• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I'm gonna sound like a huge killjoy but I really do not want inkling or YookaLaylee in smash
I almost want to create 'What characters do you NOT want for DLC' thread for the sake of it, but I'd figure that'd be a thread of huge contention and almost certainly get locked.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
All these DLC character ideas are cool and all but if I'm paying for my character then I'd want my DLC to be high tier characters. (not top tier)
I like Mewtwo, he's one of my secondary, but his moveset is honestly kinda jank.
When people ask for characters like King.K.Rool, I just can't imagine him being capable of handling the higher tier characters.

So I just kinda want people to vote for characters that have the attributes of a high tier character. (example: Wonder Red, Small,Fast,Rushdown)

Thats just me and my competetive ideals, I understand Smash tries to bring characters that appeal to the general audience and I respect it. :V

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would rather Viridi appear as a playable character over Medusa. That said, I am not a huge supporter of another Kid Icarus character - not because it has "enough reps", but because all of the characters I wanted from that series are already in the game, i.e. Pit and Palutena.

I think NPCs (e.g. Assist Trophies, stage bosses) should be eligible for promotion to a playable character.

I don't have any interest in the Ice Climbers, and in fact often forget their existence. I would still be happy for their fans if they returned.

I think Rosalina is overrated as a character. I like her and I'm glad she's here, but a lot of her fanbase makes me honestly uncomfortable (this may actually tie back into Swampasaur's previous notion).

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I hope there will never be a Project M for Smash 4, especially since there is still a lot to be discovered within the metagame. It is for this reason that I also hope Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity doesn't become the norm for competitive play.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think rolling or airdodging is an issue, they're easily exploited if people are spamming it and helpful if used cleverly.

I believe that people have the right to spam. They also have the right to get punished for using such a silly and predictable tactic.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Am i the only one who hates the "sound" of dodging? Especially pit and links abnoxtious back roll.
when they spam it my ears bleed to death

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I will support modding of Sm4sh modding. I want to know when there will be an option to do so that won't brick my consoles. I want all mods possible.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Am i the only one who hates the "sound" of air dodging? Especially pit and links abnoxtious back roll.
Roll Glory will do that to you. Our doctors are currently looking for a cure. :4drmario:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Am i the only one who hates the "sound" of air dodging? Especially pit and links abnoxtious back roll.
I freakin HATE Link's backroll. Yes the sound is maddening but that animation! I can't stand it.

Znatty

Smash Rookie
Little Mac is broken regardless of how terrible his recovery is. Counters are too common and too strong. Rolling is too safe and difficult to punish. Mewtwo's shadow ball is beyond broken. That is all.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Smash doesn't need Bandana Dee or Impa...Bandana Dee's movest writes itself but I can't see it being fun or interesting. Impa's would likely either be wholly original or heavily based on a spinoff game (Hyrule Warriors), which I would dislike.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Characters with Assist Trophies or other predefined roles should not be regarded as ineligible as a playable character.

It's drawing a conclusion with no substantial basis to accentuate it.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Why is mewtwo lighter than kirby?
Or more importantly why is mewtwo lighter than game and watch?!
Isn't he like 6'4 in Pokemon

Troykv

Smash Master
  • Why is mewtwo lighter than kirby?
    Or more importantly why is mewtwo lighter than game and watch?!
    Isn't he like 6'4 in Pokemon
    Melee physics? (?)

Still very weird that... I'm fine with him be floaty... But that is s little ridiculous.
Why he lose ¿10? weight?

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I think Roy is the best FE/veteran addition possible. I also think he'll return relatively the same as he was in Melee and I'm happy for that.

I still think Ridley has a chance of making it in at this point...

I think, unironically, that Goku can be in Smash 4 and that his chances aren't 0%. Due to Namco Bandai working with DBZ material before.

The Miiverse Smash community is alright. I think it's pretentious to hate on them for wanting "unlikely" characters like Powerpuff Girls or the aforementioned Goku since they're just genuinely saying which character they want for Smash. I mean, in the end, we all want our own characters for Smash, don't we? Whether or not that's "likely" according to your own unofficial rules has nothing to do with pure want and desire for a character.

Also I'd welcome Pichu and/or Young Link returning to Smash, even with their original Melee moveset.

I'd rather Smash Bros. not get any non-video game adaptation whatsoever.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I think Roy is the best FE/veteran addition possible. I also think he'll return relatively the same as he was in Melee and I'm happy for that.

I still think Ridley has a chance of making it in at this point...

I think, unironically, that Goku can be in Smash 4 and that his chances aren't 0%. Due to Namco Bandai working with DBZ material before.

