• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There should’ve be more small Kid Icarus content in Smash Ultimate (more songs, keeping Magnus, Viridi everywhere to haunt dreams, etc...a character would’ve been a bonus)

osby

Smash Obsessed
While I've got nothing against the character Piranha Plant being playable, when it was first announced it came off that many people only liked it because "LOL U so Salty" whereas I'm pretty sure in other cases it would've been disliked.
In which cases? He's unique, fun and expressive. A lot of fans like that sort of character.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
There should’ve be more small Kid Icarus content in Smash Ultimate (more songs, keeping Magnus, Viridi everywhere to haunt dreams, etc...a character would’ve been a bonus)
For a game of the caliber of Uprising with some of the best music I've ever heard, they sure did select some weird tracks, and remix ones into worse songs as well.

I would love for more of Uprising's music to be added.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For a game of the caliber of Uprising with some of the best music I've ever heard, they sure did select some weird tracks, and remix ones into worse songs as well.

I would love for more of Uprising's music to be added.
I wish they would’ve added Dog’s Theme and Aurum Island at the least...and also Lightning Battle

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
In which cases? He's unique, fun and expressive. A lot of fans like that sort of character.
I wanna say... Brawl or 4 Development cycles. A mook getting in before the other big reveals in Ultimate like Ridley and King K. Rool would've caused even more salt if you asked me.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate could have used another year in the oven, as it feels more like a big buffet than a full-course meal. I'm absolutely loving the game but feel like it didn't quite reach my expectations formed from the marketing.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I personally feel like unlocking fighters was one of the best parts of the game and it's kind of sad that you only get to do it once (unless you use alts on your Switch). I already miss the feel of "who are we going to unlock next?" and the ominous siren that surprises you after you finish a match.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
What's the deal behind getting hit by attacks where if you aren't facing the attacker you don't automatically turn to the attacker in this game anyway?

I also hate how defensive options in this game have been nerfed. Punishing out of shield is way more difficult than before, and often at times when I play, and sometimes I even get hit out of the starting animations of my rolling or sidesteps.

I dislike the new air-dodge mechanics, having to go through a century of cooldown just for dodging in a direction.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What's the deal behind getting hit by attacks where if you aren't facing the attacker you don't automatically turn to the attacker in this game anyway?

I also hate how defensive options in this game have been nerfed. Punishing out of shield is way more difficult than before, and often at times when I play, and sometimes I even get hit out of the starting animations of my rolling or sidesteps.

I dislike the new air-dodge mechanics, having to go through a century of cooldown just for dodging in a direction.
100% agreed. Punishing out of shield is frustratingly hard to do now, and I don't understand why grabs were made worse. They went overboard trying to reverse what defined Smash 4's meta.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Screw being nice.

For me, this game has mostly been a massive disappointment. (This is gonna be long)

First, the multiplayer side.

- As far as newcomers are concerned, the only ones I cared about so far were the Belmonts and Joker. Newsflash guys, while I'm happy that you finally got your Ridley and your K. Rool, not everybody was excited for them.

- I hate having to make a new ruleset whenever I wanna change one small thing.

- I hate the order of stages and characters. They really should've given the option to sort them. Why is this not a thing.

Really, multiplayer is pretty good all things considered. However, the one thing I wanted changed the most was single-player and it's still very lackluster. A lot of it's better than Smash 4, a bunch of it's worse.

- Classic Mode, while much better than the pathetic excuse they had in Smash 4, still isn't that great. Characters having set routes that are always the same is, in my opinion, nowhere near as interesting as older Smash games (not to mention that, outside of WoL, everyone's stuck fighting the same boss). Also, the one minigame they have gets old really fast.

- They had the audacity to cut all the side modes except Multi-man. I've ALWAYS HATED this mode. It's not fun, it's repetitive, it's annoying. The only time I ever played this mode was to complete any challenges associated with it (assuming I even wanted to do them, looking at you, Brawl) and as soon as those were done, I would never touch this mode again.
While I'm at it, they also got rid of All-Star and turned it into something completely forgettable. I understand that having so many characters means they (more or less) couldn't do it the original way, but there's probably a billion other things they could've made to replace it instead of turning it into what it is now.

- For real, where's Home-Run Contest? Why is there not something related to targets? There's exactly 10 bosses like in Brawl yet there's no boss battle mode.

