• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
...LMAO ok.
It doesnt mean anything to me that I couldnt make that tourney. I have a job.
And I could care less if Im off ur little list Wes. It just seems really disrespectful.
I read the disclaimer so Im beyond that. After hearing what you did I just had to reply this thread. Its ok though. Who cares more about video games than girls??
I know someone...Props to Chad regardless of this stpid list.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This is where I step in. Granted Merc, you're good as hell. We never doubted that. But we do have a set of restrictions and guidelines we set that we must follow. Most certainly this list is not perfect, but it is still early. Take the following quote into account, and I'll explain it a little further.

It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches).
I bolded the more important part. In order to make this Power Ranking list, tournament attendance on a frequent level is required. And frankly man, I havn't seen you at all since I started Smash, way back in April. Wes mentioned you attending an OOS, but of course I wasn't there myself. It is because of this factor, that you were bumped down. That's what had happened to co and me as well, only because he attended Devotion were we able to put him back on the list, even though we know he can take perhaps half the guys already on it.

Don't think we are being disrespectful, I too take responsibility for the decisions made.

We all have lives too, I keep a job, Alpha keeps and job and is in college, Wes and Bobby both are in college, etc etc. So we understand, but it also needs to be stated that we didn't count just Devotion in the overall thought process. We looked as far back as Co's Lazer for the Children.

And to brighten the moment... you arn't the only one who finds this list dumb. But again it is still new, and we are devising ways to alleviate the problems that occured.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
. . .

...LMAO ok.
And I could care less if Im off ur little list Wes. It just seems really disrespectful.
I read the disclaimer so Im beyond that. After hearing what you did I just had to reply this thread. Its ok though. Who cares more about video games than girls??
i don't know why you take direct attacks at me, i really don't think i've ever done anything to you or done anything to deserve it. Thats aside the point though, since you are addressing problems, I suppose i'll address my thoughts. First, i don't really care that it didn't mean anything to you that you couldn't make it, so i don't know why you chose to say that first, as if it was important to me. trust me, i didn't lose sleep over not getting the extra, what, 4 bucks or so from you (btw you still owe me 11 dollars for gas). On the same note however, you "have a job" so you couldn't make it". Not to bring mike into this, but i looked myself and he was telling the truth, you said

Dam dude.
U still alive yo?? Whats up wit yo phone? Did u make that tourney tho?
I wudda drove if u let me know. Cuz I didnt do **** today.

And there's my reason for arguing that. Second, the list isn't made from only my tournaments, so that point doesn't make much sense either. Third, its not my list, you, as well as everyone else, may not know this, but it was never my idea to make the list, gerbil and 112 IM'd me one sunday night and asked if i would like to be a panelist, so its not my list, and it wasn't my sole decision to take you off. Its not disrespectful, if it is, then you have to assume we were being "disrespectful" to co and me when he wasnt on the first list. If you don't meet the guidelines, you can't expect to be on the list, that argument has no grounds. "After hearing what i did" <- i don't really know what you are talking about. If its "ok", then why post your negative feelings? To tell you the truth, the part about "someone" liking video games more than girls was just immature. You don't even know me outside of smash, so how could you make any comments involving my life. . .

wes

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*steps down from Awesomeness Throne and bows to Wes...*

*Wakes up*

lol. No more talking it out after this post. All three of us have posted our thoughts about the matter. Granted 112 didn't, and may not, but after this we need to chill. It IS just a video game, and yeah we all enjoy it and some of us make good money from it. But we shouldn't have discrepancies over a list. We all now know the requirements to get on the list, so enough said. :)

Continue with random posts and comments.

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
Wes dude, lol omg. Ill just say this, so u dont have to reply back. ( if u want.)
I just had to say something. Smash pride is what drives us as players. We have to hold ourselves at our own personal standard. Ill always feel a certain way, so I took it a certain way. I didnt know it was the three of u doing this list thing.
But the lowblow wasnt neccesary, so I take it back. No rivalries here dude.

C......

Smash Apprentice
*claps*
gj fellas, ya both handled the situation like men. Oh yea Gerbil, i kno im a couple pages late but i didnt kno u were referring to GX when u said SoD, i completely forgot about that (it was more of a fun thing for me than a tourny). giggity!!!!!!!!...............................goo?

Eugenio

Smash Lord
So apparently everybody in on this thread (including myself) got a D in Geography, because no one seems to know, if Stone Mt. is in the West, East, North, South or Central. Does ANY ONE know? I just don't want the part of GA that I currently live in to be ignored is all.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
...i leave and hell breaks loose......what would u guys do without conyers....
The same thing we did at Devotion... wonder where the easy money was! Conyers sucks they cant even find tournies lol.

I also have to laugh at this thing that arose between merc and wes. 1. thats why I didnt put this thing together because I knew something was giong to happen that was totally pointless and stupid and people would get upset about it. 2. Merc, I just thought it was funny that u read the "disclaimer" which u thought was talking about you and others that were moved down. Yet you didnt read where Wes clearly says him and 112 and gerbil put the list together. People hear, and apparently read, what they want to hear/read.

Shin Chaos

Smash Apprentice
for the phantasy star universe players.... do any of you guys want to do some runs together?

i have a force - (Sennen lv 33) and a Hunter - (Shin Chaos lv 15) soon to been a Wartecher.

chaddd

Smash Lord
So yeah, I heard someone in here has my name
That all depends on your perspective. It's entirely possible that you, sir, are the doppleganger. It's entirely possible, however, that I am the evil one. This is why we must call a truce and forget name ownership. In fact, I think we should both prove why people named Chad own everyone. Chad power!

...LMAO ok.
Merc, dood. You must remember, this list is based on tournament performance. Honestly, if you went to these tourneys, I wouldn't have gone anywhere on the list. I know you kick ***, just prove it to everyone. Also, caring about games more than girls is not something to be ashamed of. See, girls, or females, as I like to call them, are notto be taken seriously. If you ever realize that you're taking a female seriously, then you need to slow it down and remember that once you let a girl own you, it's game over for that thing you call your personality. But yeah, start coming to these tourneys, man. It's like a week's paycheck up for grabs. Come onnnnn.

Wes, defend yourself all you want. You still have cooties, no matter what you say.

Pay attention? Where?

=P

-THAT BE MU****ING ALL-

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Mike and I name battled for the right to be called Mike G. I think everyone knows how that went lol. Name battle 2 out of 3 lol.

reinx

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure how I got so low, but oh well. You'll all get beaten soon enough.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
*me showing people my rank*
"Ok go to Smashboards.com, click on the link were it says "Georgia Power Rankings", ok, now scroll down a little,....ok a little more, just a little bit more......no no thats top ten, a little lower....your getting there.....oh no no thats teir 2...just scroll down a little bit more....and...BAYYYYYYMMMMMM SON TEIR 3 REPRESENT FOO' YOU SEE MY NAME DANIEL ZAMAN !!!!!!!!111!111 eleven

In all honesty Im really proud just have my name on the same page as Mike g., and, co and me. But being on the same page as wes kinda stinks tho.....hes to full to be on top 10.

jk but seriosly i hate you wes.
i also hate zach.you not god, your just full.
jk

PS. props to chadd, blake, Alpha, bobby, EAST HEAVEN (tong) , Mog 112, mike c, and chadd.<----4 real you own dude. :)

Gerbil

Smash Champion

That's yours. I see dozens like it a day lol so I completely ignore it. 0.o

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Talking about top 10? Merc got bumped down. If your talking about everything including the potential's list... then yes a few people were completely removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom