• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofT (Downtown Toronto) Thread

idea

Smash Master
if there's brawl at the next one, no one tell me what the secret characters are. and don't tell me who's not in either. i'd really rather wait and find out in a month. although i found out a bunch by accident on the boards anyway =P

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
edit: nvm, edited a noob comment out, lol.

Hopefully we can get bernard and co. for this one too. Would be fun.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
so... i can have a copy of brawl by then, what type of mod do u hav? wiikey doesn't work on full game unless ur running last beta according to the guy next to me in class right now. he'll burn me a copy of the full game if u dont have it. If you have the half thing that's going around on torrent, it'll work with wiikey with some restrictions. there's some thread by shortfuse somewhere
anyways i really would like to see bernard and co again since i felt like i learned a lot from them last time.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, changed my mind...if you bring brawl i'll just play it =) there's really only one character i'm interested in finding out about anyway, the rest i don't care about knowing early.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
so... i can have a copy of brawl by then, what type of mod do u hav? wiikey doesn't work on full game unless ur running last beta according to the guy next to me in class right now. he'll burn me a copy of the full game if u dont have it. If you have the half thing that's going around on torrent, it'll work with wiikey with some restrictions. there's some thread by shortfuse somewhere
anyways i really would like to see bernard and co again since i felt like i learned a lot from them last time.
Tysons, do you think you could burn me a copy as well? i can either pay your for it or give you a replacement empty dvd....
and I definately dont have the wiikey mod... i just got it done recently so it works with pretty much everything =]
I already have brawl preordered, but just dont want to have to wait another month to play it.
If you can make me a copy that would be awesome!

Tysons

Smash Rookie
Tysons, do you think you could burn me a copy as well? i can either pay your for it or give you a replacement empty dvd....
and I definately dont have the wiikey mod... i just got it done recently so it works with pretty much everything =]
I already have brawl preordered, but just dont want to have to wait another month to play it.
If you can make me a copy that would be awesome!
i actually... dont know the name OR info for the guy who's giving it to me... it's a small class and we talk a lot, and he said he's giving me brawl, so im assuming it should probably happen

i'm downloading it now just in case... i'll check whatever stuff ppl have written on how to actually do it later.

anyways i plan to definitely play brawl shudn't this still be fore MELEE since we're all.. much much better at it than brawl?
o well we'll figure out what we'll do when we get there.
Are there any confirmations on pro players?

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
If we can get like 2 modded wii's to this thing then we can practice up for the Brawl tournies that will be happening in a few months.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Are you guys playing this saturday? Cause then you can definetly count me in for some brawlin.

idea

Smash Master
feb. 16th, so saturday after this one. did you go to pound 3? and if so, anything to tell us that wouldn't have been mentioned in the threads for it?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yes I went to pound three... and between me and the others who went there is a HUGE encyclopedia of stories about it.

Or are you talking about brawl?
As far as brawl goes I went metaknight mostly, (even beat Forward's Falco! :laugh:)
and when I went Sonic I almost won without losing a single stock.... and even when I got triple teamed at the end of the match I still won.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
hmm 2 modded wiis sounds good
stories also sound like good
can't wait to play brawl...
are you keeping the same max people as last time?

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Ok, We sorta need more TV's now. 2 won't be enough for the amount of people we have. Hoping to get 1-2 ppl bringing TV's so we can have 3-4 TV's. Also, I'm thinking of making a bounty hunter tournament for Melee.

Structure:

Normal Tournament Rules
Pools will be made depending on time restrictions.
$2 entry fee
Best of 3 games
Bounty Hunter: Anyone who can beat Runawayfire or Raynex will get a $2 bounty. This does not count if one of them beats the other.

^^^^Tell me what you guys think of that, lol

But to make this all work properly... We need donors for TV's ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
K so I was juss looking over the spots..**** lol XD
ugh if anyone of the people in the list cnat make it due to something..
put stos.. =]

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
I can put you in, but more TV's would be greatly appreciated. So if your can bring a TV then that'll be great, otherwise, I'm gonna make this into a $2 tourney cus it's too hard to be playing friendlies with only 2 TV's going.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Oh, lol, I'll add you to the bounty list too, lol.