- World of Light. Hoo boy, World of Light. Truth be told, I did enjoy this mode. But it's still not that great. I'm not gonna call it an adventure mode, I'm gonna call it what it is: A glorified, slightly watered down Event mode with a map and cutscenes. I say "watered down" because Event matches had some more interesting win conditions like "Keep all your Pikmin alive until they bloom" or "Defend the Yoshi egg until time runs out." Every single fight here (as well as Spirits in general) boils down to "Defeat your opponent." This is tedious and it long overstays its welcome.
I can't tell you how many times my mind auto-piloted to auto-picking something and then hitting start without even reading what the conditions for the level were. "Hey! We're gonna throw a bunch of random stuff in this level that's not gonna matter because you're gonna negate it all anyway! Oh well! Beat this person!"
Spirit Board is a lot of the same, but now you gotta deal with that dumb shield. Who's idea was that, really?

- In fact, Spirits was just a lame idea from the start. They're a combination between Brawl's stickers and Smash 4's custom moves, both of which were a waste, and they're nowhere near as good as trophies.
What's even worse is that they went so hard into the whole Spirits thing and it's just... ugh.

All in all, for me, this game definitely does not live up to its title. Honestly, as far as multiplayer goes, I think this is the best Smash to date, but everything else... yeah. For a game that claims to be the "ultimate" in the franchise, this just kept me wanting for more. I probably could've given it a bit of a pass for what it is, but in a world where Melee and Brawl exist and had much more stellar single-player, this is straight up disappointing. Normally Smash games stay in my system for at least a few months after they come out, but this one was in my Switch for about 2 weeks. I haven't played it since.

I wish this game had an extra year or two of development time.

TL;DR: Ultimate has crappy single-player and I don't like it because of that.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't think that the original 12 is a valid argument or even considered a thing. With how the game starts you off with only the original 8, the bundled unique console only has the original 8, the fact that :ultjigglypuff: only made it into Brawl due to delays, the fact that :ultness: would have been cut in Melee, the fact that :ultfalcon: kind of only got in because he had the same shape as the characters from Dragon King and :ultluigi: was the only clone in 64. If smash was rebooted, they don't share the same luxuries that the original 8 hold.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The entire concept of a Smash reboot makes no sense. It's only a thing so people can speculate about who's gonna get cut.

Smash should have taken a page from Marvel and used Zero over Mega Man

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The entire concept of a Smash reboot makes no sense. It's only a thing so people can speculate about who's gonna get cut.
And why continue Smash if your gonna cut 1/3 of the roster to begin with? What's the appeal in an 6th installment that does that?

That's why they should either keep updating Ultimate for years to come or take a new approach like a Vs. crossover fighting game with Capcom, Disney or Jump Stars (Weekly Shonen Jump).

Last edited:

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman

Smash should have taken a page from Marvel and used Zero over Mega Man
Why not make Protoman an echo or semi-clone of Megaman?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Smash Characters should be chosen for their moveset potential, not their fan demand... Because at the end of the day, a fun and unique character is better than a boring one... This is why I still think to this day, that Smash 4 had the best batch of newcomers

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I really dislike Donkey Kong's music selection. So much potential slept on in favor of Jungle Hijinx No.39ε. I also hate the abundance of first-world/tutorial stages, like Mario Galaxy and the Plateau Tower. They're boring maps, not much fun to play on, and not much fun to watch. At least we got New Donk City, but it feels kinda lifeless with how empty the fourth-wall seems from above. Even the neighboring buildings are "empty."

I also hate the dodge mechanics in this game, because a lot of the fast, near-lagless fighters benefit way too much no thanks to their forgiving mobility and crazy frame advantage. Never mind trying to punish out of shield because their jab will just snuff out your own. I miss certain jabs allowing for dash grabs and side smashes to throw people off. It's very difficult to stop your character from jabbing since the buffering in this game is way too sensitive at times.

The worst part is that it's a very unexciting topic. It's the very definition of anti-hype for a game like Smash. "Hey, let's talk about how there will be less characters to enjoy fighting with/against in the next installment. Gee wiz, that sure sounds like tons of fun to think about!"

And why continue Smash if your gonna cut 1/3 of the roster to begin with? What's the appeal in an 6th installment that does that?

That's why they should either keep updating Ultimate for years to come or take a new approach like a Vs. crossover fighting game with Capcom, Disney or Jump Stars (Weekly Shonen Jump).
I made a post related to this idea. It's pretty long (it's no DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon essay, but it's still quite the read to scroll through). Hopefully, the ideas are to your liking.

