• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think it's just

Opossum - FE
FE - Opossum

Opossum and FE must be best friends!!! LOL

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Fire did less than this in EO mafia though where you were both town.

Also, coming from someone in that position as well, Opossum's list is way more suspect when you have 2 confirmed towns in it (including yourself) than just one. I'm questioning it a bit too from my side considering the fact that FE was just a null slot when they got picked. Townies get unlucky, but scum also need to get mislynches and there isn't a reason to include scum in the pool. That with the slot not doing much aside from forcing that pool is definitely questionable and it's the biggest reason why I'm not jumping on FE. Their concern seems pretty genuine on a town flip.

Vote: Utopian

I don't believe you're immune to the cold and are town. I also feel like there a lot of holes missing in your role. Having the ability to tell if someone has gasoline on them or not is a very weak role that requires outing if you can't do anything about it (and if you're telling the truth, Maven still died last night so you clearly didn't do anything about it). No idea why this type of role would be immune to NKs.

In terms of your defense itself, I don't agree with others that it reads genuine. Pushing others down to bring yourself up is very sus, and you did that with Doop while trying not to step on his toes either. Also excusing your shish vote to save others when you were pretty fine going down that path multiple times (saying iirc that Shish was the only place you could think of to go) is something I'm not a fan of.

The whole paragraph about you and me being likely NKs also is off because we are both not considered to be pro-town slots. Unless our role is game changing, we have no reason to be big targets if we're not being read as townies or mafia has information on us. Roleblocker is a game changing role, salt vote is not. As a whole, the defense just seems like you're trying to sell me on you being a bad lynch choice instead of providing actual reasons for me to believe it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Fire did less than this in EO mafia though where you were both town.

Also, coming from someone in that position as well, Opossum's list is way more suspect when you have 2 confirmed towns in it (including yourself) than just one. I'm questioning it a bit too from my side considering the fact that FE was just a null slot when they got picked. Townies get unlucky, but scum also need to get mislynches and there isn't a reason to include scum in the pool. That with the slot not doing much aside from forcing that pool is definitely questionable and it's the biggest reason why I'm not jumping on FE. Their concern seems pretty genuine on a town flip.
wow I forgot all about EO, I recall dying early like at D2? So I don't remember much I die? GOODBYE LOL but these are all really good points that I hadn't considered. Especially in a confirmed-town position, Opo's pool must look really sketch.

In games prior to EO I've seen Fire really be active so I guess that's why it's jarring to me now. He's just putting his vote on, popping out, and has played really passive. And even in EO he replaced out pretty early, but this game it's D4 and he's mostly just taken a seat and chilled. I find it unusual (I think Fire was scum and did this in Bowie mafia too? not sure, I replaced in late) so I'm still keeping my eye on the slot, but I hadn't thought of these points.

Hmmm. Will pray to Nabe. He shall guide me with the correct vote

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This game's day phases are too short and benefit scum lurkers way too much

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , if you don't come back and respond to my questions earlier toDay to you, I swear to hell and high water I will wagon the **** out of you and you will die toDay. Your call.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you know what this means!!!!!!!!

everyone meet back here 30 minutes before the deadline, we'll definitely bust out the scum

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I appreciate the extension. Today has been hectic for me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't like the meta defense of Fire Emblemier by Dooms whatsoever. FE has been here quite often, especially in early game (like 50% of his posts are during the first 48 hours of the game), but he is picking and choosing what to comment on and when to just coast. This is a clear sign of trying to make a presence in the game without actually contributing anything. I mean heck, even look at N3, he's been watching the thread to see the day come up, just to throw a vote on Opo and just dip. That's not having time to play the game, that's purposely avoiding it while other topics are going on.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote Fire Emblemier

This is my direction toDay. Lynch this coasting scum or force replace him for someone that will actually play.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Sorry for the inactivity, lack of motivation really and tried to stick with it cause I loved Nabe's custom role. I'm not going to argue against my lynch. I apologize, I'm hoping I regain my motivation for playing its been gone for a while, but really trying to gain it back.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't like the meta defense of Fire Emblemier by Dooms whatsoever.
Sorry for the inactivity, lack of motivation really and tried to stick with it cause I loved Nabe's custom role. I'm not going to argue against my lynch. I apologize, I'm hoping I regain my motivation for playing its been gone for a while, but really trying to gain it back.

but seriously, if you're town, don't give up. This could be lylo. >_>

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm going to extend the Day by 24 hours, actually. I wouldn't be here for deadline toNight, and I'm on mobile in general.
Just noticed the extension when's deadline?

but seriously, if you're town, don't give up. This could be lylo. >_>
I'll try then.
This game's day phases are too short and benefit scum lurkers way too much

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , if you don't come back and respond to my questions earlier toDay to you, I swear to hell and high water I will wagon the **** out of you and you will die toDay. Your call.
I saw a post asking further evaluation of my opo vote. If there's a question I might've missed please feel free to point it out.
Well, it's based on the way he played. Pretty much almost as passive as I am in this game. Especially, with the setting up the lynch targets yesterday and backing off afterwards. Also another reason that doesn't help that I discovered last night that I also have an ability that lets me control the lynch, I haven't uses it yet though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wait what, control the lynch? Elaborate on how that works because that's important info

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Basically, I have an ability that when used at night allows me to choose who gets lynched the following day phase.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Completely on board with Fire dying. Tired of waiting for Poyzin.

