• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Kinda bummed about replays, wanted to keep my Ganondorf in Home Run Contest replay.
Though I am interested in what the balancing is and how much it will affect what we already know about the game.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
Might be the only one that doesn't think Rosalina should be nerfed at all, but if she had to be nerfed I'd say Luma respawn timer,
This is the only nerf i would like to see.

And some buffs to many characters.

Whats to be nerfed about lucario?

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I swear to god if sheik gets nerfed due to all the scrubs complaining about her i'm foing to rage quit. sakurai already ruined marth and falco for me as is and i can't tolerate getting another character i actually enjoy immensely trashed again
I doubt Sheik will get nerfed, actually. Sheik can rack up % really well, but struggles to kill against savvy opponents. Well played Ness might even be a bad matchup for her. Sakurai does seem loathe to make balance changes without urgency being there, and Sheik might be good, but not unbeatable.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I don't even care what the changes are. I just want confirmation of balance changes, even if that means my characters become terrible.

Realistically, though, it's probably nerfs to Mac, because he always wins Conquest when he's in.

Last edited:

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
Everybody asking for buffs, nerfs and fixes, while I'm just waiting to see Pitto and Lucina getting more unique attributes( Please developers, if possible), I mean, cant they at least make Pitto a faster counterpart or something?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I'm almost 100% positive that the only changes will be glitches being fixed. Of course, this will break any replays where the glitches were used.

Last edited:

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
Honestly, i don't care what kind of changes they do, as long as they arn't unnecessary ones

(E.g: Nerfing Zelda, or someone else who ISN'T a problem character)

Kinda hoping for actual patch notes this time.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
How is it allowed that in 2014 a video game patch remove replays from a game ?
It doesn't remove them, just old replays no longer work.

The reason why this occurs is because the replays are just a log of button inputs. Changing the game causes the inputs to do different things and thus the replay desyncs.

Pretty much every game that has replays and patches has this issue.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
they could have just made it programmed so that the game loads up the default game, then has a variable for each version of the game, 1.0, 1.1, etc. merely have the game check the version the patch was, and stop loading the patches to memory for that replay. bam, done. I'm assuming the reason this wasn't done is they didn't build the programming for the ground up expecting to do patches, so there'd be no need to code the replays etc in such a way, and by the time they realized it it would be too much work to recode. just my guess.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Loading up old game code becomes incredibly problematic if more versions continue to exist, and really they can only expect so much out of your SD card.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just hoping for Olimar buffs down the line. He needs them badly, in my opinion. Dat AI...

...oh, and Marth range buffs would be nice.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
IMO, from my experience, what I'd like to see and what I know probably won't happen either way!

Olimar
- Improved Pikmin AI. The nerf to 3 at a time was bad enough guys.

Dr. Mario
- Run speed that matches Falco's or Luigi's. He simply can NOT do much as of right now and it would really help make him an actual threat in more MUs. He's slower than Dedede!

Like, as far as character changes go, that's all I could really want besides maybe Utilt getting a bit less endlag (2-3 frames) for both Marios. Das it, really.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Considering that they're saying previous replays will be unusable, it must mean character specific stuff is changed and/or universal character traits are changed. Of course the glitches will be removed, but im sure everyone's replays doesnt include a glitch in every single one. Therefore, a big change must have something else to do with all characters.

Hopes go out to changes being Rolls, or Shield Stun.

As for character balance, im sure their "tier list" doesnt match ours, so expect bad characters to get worse or good characters to get better. Balance to them are basically changes in knockback or shield damage... so Ganon is probably OP to them lol.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
This is nice and all but that means that I have to record my replays before updating and I am full of them.

Apparently, I had to do it sooner than later *sigh*

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, for the love of all that is holy nerf the rolls

And make it so Luma can't attack when Rosie's in hitstun, that'd be greeeeaaaatttt

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
Luma's respawn timer.

If they must, give him more HP.

Just make him take longer than 8 seconds to respawn.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
rosalina should just take damage as Luma gets hit...after she gets separated tho..maybe like half the actual damage value of the attack

everything else can stay

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i want just a few things from this patch.

:4olimar: needs Better Pikmin AI, i can't recall a not having a match where i just smashed with nothing when a Pikmin is standing right next to me, or one just runs off randomly when i forward smash.

