• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Anther

Smash Champion
Anther MM's in brawl XD.
I'm bringing 2 other guys that wanna play in teams and might join in singles too =].

Vayseth

Smash Master
Indeed :)

I look forward to up smashing you in the face.

as long as you don't edge hog me
You did >.< At least next time I should just do the ditto... It'd be annoying, but I prolly woulda had a better shot.

Everyone:
It was hella fun meeting all the new people I met and seeing a bunch of old faces from a while back. Hope to see you guys at GYGO or other get togethers.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Based on my first impressions from today, I am definitely looking forward to getting Brawl.

It was nice seeing everyone again since the last time I made it out to a tourney, also very nice meeting some new faces.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Just wanted to say thank you specifically to Bowyer and Scotu. You guys ran the tournament and supplied a venue and without your work we wouldn't have had this great time we had on Saturday so special thanks to them for all their work in getting this stuff going.

See you guys in two weeks, when it's BRAWL time =)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Singles:
1: Shaeden ($87.50)
2: Dope ($25.00)
3: Mikey L ($12.50)
4: Lain
5: Bowyer
5: Ankoku
7: Anther
7: Gimpson
9: Aaron
9: Anti
9: Omniswell
9: SCOTU
13: Log
13: Zach
13: Limabean
13: Okiyama
---
Pools Cutoff:
17: Ori
17: BLOM
17: Khovastis
17: gabe
17: bam
17: Kagu
17: Random Hero
17: Regam
25: Ham

Doubles:
1: Flight of a Delusional Duke (Mikey & Dope) ($57.00)
2: Where are our **** Murfins (Shaeden & Anther) ($28.50)
3: Team Lain blows. (Lain & Juggleguy) ($9.50)
4: Stop Catching Death Returns! (Bowyer & SCOTU)
5: Rap & Tap (Khovastis & Gimpson)
5: I Don't Care (Anti & Kagu)
7: Ori & Okiyama (Ori & Okiyama)
7: Ham & Log (Ham & Log)
9: Dead Pirates (Bam & BLOM)
9: Pair (Aaron & Limabean)

Brawl:
1: Mikey L (Peach)
2: Anther (Pikachu)
3: Dope (DeDeDe/Wolf)
4: Shaeden
5: Limabean
5: Omniswell (Wolf)
7: Aaron (Olimar)
7: Randy (Marth)
9: gabe
9: Bowyer (Pokémon Trainer)
9: Kagu
9: Ankoku (Sheik)
13: tutu
13: SCOTU (Ike)
13: Anti
13: Vayseth
17: Juggleguy
17: Log (Toon Link)
17: Lain
17: Khovastis (Marth)
17: Gimpson
17: Random Hero (Various)
17: bam
17: Okiyama
25: Ham
25: Regam (Various)
25: BLOM
25: Ori

lain

Smash Master
i enjoyed this tournament a lot.

really good turnout due to the brawl attraction, the fact that we HAD brawl, lots of friendlies played, and beating anther. i am quite pleased with it all.

i most definitely come today and play some brawl. i'll $1 mm people with my toon link. i'll also do random $1 mm'es :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Can't wait to sit down and watch some of these Brawl vids! Thanks for getting started on them, Ankoku! ^_^

And it sounds like you guys had a great time! I feel bad that I missed it, but then again, I had a ton of hw...I'll have to stop by at GYGO before release!

Anti-

Smash Rookie
Wow... Brawl is too awesome... thx for uploading Ankoku.
Can't wait till the next Biweekly, Brawl friendlies should be awesome...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol at the brawl results saying that I played PT. I didn't even touch pokemon trainer yesterday. Instead I played characters that I hadn't played much of before and blamed my losses on broken hand johns :p.

Also, wolf and olimar are broken.

Edit: I hate you guys, that tournament was hell. A special hate you shout out goes to Lain for shouting across the room that there was a huge mistake in the brackets because mikey and dope played each other in the 2nd round, making everyone freak out, and me have to pause my game, and then argue with people for why its right, and in fact it was right, and Mikey or Dope didn't even win the tournament because Shaeden is a beast at smash.

Also, Dope cheats because he skipped pools.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
i blame my losses on the fact that i've never played the game before. oh and somehow i didn't try wavedashing one time. but jc grabs never work.

also.. bowyer gave up on his match against me for some reason.. he just fell off like 3 times. it must be my hair.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Thanks for coming everyone. We apologize for any hectic stuff, becuase we only had one setup of brawl.
I'd like to give a special shoutout to Vayseth, for bringing a full setup (JWii, JBrawl, and a TV), allowing us to play brawl.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i had a great time as well, **** anther beating my wolf i cant wait to play all of you guys over wifi and at bi weeklies.

And personally i don't think wolf, Olimar, or pit is broken because you can get around there spamming and attacks. (not so much Olimar) but you can gimp Olimar. Honestly I think brawl is pretty well balanced.....so far anyways.

Edit: Also ill be on wifi most of the time if anyone wants some matches pm me your wii #.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Sorry I bounced so early guys >.< I'm glad I did tho because I was really tired when I woke up to go to get your game on today, and played like crap >.<

Randizzle

Smash Ace
So I've been doing some reading the last two days and it seems like the tech skill in Brawl is might be really different than melee. Melee tech skill was mostly fast fingers, Brawl seems to have quite a few technical tricks that depend more on timing.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
yeah i just found out that spamming is easy to get around in brawl which is good :) all you really have to do is fight your opponent like your fighting falco in melee. but since you cant land cancel any b moves its a little easier to get in IMO.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
good stuff randy im possibly comming my meta and wolf are gonna have to play your ike/ marth again our matches were to fun and way to close.

Edit: Will there be brawl teams as well? If so would u like to team with me? we were doin pretty well in friendly teams.

Top Bottom