The Miiverse Smash community is alright. I think it's pretentious to hate on them for wanting "unlikely" characters like Powerpuff Girls or the aforementioned Goku since they're just genuinely saying which character they want for Smash. I mean, in the end, we all want our own characters for Smash, don't we? Whether or not that's "likely" according to your own unofficial rules has nothing to do with pure want and desire for a character.

Also I'd welcome Pichu and/or Young Link returning to Smash, even with their original Melee moveset.

I really hope Roy doesn't return as-is. All of his moveset hitboxes start later than Marth's, has way more end lag than Marth's, less autocancel and more landlag, and less damage and knockback. Then there's how he moves slower and can't recover as well. If anyone wonders why Marth is way higher than him on Melee tier lists these are your answers. Even Smash 4 Marth has better frame data than him.

I really want Roy in this game, but something more like Project M Roy who has a buffed, less-cloned moveset.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Haha, unpopular opinions indeed. This is the only one of yours I agree with. Lol.

A Smash anime, or show, or movie, or anything else other than a game...makes me cringe. Let's keep it a game, please?

Last edited:

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
I'd rather Smash 4's dev team focus less on adding characters to the game since there's plenty already. I'd rather them focus on adding things in the areas the game is actually lacking in, like stages, modes, and music. The charater roster as is is pretty much completely acceptable, despite any personal hangups I might have with it.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I think that Captain Falcon and people who main him are really pretentious and try to style with his meme moves(Knee, utilt, dair falcon punch) too much, just so they can spam their "show me your moves" taunt.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I feel like people pressure the community into voting for or supporting certain characters for inclusion. Like, I'll get egged on to vote for someone like Inkling or Shantae, but the fact is, I have zero interest in their home series, so why would I? Same goes for Isaac, to an extent. I'm not against their inclusion, but hey, lemme vote for who I want, y'know?

Also, I agree with @ Waterwraith Waterwraith about dlc. Smash 4 seemed more about characters than anything else from the get-go, and I'd infinitely rather see more game modes, especially given how bare-bones and gimmicky the singleplayer content currently is.

Zale

Lover of Kittenz and Mittenz
Here's to hoping Sm4sh gets the Project:M treatment, tired of Nintendo purposefully ignoring what some of the Melee & PM community has been wanting.

And on another note, why is MewTwo so worthless in this game? :151:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think that Captain Falcon and people who main him are really pretentious and try to style with his meme moves(Knee, utilt, dair falcon punch) too much, just so they can spam their "show me your moves" taunt.
I disagree with you, because that's a broad generalization, but I know someone exactly like that. Every chance they get they'll spew out some meme regarding the Captain an how great he is.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I disagree with you, because that's a broad generalization, but I know someone exactly like that. Every chance they get they'll spew out some meme regarding the Captain an how great he is.
Considering how even in the "do you taunt thread" in the 3DS section, every single person who uses falcon said that they taunt constantly, I feel as if it's not really a generalization but more of a vocal majority thing.

Not all falcons taunt like madmen, but the ratio for ones that do is easily 15:1.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
-I wasn't really upset for the characters that were cut from Brawl
-I would be mad if the devs re-include clones or semi clones (from either melee or brawl) to the roster as paid DLC
-... which leads me to the fact that I don't care at all for Lucas.
-I don't think it was necessary to add more Fire Emblem reps
-Greninja wasn't relevant enough to me to be a playable character
-The voices of Fox and Falco aren't that bad
-I actually like 75M

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Considering how even in the "do you taunt thread" in the 3DS section, every single person who uses falcon said that they taunt constantly, I feel as if it's not really a generalization but more of a vocal majority thing.

Not all falcons taunt like madmen, but the ratio for ones that do is easily 15:1.
I mean... like... you know... I suppose you're right >.>

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Everytime I see those "Votee ______ for smash!" in signatures or in avatars, I feel like I'm in a middle of a club fiesta where people are shouting their favorite characters.
Like.
"VOTE _____!!!!!"
"JOIN US AND BE ONE OF OUR SUPPORTERS"
"ONE OF US, ONE OF US"
It gets really loud, fortunately it's only in my head.
Funny that I have no interests in other character DLC at the moment since Lucas is the only character I want to return and he"s confirmed soo....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
There are very few characters that I actively dislike the idea of being in, but I'm not going to vote for your favorite character if I haven't even played their series.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think Falcon fans are really serious in their praising of him. Sakurai's version of Falcon is just so ridiculous he's fun to poke fun at. Like the Chuck Norris jokes.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
But chuck norris "fans" also have those people that dedicate themselves into thinking that he is the god of all and no one can beat him. Not that i care

Znatty

Smash Rookie
Taunting isn't a bad thing and people need to stop getting butthurt over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom