• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Updated for Names and Food Options)S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H. Tourney, the REAL Tournament

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Sure, I'll MM you, BUT!
For a SHINY penny.
Wait. Does it HAVE to be a shiny penny? --starts going through his coin bank--

Lol, one hadned matches ftw...oh and btw we asked the gate...it appears that we need first and last names =(. Its annoying but its what we have to do. So either pm me/sds aboit it, or post it on the thread. A pm would prolly get to us better.
Wait.

whhhhhhhhhy do you need first and last names?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol prac, but i dont like baseball much. Who knows maybe it is. We will find out as long as yall colombus cats come down here. Oh and what were alll those names pada?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
For the sake of hilarity, for the sake of driving in my infamous dead point, for the sake of making a post on here, i will bring up my old retort to this question.

If you have a North vs South GA crew battle, you will have GA's smash community vs me.
Well, what if I came to this?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
If u guys can get more OoS people than there can be an OoS crew. If not, Then we can do like a team captain thing. Pick teams. K thx for the names pada.

Edit: So any1 who is coming to the tourney plz pm me about names.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Hm, I'll see what I can do that make this, though after Smash Aid I'm going to be near broke due to taking a bus to Atlanta, if that's what it takes to get there.

Hurray for lack of transportation!*sarcasm*-_-.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Thats kewl. You guys think this is all thats coming, or is it still too early to say that, considering there are 3 more weeks? Apparentlly Atlanta isnt making a show at this, come on guys, u dont want to miss the first ever "real" Savannah tourney...do u?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hm, I'll see what I can do that make this, though after Smash Aid I'm going to be near broke due to taking a bus to Atlanta, if that's what it takes to get there.

Hurray for lack of transportation!*sarcasm*-_-.
Ummmm you keep forgetting about us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do my best to chat with the guys and see about our spacing for Smash Aid, I know we are taking two cars for sure because most, if not all of us, will be attending that one since it's barely 2 hours away. So yeah, I'll get back to you on that.

As for this tourny, I'm in the same $$ **** hole actually... :( If I show up, I show up, that's all I can say. You guys already have my name, so it's all good.

ss118

Smash Master
awww maaaaan.....
I just found out i have to go to out of town.....
****!!!!
oh well, see some of ya'll at smash aid

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
so can u bring more than one this time ss118? And if u can only bring one, is evan definitely coming with you? Oh btw gerbil i dont got your last name, i dont konw if ss118 has it. And to every1 else from colombus/GPC who is coming...i got no names and dont know who's coming. Is it because its so early b4 the tourney, or is it because u guys arent sure if u guys are coming yet? Also there could be an OoS crew, if we can get enough people. Cause some Sc/Fl should be able to make it if they actually want to...we r not that far away. Plz dont forget the names, and gerbil i might im u about tourney.

Prac352

Smash Lord
so can u bring more than one this time ss118? And if u can only bring one, is evan definitely coming with you? Oh btw gerbil i dont got your last name, i dont konw if ss118 has it. And to every1 else from colombus/GPC who is coming...i got no names and dont know who's coming. Is it because its so early b4 the tourney, or is it because u guys arent sure if u guys are coming yet? Also there could be an OoS crew, if we can get enough people. Cause some Sc/Fl should be able to make it if they actually want to...we r not that far away. Plz dont forget the names, and gerbil i might im u about tourney.
I don't know about the rest of CDE and at this point even I may not be attending. I already sent you my name in a pm to which you replied. Check your box again if yuo don't think you have it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
i got your name prac. Its any1 else from columbus whos coming that i dont have. Got gerbil and X2X's first names though. Thx for replying prac, and once again u think people who said they were coming think its too early for names, or r u just not sure if u r coming (sorry for having to repeat but im not getting an answer). Thx again for the name prac.

