• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

((yes, there is a reason.))

unofficial votecount:

Shish 4 (Doop, JTB, GLG, Oppo)
Maven 1 (Shish)
Bard 1 (Fire)
Kary 3 (:salt:, Bard, Stu)

not voting 4 (kary, poke, poyzin, maven)

total 12p + 1 salty boi

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I am back

from making cookies in a mug

Betty Crocker is my best friend

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For those not up to speed, Shish's claimed role is some kind of super killer. Here's a list from a fan forum:

Here is a list of various things MEoDP is confirmed to kill...
  • any mundane object found on Earth
  • vampires that regenerate by turning back their local-time
  • confirmed future timelines
  • pocket-dimensions
  • magical spells and attacks
  • telekinesis
  • precognition
  • poison
  • disease
Personally I find it pretty sketch that Shish claimed 'vig' first. If he thought his role could be used as a vig, I would have thought he would test that night 1. Knocking out mafia comms seems pretty low on the list of things that I would try, and a bit less in the flavor of the role.
Also, the flavor. His role is literally a girl that kills things. Let's be real.

Also, he needs to die at this point, we've been waiting all day.

I'm going the **** to sleep, so I ask my minions to ensure this Shish lynch happens and no mistakes are made. Pokechu Pokechu Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

D

Deleted member

Or lynch Shish I guess. Kinda confused about his role. Seems like a given that scum can talk during the day phase.
Look up Ryougi Shiki. Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is an ability that allows her to see the Death Lines and Points of anything, including concepts.
Cutting the lines separates them, stabbing the main Point destroys its existence.
@Shishœ
so let me get this straight, you don't target a player, you just submit the name of something that you want to affect?
And Night 1 you chose "the ability of mafia to communicate during the Day" ?

what made you choose that?
Messing up with the Mafia's ability to communicate properly seemed like the best option at the moment. That's one of the advantages they have over Town, cutting it by half seems like an obvious pick.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
three hours

hmmmm

not sure how I feel that Kary and Bard won't be here RIP

if you're here and you know it clap your hands

if you're here and you know it and you really wanna show it clap your hands

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
three hours

hmmmm

not sure how I feel that Kary and Bard won't be here RIP

if you're here and you know it and you really wanna show it clap your hands
SHOOT

I DIDN'T EVEN GET IT RIGHT

if you're here and you know it and you really wanna show it

lynch me

i dont deserve to live

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
making this thread my diary ;);)Embarrass

I'm not sure where I lie with Barney but I usually like his contributions

and I feel lonely without anyone in the thread ;(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
lowkey if it was just like 12 me's in this game there'd be more heat on Fire (cool dude though but he's been SO passive!!! I think when he was a scum chum in Bowie Mafia he was really passive too?)

he just hasn't been really contributing and has just been kind of like an Echo Fighter LOL

but I can still see why Shish is on the hotseat, still not Kary but that's because it's literally only two people on her :laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OK

It's time for me to focus

I have to carry the town to victory!!!!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
lowkey if it was just like 12 me's in this game there'd be more heat on Fire (cool dude though but he's been SO passive!!! I think when he was a scum chum in Bowie Mafia he was really passive too?)

he just hasn't been really contributing and has just been kind of like an Echo Fighter LOL

but I can still see why Shish is on the hotseat, still not Kary but that's because it's literally only two people on her :laugh:
Feel free to ask me questions. Currently still at work, but will be back before deadline.

Also unvote

D

Deleted member

Opo is likely a 3P who's gonna become immortal without me to kill him

Vote: Kary

If I'm still dead, look onto anyone who tried to discredit my claims of me disabling Mafia Daytalk, you'll see they are true with my flip

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

If I'm still dead, look onto anyone who tried to discredit my claims of me disabling Mafia Daytalk, you'll see they are true with my flip
Dude, even if you are telling the truth I'd take issues with the role. That seems kind of overpowered in a game like mafia, to the point where you may as well have tried taking away their ability to kill.

Such a role seems kinda outlandish to me. Something something "four doctors" and all, but still.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wow

A friend! In the thread!! A thread friend!! Embarrass

May or may not send questions your way, I'd feel bad bothering you at work LOL

Here's why I have a townread on Kary though @ thread

WHY are you so passive this game? You have the ability to suggest something on your own, you know?
then which waggon do you like? you've not been very active toDay.
We already know that there is something strange about Marissa.