:4metaknight: needs his Hitboxes matched up to his animations. i love using him but his range is so abysmal I'm surprised i can even SOMETIMES win with him.

really that's all i'm wanting. if i think really hard i may come up with some other nit-picky stuff, but the obvious stuff like Wario's flying glitch people have already mentioned so i figured the don't really need repeating.

Twewy

Smash Lord
so Ganon is probably OP to them lol.
Update notes:
-Ganondorf's attack power greatly decreased to add a fair advantage in Home Run Contest.
-Donkey Kong now has more lag on his attacks to make it fair for Multi-Man Smash.
-Rosalina and Luma's Luma respawn timer changed from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.
-Yoshi now has super armor on all his aerials, increased range on stars from Ground Pound.
-Updated localization files.

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
I hope they buff Marth a little bit and, this next one's a long shot, allow us to change the voice actors to different languages. I hate Fox's English voice in Smash 4, would gladly take the Japanese one or heck, maybe even the Spanish one depending on how he sounds.

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
I'd like to see more differences between Pit and Dark Pit. Make Dark Pit more slower and powerful and Pit vice versa, I dunno

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, nerf the rolls, for the love of all that is holy nerf the rolls

And make it so Luma can't attack when Rosie's in hitstun, that'd be greeeeaaaatttt
Roll spamming is already a bad strategy. Nerfing the rolls would render them unusable.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If there's going to be any changes, besides glitche fixes, you can bet it'll be for Mac and/or Rosalina. They're basically the only characters you hear about.

Everybody asking for buffs, nerfs and fixes, while I'm just waiting to see Pitto and Lucina getting more unique attributes( Please developers, if possible), I mean, cant they at least make Pitto a faster counterpart or something?
I'd like to see more differences between Pit and Dark Pit. Make Dark Pit more slower and powerful and Pit vice versa, I dunno
I'd much rather he doesn't change. It's nice that I can main one, get the other free, so to speak.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
they could have just made it programmed so that the game loads up the default game, then has a variable for each version of the game, 1.0, 1.1, etc. merely have the game check the version the patch was, and stop loading the patches to memory for that replay.
This is possible, but requires the game to maintain multiple versions of its data files, one for every patch. It's generally considered not to be worth the extra space it requires.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I don't care what this patch does, as long as any characters I enjoy playing such as Ness, Zero Suit Samus, or Wii Fit Trainer don't get ruined, and glitches like Wario's momentum get fixed, I'll be a-ok.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Refining the strength of some fighters..... So they ARE making character changes.. When the game has only been out for like 2 measly months. This is a stupid idea Nintendo, please cancel the patch and leave the game balance alone, only 2 months of the game's lifespan is WAY too early to mess with the balance. At first I would've been happy to have balance patches, but now I'm starting to doubt this idea.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
2 months is plenty of time for really minor tweaks. It's not like they've turned the game upside on its head, I still think they left Doc's horrible grounded movement speed intact, among other things. Just little tweaks and bugfixes is all I really expect.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Refining the strength of some fighters..... So they ARE making character changes.. When the game has only been out for like 2 measly months. This is a stupid idea Nintendo, please cancel the patch and leave the game balance alone, only 2 months of the game's lifespan is WAY too early to mess with the balance. At first I would've been happy to have balance patches, but now I'm starting to doubt this idea.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Update notes:
-Ganondorf's attack power greatly decreased to add a fair advantage in Home Run Contest.
-Donkey Kong now has more lag on his attacks to make it fair for Multi-Man Smash.
-Rosalina and Luma's Luma respawn timer changed from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.
-Yoshi now has super armor on all his aerials, increased range on stars from Ground Pound.
-Updated localization files.
Soldier confirmed?

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
:4villagerf:-I'd like buffs for Villager, possibly making her dash attack have less end lag on it, and maybe a bit less end lag on the axe. I'd use the axe more often if it wasn't so unsafe.

:4lucina:-Don't really want to see Lucina changed any further, I actually really like her as almost a pure clone. (I'm already worried about Smash 5 and her possibly being Luigified)

:4robinf: -Maybe get that speed up a bit? I feel like that's the only thing preventing her from being a solid threat.

:4palutena: -Make her better. Please. Anything.

Top Bottom