Prac352

Smash Lord
i got your name prac. Its any1 else from columbus whos coming that i dont have. Got gerbil and X2X's first names though. Thx for replying prac, and once again u think people who said they were coming think its too early for names, or r u just not sure if u r coming (sorry for having to repeat but im not getting an answer). Thx again for the name prac.
I'm not sure if I'll be attending. I'm going to try and . . . we'll see. I can't speak for the rest of the guys though.

Just hold your horses on the names. Give people time to see the thread. You bumping it every five minutes isn't going to make them log in any faster. Just relax. There's still plenty of time. We're the ones who are supposed to be bothering you about tourney info. Those who want to come will. Let people figure out if they want to or not.

ss118

Smash Master
2 things:

1st off: I WILL be attending this.
2nd: heh, the tourney date change on the other tourney is bad karma on me. Sorry guys.
4th: 300TH POST *****ES!!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Awwww man I am really sory I missed the date of this tournament..... =[ I can't change to any other date because some of my crew mates are in a wedding or out of town the 11th..... then the 18th is gigabits witch is another FL tourney that would cut my attendance down from FL alot..... and then after that I start college up again sooo I can't deal with the tourney and new classes.... I am sorry my GA brothers but the 4th is the only option.

Maybe if we could work something out and combine our tournaments?? It would make our **** even greater.. the only problem is have to travel around 4 to 5 hours.

Put the date in the thread title so it is easy for other people to plan tournaments please =]

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Wow, menthol. That's dirty. Promoting another tourney in somebody else's thread . . . tsk, tsk.
I wouldn't call that promoting...
I had said I was going to this, and I posted to reneg on my attendance, the thread link was merely the explanation for the reason why.

But any Savannah kids who still want MMs- we can do them at SmashAid, if you're going to that.

ss118

Smash Master
I WOULD have put the date in the title
*Glares at SDS*
THIS is why you shouldn't be lazy when posting up a whole frigg'n tournament!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
awww sorry guys but like I said in my thread if you guys want to try and combine tournaments I would be happy to do that.... we can put togeather our lists of preregs.... which I need to update mine..... And see what site would make for a better tournament =] then have a North Florida Savannah tournament. even more people would come =]

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I think that with all the GA tournaments going down it would be a good change of pace for you guys to come down to FL =]

But we can talk about it later like tomorrow im sleepy now but hit me up on aim ss118 or who ever is in charge of the tourney

aim = DrummerdudeEG

ss118

Smash Master
I think that with all the GA tournaments going down it would be a good change of pace for you guys to come down to FL =]

But we can talk about it later like tomorrow im sleepy now but hit me up on aim ss118 or who ever is in charge of the tourney

aim = DrummerdudeEG
You know what? Do you have ANY idea how many tournies FL have in a single month? Usually 3-4.
How many does GA have? Usually 1 or 2, 3 if it's a good month.
If you want to combine our tournies, fine. I agree, it would DEFINATELY(sp) bring a bigger crowd.
But did you even realize why this is called the S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H. tourney? Its because this is happening in Savannah. If you want to combine the tournies, fine. But don't expect us to come down there.
My AIM is Articanus. Shocking, no?
If you want to talk to me more about it, conact me there. Otherwise, all your doing is showing off your tourney.
And yes, I'm trying to be as nice as possible saying all of this.
Have a nice day.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
You know what? Do you have ANY idea how many tournies FL have in a single month? Usually 3-4.
How many does GA have? Usually 1 or 2, 3 if it's a good month.
lol? Lately there's been about the same number in both states per month.

I know because im in THE spot where I have to decide. >.<

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*Jumps in to prevent possible arguement*

Articanus: Dude... Drummaboi is trying to be super nice about this, I've met him in person a couple of times, and he's a really cool dude, even if I am 1-1 with him right now. (I'm coming back for you >.<) Same dates for tournaments happen, it cannot be avoided at all. Just stick with your plan, and you'll get some attendance. That's all I can say. Hell I think G4S1 was held the same day as a Gigabits if I remember correctly, and we still topped out at 43 our first go around. So yeah... just be sure to keep your cool, sounds as if you're getting ansy.

