• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
An unpopular opinion of mine...

Rage is a thing. It's not a big problem for me but it's an annoyance.

Other than that, the amount of people on the smash 4 poll that came out. 9% of the Smash community (Or well the 3500+ that actually voted) mains as Captain Falcon, the actual number was 345+. 2nd place was...I believe between Luigi or Fox. I'm not sure.(I could be totally wrong on 2nd place. I didn't really pay attention)

Where as my own main, Lucario only had 42 people. Meta Knight with 26. Ganondorf was around 30.

It just bugs me that Falcon has that much attention. ("I want to show my moves too..." - The remaining Smash 4 roster)

EDIT: If I broke a rule, I apologize. I'll ask to have it removed.
I was surprised at the number of Marths. He was tied at 4% with Fox. 4.9% if you do you Marth + Lucina.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I like using Charizard's purple alt.

And not because of some "You're just trying to play as Ridley" bull either. I just think he looks cool in purple.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I really preferred the unexpected newcomers (Greninja, Dark Pit, Villager) to the heavily expected ones (Palutena, Little Mac)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
  • The 3DS version was a complete waste of time and resources
  • The sound files in the latest update give me stress migraines, because I don't want them to be true that badly
  • Dark Pit, Lucina, and the return of Dr. Mario ruined the roster​
  • I went INSANE when I found out that Wolf wasn't on that leaked roster, and I blame Dark Pit for it​
  • I threw a fit when a two-game veteran, the Ice Climbers, were cut simply because they were veterans​
  • I belive in tradition, so when characters are replaced with another, they should be replaced. (Ike, Lucario, etc.)​
  • Lucario should have been replaced with Zoroark or Sceptile​
  • Ike should have been replaced with Chrom​
  • Toon Link should have been replaced with Wolf Link and Midna or Impa​
  • Krystal should've made it into the final cut of the game​
  • Ridley should have made it into the final cut of the game​
  • I hate Diddy Kong. He fits into the Smash Bros universe, and should be playable, but I hate Diddy Kong​
  • I dislike Pac-Man, and I have mixed feelings is he truely deserves a place on the roster or not​
  • The only reason why I want Jigglypuff to stay is because she was there from the original Smash 64.​
  • The only reason why I didn't want Mewtwo to return was he was cut, but with Dr. Mario in, my feelings changed​
  • No 3rd Party Company deserves more than one rep​
  • Roy and Ryu don't deserve to be on the current roster
  • A lot of hopes for DLC in my opinion are stupid and would damage the roster, like Paper Mario and Roy
  • I hope that NPCs in-game have a chance to become playable. (Ridley, Midna, etc.)
  • Fox needs to be buffed
  • Falco needs to be buffed
  • Shulk needs to be nerfed. HARD
  • Yoshi needs to be nerfed

Troykv

Smash Master
  • The 3DS version was a complete waste of time and resources
  • The sound files in the latest update give me stress migraines, because I don't want them to be true that badly
  • Dark Pit, Lucina, and the return of Dr. Mario ruined the roster​
  • I went INSANE when I found out that Wolf wasn't on that leaked roster, and I blame Dark Pit for it​
  • I threw a fit when a two-game veteran, the Ice Climbers, were cut simply because they were veterans​
  • I belive in tradition, so when characters are replaced with another, they should be replaced. (Ike, Lucario, etc.)​
  • Lucario should have been replaced with Zoroark or Sceptile​
  • Ike should have been replaced with Chrom​
  • Toon Link should have been replaced with Wolf Link and Midna or Impa​
  • Krystal should've made it into the final cut of the game​
  • Ridley should have made it into the final cut of the game​
  • I hate Diddy Kong. He fits into the Smash Bros universe, and should be playable, but I hate Diddy Kong​
  • I dislike Pac-Man, and I have mixed feelings is he truely deserves a place on the roster or not​
  • The only reason why I want Jigglypuff to stay is because she was there from the original Smash 64.​
  • The only reason why I didn't want Mewtwo to return was he was cut, but with Dr. Mario in, my feelings changed​
  • No 3rd Party Company deserves more than one rep​
  • Roy and Ryu don't deserve to be on the current roster
  • A lot of hopes for DLC in my opinion are stupid and would damage the roster, like Paper Mario and Roy
  • I hope that NPCs in-game have a chance to become playable. (Ridley, Midna, etc.)
  • Fox needs to be buffed
  • Falco needs to be buffed
  • Shulk needs to be nerfed. HARD
  • Yoshi needs to be nerfed
I don't want to blame your opinions... but... I remember that the "replace" thing is not actually a fact since that Roy only left the game because priorities (Like Sonic)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not challenging you because you're entitled to your opinion on whether they should've stayed or not, but Ice Climbers were removed because of the 3DS version (now you have another reason to dislike it) not being able to handle them. Sakurai and his team tried, but the poor handheld couldn't take it.