It has the unfortunate element of "cuts", but it makes up for it by being about 4 big companies instead of lessening the overall number of characters from its spiritual predecessor (i.e. our present Smash title).

Let me establish that this game isn't Smash as you know it now:
-There are lots of character cuts all across the board
-Lots of new stages and complete remodels of old ones
-Nintendo has a smaller roster closer to Melee in order to place emphasis on a more reserved and "balanced" roster
-All-in-all shallow and unneeded reboot from the cover alone. You will still spot some popular third-party characters like Sonic and Mega Man, but others are seemingly MIA

However...the new game's Nintendo roster is only 25% of the true full roster, and the stages aren't shown in their entirety:
-The other 75% of the game is made up of Capcom, Namco, and Sega characters as the spoiler title implies. The roster consists of 100 characters, 20 more than the total we're getting for Ultimate

-The main game still plays like Smash, except that it now includes new type of stage layout called a "Turbo" mode, which plays like the Vs. Capcom games. In this mode, Capcom helps to assist in the production of the game as much as Namco delivers on their end

-In the "Turbo" layout, you can choose up to 4 fighters for a team, each with their own HP bar like in the Vs. Capcom games, and plays exactly like the games in question. It is so unlike regular Smash that literally half the game's gameplay mechanics borrows entirely from Capcom's Vs. Series

-On the single-player front, Namco creates an original story mode of sorts that pairs all 4 worlds together ala Namco x Capcom, but with a greater emphasis on strategy roleplaying so that it doesn't feel like a borefest as some have found with the last two Project X Zone titles

-The game's packed with so much for a reboot that it's only less of Ultimate's Nintendo-flavored content, and more of a collaborative effort between four iconic companies. The resulting game surpasses Ultimate by feeling like a 4-in-1 package, huddling different types of communities together

Konami and Square-Enix are out of this hypothetical for the time being, since the former still needs to work back the public's trust and the latter is notoriously stingy and let's face it: They'd provide the least amount of manpower creating a masterpiece like that. Their inclusion would cut down the roster size in the other four companies, and let's not get into other matters such as Indies and other companies such as Bethesda, Ubisoft, Koei, and so on.

Anyways, the roster could look something like this:

Nintendo:
- Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
- Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
- Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
- Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Bros.)
- Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
- Link (The Legend of Zelda)
- Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
- True Form Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
- Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
- Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
- Marth (Fire Emblem)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
- Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles) - This one includes Mythra (duh), Roc, and Catalyst
- Samus (Metroid)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Kirby (Kirby) - Adopts a bit of Dedede, Metaknight, Bandana Waddle Dee, etc. into his moves, most of which are transferred over to his "Turbo" move-set to cram in as many references in his home series as possible
- Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
- Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
- Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
- Inklings (Splatoon)
- Pokémon Trainer (Pokémon) - This one has their Pokémon Team show up for certain Assist attacks. Think Ginyu mixed with Persona 4 Arena fighters with a dash of Atem from Jump Ultimate Stars. Honestly, it's a way to squeeze in all of Gen 1 into one moveset

Sega:
- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Amy (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Serph (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Ren Amamiya/Joker (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Yu Narukami (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Aigis (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta)
- Balder/Masked Lumen (Bayonetta)
- Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
- Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
- Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
- Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
- Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
- Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Beat (Jet Set Radio)
- Ulala (Space Channel 5)
- NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)
- Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)

Capcom:
- Mega Man X (Mega Man)
- Zero (Mega Man)
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
- Bass.EXE (Mega Man)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
- Mike Haggar (Final Fight) - He is also technically a Street Fighter rep, since it shares the same universe as Final Fight
- M.Bison (Street Fighter)
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Vergil (Devil May Cry)
- Trish (Devil May Cry)
- Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
- Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)
- Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
- Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
- Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
- Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
- Ammaterasu (Okami)
- Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
- Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
- Strider Hiryu (Strider)
- Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
- Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)

