• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

King Malice

Smash Ace
I will surely be there, however, I will probably be alone. Should I bring a full setup? What do we need? I have 1 of everything.

Malice, I'm positive it was your Sheik. Keep in mind that it was a friendly, and that I sucked much more than I currently suck at that time. I do believe it was against my Luigi, pink outift, probably failed at least half of my wavedashes <.<

Lol, I want another friendly at UMB3 if you're there =].
I see. I was the kid with chains on his pants, right?

And if I can get a ride there, I will gladly friendly with you. It is the only thing I am good at nowaday, matches that aren't for money.

CrYpTiC

Smash Rookie
Okay where are the videos scotu? You've had an hour already ;D

EDIT: By the way, running into Marth's fully charged neutral B is not how you win.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
yo guys that were at the bi-weeklies today gg's :) too good, too good. that's what i was in for for my first smash tourney i guess xD i gots to practice :| and anther ur pikachu is deadly pwnsome lol never played a pikachu as good as you, but i'm pretty sure ur the only pikachu player i've ever faced...

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
What day is the next one? Had a funeral today... :(

Also, Scotu has some serious page-stretchers going on the first page.

Also, also, balls.

CrYpTiC

Smash Rookie
Good stuff....

Fun as always

Anther - lol stop ****** me with pika =D. Watch out for them Ravioli ninjas...seriously...
Jman - Thanks for the advice and whatnot helped me a bit
Biggie(spelling?) - Didnt really get to play you except for a few friendlys.
Boyr - lol crews.... nuff said
scotu - *cough* vids *cough* no seriously you also taught me some stuff much appreciated.
Ankoku - Awesome friendlys helped alot...except when you ***** me in crews D:
Kail - Good friendlys man... and you said you cant shine spike bowser haha :-P

Anyone I forgot sorry going to bed cutting it short lol

Rawr

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I see. I was the kid with chains on his pants, right?

And if I can get a ride there, I will gladly friendly with you. It is the only thing I am good at nowaday, matches that aren't for money.
10-4 on the chainpants, sorry you didn't make it today.

Shoutouts:

Ankoku: Your Peach is so bloody effective that it hurts my feelings, but I still beat you with that Azendash combo on the first stock second round. You gutted my Link completely, first pull bobomb kill, second pull stitchface that you held onto for two stocks.

Fuse: I wish I would have played Luigi against Jiggs. Rest combos are scary <.<

Bear: You talk so much crap, but your ICs > my Roy. I still make more sense though :p

Anther: I saw a LOT of those Ice Climbers today....

*snore*

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Doubles vids from UMB2 up finally *cough* *cough* cryptic.

Bigy- glad i got to play you this time after like 5 times of not playing you.
Shaeden - It's about time we met in bracket. You play better when you don't SD.
Anther - how did we not play? (glad we didn't in bracket...)
Kenny - Thanks for comming out for a long drive, hope you had a good tourney experience.
others - Skill this time was too good.

ps (@ Cryptic) - i *jumped* into a *near* fully charged shield breaker.

CrYpTiC

Smash Rookie
gaspz! where are the UMB2 Finals vids? lol

Did it not get recorded accidentally?

No biggie its probably still being uploaded or something.

But seriously...next time... not sucking in singles as bad...time to practice my *** off.. haha

Hopefully we don't get ripped out of teams so fast also.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I suppose some acknowledgements are in order.

Biggy - I finally got to play against you. Thanks for the game.
Cryptic - Hopefully you'll make it to my Sheik next time. btw, I don't think Roy should ever 4-stock Falco. Ever.
Fuse - So far, my Marth, Peach, and Sheik have all done equally well against your Jiggs. Stop holding onto that last stock, dammit. >_<
Jermesque - First time I've ever seen Link ledgedrop a boomerang. Next time I play you I hopefully won't be half asleep and I'll be able to give you some Roy dittos, or something.
Kenny - wtf South Bend. Good ****, hope you enjoyed the tournament.
mastersmash - Thanks for making it. This was probably one of the harsher tournaments skill-level wise, though.
Shaeden - You clearly could've made it through 13 stock.

CrYpTiC

Smash Rookie
Watch out for those Elves and faeries at the end of halo 3 guys xD

LOL guess you had to be on the food run to understand.

and I don't remember getting 4 stocked by your roy tony... >.>
haha j/k but your ganon punches freakin hurt!

Kail

Smash Lord
*sigh* I didn't play Boyr, Scotu, or Anther... I did show Cryptic why you shouldn't shine spike Bowser, because ICs and Bowser go hand in hand.

Levitas

the moon
This was the most fun I've had in quite a while.

Shaeden- You crushed people in singles. Especially me, congrats on the win, and better luck in doubles next time.
Biggy- thanks for the game, It's about time I played against you, lol.
Jordan- You got a lot better, I expect the same for next time.
Kail- Nice to finally meet you. Thanks for the games, it was a blast.
Fuse- Ness dittos are and will always be fun with you.
Darkssin- stop being afraid to use your gannon. It's better than your marth, no matter what you think.
Cryptic- It's time for you to get rid of some bad habits. And yeah, those fairys and elves freaked me out. lol
Anther- Lol @ that plastic pikachu, it's always fun having you around.
Everyone else- good show, this was by far the most intense UMB yet. I expect an even better show for UMB4.

