• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
I Came in buying lucas for smash 3ds hoping it would be fun. but i forgot this is smash 4 and brawl was way funner.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
THE DLC IS TO EXPENSIVE, 22€ THAT IS 1/3 of the Game Price

Why:104:
This is when you take into account Mii outfits. If you only count characters and stages it's 15€, still a bit expensive, but not as much as getting all the mii outfits would be.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
For a game like Smash that you can literally get hundreds of hours of enjoyment from, I have no problem paying whatever the cost of any DLC I want. I have this thing called a job (two of them actually...) so it's not too huge of a deal for me. Plus the DLC is ace so if you want more of it, you have to support the creators.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Oh wait guys, I didn't notice the DAMN MII OUTFITS.
Thanks Taplr!
16€ is reasonable actually. @Weedy I can work 3 hours and buy this complete DLC more than twice but I don't like to waste money. Having a job is nothing special lol

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
@Weedy I can work 3 hours and buy this complete DLC more than twice but I don't like to waste money. Having a job is nothing special lol
Why would you buy it more than twice? Why would you buy it more than once?

It's a fee you pay once to have the content forever. That's not wasted money in my books. If it is for you then fair enough.

Shog

Smash Ace
Why would you buy it more than twice? Why would you buy it more than once?
I wanted to brag how much cash I have because you were a douche about the whole job thing

Also I bought everything except for the Mii Outfits, which, as I said, makes the price reasonable.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys don't go a little off topic here and please.

NOT REPLY/COMPLAIN IN OTHER PEOPLE OPINIONS. I did before because he has my same opinion but them I say my.
NOT TRY TO START A UNTENDED FLAME WAR.
Some may be the same but please always share you own unique unpopular opinions that feel about smash 4.
Let keep this thread safe from others user and remember.

Opinions are Opinions.

Here is my unpopular opinion:

Ryu and Roy is not hype as Lucas for me.

Lucas was to me more Hype and the Stage and Music are 3x better and more hype than Ryu and Roy altogether.

I love every single work of them but Lucas too me is more memorable than any of them. After all I don't like Street fighter. And Golden Sun is better than Fire Emblem. (I play awakening and yet, golden sun was more awesome in my experienced.)
And I prefer Isaac from golden sun and Bandana Waddle Dee than Ryu and Roy anytime, anyday.

Yeah, Smash Run still fun and Smash Tour suck.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
My (probably) unpopular opinion is that the Lucas, Roy, and Ryu DLC should have been spaced. I would rather have Lucas with the Dreamland stage, Roy with the other two 64 stages, and Ryu released with his stage about 2-4 weeks apart. I feel overloaded with new content right now. I want to play all three at once, but I only have two hands.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I really wish Pac-Man had more representation for his World games... I would have liked Martin T Sherman to come back and voice him too.

...Also I wish Mega Man had Ruth Shirashi as his VA again.... You all hate me for saying that don't you? Too bad: I mean it :U

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't know what the consensus is, but the Isabelle mii costume is super creepy and is a good example of the "uncanny valley" effect.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't know what the consensus is, but the Isabelle mii costume is super creepy and is a good example of the "uncanny valley" effect.

I don't see how anyone could find this not creepy. It's pretty disturbing.

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I must be the only one who wants Tails as a third party DLC character before all the other popular third party candidates like Shantae, Shovel Knight and Bayonetta. I'll go as far as to say that he's just as likely because of Sonic being in 2 games now, plus Ryu being here at all helps Tails out a lot due to breaking several unproven restrictions stopping him.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I must be the only one who wants Tails as a third party DLC character before all the other popular third party candidates like Shantae, Shovel Knight and Bayonetta. I'll go as far as to say that he's just as likely because of Sonic being in 2 games now, plus Ryu being here at all helps Tails out a lot due to breaking several unproven restrictions stopping him.
I'd like Tails over the three you just listed.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
The Inkling outfits for the Miis fall under the uncanny valley for me along with the Isabelle outfit. They look far more unsettling compared to how the Inklings look in their home game. *shivers*

Tails is one of the characters I want to see as DLC. He'd be a good choice.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Might be a dumb question (actually I know it is).. But what are the chances we'll see Scorpion or Sub-Zero ever in a Smash game? Lol.
About a 99.9% possibility, but only after they add Niko Belic and the GTA V trio (they'll be considered one character and work similar to the Pokemon Trainer), their possibility however is a slim 0.01%

