• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Hey, Smash needs more dinosaurs, and Tyrantrum's already a badass Pokemon...it was an easy pick.

And really, 3/4 fighters we've been working on are saurian in nature. We're like herpetologists, except for Smash. :p
Smash needs more big characters period. There's only four or five really big characters in smash and a bazzillion mid weights and light weights.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Smash needs more big characters period. There's only four or five really big characters in smash and a bazzillion mid weights and light weights.
True, plus i really think smash is one of those games where big characters can have really interesting designs and gameplay.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Smash needs more dinosaurs, and Tyrantrum's already a badass Pokemon...it was an easy pick.

And really, 3/4 fighters we've been working on are saurian in nature. We're like herpetologists, except for Smash. :p
Between you guys, pyotrluzhin, and marioking64ds my smash dreams are coming true. Keep up the good work and I'll love to see Tyrantrum in smash.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Someone just mensioned this on my Ridley video BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros

"It is fully functional. However, on certain stages (i.e. Bowser's Castle and Wario Ware) when Ridley goes off screen or the game is paused, the visuals glitch out until he's back on stage or dies. The visuals do not glitch out on Temple or Training Room. Perhaps the visual problem only happens on small stages???"

I just wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

"It is fully functional. However, on certain stages (i.e. Bowser's Castle and Wario Ware) when Ridley goes off screen or the game is paused, the visuals glitch out until he's back on stage or dies. The visuals do not glitch out on Temple or Training Room. Perhaps the visual problem only happens on small stages???"

No its true, Very True.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Bagan Ridey needs a few things...

-More animations to his idle stance

-New Effects for his Up Smash

-Updated animations when he goes back to his idle stance, use some his Smash attacks and you'll see what I mean.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yo dawgs, long time no see. Is ol' Rids compatible with the 3.61 + Dev Build "completed" version that's being worked on? I'd love to have Ridley alongside Isaac.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
You kids and your Gaston.

What I'm talking about is here: https://github.com/Project-M-CC/Project-M-CC. (Forgive me, I'm an old-*** man of 24 and I don't know how to make text links.) What I'm asking is if Ridley clashes with the dev build, as I know there tends to need to be tweaks to get him into new versions.
He works fine there if set up properly over Pit. Using the GFX and SFX port over another character(as said port does not work over Pit) requires this tutorial: http://smashboards.com/threads/p-m-...-to-port-ridley-come-here-modding-faq.416959/

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
Its probably been said before in this thread but I get freezes with ridley sometimes in 4 player matches. For example on wii I get a freeze on halbert with 3 other characters and they have no textures. Im using the beta 2.2 version.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
So I'm trying to use the sfx port but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. Pit still has Ridley gfx and Ridley still has Pit sfx.

Its probably been said before in this thread but I get freezes with ridley sometimes in 4 player matches. For example on wii I get a freeze on halbert with 3 other characters and they have no textures. Im using the beta 2.2 version.
That's odd. I've never gotten such a thing. Doesn't sound like the tail glitch either. Try reinstalling everything and be careful as well. That's all I can say.

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
If I download Ridley, 1. is he compatible with ver. 3.5 and 2. Does he create a new slot or cover up an existing one?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
If I download Ridley, 1. is he compatible with ver. 3.5 and 2. Does he create a new slot or cover up an existing one?
He goes over pit and yes he should be compatible with 3.5, Idk why you're using 3.5 but there is something that alread has him in his own slot but is in 3.6.
Brawlex+pm...

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
He goes over pit and yes he should be compatible with 3.5, Idk why you're using 3.5 but there is something that alread has him in his own slot but is in 3.6.
Brawlex+pm...
Using 3.5 because I heard it was more stable.

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
Oh. Well, is there any way to make it so that a different character is replaced and not Pit?

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
So I'm trying to use the sfx port but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. Pit still has Ridley gfx and Ridley still has Pit sfx.

That's odd. I've never gotten such a thing. Doesn't sound like the tail glitch either. Try reinstalling everything and be careful as well. That's all I can say.
Maybe because Im using brawlex. I tried 2.1 and I get no freezes so far. All I did was switch the fitmotion and fit.pac files.

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
Did you switch Ridley's BrawlEX SFX ID to Meta Ridley's?
Ya I did that for the beta 2.2 version which has the correct sfx. 2.2 I get freezes sometimes but I think 2.1 works better for me. So far I tested 2.1 and I get no freezes (but has no sfx). Im using the pm launcher on wii with a 4gb sd card (need to test brawlex on a 2gb with gecko or a get a better computer for dolphin one day).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm loving using Ridley so far, and he's super clean for the most part. Just a few quick questions I have...

--How do you trigger that attack where he swoops down and scratches his claws along the stage? I've seen the CPUs pull it off, but never figured it out myself.
--When you play Classic Mode, the camera zooms in on his foot specifically. Is that supposed to happen? (it resembles a lot of 'Too Big' ****posts I've seen)

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
--When you play Classic Mode, the camera zooms in on his foot specifically. Is that supposed to happen? (it resembles a lot of 'Too Big' ****posts I've seen)
--That's a tiny glitch (I think it happens when there is a module edit)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I've heard of it, but never encountered it. Then again, i haven't used Wii in years.
Bagan Ridey needs a few things...

-More animations to his idle stance

-New Effects for his Up Smash

-Updated animations when he goes back to his idle stance, use some his Smash attacks and you'll see what I mean.
-Yeah, i was kinda lazy with that. Will be fixed at some point.
-...what kind of effects can be added for Up Smash?
-It's really hard to do with some animations, so, not now.
What he really needs is glitches fixed as well as thrown animations (this one is the hardest thing to do for him).
I'm loving using Ridley so far, and he's super clean for the most part. Just a few quick questions I have...

--How do you trigger that attack where he swoops down and scratches his claws along the stage? I've seen the CPUs pull it off, but never figured it out myself.
-Up B+A.
-That one happens because bone that camera is supposed to zoom in on is for his foot rather than pelvis or waist.

Just to keep this post prettier, here is something that i haven't touched for months:
00000000-113.png

Shoulderpad thing is a bit messed up here. Stopped working on him after jab and dash attack were finished and after watching old version's videos, i feel bad. Like really bad. Now im happy that it got cancelled because of size limitations.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Just to keep this post prettier, here is something that i haven't touched for months:
View attachment 99484
Shoulderpad thing is a bit messed up here. Stopped working on him after jab and dash attack were finished and after watching old version's videos, i feel bad. Like really bad. Now im happy that it got cancelled because of size limitations.
looks awesome dude

w-wait, you aren't doing Classic Ridley anymore? ;_;

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
w-wait, you aren't doing Classic Ridley anymore? ;_;
Hah! Good joke, there. We're still doing Classic Ridley, but we've had to cancel the original version due to size limitations. We'll almost certainly be going at the idea again sooner or later, especially since we're still working on Ridley.

Bagan's referring to the original version, which is no longer very good in comparison to our newer works. So that mod is canned, but Classic Ridley as a concept is anything but; just put on the sideburner for now while we work on some other mods.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of it, but never encountered it. Then again, i haven't used Wii in years.

-Yeah, i was kinda lazy with that. Will be fixed at some point.
-...what kind of effects can be added for Up Smash?
-It's really hard to do with some animations, so, not now.
What he really needs is glitches fixed as well as thrown animations (this one is the hardest thing to do for him).

-Up B+A.
-That one happens because bone that camera is supposed to zoom in on is for his foot rather than pelvis or waist.

View attachment 99484
Regardless of the model that you are using, I'm just excited that Classic Ridley is being made in the first place. #hype

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Did we ever find a fix for how the game crashes when you try to use certain single-player modes with Ridley?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Which game modes does he not work on? They all work for me so far.
Classic does not work for me at all once it reaches the first Break the Targets stage. Ridley also will not load in Event Match #10, the first one where you can select your character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
At this rate, I'm just going to wait until either Metal Face or a new version of Ridley comes out so hopefully the new codes will be compatible with single player. I'm having a great time adding in new stages anyway, so those modes can wait.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did we ever find a fix for how the game crashes when you try to use certain single-player modes with Ridley?
No. But it works for me with no modifications.
00000000-126.png
00000000-127.png
00000000-128.png

Classic mode and events when you can choose any character work too. Maybe it's because i'm using Dolphin. If this is a common issue, then i'll need help to fix that because i don't have it.
...ignore Pit's icons still being here.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I'm on hackless, not Dolphin. I'll play around with the files a little later to see if I can isolate the problem.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Hackless? Is there any difference between that and homebrew (what i used for most of the stuff in the archive)?
Well hackless loads through stage builder and homebrew loads through homebrew the diffrence is that hackless you have to have a 2gb sd and hombrew is technically no limit.
other than that no, hackless just loads the homebrew/gecko channel w/o installing it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Well hackless loads through stage builder and homebrew loads through homebrew the diffrence is that hackless you have to have a 2gb sd and hombrew is technically no limit.
other than that no, hackless just loads the homebrew/gecko channel w/o installing it.
Patiently awaiting the day when Dolphin no longer has the 2GB limit.

Top Bottom