Do you have anything to add? Because it feels like you're taking a backseat in this game so far.
Post what you have now.
This is simply incorrect. Because so many players are dragging their heels in this game, I feel obliged to push in a lot of directions and try and get things moving. You would need to go one step further and explain why, if I was scum, I would be trying to distract and confuse- when by comparison I could be doing nothing, or sheeping on the Shish waggon, for instance. But I really don't want to waste time on this.
She is perhaps the player most involved in trying to get others to take action. Scum wants a quiet thread, yet Kary is for sure one of the most active posters, and I don't recall many times where scum is trying to hide with their activity; the more posts they make, the harder they can be judged. I think her trying to involve other people is townie because without her doing this a lot of people wouldn't actually be doing anything (well no DUH ofc that's townie LOL). I'm not saying this just to state the obvious but she's been trying to get others to contribute throughout the whole game. Even her Korean ****posting got people to post because a lot of people partook in it.

And even in these quotes, she's making her stances clear and creating new stances. She was one of the first to show a distaste of Fire and his passiveness, for instance. She isn't simply echoing other people's thoughts like many are doing in this game. That's why I think her activity isn't a guise.

so, did y'all see the 'NOT' hidden in Marisa's message, yes?
Personally I think that slot is just a problem I want to ignore for the time being.
This shows she's actively examining everything that is put into the thread. I know at first I didn't pay much mind to the letters from Marisa, I noticed there was text behind them and read that but I still did not and would not have noticed the "NOT" hidden if it weren't for Kary. And yeah, those letters are probably nothing in the long run, but Kary looking into them shows that she wants all of her corners covered
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe what about soup editing his posts? I don't know what was said so I don't know if that causes a problem.
this adds on to what I'm saying, she wanted to see the original posts just in case something was said that we could all benefit from seeing. These quotes all show that she's REALLY observant of the game and making a genuine effort to contribute

Her gambit about poisoning I thought was smart because it was still a way to get a reaction from a player, and had she done the usual "day vig claim" like most people do (and like Bard suggested she should have done) it might not have been as effective and could have been easily seen through.

On Kary vs Bard she's using a bit of meta (which, there's no reason to lie about, and if she is IDK how or why she would've specifically come up with 'when bard is scum he votes for me' to lie about) and using his lack of depth to base her read off of, which I feel is fair. Bard is sitting on her with two votes and has left this phase. Isn't that reason to be suspicious of someone?

Kary has made well, thought-out arguments and has pushed for other players to state what's on their mind. I simply don't think scum would do that poison claim or use meta the way she has been.

This about sums it up, feel free to @ me anyone if you want me to explain further. wanna move onto other things

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh

the first bit of the post I made was directed towards fire, I didn't think my amigos would come back to the thread for some reason LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

hmmmmm, I don't like this vote, is it pure self-preservation or do you have other reasons for it? Didn't you say before that you were liking Kary's contributions or am I mistaken?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not sure I can believe "immortal third party" either. Disabling the mafia chat, being a vig, and being the sole counter to a third party, all in one role? That seems really overpowered imo but IDK

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hmmm looking through shish's posts but he hasn't contributed much today

to be fair I HAVEN'T EITHER LOL :joyful:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I said it a while back today that I didn't believe Kary to be scum; I'll search and quote that if I can, along with the reasoning I provided. There really isn't anything else I can do besides join in on a Shish vote. Kary I feel is fine, Shish is definitely not fine. If helping Kary means that I need to lynch Shish, then that's what I'm going to do.

Vote: Shishoe

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So, the conclusion? I'm leaning towards Kary being Town. Even if poison seems like a scum trait (to me, based on poison = bad), I trust that Kary is smart enough to not give away any crucial elements of her role and abilities. Say that Kary has the ability to poison. If she were scum, that wouldn't be something that you would openly admit to the players as their killing method. Now, if she were a townie, then stating that her role involves poisoning doesn't seem too far-fetched.
Here's that quote, it was in the aftermath of the poisoning gambit.