Namco:
- Jin Kazama (Tekken)
- Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
- Kazuya Mishima (Tekken) - The Devil Gene is a huge part of his moveset, making him heavy on the form while Jin plays midway between him and Heihachi
- Lloyd Irving (Tales Of)
- Luke von Fabre (Tales Of)
- Yuri Lowell (Tales Of)
- Estelle (Tales Of)
- Velvet Crowe (Tales Of)
- Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
- Taki (Soul Calibur)
- Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)
- Alisa (God Eater)
- Amami Haruka (The iDOLM@STER)
- Haseo (.hack)
- WarGreymon (Digimon)
- Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
- Gilgamesh (Babylonian Castle Saga)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really dislike Donkey Kong's music selection. So much potential slept on in favor of Jungle Hijinx No.39ε. I also hate the abundance of first-world/tutorial stages, like Mario Galaxy and the Plateau Tower. They're boring maps, not much fun to play on, and not much fun to watch. At least we got New Donk City, but it feels kinda lifeless with how empty the fourth-wall seems from above. Even the neighboring buildings are "empty."

I also hate the dodge mechanics in this game, because a lot of the fast, near-lagless fighters benefit way too much no thanks to their forgiving mobility and crazy frame advantage. Never mind trying to punish out of shield because their jab will just snuff out your own. I miss certain jabs allowing for dash grabs and side smashes to throw people off. It's very difficult to stop your character from jabbing since the buffering in this game is way too sensitive at times.

The worst part is that it's a very unexciting topic. It's the very definition of anti-hype for a game like Smash. "Hey, let's talk about how there will be less characters to enjoy fighting with/against in the next installment. Gee wiz, that sure sounds like tons of fun to think about!"

I made a post related to this idea. It's pretty long (it's no DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon essay, but it's still quite the read to scroll through). Hopefully, the ideas are to your liking.

It has the unfortunate element of "cuts", but it makes up for it by being about 4 big companies instead of lessening the overall number of characters from its spiritual predecessor (i.e. our present Smash title).

-Nintendo has a smaller roster closer to Melee in order to place emphasis on a more reserved and "balanced" roster
-All-in-all shallow and unneeded reboot from the cover alone. You will still spot some popular third-party characters like Sonic and Mega Man, but others are seemingly MIA

However...the new game's Nintendo roster is only 25% of the true full roster, and the stages aren't shown in their entirety:
-The other 75% of the game is made up of Capcom, Namco, and Sega characters as the spoiler title implies. The roster consists of 100 characters, 20 more than the total we're getting for Ultimate

-The main game still plays like Smash, except that it now includes new type of stage layout called a "Turbo" mode, which plays like the Vs. Capcom games. In this mode, Capcom helps to assist in the production of the game as much as Namco delivers on their end

-In the "Turbo" layout, you can choose up to 4 fighters for a team, each with their own HP bar like in the Vs. Capcom games, and plays exactly like the games in question. It is so unlike regular Smash that literally half the game's gameplay mechanics borrows entirely from Capcom's Vs. Series

-On the single-player front, Namco creates an original story mode of sorts that pairs all 4 worlds together ala Namco x Capcom, but with a greater emphasis on strategy roleplaying so that it doesn't feel like a borefest as some have found with the last two Project X Zone titles

-The game's packed with so much for a reboot that it's only less of Ultimate's Nintendo-flavored content, and more of a collaborative effort between four iconic companies. The resulting game surpasses Ultimate by feeling like a 4-in-1 package, huddling different types of communities together

Konami and Square-Enix are out of this hypothetical for the time being, since the former still needs to work back the public's trust and the latter is notoriously stingy and let's face it: They'd provide the least amount of manpower creating a masterpiece like that. Their inclusion would cut down the roster size in the other four companies, and let's not get into other matters such as Indies and other companies such as Bethesda, Ubisoft, Koei, and so on.

Nintendo:
- Marth (Fire Emblem)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles) - This one includes Mythra (duh), Roc, and Catalyst
- Samus (Metroid)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Kirby (Kirby) - Adopts a bit of Dedede, Metaknight, Bandana Waddle Dee, etc. into his moves, most of which are transferred over to his "Turbo" move-set to cram in as many references in his home series as possible
- Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
- Inklings (Splatoon)
- Pokémon Trainer (Pokémon) - This one has their Pokémon Team show up for certain Assist attacks. Think Ginyu mixed with Persona 4 Arena fighters with a dash of Atem from Jump Ultimate Stars. Honestly, it's a way to squeeze in all of Gen 1 into one moveset

Sega:
- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Beat (Jet Set Radio)

Capcom:
- Mega Man X (Mega Man)
- Zero (Mega Man)
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
- Bass.EXE (Mega Man)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Mike Haggar (Final Fight) - He is also technically a Street Fighter rep, since it shares the same universe as Final Fight
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Vergil (Devil May Cry)
- Trish (Devil May Cry)
- Ammaterasu (Okami)

Namco:
- Jin Kazama (Tekken)
- Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Kazuya Mishima (Tekken) - The Devil Gene is a huge part of his moveset, making him heavy on the form while Jin plays midway between him and Heihachi
- Yuri Lowell (Tales Of)
- Estelle (Tales Of)
- Taki (Soul Calibur)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Alisa (God Eater)
- Haseo (.hack)
- WarGreymon (Digimon)
>No King K. Rool.

