• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
request to make characters whose taunts are uncancellable cancellable
Characters without taunt cancels exist because the sound in their taunt is triggered anywhere else but the start of the taunt. I'm not sure if changing when a taunt plays a sound is even possible through cheat codes/modding.

Annex

Smash Ace
request to make samus able to fire her charge shot during her taunt so she can finally star kill and be viable in the elite scoring system

TheRealMax77

Smash Rookie
This is what I notice playing the 19XX version on my wii for the last few days and I will be comparing it to the smash64 wad version on the wii(reason for playing on the wii is that my adapters and n64 controllers are back at my parents and I'm away from home in college). Just to clear things I have played the both versions on the same tv and wii, so we can take that factor out of the equation.
OK so first thing I notice is that grabs now are in the :GCRT: instead of the :GCZ: and every time I was about to grab I just taunted, this was funny at first but bad at that crucial moment that you need it that grab.
Second thing is I can no longer spam grabs, if I hold shield and press A I could spam the grab, this does not work on the 19XX version. It looks like you can't grab from shield.
The moment for a successful L-cancel seems to be a little sooner compared to the original wad version.
Also I don't know if is just me but Falcon's up B dose not allow me to influence it trajectory. Cant seem to explain myself well but even if I hold forward after the up B I don't feel that help in moving a little forward.
Other than those problems 19XX does exactly what is says you can play in the various stages and jumps directly to character select with the tournament rules. The time is a big plus in my opinion.

Have anybody experience this problems and can they be fix, especially the L-cancel thing and the grab out of shield. It is fun to play in the different stages but this problems dose not make it too enjoyable when my friends and me get competitive in the game.

Shears

Smash Master
This is what I notice playing the 19XX version on my wii for the last few days and I will be comparing it to the smash64 wad version on the wii(reason for playing on the wii is that my adapters and n64 controllers are back at my parents and I'm away from home in college). Just to clear things I have played the both versions on the same tv and wii, so we can take that factor out of the equation.
OK so first thing I notice is that grabs now are in the :GCRT: instead of the :GCZ: and every time I was about to grab I just taunted, this was funny at first but bad at that crucial moment that you need it that grab.
Second thing is I can no longer spam grabs, if I hold shield and press A I could spam the grab, this does not work on the 19XX version. It looks like you can't grab from shield.
The moment for a successful L-cancel seems to be a little sooner compared to the original wad version.
Also I don't know if is just me but Falcon's up B dose not allow me to influence it trajectory. Cant seem to explain myself well but even if I hold forward after the up B I don't feel that help in moving a little forward.
Other than those problems 19XX does exactly what is says you can play in the various stages and jumps directly to character select with the tournament rules. The time is a big plus in my opinion.

Have anybody experience this problems and can they be fix, especially the L-cancel thing and the grab out of shield. It is fun to play in the different stages but this problems dose not make it too enjoyable when my friends and me get competitive in the game.
Just play on emulator or console. Take your wii, pick it up, and throw it on the ground and smash it into millions of pieces. Wear closed toed shoes as you may need to stomp on the wii to successfully smash it into millions of pieces. Enjoy!

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
Just play on emulator or console. Take your wii, pick it up, and throw it on the ground and smash it into millions of pieces. Wear closed toed shoes as you may need to stomp on the wii to successfully smash it into millions of pieces. Enjoy!
DAE 64 master race?

TheRealMax77

Smash Rookie
Right know I don't have my adapter on me, so I will probably wait for the opportunity to go back and get it so my friends and me can play it on my laptop. Not gonna spend money on an everdrive to play this.

Kart8Smash4

Smash Rookie
I injected into sin and punishment, and it loaded, but it froze when I tried to start a match.

Kenryu14

Smash Cadet
when I load the rom using project 64 it crashes when I select the modded stages. How do I fix this? ;_;

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yo u should make planet zebes legal by removing the top platform, right moving platform and the acid and replace random safron and mush kingdom with the 3 special stages

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Here's an image I created to represent where each stage is located on the stage select in 19XXTE. Please let me know if I made any mistakes.