I think it's just a long-winded explanation, and not an attempt to persuade or deflect attention.
Didn't see this at first, but you hit it right on the head. I wouldn't write out a full backstory like that if I was trying to deflect attention; there's a certain line in which I speak about things happening in real life where I step out of the game a bit to explain.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not sure what to think of Shish. His D1 play didn't really raise my eyebrows. His opposition to last-minute lynches is his usual stance so it didn't bother me, and it alongside other things I find usual for him make me consider giving him a chance to post more content akin to Opo or Maven so I could try to judge it better, but I don't like how he hasn't really made any cases for anyone. At the start of this phase he just wanted to default to Maven/Opo just for inactivity, yet that's not really a scumtell. I could swear he stated a reason for voting Maven this phase, I'm trying to find it in his posts. And aside from that, he did put this out
GLG has me more convinced with his latest post, he was convinced way too suddenly and because of that, I believe Doop is by association. GLG's post sounds like it came straight out of a Mafioso who can't discuss a mislynch target in private.
but never expanded on what felt slimy about GLG's post.

For reference, this is giraffe's post
Work's been a bit of a slog this week so I haven't been as active as I'd like to be this game, but I should be able to post more next week(taking it off for the holidays).

Also Hi JTB! Good to see old faces again.
I think JTB has a lot of good points about shish so I'm going to Vote:Shish. Seeing the posts together made me realize how much of his focus was on post restrictions being scummy and how to handle marisa that it seemed to be more important to him than scum hunting. I need to reread but I think Pokechu is in a bit of that same boat, but not to near of as much of an extent.

Kary vs Bard so far has been a mess for me trying to decide if it's a town vs town argument or a town vs scum argument. Kary has been very vocal and has made a lot of reads that I agree with the logic behind, and while the poison gambit and the faking of a post restriction give me a bit of a pause, but that might be because I'm more used to scum gambits than town gambits. But with how inactive the player list has been this game(myself included) it would be so so easy for a scum Kary to never post and let Doop/JTB/ntS JD be the only three posting and the more active players the better a town can play. Bard OTOH has been a bit of a null for me this game, none of his posts have been super town to me and none have been super scum. Some of their back and forth seems like it's focusing on things beyond the game, such as when Kary mentioned Bard is more likely to RVS vote her as scum than he is as town. I don't know their history, and quite frankly it doesn't matter, but I do think this is a discussion that will be better tackled tomorrow than today. I'd lynch bard before Kary though.

If someone has something they want me to specifically respond to please @ me. I will definitely be able around before deadline tonight.
Before when I commented on Shish's stance on this I wasn't sure what he was referencing but I can kind of see it now, he's referencing giraffe's vote. giraffe did just say "I agree", made one observation, and hopped on LOL but I think when you consider giraffe's post history it isn't as farfetched. I think giraffe was genuine here, JTB's argument I found thought-out too and giraffe's connecting it to other players it could be applied to (me). Looking at his D1 posts
Vult Redux Thank you for providing the quotes about shish, it's hard for me to decide if that's scummy behavior or is something that could be chalked up to as Meta.
What about Shish is suspicious to you? you mentioned earlier it was his interactions with Kary but how did shish's interactions differ from others?
He's shown concern of Shish previously. If we only had the one post Shish was referencing then I'd be sketch of giraffe, but I think that enough material was put out by giraffe for his vote to not be seen as "too sudden". I think he's only played with Shish maybe once? In one of Nabe's games, so it makes sense to me that he'd hold off on participating on the Shish talk D1 and hop in D2 when someone makes a legitimate case on him, because Shish would have made more posts by then and he (giraffe) would have had the time to consider everything.