Then it'll give ppl a bigger incentive to participate hopefully. But seriously, is anyone driving here? If so then a TV would be great, lol.

idea

Smash Master
i might go for that tournament...it's probably the only way to be sure the "bounty" people aren't sandbagging us =P

and i can't bring a tv, sorry. i would if i could.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
hey steve dont think i'll be able to come this sat or rather stay the day, what time do you guys start?
i can get there at about 11 maybe a little earlier and stay for about 2 hours but wont be entering your tourney let me know

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Well, I was planning on having it later at 1pm. But if you and Idea wanna come earlier at 11 for some friendlies then that'll be fine too.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
ok that sounds good i'll be there by 11 i dont know if you guys wana give brawl a try cause i have it if you want me to bring it, but i still wana play melee either way =]

Tysons

Smash Rookie
hmm plz bring brawl pr3y11, and i'll probably arrive around 11-12 then as well, since i really wanna try brawl
i should have brawl... though it's not guaranteed..but in the worst case we can always burn more =D
look forward to playin u all

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
well in that case i'll bring it but i can only stay til about 12:30-1:00 plus its a melee thing anyway so i dont think anybody will mind =P
and tzunami, are you planning on hosting more melee events...cause even though brawls awesome and all i feel that we could still play melee along with brawl....
what do you guys think?

idea

Smash Master
well in that case i'll bring it but i can only stay til about 12:30-1:00 plus its a melee thing anyway so i dont think anybody will mind =P
and tzunami, are you planning on hosting more melee events...cause even though brawls awesome and all i feel that we could still play melee along with brawl....
what do you guys think?
First of all, sure, i'll be there probably between 11 and 12.

Second, it's a nice thought, but i really can't see myself wanting to play melee very often once brawl comes out. Think of it like melee vs. 64 is now: i don't often end up playing the first smash bros, but it's still fun when i do. It's more of a novelty to play it, not something i ever wanted to keep playing as consistently as melee. but for the next while i can see most of these "tournaments" having both brawl and melee for people to play. and i'm okay with that, 'cause it's not like i'm gonna forget my jigglypuff's tech skill =P

brawl just looks so ****ed fun...

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
yea... i dont even know what to say about you puff lol, its just pure win
but i haven't actually played smash64..... ever if i get a chance i'd like to try it =]

idea

Smash Master
=) thanks. heh, i like mango's more, though. has anyone seen the videos of (or in person if you went) mango at pound 3? someone put up his 2 sets vs. mew2king at the end of the tournament...and it feels like he's in control the whole time. and he goes for crazy rests, and has some nice f-smash mindgames...so fun to watch.

in 64, everyone was very floaty, and strong, and fast (comparatively, but overall it was slower than melee)...and ness and pikachu were top tier. plus throwing items at people was even more effective. what's odd to me is that smash 64 only came out in 1999, and melee in 2001. it just felt like they were much further apart. but then, i didn't get melee till 2006 anyway.

haha, this forum is so "PG" - it asterisked d_amn.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Hm...do you think I'd be able to come as well? it seems like you guys are maxed on space, but I might be able to bring a tv...not really sure if that would help I just really wanna try brawl :p

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
lol.... well it's tzunami's call whether or not he has more room but as for brawl.... im only there for about 2 hours ... from 11-1 so unless someone else is bringing brawl too, the you better get there for 11 =P

Tysons

Smash Rookie
well, turns out i might not be able to go... parents coming down for a couple days (From afar)
They planed to come on saturday night, (then i'll come) but they're considering friday because of the weather.
If they're here friday i naturally will be preocupied and not come... i'll really miss the gaming

woah.. bulgy whar have u been?

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Ah, I kinda moved outta res back to my house, cause res was all party and I couldn't work at all...yeah...I really haven't been down to res too much (as my computer and stuff is all at home now) but my tv's still there doing nothing, so I could bring it over for a little while...unless Tysons can't make it...in which case I could take his place (cause it's a big tv and I'd rather not bring it honestly :p 27 inch...)

Oh yeah and is there parking at your place? cause if I could drive it'd be much easier to bring the tv haha....

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Yea, there's parking at the back. So if you wanna drive and bring the TV then it should work.

idea

Smash Master
27 inches...wow...that might be the biggest one there.

Edit: Hahaha, about 18 people are going on saturday. that should be fun. you might have to install plug sockets on the stairs or something =P

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Hahaha...yay for overcrowding...so I'll try and get there a bit early I guess so as to set up the TV and whatnot....is 10-10:30 okay?

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Ok guys, unfortunately, we won't be able to hold this thing untill 1pm Saturday.
Sorry to all those who were planning on coming earlier, but unfortunately, me and my roomate both got something planned for Saturday morning unfortunately. But I'm thinking we could also have a doubles and crew battle tourny as well depending on who shows up and how many. This should be fun. Hope to see you all there.

Top Bottom