Humula

Smash Rookie
Wow this is a great mod! Enjoying finally being able to play against friends on battlefield and final destination.
Would there be any way to add in an options toggle to turn on/off tap jump?
I've gotten too used to not having it on from Smash 4...

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
Wow this is a great mod! Enjoying finally being able to play against friends on battlefield and final destination.
Would there be any way to add in an options toggle to turn on/off tap jump?
I've gotten too used to not having it on from Smash 4...
That wouldn't be a good idea. Stick jumping is very important in 64 because it allows for a variety of jump heights.

Viapiano

Smash Rookie
Can I play this on the Wii64 homebrew app for wii? I'm having trouble running it.
I've downloaded the file, droped the .N64 file into the 19XXTE Patcher Folder and double click the .bat file
when I name the file nothing happens?

Can someone please explain how to patch or edit my rom please, so it works on wii64?

Thanks in advance!

:025:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Can I play this on the Wii64 homebrew app for wii? I'm having trouble running it.
I've downloaded the file, droped the .N64 file into the 19XXTE Patcher Folder and double click the .bat file

Can someone please explain how to patch or edit my rom please, so it works on wii64?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same issue.

themanthemaster

Smash Rookie

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same issue.
I run this on a homebrew emulator called Not64, but I know for a fact that this works on Wii64.

This is simple stuff. Place your Smash 64 rom in the 19XXTE Patcher v2 folder. Double click on 19XXTE Patcher v2.bat, ity will ask you to type the name of the rom in. I think the problem you are having is that you're not using two periods. Type "Super Smash Bros..z64" or whatever it's name is. Typing "Super Smash Bros.z64" won't work unless the rom does not have a period after "Bros". Press enter twice and you'll have a widescreen rom and a standard rom, as well as your original rom remaining untampered.

Do I need PJ64 to do this?
If you like. Any N64 emulator will play this.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
We will be using this at Xanadu this Monday. All our streamed matches will be played on the GS stages and players will be able to counterpick any of them. This is mostly a test of the stages in competitive environments and to add something new and interesting to our routine tournaments. We played it a little at the bar last night and had some fun, although theres some strange things with these stages that will take some getting used to.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to see the matches on monday! Do you guys want a fix to the spawn points on FD before then?

Dark Horse

Smash Cadet
the spawn points are irrelevant. we can just move to neutral positions at the start. no biggie.

what would be nice to see:

someone make DL without wind or top plat
make the BF stage ledge di-able
increase size of blast zones on 1p yoshis

$$$ Jim $$$

Smash Cadet
We will be using this at Xanadu this Monday. All our streamed matches will be played on the GS stages and players will be able to counterpick any of them. This is mostly a test of the stages in competitive environments and to add something new and interesting to our routine tournaments. We played it a little at the bar last night and had some fun, although theres some strange things with these stages that will take some getting used to.
are you doing stage bans?

GolfClubNinja

Smash Rookie
I don't know if someone already asked this, but what defines a legally acquired ROM? and if i have to get the ROM from my own game, how would one go about doing this, as i don't know how the memory and data system works for the 64.

Shears

Smash Master
I don't know if someone already asked this, but what defines a legally acquired ROM? and if i have to get the ROM from my own game, how would one go about doing this, as i don't know how the memory and data system works for the 64.
Nintendo probably isn't going to go after anyone "illegally" getting copies of very old roms since they aren't making any money off them and the cost to go after it probably isn't worth it. So downloading roms like NES are incredibly unlikely to be prosecuted unlike Wii roms because Nintendo doesn't sell or profit off them anymore. With 64 roms, it has a higher chance of prosecution thanks to virtual console sales but still is very unlikely. Because of this, I wouldn't worry too much with "illegally" obtaining the rom. Since you asked though, if you own the physical copy of the game you are free to own a digital rom copy of the game (I think) as long as you are not distributing it. If you were to extract the game data from the cartridge and put it on your computer to use, it would not be illegal but there may be a legal gray area with getting a rom copy that isn't from your physical game. However, since Nintendo has no way to know what physical game the rom copy came from, if you were to download any rom copy of the game, there would be no way to know you didn't extract it from your own physical copy and therefore clear you of any rom possession concerns.