Drummaboi: Did I mention I am coming for you? >.<

Prac: Hehehe I advertise G4S tournies in everythread! ^.^ *points to sig*

Menthol: What I told Prac.

Dogy: You are quite right in being at THE place to decide. How do you feel about that? O.O

ummmm.......

Alpha: You hungry? I know I am :(

Wow... seems like I kinda gave shoutouts..... word. :cool:

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
=[ hostle GA.....

I just was trying to bring up all of our attendance and I thought it would be ok to combine and better both of our tournaments since the wek before they have to compete with smashaids and 2 weeks after gigabits. well ill talk to you on aim bro.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
=[ not NFL we are another state.... dont judge us just because SFL and CFL have alot of tournaments it takes us just as long to drive to those as it does to GA tournaments.... but whatever since all this drama we might end up just canceling ours..... but when we reschedual I hope that you will have a more understanding attitude. thanks anyways ss118

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Wow, for a tourney these are some really hard feelings. Drumma Boi, thx for trying to be so nice about this, but im not in a position to decide if we combine tournies, its more in sds' hands. I agree we should have posted tourney date in title of thread *glares at articanus until he glares at sds*, but whats done is done. Either way whether we combine or not both tournies should get a "decent" turnout. Yours will prolly have better since its FL(come on GA we are lagging behind. We have to CATCH up!!!!!!!!!!). If we did combine tourney dates where would we do it? Also how far is your tourney from savannah? To" Articanus...u know my opinion on this to u and if u dont just call me about it. And hey Gerbil, so is there no courtesy to people outside of columbus. People in Savannah get hungry too >.< *asks for food*

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
? savannah is more southern than colmbus or where is its places ment because colombus is 4 and a half with stops I travel that way a good bit with my crew.

well I am pretty sure that after talkin with everyone last night a bit that we will cancel ours until sept or oct for more turnout and maybe we can get GA to come. Really NFL is like another state because tallahassee is 2 and a half and gainsville is 4 hours from us and those are the closest smash scenes and they still are not the main ones in FL soooo NFL doesnt see much of our fellow FL boys unless we travel down there. Other than that we see south alabama and LA sometimes.... but we are pretty desolate from a large smash scene like central and south FL and GA

My crews thoughts for us going to GA to combine things were (no) because we have been 2 GA many times in the last few months and are going to smash aids also. and you guys seem pretty intent on not combining here sooo it isnt that big of a deal. We are going to have one of the last SSBM tournies before brawl comes out then after brawl comes out have one of the first.

well I hope to see some of the colombus and savannah guys at our tourney when we do have it. Also GPC should come in full force. GA is too cool XD

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
? savannah is more southern than colmbus or where is its places ment because colombus is 4 and a half with stops I travel that way a good bit with my crew.

well I am pretty sure that after talkin with everyone last night a bit that we will cancel ours until sept or oct for more turnout and maybe we can get GA to come. Really NFL is like another state because tallahassee is 2 and a half and gainsville is 4 hours from us and those are the closest smash scenes and they still are not the main ones in FL soooo NFL doesnt see much of our fellow FL boys unless we travel down there. Other than that we see south alabama and LA sometimes.... but we are pretty desolate from a large smash scene like central and south FL and GA

My crews thoughts for us going to GA to combine things were (no) because we have been 2 GA many times in the last few months and are going to smash aids also. and you guys seem pretty intent on not combining here sooo it isnt that big of a deal. We are going to have one of the last SSBM tournies before brawl comes out then after brawl comes out have one of the first.

well I hope to see some of the colombus and savannah guys at our tourney when we do have it. Also GPC should come in full force. GA is too cool XD
Aye, I was looking forward to seeing you guys again... T_T

So lemme know as soon as you have your next date for a tournament, and I'll request off from work so I can bring a little GPC into your lives~ ;)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Thx for helping us out with this drummaboi, any other comment i have, i already im'ed u about. Hope to see a good turnout =).

Top Bottom