I think it's about time for me to shed some bad habits I have and step up my game. We need to step it up and show people why we need a circuit event in Michigan!

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I think Anther and I friendlied like 300 times.. not to mention the winners finals still felt like a friendly. :ohwell:

Biggy's Falcon is too good.

I'm super clutch in crew battles, I take off 2 stocks when I need to take 13.

Bowyer and I had a really slow falco ditto, I was pretty out of it by then... sorry if you wanted a better match.

Cryptic and I got ripped in teams. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Anther

Smash Champion
Jermesque thx for the Pika XD. He's my mascot from now on, long as he doesn't lose himself somewhere...

Bracket full of people that knocked me out of tourneys before, I didn't think I'd beat your puff ever again Andrew. hellz yeh.

Twas crazy playin a doc for the first time.. and getting the required rectal examination from him too..

fun pool guys, good matches and friendlies MasterSmash. This is prob the first time I've went to a smashfest without playing against teh Scotu, or teh Bowyer, or teh Randizzle, or teh Ankoku, or teh Jman?!

STOP SANDBAGGIGN AGINST ME CRYPTIC WTF. btw I wasn't going ezy on you at all on that Brinstar match, I was scared >=O, you were mindgaming yourself lol.

Do dem vids scotus!! lol.

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
Can't win them all, haha. Looks like I need to get a Jigglypuff mascot to counter your Pikachu mascot.

Jman- Ness ditto's ftw...thought you had me a few times,haha
Ankoku- I'm the life tank in teams for a reason!
Bigy- Dmar
Kail- C.F. Dittos ftw

SCOTU

Smash Hero
*sigh* I didn't play Boyr, Scotu, or Anther... I did show Cryptic why you shouldn't shine spike Bowser, because ICs and Bowser go hand in hand.
We played. My CF, your Ganon. that's practically playing.

edit: hmmm... doubles finals are having some difficulty on the server. It's there, but when i click the link, it gives a "We're sorry, but this video may not be available."

Also, a few of the vids from singles were rejected from the server. dunno why, but it's never happened before.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
al's doc = too good

it was great seeing you again, kenny. great games, had fun teaming with you, and thanks for dropping me off. asian marths ftw. can't wait to see you again. the triads will return...

jermeque, keep working on that roy. roy really blows, but he's just fun as hell.

andrew and chris, the games in our pool were way too fun. always a pleasure. but who's bright idea was it to make me play samus again?

cam, falcon dittos ftw. too fun. too hilarious.

bear, very awesome that you can keep making it out here despite being from kalamazoo. keep it up with those ICs. you're like the youngest one there, but you were completely owning a bunch of people. good stuff.

antoine, 'gratz on beating andrew. i don't think i got any friendlies with you this time =(

dan... that was definitely a very entertaining match. epic comeback one game, hilarious finish another game.

great games, everyone. nice meeting new people, and always great seeing old people again. i wanted to play everyone there, but i guess there's next time.

until next time, you stay classy, Michigan.

Anther

Smash Champion
I didn't mean that Antoine thing as seriously as I sounded when I said it... XD... tis still weird =p

Levitas

the moon
Oh, and Scotu noticed that when ankoku meant acknowledgments were in order, he meant ALPHABETICAL order, lol. Ankoku was shocked that it worked out that way, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By the way, I'd like to hear some opinions on how the MGS lounge was compared to the basement. If people prefer the MGS lounge, we can continue to host the biweeklies there.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The lounge was better than the basement except for the few hours when the sun was interfering.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
uh, shoutouts I guess:
Al: wtf... Doc? Good ****.
Kenny: wtf... Indiana? Good ****.
Dan: wtf... 1st in doubles? Good ****.
Cryptic: Sorry we didn't get a game recorded. next time be sure to hit me up on that.
Shaeden: That falco ditto was amazing.
Mastersmash: Cool playin ya. Hope to see ya at more.
Jordan: TV remote next time? lol.
Um... thats all I feel like saying.

Levitas

the moon
I like the basement, and I heard the same from Anther.
Who knows, he may have changed his mind since then though.

Anther

Smash Champion
Jman speaks the truth... its just inital access to the upstairs lounge and locating it is really hard. I appreciated the readily available vending machines too, and the fact that you don't get locked out if you go anywhere but the lounge... Plus I like the fact that we can enter from the side if we just knock on the window...
and the bigger room is a plus.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
we'll see if we can reserve the game room for the next one (i like the game room better too, except it's harder to move our **** there by a lot). oh, and by we, i meant ankoku.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
At least Nobody makes it to these, unlike someone else. >_>

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Hey what's up I pm'd on of you but oh well... I'm going to follow this thread.

There is major interest in a bunch of guys (like 7-10 probably) from Fort Wayne coming up for the one on the 27th.... We can bring lots of setups too. If it works out well enough we might stop by once a month or so.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
We received your PM, and were looking into it. Our next two were probably going to be on Sundays since those saturdays have football games here on campus making traffic atrocious. If you guys can only make it on saturdays we've considered holding one on that saturday, but no decisions have been reached yet.

What would other regulars feel about holding a biweekly during a home football game?

Top Bottom