Ike and Lucario were never supposed to replace Roy and Mewtwo in the first place considering they both were supposed to be in Brawl but were cut due to lack of time. Mewtwo for example has a lot of files left in Brawl implying he was cut late in development.

Again, your opinion, just wanted to point those things out.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Not challenging you because you're entitled to your opinion on whether they should've stayed or not, but Ice Climbers were removed because of the 3DS version (now you have another reason to dislike it) not being able to handle them. Sakurai and his team tried, but the poor handheld couldn't take it.

Ike and Lucario were never supposed to replace Roy and Mewtwo in the first place considering they both were supposed to be in Brawl but were cut due to lack of time. Mewtwo for example has a lot of files left in Brawl implying he was cut late in development.

Again, your opinion, just wanted to point those things out.
But what does that even mean? How can you not handle ice climbers? What does that mean? The gamecube from the start of the century handled ice climbers perfect fine.

I thought it was a load of bs when I heard that reason.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Oh, I new that they were cut due to limitations, but what I meant was that I didn't like them being cut due to them being veterans of two games. The fact that they were cut due to limitations was implies on my opinion of the 3DS game as a whole.

That is true, but in the end product, they were essentially replaced. That's just how I feel though.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh, I new that they were cut due to limitations, but what I meant was that I didn't like them being cut due to them being veterans of two games. The fact that they were cut due to limitations was implies on my opinion of the 3DS game as a whole.
Oh, okay, I just read that wrong.

But what does that even mean? How can you not handle ice climbers? What does that mean? The gamecube from the start of the century handled ice climbers perfect fine.

I thought it was a load of bs when I heard that reason.
Well for starters, you're comparing a handheld to a home console...

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sometimes I feel like the only person who believes Jigglypuff's inclusion is well-justified. Probably has to do with people saying she isn't popular. May I direct you all to this wonderful little poll?
Add the fact that she is catchable in every main handheld game, a feat not even Pikachu has (You catch Pichu in B/W instead, and have to evolve it), and it becomes pretty clear in my eyes that she is in fact, justified.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I never did understand the whole "doesn't deserve to be in Smash" for Jigglypuff, not that I understand it for anyone, just Jiggly's is the most baffling. Despite being shafted in the anime, Jigglypuff is one of the most iconic Pokemon.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Sometimes I feel like the only person who believes Jigglypuff's inclusion is well-justified. Probably has to do with people saying she isn't popular. May I direct you all to this wonderful little poll?
Add the fact that she is catchable in every main handheld game, a feat not even Pikachu has (You catch Pichu in B/W instead, and have to evolve it), and it becomes pretty clear in my eyes that she is in fact, justified.
I would've liked your post if it weren't for the fact that your signature is a gif of Jigglypuff kicking Pikachu. :glare:
Just kidding! I don't care! :grin:
But I'm still not liking your post :troll:

Troykv

Smash Master
Lol, I almost believe that the character with more "No idea" was Shulk xDU

Jiggly has most "Could Name" that the other "popularity in that Gen" Pokémon xD

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Oh hey, more people can name Pikachu than Mario! Pikachu is most famous confirmed!

Edit: Just realized this is unpopular opinions thread, so my unpopular opinion is I like playing Smash Tour once in a while.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Jigglypuff is that there are so many choices for playable Pokemon, and everyone wants their favorites in, while Jiggs is seen as "most expendable" of the six already playable to free up the "slot". I mean, Pokemon already has the most number of cut characters of all the franchises from previous games, so the playable ones is already kind of a revolving door. She's not one of my personal favorites, but I love her new, cuter model in this game. She looks adorable.

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
I don't really have any desire to buy the Wii U version of this game. I own the 3DS version already which is like the same thing. I don't own a Wii U at the moment and have no desire to buy it yet because Smash Bros (and Splatoon a tiny bit) are the only games that look interesting to me.

Also, my favorite controller is a tie between the GC controller and the 3DS. It kind of saddens me that you can't use the 3DS as a controller online.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is extremely deserving, she's one of the most iconic pokemon ever, right up there with Pikachu and Chardizard. She's a 4 time veteran plus she brings some diversity to the pokemon roster compared to the rest, at lest in terms of build and playstyle

Last edited:

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
Hell, she's even got the brand new Fairy typing as of the latest main-series Pokemon generation, so she's relevant even today.

Why that wasn't factored into her custom moves is beyond me. We got a bunch of nonsense trash instead.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
I actually like that For Glory mode only has a FD version of the stages. It may not be creative or give an even playing ground for all fighters, but it's better than having stage hazards or transitions, both of which can make you lose a stock or two.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Why that wasn't factored into her custom moves is beyond me. We got a bunch of nonsense trash instead.
Sakurai misses the mark with Pokemon accuracy a lot. Water-type Rayquaza, anyone?

You could call Jigglypuff's Mega-Power Rest move a strange Fairy power if you so choose I guess lol.