GLG has me more convinced with his latest post, he was convinced way too suddenly and because of that, I believe Doop is by association.

This post is gonna sound way too weird without context but considering the situation I am right now, I might as well share this piece of info lest it dies:

MAFIA CANNOT USE THEIR SHARED PM DURING DAY PHASE ANYMORE.
They could in D1 but they can't anymore.

GLG's post sounds like it came straight out of a Mafioso who can't discuss a mislynch target in private.
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier what do you think of shishs claim?
Do you mean his claim that Mafia can't talk privately? I'm not so sure.
Which GLG post is he talking about that makes him think they can not?
It is absurd that Fire somehow gets this backwards. Shish is claiming mafia can't talk, and his GLG read is based on that. He says it in big bold letters- it is clearly his claim. Fire is not an inactive null. He is purposefully playing dumb.

Vote: Fire Emblemier

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Fire's recent claim just sounds like nonsense invented to justify his suspicion of Oppo.

Reads in order:
Town; Kary JTB Doops Poke || Opo Poyzin BarDooms Fire; Scum

If poyzin made a good, believable claim before the end of toDay he could get out of that lynch pile.
I like Opo's reads today but want to know where he goes next. Possible today the plan was to bus fire.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you have a problem with my hesitancy to reveal my whole entire role for the town and mafia to see, then lynch me.
This is not a town mindset.
If you're town, you could at least claim your role, and hope that doing so clears up the confusion, and you likely get to live. I said I wouldn't vote for you.
If you're scum, you've already been caught lying. Trying to claim your role will just make it even more obvious. You'd rather not claim and take your chances.

All I wanted to do was to clean up loose ends between you and I
Literally all you have to do is claim. Keeping your role secret is not that important.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So with that being said, I think I saved Dooms from being an NK, as well as myself.
My role allows me to see that gasoline was spilled on Maven
These two claims by themselves don't make sense.
If you have a protective role, then why are you getting results about what happened to Maven, as though you were an investigative role?
We have already had two protective roles flip for the town--a kind of bodyguard (Vult) and a jailer (Maven) flipped for the town.
And it makes even less sense for you to have cold immunity, if you can also save other players.
On top of that, it's rare for roles to be able to protect themselves.
((And it's weird of you to say you 'saved' people rather than protected them.))

I mean, maybe you are simply some kind of protective role, something like a firefighter, or you can hand out bulletproof vests (thermal vests?)
So why did you decide to lie about the gasoline part?

I'm at the point in this game where I'm sick of townies lying and doing stupid stuff. This is your last chance to come clean.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm present to class!! Sorry I'm tardy miss please don't count me absent ;(((((

LOL

I'm still not sure I want to vote on Poyzin, what he's saying is wack but I don't see why he'd make up "oh yeah I can see gasoline was poured on Maven", I don't know how he'd even come up with that. I'm leaning towards Fire still but I'd feel bad knocking him out. He's still more sketch than Poyzin but I can really relate with his motivation issues w/ mafia

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Burnt --> Gasoline. It's not a huge leap of the imagination.
Yeet it was in the flavor (I completely forgot about that for a sec tbh LOL)

But to make it your role (so it's like a watcher?), and then also say oh yeah I think I protected X and Y from a night kill, oh I'm immune to cold too, it's really bizarre that I don't think a flailing scum w/ no communication would say. A beginner scum too, I think in that case Poyzin wouldn't make as many wild claims.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeet it was in the flavor (I completely forgot about that for a sec tbh LOL)

But to make it your role (so it's like a watcher?), and then also say oh yeah I think I protected X and Y from a night kill, oh I'm immune to cold too, it's really bizarre that I don't think a flailing scum w/ no communication would say. A beginner scum too, I think in that case Poyzin wouldn't make as many wild claims.
He doesn't have zero comms. They can talk during the Night. So it's possible that his mafia buddies coached him a bit on what to say.

This is the reason I want him to claim toDay. So we can see if his story adds up before he gets to confer again.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I really don't care who we lynch between Poyzin and Fire. I just think it's important for us all to be on the same page.
When I said this earlier today:
Either way, I want to put the Bardull slot on the backburner for the time being, and instead put some attention onto people who have been very quiet so far
It's because I wanted to kill Fire today. He's done several sketchy things in my book, the one I mentioned is just the most damning.

