• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE: ACT smash tourney CANCELLED due to un-Paralleled amounts of fail!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah that's right, despite all the organizing, luck was against me.

I can use St James as a venue but some woman's group had decided to use it at last minute and they had priority.

So I'm very sorry to everyone, I know you were all looking forward to this, but the good new's is that I can re-organize it at a later date, so we can all look forward to that.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is Sunday confirmed or is Saturday a possibility?

Also, any idea how big this will be?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well its already booked and organized for Sunday.

as for attendance, I really have no idea at this stage, I can guarantee at least 10 people so far,
plus any out of stater's that come.
and I'm also gonna advertise it in my local game stores to find some more Canberra players.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
luke atyeo for Prime Minister!
Get Kevin Rudd down to this shiznet.

You should see the videos of Rudd Auto-Cancelling John Howard's IR Laws.
The n00b didn't even di the hit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Depending on my exam time table I'd love to come down. Let's hope someone can drive a constituent of us or the train or similar there won't cost an arm and a lag.

That date also happens to be very shortly after I turn 19 Ughh getting old.

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Finally, a chance to get my butt kicked by people that are actually good at the game.

So.. Where will it be held?

roxas55

Smash Rookie
any idea where this is gonna be held? at a school? a mall?
Is there gonna be an entry fee?
This is gonna be AWESOMEE!!!!!
:D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its still being organized but I've booked a room at the Canberra business park in downer (next to Dickson) if anyone needs lift or whatever I'll organize it closer to the date, and it'll be $10 entry fee.

roxas55

Smash Rookie
yeah the date is kinda difficult for me too, Just coming back from a trip a day before... =\
BUT ILL MAKE IT THERE, SOMEHOW, I HAVE TO!!!!

i just got my dad to figure it out...its on a sunday. $10 is not that much but will thier be prize money? IS it no items? Is spaming not allowed? More info would be great.

Oh and i will probably be the only one without brawl experience :laugh:

Marth & Kirby > Sonic & Mr Game and *****

Dats right David!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well I'll update the full details when I get a chance to sit down and write it out but yes there will be prize money, and proper tourney rules (no items etc...) not sure what you mean by spamming.
it'll be held at the Canberra business park in downer (next to Dickson)

Spamming=Pits arrow continously. Snakes grenades constantly etc etc. Me and my friend when ever we play we make it max 3 projectiles then have to melee attack then can do another 3 projectiles.

Of course you couldnt "ban" someone for doing it so maybe a free hit or 10%

Oh and you and whoever organized this is my hero (well not really). But im glad someone (hopefully 18 or older) put in the effort to organize this ill most likely go (put me down as half confirmed).

Is it possible to go with random people in doubles? I have a partner but if he cant come...

And will there be a limit on the same characters...it will be lame with 20 metaknights and snakes.

Im quite nervous...im in no way bad but anyone who knows about this tourney will probably be really good like OlimarFan (hahahahaha yes i finally have a chance...i mean...im disappointed that Olimar Fan couldnt make it).

Sorry if that was a bit random

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Spamming=Pits arrow continously. Snakes grenades constantly etc etc. Me and my friend when ever we play we make it max 3 projectiles then have to melee attack then can do another 3 projectiles.

Of course you couldnt "ban" someone for doing it so maybe a free hit or 10%
There will be no such rule.

And will there be a limit on the same characters...it will be lame with 20 metaknights and snakes.
Of couse not.

Well... I'm not running the tourney, but I'm very sure this is how it'll be.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Oh and you and whoever organized this is my hero (well not really). But im glad someone (hopefully 18 or older) put in the effort to organize this ill most likely go (put me down as half confirmed).

Is it possible to go with random people in doubles? I have a partner but if he cant come...

Im quite nervous...im in no way bad but anyone who knows about this tourney will probably be really good like OlimarFan (hahahahaha yes i finally have a chance...i mean...im disappointed that Olimar Fan couldnt make it).

Sorry if that was a bit random
lololol...All the best of luck to you. The departure of Miles and Connor have given me a sure short at the Academic Award, so I'm going to go for it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are barely 20 meta knight/snake mains in Australia let alone those who are viable to attend.

If I go I'll most likely use Meta Knight though, gotta love a character who doesn't have anything singular to ban like D3's chainthrow and is still at the TOP of top tier.

No deep offence to you Kirby, but if you can't get past projectile spam you really need to improve. Projectile spam only works on Wifi, or in some specific match ups (lulz Lasers against Ganondorf). Especially since arrows/grenades which can be swatted away/power shielded.

Its no that i cant get past them its just that it doesnt make the game fun...whcih is the whole point im going to this thing.

LOL Good on ya Aaron

roxas55

Smash Rookie
Confirming my presence!
and is Grabbing someone then tech chasing to a second grab etc etc
counted as illegal?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok roxas if you mean like throwing them on the ground and then anticipating that they'll roll a certain direction and grabbing them out of the roll, then yes that's fine because its avoidable.

anyways, just letting you guys know that the venue I was planning to use decided to be gay and cancel on me, I have a backup that I'm organizing, I'll know by Friday at the latest. anyways this will mean that the tourney will either be a day earlier (25th sat) or a week later. Sorry for any inconvenience.
If this affect's any out of staters (accommodation or whatever) let me know and we'll sort something out.

they can take away my venues, but they'll never break my spirit.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just a quick update, its looking good they say I'll have a final answer by the weekend so I'll just post the info on the front page and hope it go's through. I'm known at the place so it should be alright.

again sorry for last minute changes, anyone that tell's you organizing tourney's is lying.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, sure, just like how boost one narrowly avoided being the victim of paranoid security lockdown.
but yeah, I'm sure it'll work out fine.

looking forward to that tier tourney on sun, gonna be epic.

Top Bottom