• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I had a good time, fun matches with everyone I played. I suck at friendlies, true story. Cryptic sandbags in singles... Seriously.. who gets second in teams and then absolute last in singles. :(
Lula's rest on me was indeed hilarious... I don't know if anyone saw my expression... I'm sure it was good stuff.

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah, the expression was priceless. Good matches and can't wait to play ya again.

Btw...ANTHER DON'T HATE ME!

Kail

Smash Lord
Lul is Shaeden talking about my rest combo that I taught you? You know... There is something wrong when an IC teaches a Jiggs a rest combo... What's next? A G&W teaching me desynchs?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
All the vids are up!
lolz - only the ones from UMB1. but they are all up now. See sig for details. Working on the ones from UMB2. And homework.

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully you'll put up Petre's and mine Jiggs ditto., my Cap'n Falcon ****** a gannon, and Al's Bowser/DK

CrYpTiC

Smash Rookie
I really want to see that leet rest again lol....

It was just too good....if was one of those "LOLWTFHAX" moments.

and Scotu lets get priorities straight here...smash videos ..or homework lol, what next a full time job? lol j/k

But cant wait for those vids, and UMB3.

Also I never went to UMB1 so I don't know if it was held in the same room as the beginning of UMB2....if so is that were UMB3 is also gonna be? As long as a random SAPAC meeting doesn't show up its a bad *** area.

-- Paul

darkssin

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure all UMB's will be held in that same room, just like the last 2 (with some minor issues in the second one), since it IS called the Game Room, and provides the most support for multiple setups as well as seating arrangements (couches, chairs, etc). I will assume that only if we're forced out of there, like last time, will we be changing the location.

Levitas

the moon
Dude, that was probably before he went to sleep that, er, morning. He does that. It isn't really healthy.

Shaeden, I look forward to playing you again, lol you creamed me in both sets of pools.

Fuse, At this rate, my ness will win the ditto next time.

Enzyme, don't cheap out again. You can afford the $5. admit it, because everyone wants to see you on the brackets.

Good games all around.

darkssin

Smash Cadet
points to jman, I had not yet gone to sleep when I made that post... oh well. Vids are going, give it more time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
we should get ankoku to try to reserve the bur lodge for the next one. hm. ****. apparently i didn't upload the ubm1 friendlies.

EDIT: UMB1 Friendlies Uploaded and On vid site (see sig).

EDIT2: Uploading vids from UMB2 Singles Pools

Khovastis

Smash Rookie
UMB 2 Singles Someone Vs SomeoneElse

UMB 2 Singles Someone Vs SomeoneElse

That is definitely Shaeden Vs Lain. I would know! LOL

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Singles vids from UMB2 are up. Sig for details. Thanks Khovastis on finding it and correcting it before i even linked the vids to the boards. (how did you find that?).

lain

Smash Master
good games everyone. anther, i'm getting closer! XD

scotu, it's still great fun playing you. i learn so much.

ankoku, your peach still scares me. my heart always beats faster when i play ya. no more marth on dk64. hahaha.

shaeden, good ****. i'll take ya next time, yeah?

jmansmash, you're getting better. just... just don't play peach. haha.

randy, sorry about me getting pissy. i just thought you tried to douche me or something. : (

bowyer, thanks for the $2. lawl. just kidding ; )

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm guessing it's because he didn't have a ride, seeing as how Ann Arbor/Ypsi is a good 40 minutes away from Southfield.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Dearborn Heights is like 35 minutes. Either way, I was disappointed, I never got to play him (lain).

Ankoku, you're the only Peach I've ever played that didn't just Dsmash/turnip spam, at ST3 we had like 2-3 friendlies, I'm looking forward to these biweeklies to get some more Peach practice, as well as just playing against people who beat me XD.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
does anyone live around the port huron area here? cause sadly i cant make it to the biweeklies anymore because of medical reasons ( i can only go if i get a driver due to medication). and i was looking for someone to play so if anyone is interested pm me or somthing.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
yo guys i'm wondering when the sept 29th times are for the singles/doubles and when i should get there... i kinda would like to know soon cuz my ride needs to know when i'll have to be there, thnx! and how many ppl usually go to these biweeklies?

darkssin

Smash Cadet
yo guys i'm wondering when the sept 29th times are for the singles/doubles and when i should get there... i kinda would like to know soon cuz my ride needs to know when i'll have to be there, thnx! and how many ppl usually go to these biweeklies?
Registration opens at around 11 am, and ends around 1 pm for doubles. Singles registration ends whenever we start the singles tourney, which is after the doubles and a possible food break as well. Setups are nice to bring, and noon is a good time to show up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
11AM seems safe. After all, it's the time that we've opened registration the last two times. Ditto to 1PM closing time.

Levitas

the moon
mastersmash: 24 people went to the last biweekly for singles, 16 participated in doubles. This tells me that the number of people at the next one will be even larger.

Top Bottom