I wasn't expecting this Poyzin thing to go as far as it did, all he had to do was say "whoops my mistake."
Instead it feels like one lie to cover up another lie, to cover up another. The fact that he's gone quiet now just makes me more suspicious.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
He doesn't have zero comms. They can talk during the Night. So it's possible that his mafia buddies coached him a bit on what to say.

This is the reason I want him to claim toDay. So we can see if his story adds up before he gets to confer again.
Good point! Although I don't recall Poyzin getting much heat yesterDay? And if they didn't realize that he had mentioned the cold they might have viewed him as the "safest" so he didn't get coached on what to say. Especially since it's parts of his responses now that are making him more suspect (would they have told him to claim the gasoline role? etc). If he was mentored beforehand I don't think he would have said some things he has (such as the gasoline spilling but also protecting other players)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I do agree a claim from him would be beneficial though. Not sure why he had to pop out of the thread and never come back.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
of course Miss Kary!!!

Fire was bullying me in the playground anyways :(

he took my Pokemon cards!! including my holo level 99 Charizard :/ getting principal Bard to vote him with me

vote fire

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , I owe you an apology. I made a commitment that I would return yesterday, and I sadly failed to return on that. I realized, with help from you, that I don't need to remain 100% private for the whole game, and that I should let the town know some information rather than be stingy and keep it all for myself. With that being said, here it is.

To start, the character I selected is irrelevant, as well as the alignment I claim to be. Words can easily be fabricated, and whatever I say, there is a chance of lying. If I were to say I'm town, you all would be reasonably suspicious of me lying. It would be impossible to take that at face value.

Now, what you all really want to see. Words cannot solely make up a claim, but actions can. I am the town clothing-inspector. Yes, I inspect your clothes. I was hysterical when I recieved my role from Nabe as well. I will not recount my char descrip, but it involves me always being disgusted with the townsfolk's shabby clothing, regardless of what it is, so I inspect them while they are sleeping to make them beautiful and good as new.

So pretty much, every night, I target a player to inspect their clothing. This target can be redirected by other players' roles. Several players do not have clothing that is able to be inspected. If I successfully inspect a garment of clothing, I will be given both the clothing's description, and a temporary immunity to cold for the night. The next night, I give the clothing item back to the player, and THEY recieve a temporary immunity to the cold for the next night. Think of it like this. I inspect a garment on Night 1. Night 2, I'm immune to the cold. Night 3, the player who's clothes I inspected is immune to the cold, and I am no longer. Night 4, nobody is. I have interpreted this to act as a doctor of a sorts, but delayed. If I do not successfully inspect a clothing item, then no party recieves the immunity to the cold. I cannot target the same player twice, and if my target is redirected to a previously inspected clothing garment, I recieve a no-clothes response. That is why I acted incredulous to Bard saying that he was nude, hoping that others would respond similarly so that I could find out if others were as well, so I wouldn't target them.

I wanted to get this out as soon as possible, for I am aware about how late this response was. No doubtedly Kary is upset, which is perfectly reasonable. I couldn't access Smashboards earlier, am currently on an out-of-state road trip.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
These two claims by themselves don't make sense.
If you have a protective role, then why are you getting results about what happened to Maven, as though you were an investigative role?
We have already had two protective roles flip for the town--a kind of bodyguard (Vult) and a jailer (Maven) flipped for the town.
And it makes even less sense for you to have cold immunity, if you can also save other players.
On top of that, it's rare for roles to be able to protect themselves.
((And it's weird of you to say you 'saved' people rather than protected them.))

I mean, maybe you are simply some kind of protective role, something like a firefighter, or you can hand out bulletproof vests (thermal vests?)
So why did you decide to lie about the gasoline part?

I'm at the point in this game where I'm sick of townies lying and doing stupid stuff. This is your last chance to come clean.
Once again the words I said were misconstrued. I said that I saved Dooms by bringing up that he would be a likely nightkill. I thought that by putting it to light, the mafia wouldn't kill Dooms. Me saving Dooms waa figurative, and was entirely within the scope of what was being said in #1049.

The whole paragraph about you and me being likely NKs also is off because we are both not considered to be pro-town slots. Unless our role is game changing, we have no reason to be big targets if we're not being read as townies or mafia has information on us. Roleblocker is a game changing role, salt vote is not. As a whole, the defense just seems like you're trying to sell me on you being a bad lynch choice instead of providing actual reasons for me to believe it.
You missed the part where I said it was my opinion that you were a likely town, and thusly a likely NK if the mafia shares my opinion.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
upick name
targets night 1,2,3
results night 1,2,3
Yup, already on the last 2. I am now assuming that you're a cop that is trying to match my info with yours, but whatever. Ya know those coat hangers that you have a bunch of in your closet? Yeah I'm one of those.

My targets were:

Fire Emblemier
JTB
Maven89

My results were a string of text paired with an image. Do you all want to see in the thread? They migjt hit close to home for JTB and FE if he shows up.

There, I full claimed. I didn't need to hide that information forever, as I originally thought.

Top Bottom