Amiibo collecting is quickly becoming my new drug. I'll probably have quite the collection by the time summer is over lol.

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
Overall the game is great; I'm just questioning some stage and character choices that almost seem baffling to me. The inclusion of characters such as: Rosalina, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, etc.. What was the reasoning behind this? I'm not saying that they aren't quality inclusions, but were they highly demanded over others? That's more of a statement than a question, but I honestly am unsure of the answer. My point being is that there are far more popular characters that should of had their shot. Instead we get Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucas (confirmed?) and other characters that have move-sets that are very identical to other playable characters already on the roster. I feel like the removal of Wolf was unjustified and that many popular characters were shafted for reasons unbeknownst to me.

A Young Link with revolving masks (Deku, Goron and Zora) would be very enjoyable and unique. A Tingle, floating around with his balloons, throwing and dropping bombs everywhere; also unique and enjoyable. Or a powerful Toon Ganondorf; bouncing around with his two swords and agile skill would make him a very formidable fighter. Viewtiful Joe, King K. Rool, King Arthur (I get the licensing rights, but still..), Paper Mario, Krystal, Ray MK III, Isaac, etc.. Would all be enjoyable additions. I get that some of these *might* be a bit of a stretch, but I think they are all better choices than what they did decide to add.

Fountain of Dreams; The Moon from Majora's Mask; Hyrule Castle from SSB; more stage selections would be nice, but not needed.

The inclusion of being able to play WITH A FRIEND ONLINE on a different console on the same team in for glory mode.

And lastly, the thing I've been waiting for since Melee; the exclusion of Skull Kid. May I ask why? If you ask 100 people what the best game for Nintendo is, I bet 50+ say OOT. If you ask those same 100 what do you like better, OOT or MM, I bet a lot of them, if not most say MM. Although OOT is considered by many the greatest game ever, I feel like a lot of people prefer MM over OOT if they are directly asked, even though MM isn't considered the greatest game ever by any means. How do you leave off the main antagonist of a game that insanely popular? I get his move-set would be complicated to creatively invent, but I've seen videos of him added to the roster where he doesn't look all that bad -- It's definitely doable.

Sorry if I'm rambling, it's late and I'm tired but these are just a few suggestions. Not saying they are good ones, I don't work for Nintendo for a reason, obviously they are probably more creatively gifted than I.. But at this point in the series, why not reach out to players and see what THEY want? I like how they are letting us suggest one character attached with a brief description as to why, but I hope they browse boards like these and find and take some of these suggestions.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Yo guys, remember the whole "No replying for arguments sake" rule!

Back on topic:

If we were to get to a new Pokemon rep, Sceptile would by far be the most boring choice...

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Yo guys, remember the whole "No replying for arguments sake" rule!

Back on topic:

If we were to get to a new Pokemon rep, Sceptile would by far be the most boring choice...
Zoroark would be over-kill on the "Lucario vs X pokemon" bit IMO if he was included.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If we were to get a seventh Pokemon rep, I'd love to see either Sceptile or Zoroark. Seeing as they are my Top 2 favorite pokemon

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Unpopular Opinions:
Sheik is bad.
Diddy is good.
Sonic is bad.
Shantae shouldn't be in ssb4
Master Hand is boring and easy
Ganon is a clone
Mii Swordfighter is beast.
Mario is underrepresented.
Animal Crossing,Wii Fit,Pikmin,Punch-Out!!,Game and Watch,ROB universes are overrepresented.
Poke balls are boring.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Smash Bros isn't ****ing Congress.

Characters don't "represent" anything.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Female Robin is the best way because better VA, same with Iggy and Male Wii Fit trainer.

I'd much rather have Sheik, Pre-nerf Diddy and Brawl MetaKnight then see Zero skill spamus and Sonic thrive.

I like Sm4sh Falco over Melee and Brawl Falcon. Just wish he still had his old VA.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Sonic isn't good enough. WE MUST GO DEEPER!:4sonic:

Misty is an even better choice than Shantae, Impa, Bandana Dee, and DEEZ NUTZ combined. The only problem is, we can't have anything like :pt: on the 3DS.

Speaking of which, Shantae fans don't have to limit their sights to Sm4sh DLC. Failing that, maybe she could be playable in Sma5h!

Mini Kangaroo da bess. Who says we can't have a pre-video game rep for Nintendo?:4pacman:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sonic isn't good enough. WE MUST GO DEEPER!:4sonic:

Misty is an even better choice than Shantae, Impa, Bandana Dee, and DEEZ NUTZ combined. The only problem is, we can't have anything like :pt: on the 3DS.

Speaking of which, Shantae fans don't have to limit their sights to Sm4sh DLC. Failing that, maybe she could be playable in Sma5h!

Mini Kangaroo da bess. Who says we can't have a pre-video game rep for Nintendo?:4pacman:
Wat?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Don't worry, I like her too and want her to stay. She's one of my favourite characters in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom