• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update is out! Lets figure out what got nerfed/buffed

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Can someone confirm this but it seems like macs rapid jab can't be blocked anymore by characters that are close to the ground while being hit.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe it's just a placebo-type reaction, but it feels like Mac's recovery is better. Is there any frame data to support this or is it just in my head?

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Maybe it's just a placebo-type reaction, but it feels like Mac's recovery is better. Is there any frame data to support this or is it just in my head?
his side b is different but not better as a recovery.

overall his recovery is the same.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
his side b is different but not better as a recovery.

overall his recovery is the same.
I know his Up B doesn't snap the ledge, but it feels like he can grab it from further away than before. I guess it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but he seems more viable to me after this patch for some reason.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
I know his Up B doesn't snap the ledge, but it feels like he can grab it from further away than before. I guess it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but he seems more viable to me after this patch for some reason.
i was thinking something like this as well -- as if mac's ledge snap was extended a little bit. but i don't think there's really a good way to test this and in the end, it may just be because he has a slightly higher 2nd jump (was this confirmed?) that he is able to recover a little better.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
i was thinking something like this as well -- as if mac's ledge snap was extended a little bit. but i don't think there's really a good way to test this and in the end, it may just be because he has a slightly higher 2nd jump (was this confirmed?) that he is able to recover a little better.
The best way to test it would be having two 3DSs, one on 1.0.6 and one on an earlier version, and see how far he can snap to the ledge from in both versions and see if it is different.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That seems like such an arbitrary thing to "fix." I've played a good bit since the patch came out; I'm not noticing any boost to his recovery.

Top Bottom