• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofT (Downtown Toronto) Thread

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
I would definitely love to join the club. I'm a 2nd year comp sci student [been here 3 years though], and I haven't joined any clubs at all yet, a Smash club would be awesome. I'd go for an executive position if any are available. :)
Awesome, I think I'll plan a day sometime when everyone's free and we can all meet and decide who gets what position. Then after I get all the names, I can submit whatever forms are needed to form the club.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
i would like a position as well =D
i also plan on going to your before-utama thing.
i will be bringing wii as i said on utama dc++ i would probably bring one for them.
also if there are ppl from other universities, please make clubs as well...
i know some universities in SoVA who do university crew matches / train with each other
sounds like a cool thing to try to develop in GTA... and its a great "club activity" to do

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yooohoho this thread totally died.

Pre Utama playing details? Tzunami add me on msn superbrotha at hotmail dot com.

Er, whoops, I forgot to check this thread.

Just thought you guys should know, CSSU (Computer Science Student Union) is holding a game night next Thursday (March 20th). Event starts at 5:00, tourneys start at 9:30 in the Great Hall. Last time there were a ton of people playing Melee with healthy competition. So if you're a CS student or you're buddies with one you should drop by and play a few rounds.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
Er, whoops, I forgot to check this thread.

Just thought you guys should know, CSSU (Computer Science Student Union) is holding a game night next Thursday (March 20th). Event starts at 5:00, tourneys start at 9:30 in the Great Hall. Last time there were a ton of people playing Melee with healthy competition. So if you're a CS student or you're buddies with one you should drop by and play a few rounds.
btw i think i'm the person organizing it due to me *****ing at them for doing a ffa tourney then deciding to volunteer =_=
so due to people it'll have to be teams... probably 3 stock 9 min time limit or so... ban stages?
if you all dont respond i'm definitely making this thing spear pillar only.. jk
unless i fail at life all characters / most things will be unlocked on mine.. though the other person bringing the game (so i hear) is a girl and therefore might not have everything unlocked.
everythings up for discussion including coin mode tourneys!:lick:

btw i think i'm the person organizing it due to me *****ing at them for doing a ffa tourney then deciding to volunteer =_=
so due to people it'll have to be teams... probably 3 stock 9 min time limit or so... ban stages?
if you all dont respond i'm definitely making this thing spear pillar only.. jk
unless i fail at life all characters / most things will be unlocked on mine.. though the other person bringing the game (so i hear) is a girl and therefore might not have everything unlocked.
everythings up for discussion including coin mode tourneys!:lick:
(Assuming we're talking Brawl)

You're talking about the CSSU tourney? If so, I'd say 3 stock, 7 minute limit, no items. As for stages, I say make it random, while disabling the obvious gimmicky-interfering ones. However, if the two players can decide on a stage before the fight (30 seconds?) then they can play there (even if it's not on the random list). So, for example, if two guys wanna play on battlefield and they both agree within 30 seconds, then they can play on it. The reason I say to allow people to choose, is because it's a pretty new game and it'd be fun for everyone to explore all the stages, if they so choose.

I have everything unlocked, I might be able to bring my gear in - if you want. I'd help organize anything if needed.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
also after teh meeting for the organization of this today... i must sadly say that in order to enter the Great Hall (room all of this is taking place) the CSSU is requiring all entrants to have a TCard (UofT identification card) or a cdf account (have taken a computer science course at UofT)
also prizes will suck... nothing i can do about that.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
We should all brawl soon. All the guys that came to the utama event thing. The after smashin' was fun. Whos down sometime this week or next?

idea

Smash Master
haha...i forgot your fake name was michael chen. are you kidding? i have no idea what i'm doing with falcon. not anymore at least, if i ever did. brawl + mostly jigglypuff in melee have put me really out of practice for anything else. unsurprisingly, though, i have no trouble with sheik. which is good cause i need something to counter all those marths.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
So every single one of you have made the transition to all-brawl?
Lol, well, not officially we havn't.

But I'm thinking the next thing I host will be a mixture of Brawl with Melee. If brawl turns out to be truly uncompetitive, I'd probably switch back to pure melee/SSB64. But so far, I'm finding Brawl to be something new and refreshing.

Btw, I tried adding you guys' FC code but it keeps saying error. Are all your FC's labelled correctly on your profiles?

idea

Smash Master
maybe we just have to confirm you added us? i dunno about them, but i don't use wifi much cause it's always quite laggy for me. might be my connection though.

i think brawl is really good for casual play. for tournaments it's kind of slow and unexciting, but if you're just at home with your friends then the one where you get to be dedede and charizard seems much more appealing.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
I dunno, maybe it's just the fact that I don't use any characters with great range, so the matches between me and my roomy never turn into projectile wars. Though my roomy will often use characters like Rob, which will force me to take the approach. I find that I'm getting better at approaching in ways that won't totally screw me over. So the pace seems alright, though I'd need to play more people before I can decide that.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
There was a power outage at the CSSU event. I couldn't make it, had too much homework. Though the outage took cdf down and I could hardly do anything anyway. Heh.
woah dude ur in CS?
i bring/brought my wii down to cssu / cs lounge occasionally, will def do more often next semester if you ever wanna drop by

brawl is slow =_= i returned to melee spacies dittos due to popular demand of the group i play wit (though those also get a bit tiring/monotonous too)

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
wow this thread died ......

hey steve are you hosting anything in the near future?
and add my fc i have yet to play you in brawl =]

Top Bottom