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Inkling outfits for the Miis fall under the uncanny valley for me along with the Isabelle outfit. They look far more unsettling compared to how the Inklings look in their home game. *shivers*
Again, what you're feeling isn't the uncanny valley effect.
Honestly, for the Isabelle outfit I'm more upset that it looks like someone skinned her.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Again, what you're feeling isn't the uncanny valley effect.
Honestly, for the Isabelle outfit I'm more upset that it looks like someone skinned her.
Well, to be fair, the uncanny valley effect has to do with things having human features but not looking completely human... Isabelle's hands in the costume look kind of humanoid.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
I think they should replace Toon-Links ugly shield with the mirror shield or offer it as a dlc. I even voted for that instead of a character.

The 3DS version is/was a waste of resources. It also lead to Ice Climbers not being in the game.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Might be a dumb question (actually I know it is).. But what are the chances we'll see Scorpion or Sub-Zero ever in a Smash game? Lol.
If it would happen, I would think Scorpion since he's the face of Mortal Kombat. He's been toned down to Teen rated level when put with DC heroes, but then again I think they'd have to tone him down even more to put him in Smash.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice

Eh, I don't mind the Inkling costumes despite how different they look compared to the other costumes due to that mask (at least I think it's a mask... not sure) that they wear around their eyes, but overall I like the Inkling costumes.

But yea that Isabelle costume... kind of unsettling to look at....

EDIT: Also, hello smash community!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
What's the point of having a thread for you to get things off your chest if you're no safer from judgement and backlash than anywhere else?
things off your chest...okay buddy, if that's your only problem, why do you need to share it to others like it matters? Cringeworthy people these days

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
1) No criticizing another poster's opinions (both directly and indirectly). When you come across an opinion you don't agree with either ignore it, address it in another thread, or take it to PMs.
2) No engaging other posters in debate especially if it's likely to derail the thread or promote flaming/trolling.
Read.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
things off your chest...okay buddy, if that's your only problem, why do you need to share it to others like it matters? Cringeworthy people these days
Because it's the entire point of the thread. Also, how is that "cringeworthy"? "People come here to freely express opinions that would get them yelled/laughed at elsewhere" "OOH MAN THAT'S SO AWKWARD AND UNCOMFORTABLE I AM SO EMBARRASSED FOR THEM!!!!" I get that you just learned a cool new buzzword, but that doesn't make it a catch-all insult to throw at everyone you disagree with.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Am I allowed to put negative opinion on a character here?
If so:
  1. Ryu is basically Anti-hype for me. Not only he has broken 2 unwritten rules at once, but also is proved to be OP as f*ck.
  2. Seeing 3rd Party campaigns makes me have worse impression (or even hate) on the characters, especially ones like Shovel Knight.
  3. I seriously hope the ballot is not a thing, seeing the impacts caused. Once it ends with no contest, every fanbase would start hating Nintendo.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I know I'm probably going to get alot of flak for this but... I wish Jigglypuff was nerfed back to her Brawl self. (("rest" can go jump in a fire))

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I know I'm probably going to get alot of flak for this but... I wish Jigglypuff was nerfed back to her Brawl self. (("rest" can go jump in a fire))
Actually, you don't want that. The only reason Jigglypuff was as bad as she was was because the physics worked against her. That, and her nerfed Rest. She'd be just as good here if it was Brawl Jigglypuff as she is now.
As for me, I don't know nor care if this is unpopular or not, but I'll say it is: The sheer *********** of Rage singlehandedly ruins this game for me and is one of the reasons why Brawl is my favorite Smash game and not this one. Also, this game has some of the ****tiest hitboxes I've ever seen in a fighting game. Nintendo does a lot of things right, hitboxes are not one of them.

swampertdude

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArsonDoctor-O
1. I only bought Roy because of nostalgia from melee and for the sake of having the entire roster, but now I'm just as annoyed by him as much as every other fire emblem character.
2. I sincerely hope Wolf doesn't come back, I hated him in Brawl. I also don't think Shantae or K.Rool should get in, I'd much rather have Isaac from Golden Sun or another Sonic character, like Knuckles or Dr. Eggman.
3. I think Pits side b shouldn't have super armor, there's been too many times where I've hit through it hard and still get knocked out.
4. Dark Pit did not deserve to be in this game, not even as an alt for Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom