• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED! SoVA Presents: OCT 18-19 BRAWL Singles+Doubles NEW INFO!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol how come candy gets $2 for his MK and me for $1? =P lol no fair rofl. you should treat us the same <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Results Thread [click the blue arrow =D]

Hope everyone likes the new venue...but anyway, here are the basic results [sorry to those in pools as we don't have rankings within the pools...if somone has an idea of what they were for their specific pool, let me know and I'll add in rankings]

Basically, there were 23 entrants, 3 pools of 6 people, and one pool of 5 people. Top 3 advance to a 12 man bracket.

1: Candy ($138.00)
2: Kornnnnnn ($69.00)
3: CK ($23.00)
4: Boss
5: toasty
5: Kadaj
7: DragonCharlz
7: Gonzo
9: Whodat
9: SSR
9: D0N
9: Pyronic Star

There were 13 teams so we only did a Double Elim. Bracket

1: Mario beats his Snake (Boss & Candy) ($156.00)
2: Mashi & Jwolf (Mashi & Jwolf) ($78.00)
3: Rice way better than taco (Kornnnnnnnnnnnn & CK) ($26.00)
4: Kit Cloud Kickers (toasty & Black G)
5: PSSR (Pyronic Star & SSR)
5: El Chocolate Diablo (Kadaj & Famous)
7: PK Triforce (D0N & PK-FU)
7: Strawberry Doom (Whodat & DragonCharlz)
9: Jumbalaya (Riku & Dobee)
9: Muppet Show (Gonzo & ESOJ)
9: Pretty Pony (Soul51 & Earthpower)
9: Starbound (Uki & Rhan)
13: Team Donkey Punch (Arab & Toine)

Looks like I'll actually have time to post some vids so just subscribe here and they'll be uploaded starting tonight and throughout the week when I get a chance:

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

toasty

Smash Hero
Before anyone asks:
I've already uploaded Winners/Losers/Grand Finals [in that order] for Singles...

Everything I upload after that for Singles Bracket will go in REVERSE order of when they occurred on that TV that was recording. So right now I'm only doing Singles Bracket [meaning I'm not uploading pools yet].

After Singles Bracket, I'll upload Winners/Losers/Grand Finals for teams.
And then reverse order for teams bracket on that TV.

And THEN Singles Pools recorded on that TV.
...and finally...vids from the last M.A. tourney that NoVa came to >_>

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

and no more posting in here, plz...results thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5606049#post5606049

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
Couldn't stay for singles tournament because the traffic delayed it.

When is the next tournament. BTW, I was the 15 year old maining Yoshi :D

toasty

Smash Hero
lol i'll seduce her before she makes the call like i did to get the free soda at "wing fest" lol she said i didnt have to pay ever notice how i had like four sodas instead of two :grin:
NO! I DIDN'T! WTFFFFFF!

at least you didn't get free upgrades on ice cream like Boose and I did after the Volcano wings hahaha, that **** was hilarious!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah toasty. haha this might sound awkward coming from me but will there be brawl? haha. =P

toasty

Smash Hero
@_@ hahahahah..uhhhh...I mean, that's up to whoever. Basically, there can be Brawl starting on the 9th TV LMAO...unless I decide to change my mind :)

dude...we never got to play any singles matches saturday! wtfx!

But for real, just like there was one Melee setup on saturday, there should only be one Brawl setup this Saturday if there is one at all. And if we need the set up for tournament, people need to respect that. Melee will take priority this weekend and Brawl will only be available after my requirements for Melee setups are satisfied [may not be 8, but we'll see]

So: BRING SETUPS. We already have at least 3 TVs. I don't know when BlackG wants his TV back so I can't guarantee his being available for saturday. I only have one Melee setup though.

If you're bringing Melee setups, PLEASE arrive on early so we can set up. What's a good time to start the tourney?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha that'd be fun. we never tried teams either. i like to try a lot of people =P

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
rawr, I never played competitive Melee, and I don't wanna go just to get my *** kicked in Melee, and if there is only a slight chance of Brawl. :(

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
ahh i can't find any tournies that are before the 18th. lol. links plx? =[

Top Bottom