• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update is out! Lets figure out what got nerfed/buffed

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
KO Punch always takes a step forward during any animation state, midair or otherwise. No more turnaround wind whiffs and aerial buffering needed.
KO Punch now kills everyone 2% earlier
Jolt Haymaker hitbox arc change/increased KB
Dash attack travels less distance

Following moves have less knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Full FSmash 45% (from 40%)
Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Following moves have more knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Rising Smash 38% (from 42%)
KO Punch 14% (from 16%) [well KOP in general kills 2% earlier now]
Full Stun Lunge 78% (from 80%)

Unconfirmed:
Dsmash sends opponents at a higher angle
I want to say that nair has better trapping qualities but I figure its now the new CPU AI not being godlike

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
From what a friend of mine told me:
F-Tilt does 12% instead of 10%
Jolt Haymaker does 14% intead of 12%
KO Punch does 35% instead of 30%
2nd Jump goes a little bit higher

I plan to test this out myself, but knowing him it's most likely correct.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
From what a friend of mine told me:
F-Tilt does 12% instead of 10%
Jolt Haymaker does 14% intead of 12%
KO Punch does 35% instead of 30%
2nd Jump goes a little bit higher

I plan to test this out myself, but knowing him it's most likely correct.

all the %s were always like that. maybe he knew them from the old 3DS version? idk all damage %s seem fine except downfsmash.
i also heard that the 2nd jump was higher but i dont think so

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
all the %s were always like that. maybe he knew them from the old 3DS version? idk all damage %s seem fine except downfsmash.
his double jump has like a new particle animation thingy where the the puff of air he jumps off of looks different now

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
his dash attack seems different to me.

then again its 3am here so maybe im just foolin myself

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Ah, that makes sense. He probably did mistake that then ><.
I don't think his jump changed. I still can't make it onto Kongo jungle platforms or duck hunt. Even if it was increased just barely, it sounds have been enough to make it.

Edit: there are sparkles when I connect my dash attack... What? Also it does seem a little different, like it ends faster?

Edit Edit: not sparkles. The cpu is charizard and his flame particles looked like sparkles -.- I've been up since 3 and have a migraine, shush.

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Little Mac's side smash and up smash KO around 5~7% sooner. Looks like the scaling knock back has been increased.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
you also can B-throw or Dash attack or Fsmash or Ftilt to Run-> Jump Cancel K.O Punch at 20-40% depending if your opponent misses a tech, it connects well after 2 Dash Attacks at low percent, like a gatling Combo semi-0 death on Light chars (Not heavies), more sexy stuff to test out and upload soon! 8^D :0

EDIT: Also A+B button pressed simultaneously equals SMash attack now, from here pivot smashes are Cake to do, Run pass an Opponent, tilt Stick towards opponent --> A+B pressed together. Angle down for Shield breaks! START USING PIVOT SMASHES NOW!

Also, Replays and stuff can be sent so if you have sexy Replays of Mac and want me to upload vids, I will, Also someone should do a Mac Montage of all the Macs :O

Last edited:

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
you also can B-throw or Dash attack or Fsmash or Ftilt to Run-> Jump Cancel K.O Punch at 20-40% depending if your opponent misses a tech, it connects well after 2 Dash Attacks at low percent, like a gatling Combo semi-0 death on Light chars (Not heavies), more sexy stuff to test out and upload soon! 8^D :0

EDIT: Also A+B button pressed simultaneously equals SMash attack now, from here pivot smashes are Cake to do, Run pass an Opponent, tilt Stick towards opponent --> A+B pressed together. Angle down for Shield breaks! START USING PIVOT SMASHES NOW!

Also, Replays and stuff can be sent so if you have sexy Replays of Mac and want me to upload vids, I will, Also someone should do a Mac Montage of all the Macs :O
yeah i noticed that pivot smash thing! it's going to be way more consistent now. the timing/execution used to be so strict, now it doesn't matter whether you're late with the A+B or not.

also, i mentioned in the other thread i think we got some tiny nerfs (1%) to dair and dtilted fsmash. that said, it may be placebo, but i think the dtilted fsmash hurts shields more than before, whether or not it's charged.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
dude you gotta show us the timing on this. so this means you dont need to do dair or nair before the KO punch no more????????
yea bro.

-KOP always takes a step now. can be done in air without any buffering. now we can do SHADKOPs. (short hop air dodge KO punches). turnaround KOPs will now always connect

jump cancelling always seems to give more distance on attacks, pretty cool for KOP.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yeaaaa!! Who would have guessed "More range on KO Punch".

This is probably one of the biggest buffs from the whole update.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
some moves got nerfed/buffed or the rage scaling for them did

little mac 150% rage kill percentages. just for reference

these were all tested on bowser in the middle of FD unless stated otherwise.

Power Uppercut (regular upb) 85%

Straight Lunge Uncharged (ledge) 70%

Rising Smash (custom up b 3) 42%

Fsmash 75%

usmash 75%

u fsmash 80%

full SL 37

full fsmash 40

full usmash 40

ko punch 14

bthrow (ledge) 115

ko punch on jiggz 7%

stun lunge 80%

fire straight 125%
New data!

Nerfs

Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Buffs

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
playing around with the jump canceled KO punch (im going to call it JCKOP cuz that takes too long to type) on fg and i _really_ think we shouldn't advertise it too much. :) it's too amazing -- they might patch it out.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
playing around with the jump canceled KO punch (im going to call it JCKOP cuz that takes too long to type) on fg and i _really_ think we shouldn't advertise it too much. :) it's too amazing -- they might patch it out.
What's the difference between normal punch and jump cancelled one? Wouldn't it nerf the move because the aerial version sucks?

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
What's the difference between normal punch and jump cancelled one? Wouldn't it nerf the move because the aerial version sucks?
you're not actually jumping though. it just cancels your dash so you can execute the grounded KO punch (with more range) out of a dash.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
i might take vid down in that case lolol
ha! i was thinking the same thing. they buffed the KOP kill %s and i dont think they meant to buff the range by that much!

either the way next balance update will probably be after lucas.

all in all, i think this was a pretty good patch for Mac. Unlike the first one

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Made Video Private, cant risk it, theres another clone video but its not listed or tagged so it wont come up in search but its on my page entitled "My Edited Video"

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
his dsmash seems like it sends opponents at a higher angle now

I feel like the jolt haymaker got increased kB
dude that was like the first thing i noticed. couldnt exactly pinpoint it though

Last edited:

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
i was hoping the jolt hay-maker got less landing lag and that they improved his straight lunge but meh...at least they didn't nerf him to the ground lol

Bleezyy

Smash Cadet
Omg the ko punch buff is so good. I honestly think they might change it back lol

Shh don't tell :lol:

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Made Video Private, cant risk it, theres another clone video but its not listed or tagged so it wont come up in search but its on my page entitled "My Edited Video"
haha my initial impression was that they were definitely going to take it out next patch because it is the best move in the game right now, but as long as we're smart about not abusing it foolishly and telling every little mac on fg to use it, i doubt it will be patched. they did not patch DK's kong cyclone and that's being abused in every customs tourney i watch.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
i might take vid down in that case lolol
I am so worried about it becoming too well known x.x. Don't want another repeat of game release Mac boards... That was a nightmare.
some moves got nerfed/buffed or the rage scaling for them did

New data!

Nerfs

Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Buffs

I'm confused. Are these damage or kill %'s? My first thought was damage %'s, but that didn't really make sense...

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I feel like the jolt haymaker got increased kB
I am so worried about it becoming too well known x.x. Don't want another repeat of game release Mac boards... That was a nightmare.

I'm confused. Are these damage or kill %'s? My first thought was damage %'s, but that didn't really make sense...
the damage is the same but the knockback is different hence the kill %s. theyre just there for reference as i dont know the actual KB values or anything
I say we nickname the SHADKOP "Gazelle Punch" in honor of Hajime no Ippo.

Agreed?
ahah we should just name all our combos/moves based on real life moves for fun.

down angled forward smash - Liver Shot
up angled forward smash - Rabbit Punch
dtilt to KOP - Cheap Shot (its like a nut punch then an uppercut lol)

Rignite

Smash Rookie
I just give everything titles from Hajime no Ipoo ^_^

I feel like Gazelle Punch is fitting since it's specifically Ippo's KO with the added ability of quick far movement.

Dash attack -> Dash attack still works on most characters but it does feel like its initial hit box is smaller.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
frame data hasn't changed though? it'd be nice if we could act quicker after committing.

even if the dash attack doesn't go as far, i think the dash attack>dash attack string still works.
oh yea the string works in fact it seems to work on more of the cast now due to the smaller distance. dtilt > da is easier to connect. though da > boost grab is not a thing anymore

Official change list as of now:

KO Punch always takes a step forward during any animation state, midair or otherwise. No more turnaround wind whiffs and aerial buffering needed.
KO Punch now kills everyone 2% earlier
Dsmash sends opponents at a higher angle
Dash attack travels less distance

Following moves have less knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Following moves have more knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active

Unconfirmed:
Jolt Haymaker hitbox comes out quicker/increased KB?
I want to say that nair has better trapping qualities but I figure its now the new CPU AI not being godlike.

Rignite

Smash Rookie
It feels like all multi hits were buffed.

Mac's regular Up Special feels like it pulls enemies inwards way better, I wouldn't be surprised if Nair does the same now.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
the damage is the same but the knockback is different hence the kill %s. theyre just there for reference as i dont know the actual KB values or anything

ahah we should just name all our combos/moves based on real life moves for fun.

down angled forward smash - Liver Shot
up angled forward smash - Rabbit Punch
dtilt to KOP - Cheap Shot (its like a nut punch then an uppercut lol)
That makes sense. Thanks for clearing the confusion xD.

Related/kind of unrelated I call his multijab beat boxing >.>dont ask.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Sample of the Jump Cancel K.O punch on last stock of Mewtwo being combo'd into

Also Mewtwos Damage went from 11% to 20% from dash attack and Went to 57% after K.O so im guessing K.O is 37%?

Last edited:
Top Bottom