0/10

Kidding! Kidding! Pretty cool I'd definitely buy that. :)

Just make King K. Rool DLC at least. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Nintendo:
- Marth (Fire Emblem)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Samus (Metroid)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
- Inklings (Splatoon)

Sega:
- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Beat (Jet Set Radio)

Capcom:
- Mega Man X (Mega Man)
- Zero (Mega Man)
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
- Bass.EXE (Mega Man)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Vergil (Devil May Cry)
- Trish (Devil May Cry)
- Ammaterasu (Okami)

Namco:
- Jin Kazama (Tekken)
- Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Yuri Lowell (Tales Of)
- Estelle (Tales Of)
- Taki (Soul Calibur)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Alisa (God Eater)
- Haseo (.hack)
- WarGreymon (Digimon)
That Nintendo roster is bad tbh. Having Rex, Skull Kid and Midna over Wario, K. Rool and anyone from Awakening is a bad idea

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>No King K. Rool.

0/10

Kidding! Kidding! Pretty cool I'd definitely buy that. :)

Just make King K. Rool DLC at least. :p
It would be foolish not to include DLC! It was...extremely difficult trying to find the right balance ;-;

That Nintendo roster is bad tbh. Having Rex, Skull Kid and Midna over Wario, K. Rool and anyone from Awakening is a bad idea
No u

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

Nintendo:
- Marth (Fire Emblem)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Samus (Metroid)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
- Inklings (Splatoon)

Sega:
- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Beat (Jet Set Radio)

Capcom:
- Mega Man X (Mega Man)
- Zero (Mega Man)
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
- Bass.EXE (Mega Man)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Vergil (Devil May Cry)
- Trish (Devil May Cry)
- Ammaterasu (Okami)

Namco:
- Jin Kazama (Tekken)
- Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Yuri Lowell (Tales Of)
- Estelle (Tales Of)
- Taki (Soul Calibur)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Alisa (God Eater)
- Haseo (.hack)
- WarGreymon (Digimon)
Clever idea, but I feel like the rosters for each of them should be changed a bit. Especially the Nintendo one. Not keeping Yoshi, Wario, Isabelle or King Dedede over Rosalina and Palutena seems like a bad move.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

Nintendo:
- Marth (Fire Emblem)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Samus (Metroid)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
- Inklings (Splatoon)

Sega:
- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Beat (Jet Set Radio)

Capcom:
- Mega Man X (Mega Man)
- Zero (Mega Man)
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
- Bass.EXE (Mega Man)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Vergil (Devil May Cry)
- Trish (Devil May Cry)
- Ammaterasu (Okami)

Namco:
- Jin Kazama (Tekken)
- Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Yuri Lowell (Tales Of)
- Estelle (Tales Of)
- Taki (Soul Calibur)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Alisa (God Eater)
- Haseo (.hack)
- WarGreymon (Digimon)
I had a different idea for a Nintendo roster, with no more than 4 fighters to represent each franchise:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:(Bandana Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultrobin:(Celica):ultpit::ultwario::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultinkling:
Anybody I miss?

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I had a different idea for a Nintendo roster, with no more than 4 fighters to represent each franchise:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:(Bandana Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultrobin:(Celica):ultpit::ultwario::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultinkling:
Anybody I miss?
That’s really good. I personally would replace Celica with Shulk, as Xenoblade has become a huge Nintendo series in recent years. I would also replace Toon Link with Skull Kid to provide more variety overall, and I’d even be tempted to replace Falco with a retro (either Duck Hunt or G&W, not sure which), since Nintendo’s retro roots are such a huge part of them as a company.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Anybody I miss?
People would be mad as **** if Incineroar got in over Lucario. Especially people who work at the Pokemon Company.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Anybody I miss?
Celica should go and Incineroar over Lucario is baffling. Otherwise it's good. Oh, and Toon Link isn't needed

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What do y'all think of my roster of Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars?