Basically, if you own the game, you can own the rom without any legal ramifications. If you don't own the game and own the rom, there is an incredibly small and rare chance something could happen so you're probably still safe.

Last edited:

WarmSmells

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3024-7331-3341
So when i started playing with my friend online, I noticed how absolutely massive the blastzones are in comparison with the stages on cavern/fd. Has anybody done any modification of blastzone locations? I think it'd be pretty cool to see metal cavern be similar to brawl yoshi's story.

someone make DL without wind or top plat
Pokemon stadium hype? :^)

Last edited:

Dark Horse

Smash Cadet
that massive blast zones shouldn't matter too much. sure some characters can make it back, but getting back from that far away severely limits their options. They would get edgeguarded relatively easily, except for LD

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Glad to see this project is getting attention! I guess that means I need to start working on it again

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure that we should be messing around with blastzones this early into the 19XX meta, personally--unless they're stage-breaking in some way. Is that for some reason the case with SYI?

I finished the easy half of the use polygons/metal mario/giant DK code today. Instead of crashing at the results screen, your character is reverted to the non-crashing version:

Now, for the hard half: letting you switch your character to the polygon, metal, or giant variant. Did anyone else know that R and L moved you right and left on the stage select screen? Why does anyone need 4 different ways to input left or right? Thanks sakurai.
Is there any update on the progress of this specific detail? And perhaps it would be good to give the polygon fighters the generic blue blob for a stock counter? [as a long-term thing, as I assume that, in fact, they aren't programmed to have "stocks" at all, and so this would be quite difficult to implement]

And, should there be a solution that allows two versions of the stage to be usable within the mod [perhaps through the same solution that will hopefully come about for MMario, GDonkey, and the Polygons] will we be able to remove the hazards completely [wind, tornado, acid, POW block, piranhas, arwings, and Pokémon] or, otherwise, would it be possible to minimize the damage and knockback they do by messing with their associated values?

tehz

Smash Apprentice
For Cloudless Yoshi's Island, the blastzones are so close that the characters don't even go into the bubble/magnifying glass before being KO'd. I'd love to increase the side blastzones and remove the top platform, but that's not feasible right now anyways.

I kinda stopped thinking about the code for a while (since I didn't pay much attention to smash for a while), but I've started working on it in the past week. It really shouldn't be too hard to write, but I'm lazy and easily distracted by new ideas. Since I know someone's paying attention, maybe I'll stay focused now.

I agree, the polygons' stock icon needs to be fixed, but yeah, I can see that simple-sounding fix leading down into a deep rabbit hole.

For stage hazards, yeah it might be possible, but I feel that in order to have an elegant code, we'd probably want to know more about how the stages are structured in code. And once we start figuring that out, there's a lot more interesting stuff you could do. (Though you might be able to end up with a stage hazard toggle....)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'm not sure that we should be messing around with blastzones this early into the 19XX meta, personally--unless they're stage-breaking in some way. Is that for some reason the case with SYI?
Are you under the impression that I messed with the blastzones? That's not the case. I'm only loading different stages.

And, should there be a solution that allows two versions of the stage to be usable within the mod [perhaps through the same solution that will hopefully come about for MMario, GDonkey, and the Polygons] will we be able to remove the hazards completely [wind, tornado, acid, POW block, piranhas, arwings, and Pokémon] or, otherwise, would it be possible to minimize the damage and knockback they do by messing with their associated values?
I'm not going to change any stage that's already legal as this could lead to a division in the community. Instead, I add features that don't interfere with the game being tournament ready.

Dark Horse

Smash Cadet
removing top plat from dreamland would just make one new stage. could be cool

bigger blast zones on yoshi's would make it much better also

Last edited:
Top Bottom