I still don't understand why Shish said it sounded like giraffe couldn't discuss a mislynch target in private, which is my problem with the slot. Shish hasn't pursued anyone aside from the inactives (unless I've forgotten something), where it's more of a policy lynch. The observations he does make he doesn't expand on in depth, and then he resorts to a roleclaim and a self-preservation vote on someone who is relatively townread (I believe? considering how the only other votes on Kary are bard x2 and Sold/Stu). It's not a good look imo and I think he could do better in trying to convince us why arguments or reads on him are incorrect or why XYZ should be lynched instead of him. It is hard to be convinced by a slot that is not putting out content.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I feel bad about voting Shish since I believe @ the start of the phase he said he wouldn't have much time but I may put my vote on him by phase end to ensure no magik tricks and Kary lives since I'm definitely more keen on that slot than Shish

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I feel bad about voting Shish since I believe @ the start of the phase he said he wouldn't have much time but I may put my vote on him by phase end to ensure no magik tricks and Kary lives since I'm definitely more keen on that slot than Shish
although to be fair voting the no-show worked day 1 to get out scum :troll:

vote shish vote shish vote shish vote shish

LOL :joyful:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why Shish said it sounded like giraffe couldn't discuss a mislynch target in private, which is my problem with the slot. Shish hasn't pursued anyone aside from the inactives (unless I've forgotten something), where it's more of a policy lynch. The observations he does make he doesn't expand on in depth, and then he resorts to a roleclaim and a self-preservation vote on someone who is relatively townread (I believe? considering how the only other votes on Kary are bard x2 and Sold/Stu). It's not a good look imo and I think he could do better in trying to convince us why arguments or reads on him are incorrect or why XYZ should be lynched instead of him. It is hard to be convinced by a slot that is not putting out content.
If we're to believe shish, he's saying that since he cut off the communication of the mafia today I wouldn't be able to coordinate with my scumteam how to lynch him without it being an obvious attempt at a mislynch is what he's getting at I believe.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe I know we just had one recently, but could we get one final vote count before the deadline? I have some work to do, so I'll be lurking around the thread for the next hour. Don't know if there's going to be a last-minute discussion to be a part of, so I'll just stick around and wait for people to enter with 70 minutes before the deadline.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm here now. I'd like to hear some thoughts. Who would you look at next if Shish turns out to be Mafia? Who would look at if he's telling the truth and he's pro town?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seconding this, Kary quoted Doop's response to me regarding the exact same issue. All Dooplissity Dooplissity gave in his response was that Maven was his strongest town when asked to give a better target for Maven and Opo. Kary's and my point concerning Moy not pushing for Maven, much less hard-pushing, are still up in the air.
Given my beliefs, what better response do you want? To me, a better target than Maven or Opo doesn't mean I should go build a case on GLG or Bardull or whomever, it means "pretty much anyone else". I think those are both really bad lynches. Shish's criticism that I'm overselling how much Moy shadecasted Maven is probably correct, sure, but Maven was still almost our lynch, and the way the wagon built was really off to me. I just don't see a world where Moy shadecasts Maven more than any other player, and we almost lynch Maven, yet Maven is somehow Scum. Maven's play (or lack thereof) just isn't relevant, weird as that may be.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount

Shish (Doop, JTB, GLG, Opo, Poyzin)
Kary (:salt:, Bard, Stu, Shish)

Pokechu Pokechu Is 742 a vote for Shish?
Dang, it's actually getting pretty close here. I genuinely do not know who will be lynched tonight, but I hope Kary gets to stick around. Seems like a waste to lynch her, as I'm finally believing that she's town.

FireEmblemier is here, Kary already made a decision, so that leaves Maven89 Maven89 to leave a say on the Shish v Kary. Starting to get a bit frustrated about no quality D2 posts though.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Given my beliefs, what better response do you want? To me, a better target than Maven or Opo doesn't mean I should go build a case on GLG or Bardull or whomever, it means "pretty much anyone else". I think those are both really bad lynches. Shish's criticism that I'm overselling how much Moy shadecasted Maven is probably correct, sure, but Maven was still almost our lynch, and the way the wagon built was really off to me. I just don't see a world where Moy shadecasts Maven more than any other player, and we almost lynch Maven, yet Maven is somehow Scum. Maven's play (or lack thereof) just isn't relevant, weird as that may be.
That's really all I needed. Thanks mate!

D

Deleted member

I'm currently eating dinner so don't have full time to post, but what? Why?
He mentioned he wouldn't be able to killed "under normal circumstances" if fulfilled certain conditions and my role likely bypasses any sort of protection not to mention there's a hint in my Role PM to a separate personality of me that's present in the game.

Top Bottom