Super Smash Bros.:
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Bros.); DLC
Yoshi (Yoshi)
Wario (WarioWare)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
Samus (Metroid)
Ridley (Metroid)
Kirby (Kirby)
Meta Knight (Kirby)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Fox (StarFox)
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Mewtwo (Pokemon)
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Gen 8 Pokemon (Pokemon); DLC
Ness (EarthBound)
Lucas (EarthBound); DLC
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Lucina (Fire Emblem)
Ike (Fire Emblem)
Robin (Fire Emblem)
Edelgard (Fire Emblem); DLC
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
R.O.B. (R.O.B.)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt); DLC
Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog); Guest Character

Jump Stars:
Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Gohan (Dragon Ball Z)
Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Beerus (Dragon Ball Z); DLC
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)
Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
Sanji (One Piece)
Blackbeard (One Piece)
Tragalfar Law (One Piece); DLC
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Katsuki Bakugou (My Hero Academia)
All Might (My Hero Academia); DLC
Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho); DLC
Gon Freecss (HunterxHunter)
Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter)
Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Toriko (Toriko)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Tsuna Sawada (Reborn!)
Gintoki Sakata (Gin Tama)
Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)
Medaka Kurokami (Medaka Box)
Tatsumi Oga (Beelzebub)
Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Ryo Saeba (City Hunter)
Asta (Black Clover)
Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
Dr. Stone (Dr. Stone); DLC
Saitama (One Punch Man); Guest Character
I think it's...

not supposed to be put in this thread.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Anybody I miss?
I would cut Mewtwo for a grass starter, or cut both Greninja and Incineroar for other Pokemon like Lucario and another one. Why disrespect the grass type like that. Also, Falco and Toon Link don't feel too needed.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is popular or not, but it's just a thought of mine;

But I hope that Ultimate is the last smash game, and that they keep adding on to it each year or so. Unless the next smash game also brings back each character, I just wouldn't see the appeal to play it, unless it has some really cool additions or something.

Either way, I really like the "Everyone is Here" idea and don't see how it can be topped as of now.
(I have seen discussion above of a Nintendo vs Namco, Sega, etc. While that's a cool idea, I probably also wouldn't care for that either. Nintendo is pretty much all I know, besides Blizzard.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

But I hope that Ultimate is the last smash game, and that they keep adding on to it each year or so. Unless the next smash game also brings back each character, I just wouldn't see the appeal to play it, unless it has some really cool additions or something.

Either way, I really like the "Everyone is Here" idea and don't see how it can be topped as of now.
(I have seen discussion above of a Nintendo vs Namco, Sega, etc. While that's a cool idea, I probably also wouldn't care for that either. Nintendo is pretty much all I know, besides Blizzard.)
You ain't alone. I still don't get why people would want a game with 1/3 of the roster cut to begin with.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I would cut Mewtwo for a grass starter, or cut both Greninja and Incineroar for other Pokemon like Lucario and another one. Why disrespect the grass type like that. Also, Falco and Toon Link don't feel too needed.
most grass starters are pretty bad tbh

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
you know im right

also wtf you don't have pikachu

man, this is mahvel infinite all over again
Clever idea, but I feel like the rosters for each of them should be changed a bit. Especially the Nintendo one. Not keeping Yoshi, Wario, Isabelle or King Dedede over Rosalina and Palutena seems like a bad move.
Rosalina over both Yoshi and Wario? Heck, even over Jr? Eesh. Controversial lists, my man.
Man, if this topic was a game, I'd be swimming in points right now.
kappa.png

The only way they can top the next hypothetical Smash sequel is to reintroduce everyone from Ultimate onward, bring in the newcomers, and use a new tag-line, "EVERY MODE IS HERE!"

BAM! Your full-course meal right there!

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The game feels like a glorified balance patch for Smash 4.

And by “glorified balance patch” I mean it’s basically all obvious changes that we needed since 4 released.

And then some others... Well, the gameplay feels worse than it was in 4 in many ways, namely responsiveness.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
The only way they can top the next hypothetical Smash sequel is to reintroduce everyone from Ultimate onward, bring in the newcomers, and use a new tag-line, "EVERY MODE IS HERE!"

BAM! Your full-course meal right there!
Better yet "Everything is here!" One can dream! That'd be so amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom