• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Is XIF officially GA now?

I think he's been to two GA tournies (Nana games and G4S4) since relocating that is. Does he qualify?

And what about Juan? Isn't he leaving soon?

Prac352

Smash Lord
i've been to more GA tournaments recently than you have.
I wasn't trying to imply anything. I was just curious as to what state you claim.

That's a pretty impressive claim though. I've been to most all tournaments within four hours of me.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
except apparently tournaments hosted by pbj and full metal <_<;

but w/e, i was just making a point =)

i make it to all the tournaments.
I'm pretty sure Columbus has made every single tournament in GA except a total of 5 within the past YEAR. I would know, since I made every one of them and only was starting to unable making tournaments back in June, and we've been around since Nov '05.

But Keith makes a good point XIF. We do need to know what state you claim. Because this is similar to the situation we had with Reflex last year. He had a choice to choose between Mid-South and GA considering he lives 5 minutes from Columbus, and he is part of CDE. In the end he chose Mid-South, so we exclude him from our options, otherwise he'd pretty much have a guerenteed spot. The same situation pretty much applies to you too.

As for Juan, I'll have to talk to the others about it.

And anyways, this is more than likely the last list before Brawl. So I hope it doesn't really matter to you guys too much, cause seriously; noone will really care about Melee in 3 short months lol. (Don't quote me on that, things change)

eastheaven

Smash Ace
CPK you know you want to drive to ATL to pick up elliot and Jeff and I
we will bring vault and spk

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Hahaha. It's a bit odd that none of you can drive. Is XIF staying at Tech? You could ride with him.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
if anyone wants a ride to sleepy's house this weekend, you can show up at tech saturday morning we'll say 10-11ish and i can take you from there.

max of 4 people in my car though, excluding me.

you bring up an interesting proposition though, choosing between one state and the other.

Personally, I think it'd be interesting to have me on both Florida and Georgia power rankings. It'd be a nice way to make some comparisons on a state level (probably not entire accurate but interesting none-the-less.

If I had to choose???

I certainly, and dont take this the wrong way, like florida better as far as tournaments is concerned. Georgia simply doesnt have the competitiveness that florida has. Florida players are just ridiculous steadfast when it comes to improving their game. Georgia it almost seems like everyone puts up a brick wall in front of them, and then begin to make excuses about how bad they are, instead of simply stepping their game up. Not necessarily johning about how they really are better, but rather, how they could be better but just cant. Which is a john.

from that standpoint, i'd much rather be considered Florida, its simply a better place for tournaments.

On the otherhand, the only times i'm going to be in florida will be during vacations, and if i'm lucky i'll squeeze in a tournament. over the summer i'll maybe be in florida if i'm not interning or studying abroad, but even then i'll probably be going to tournaments that are OOS, neither florida nor georgia. So the majority of my tournament will be purely georgia tournament. Already since i've been here not only have I made it to every tournament (starting from the beginning of august) but almost every smashfest as well.

So how can I consider myself a florida smasher if all go to are georgia tournaments? and saying it in a different way, how could I deny georgia if I go to all their tournaments?

So Georgia PR's are the way to go i suppose.

My original point remains though, i've made it a point to attend all the tournaments around here, i even made it to columbus from alpharetta. Being busy or whatever isnt a really good excuse gerbil because i'm starting college and the amount of work between classes, first round of tests, tuition, getting scholarship, housing, etc. is tremendous. I'd even go as far to say i'm pretty sure in the future i'll be making it to more tournaments.

Prac352

Smash Lord
if anyone wants a ride to sleepy's house this weekend, you can show up at tech saturday morning we'll say 10-11ish and i can take you from there.

you bring up an interesting proposition though, choosing between one state and the other.

Personally, I think it'd be interesting to have me on both Florida and Georgia power rankings. It'd be a nice way to make some comparisons on a state level (probably not entire accurate but interesting none-the-less.

If I had to choose???

I certainly, and dont take this the wrong way, like florida better as far as tournaments is concerned. Georgia simply doesnt have the competitiveness that florida has. Florida players are just ridiculous steadfast when it comes to improving their game. Georgia it almost seems like everyone puts up a brick wall in front of them, and then begin to make excuses about how bad they are, instead of simply stepping their game up. Not necessarily johning about how they really are better, but rather, how they could be better but just cant. Which is a john.

from that standpoint, i'd much rather be considered Florida, its simply a better place for tournaments.

On the otherhand, the only times i'm going to be in florida will be during vacations, and if i'm lucky i'll squeeze in a tournament. over the summer i'll maybe be in florida if i'm not interning or studying abroad, but even then i'll probably be going to tournaments that are OOS, neither florida nor georgia. So the majority of my tournament will be purely georgia tournament. Already since i've been here not only have I made it to every tournament (starting from the beginning of august) but almost every smashfest as well.

So how can I consider myself a florida smasher if all go to are georgia tournaments? and saying it in a different way, how could I deny georgia if I go to all their tournaments?

My original point remains though, i've made it a point to attend all the tournaments around here, i even made it to columbus from alpharetta. Being busy or whatever isnt a really good excuse gerbil because i'm starting college and the amount of work between classes, first round of tests, tuition, getting scholarship, housing, etc. is tremendous. I'd even go as far to say i'm pretty sure in the future i'll be making it to more tournaments.
That's a pretty well thought out post. The only thing I don't agree with is the generalization that GA just johns around everything. Sure, some of GA does, but some of us are stepping up our game and we are trying. And some of us are pretty good, like chaddd, Wes, 112, Carter, Alpha, and Dogy.

All in all, Welcome to GA. It'll be great seeing more of you.

SleepyK

Yeah, Xif. We go to tourneys to get better AND have fun, not just compete.

GA Peach

Smash Lord

If I had to choose???

i'm taking up your front seat. nuff said

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Sour Patch Elliot has got somewhere to be at 1PM, and if I'm leaving in XIF's car which supposed to be leaving around 10-11, Elliot needs to find another way over after his event @ 1.

SleepyK

awww, Elliot Sour patch awesomeness.
Elliot, Team DK + Ganon = really good teams.
Ask Bum and Dire.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
so i gots me's a tong, a roomie, and a...

MAAARRTTYYYY!!!

prac: what i'm saying about georgia in general is well... you think you're stepping your game up, but it isnt going much anywhere. Its not that i'm saying that you're all a bunch of scrubs that dont try. What I am saying is that with the exception of chaddd and gawes, no one else has really gotten themselves to that next level (carter and 112 still own but they dont play enough those scrubs =P). getting better at this game is a series of mental blocks that you must overcome. Everyone in GA is certainly trying and smashing and training, but not alot of people have really gotten over that next mental block.

Prac352

Smash Lord
prac: what i'm saying about georgia in general is well... you think you're stepping your game up, but it isnt going much anywhere. Its not that i'm saying that you're all a bunch of scrubs that dont try. What I am saying is that with the exception of chaddd and gawes, no one else has really gotten themselves to that next level (carter and 112 still own but they dont play enough those scrubs =P). getting better at this game is a series of mental blocks that you must overcome. Everyone in GA is certainly trying and smashing and training, but not alot of people have really gotten over that next mental block.
I'm not saying we're all pro. I'm saying we're improving. Whether or not you've personally seen any improvement doesn't mean a whole lot. I've seen loads of improvement in my game and in a few other smashers' games. We do what we can. But we really don't have a lot of competition. There's a significant skill gap on the PR after the first few people. While I agree with you in that GA is a little behind, I really don't think it's fair the way you seem to disregard smashers that you don't play very often.

I know I get better with every tournament. It may not be evident in the brackets, but I honestly believe I've learned something from every tournament I've been to.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i understand that everyone in GA is getting better, prac, and is trying very hard, but i understand also where XIF is coming from. I don't even play much anymore, and i can still beat mostly everyone in GA who plays, with a few exceptions. a lot of GA players, when they have to face certain players, clam up and instantly think they're gonna lose. but, we've had this discussion before, so i think we can all move on. can't wait for the tourney!!

eastheaven

Smash Ace
i personally think i'm bound to win vs everyone
that king character doesn't do anything special that i don't, what a cat

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
i understand what xif is saying..most of us always think we are going to lose right away because u gotten so n so in brackets,me i just try my best..i never go in any match anymore thinking im going to lose and when u start thinking ur going to lose to the person you are playing just forfeit your not going to win..and that is the mental block us ga smashers need to get over...this is pb&j by the way sorry for the confusion

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Real Talk

Last week, nick@nite decided to show a week long marathon of Home Improvement, hosted by Tim Allen. And now, They're giving Home Improvement aaaaaaall the time. So I've decided to go to Tim Allen's house and sodomize with a power drill.

That is all

-Chad-

Slackerator
i understand what xif is saying..most of us always think we are going to lose right away because u gotten so n so in brackets,me i just try my best..i never go in any match anymore thinking im going to lose and when u start thinking ur going to lose to the person you are playing just forfeit your not going to win..and that is the mental block us ga smashers need to get over...this is pb&j by the way sorry for the confusion
That's kinda funny cause when I faced Chaddd in brackets he was all like "yeah I'm probably gonna lose this" and then he destroyed me. Mindgames or what? :laugh:

Laijin

Smash Hero
Inspirational advice from Laijin:
I did'nt beat Mike G by going into the match thinking I was gonna lose. Instead, I just thought about how I should win. I knew he was really annoyed by the match up, so I used that against him.
Pretty much. You will never win a match unless you have mentally prepared yourself before hand to deal with any situation...
And i'm gonna stop right there. Since i'm starting to get smash mixed up with pre-wrestling match thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom