• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

latinking

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like a good idea. Just need to a-
File size limitations.
-F***. But im sure i can think of something that doesn't requires any extra props.
I had assumed the Pirate victory animation I suggested was possible to do since both Dedede and Toon Link use extra props in their own winning poses (in Toon Link's case, he runs around trying to grab hold of a pig from his island).

Is there any way around this limitation? Such as reducing the number of Pirates on screen to a single one instead of two? Or.... bah. You know far more about this than I ever will, so if you say it's impossible to do, than that's that. This animation would have served as the only in-game evidence in Smash (outside of trophy descriptions) that clearly show him being a leader of some sort. Your mod succeeds in portraying him as an intelligent, evil, brutal creature. Only the leadership bit was missing :p

As for the Meta Ridley costume's latest progress, I think I can safely conclude that it will be the equivalent of Project M's Dr. Mario (in the sense that it's an alternate costume that brings about many graphical/cosmetic changes to regular Mario's animations). I'm somewhat worried that his fire shockwaves might be a bit... much in terms of sheer size (though it's hard to tell on a single pic, so I might be wrong). It won't surpass the damage output that his normal Air Down B (in regular costume) is capable of doing will it?

I'm now hoping that this Meta Ridley costume will have its own alt. skin that gives him the damaged hologram wings seen in the currently available mod. With those wings and this new costume, you technically have Omega Ridley! Now...
<_<
>_>
How about making those fire shockwaves blue for Phazon in a later update? XP

Random thing I want to mention, the earlier Meta Ridley pics you showed in the last topic page reminded me ALOT of this pic below.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Place one you want into the folder, but rename it so its STGPALUTENA if its version with extra movement or falling platforms.

Now Meta Ridley's aerial Down B has his own GFX:

Before he lands, his feet are covered in fire and when he lands, they create 2 shockwaves. I know that there was only one, but it doesn't looks right because of GFX i used and just because it doesn't makes much sense. All hitboxes deal fire damage, but everything else is same. Other changes exclusive to Meta Ridley i want to do is electric hitboxes for Up Smash, electricity GFX on his chest for stunned state and when launched (in MP, when you hit his weak point, same thing happens as far as i know, so...) and...what else to do? I can't turn his fireballs into short burts of plasma beam as i wanted, so, there is not much i can think of.
This looks nice.
Remember that electric hitboxes have a hitstun modifier, which would make MetaRidley's up smash better/worse than normal Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I had assumed the Pirate victory animation I suggested was possible to do since both Dedede and Toon Link use extra props in their own winning poses (in Toon Link's case, he runs around trying to grab hold of a pig from his island).

Is there any way around this limitation? Such as reducing the number of Pirates on screen to a single one instead of two? Or.... bah. You know far more about this than I ever will, so if you say it's impossible to do, than that's that. This animation would have served as the only in-game evidence in Smash (outside of trophy descriptions) that clearly show him being a leader of some sort. Your mod succeeds in portraying him as an intelligent, evil, brutal creature. Only the leadership bit was missing :p

As for the Meta Ridley costume's latest progress, I think I can safely conclude that it will be the equivalent of Project M's Dr. Mario (in the sense that it's an alternate costume that brings about many graphical/cosmetic changes to regular Mario's animations). I'm somewhat worried that his fire shockwaves might be a bit... much in terms of sheer size (though it's hard to tell on a single pic, so I might be wrong). It won't surpass the damage output that his normal Air Down B (in regular costume) is capable of doing will it?

I'm now hoping that this Meta Ridley costume will have its own alt. skin that gives him the damaged hologram wings seen in the currently available mod. With those wings and this new costume, you technically have Omega Ridley! Now...
<_<
>_>
How about making those fire shockwaves blue for Phazon in a later update? XP

Random thing I want to mention, the earlier Meta Ridley pics you showed in the last topic page reminded me ALOT of this pic below.
Damage output is same, but it will detonate Blast Box and melt ice instantly. Thats something i can't avoid, but it doesn't matters in serious matches. Shockwaves don't increase its range at all - they are simply extra GFX.

Yeah, i can do it. Maybe i can add it to the default model. It looks nice. But even if i won't, extra recolors pack will still be updated.

I don't think i can do this. That would require a separate model for GFX used and i nearly ran out of file space when adding it (one it happens, it fails to load).

Looks great. Much more mechanical than the real thing if you'll look closely, but still looks organic.
This looks nice.
Remember that electric hitboxes have a hitstun modifier, which would make MetaRidley's up smash better/worse than normal Ridley.
I already fixed that. They have 2x less hitstun so opponent won't be stunned for any longer than when Ridley is using other recolors.

Now Ridley has electricity GFX on his chest when he is hit, launched, lying down or stunned (its a lot more noticable when stunned). But most important change is fireballs fix. Because reflectors still are considered to be hurtboxes or something, they detonated since i put "If Hitbox Connects" code to make it actually explode upon hitting opponent. But since it doesn't works anyway, i removed it and now it can be properly reflected and absorbed.

P.S. try to play as Ridley on Turbo Mode with auto l-cancel. This is horrifying.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord

Is there any way around this limitation? Such as reducing the number of Pirates on screen to a single one instead of two? Or.... bah. You know far more about this than I ever will, so if you say it's impossible to do, than that's that.
No, it's not possible. File size for the pirates would be too large, with just the models. You could try pro-optimizer, but it won't look good and you'd probably have to optimize it to like 25%, at which point it won't look good. You could try re-modelling it using box modelling, but I doubt anyone in this thread knows how to do it (I don't hack anymore soooo). Even with simple animations, it'd bloat up the file.

I've been around the block for a good time. Trust me when I say it's not possible.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
...how it works anyway? Failts to load anything for me.
No, it's not possible. File size for the pirates would be too large, with just the models. You could try pro-optimizer, but it won't look good and you'd probably have to optimize it to like 25%, at which point it won't look good. You could try re-modelling it using box modelling, but I doubt anyone in this thread knows how to do it (I don't hack anymore soooo). Even with simple animations, it'd bloat up the file.

I've been around the block for a good time. Trust me when I say it's not possible.
Even optimizing it won't work unless shadow models will be used, but those look like s**t when used for anything other than, well, shadows. Im already very close to reaching the limit for the FitPit.pac.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
...how it works anyway? Failts to load anything for me.
Select your SD card, go to the song you want to replace, drag 'n' drop your song, then go to the line of text with the title, type whatever your name is, then press enter. Don't forget that last part like I did fifty times, haha!

When you release Meta Ridley, will it be a standalone file, or will you just update the current Ridley pack?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Select your SD card, go to the song you want to replace, drag 'n' drop your song, then go to the line of text with the title, type whatever your name is, then press enter. Don't forget that last part like I did fifty times, haha!

When you release Meta Ridley, will it be a standalone file, or will you just update the current Ridley pack?
Sounds simple.

Update to the current Ridley pack.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Sounds simple.

Update to the current Ridley pack.
Sounds interesting, so does this mean the extra meta recolors will get the new model or is this only for the default meta color only?
Also I want to add an extra touch to the FNAF-ley colors by making them see-through (transparent, just like "real" ghosts), how would I accomplish this?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sounds interesting, so does this mean the extra meta recolors will get the new model or is this only for the default meta color only?
Also I want to add an extra touch to the FNAF-ley colors by making them see-through (transparent, just like "real" ghosts), how would I accomplish this?
Yes, they will get it.
I don't know how to do this, unfortunately. And i don't think it will look good.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Any plans on changing Resetti's "imitation" of Ridley during one of his rants? Last I checked, he still says "Great Palutena, victory is ours!", whenever he tries to copy him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't know. If its just text, then yes, i can. And i never heard that Resetti does it.
Well, I have. I tend to play with Assist Trophies on, so I managed to find it during Training Mode.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mr._Resetti/Dialogue

It's in "Random speech 3" where Mr. Resetti impersonates one of the characters on the stage. Even though he now says Ridley's name instead of Pit's because of the mod, he's still stuck saying Pit's quote. I vaguely remember this being the same thing before with Mewtwo and Roy when they were first added to PM, although it's been so long I forgot if they actually fixed it or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, I have. I tend to play with Assist Trophies on, so I managed to find it during Training Mode.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mr._Resetti/Dialogue

It's in "Random speech 3" where Mr. Resetti impersonates one of the characters on the stage. Even though he now says Ridley's name instead of Pit's because of the mod, he's still stuck saying Pit's quote. I vaguely remember this being the same thing before with Mewtwo and Roy when they were first added to PM, although it's been so long I forgot if they actually fixed it or not.
I doubt they fixed it. Maybe with Mewtwo (since he shows up as Pokemon Trainer in a lot of stuff for some reasons). But i can fix this. But what should i write? Simple "SCREAAARGH" or a small reference in form of "Im still fallin'!"?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If you could edit a lot of the text, a nice, brand new Resetti rant would be amazing. On that note, the least I could do is proofread it, or if you could tell me the limitations, I could write something up myself...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I doubt they fixed it. Maybe with Mewtwo (since he shows up as Pokemon Trainer in a lot of stuff for some reasons). But i can fix this. But what should i write? Simple "SCREAAARGH" or a small reference in form of "Im still fallin'!"?
Maybe a reference to the manga in the form of a Ridley quote? Or would that be too dark for Resetti to be saying? :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe a reference to the manga in the form of a Ridley quote? Or would that be too dark for Resetti to be saying? :p
Yes. No matter what is used.
If you could edit a lot of the text, a nice, brand new Resetti rant would be amazing. On that note, the least I could do is proofread it, or if you could tell me the limitations, I could write something up myself...
I think its better to not risk, but i haven't looked into the code much.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I figured you haven't considering it's an item. If it ends up being pretty safe, let me know and I'll come up with something with a group of friends.
Ok then...And i know that Resetti, other ATs and Pokemons are items. Was trying to replace Nintendog with Little Birdie at some point, so...

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
BTW Someone made a Super Metroid color for Ridley but it's from a older version but I though you can use it has a reference on how his color should be.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey, thx for noticing that! its quite outdated though
Yeah. Really outdated.
I got noticed.... by Bagan Senpai(not by name though, but still) *sob*
...but for me, it was Tuesday.
Note: im not sure if its Tuesday for you, but it is Tuesday for me, so, the quote works perfectly.
I never thought I would have an impact on this, pretty kewl
Nobody knows what will happen, so, kewl. I, for example, didn't though i'd see a triple post so soon.
"He's too big"!
"If I lived under the sea-sea-sea, I think it would be neat as it could be-be-be. I could visit all the fish, anytime I wish, if I lived under the sea."
I wonder if anyone will get where did this came from.

So, i recently saw Predator in MKX and heard his laugh, so...gotta try some Audacity magic.

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice
I don't think i can do this. That would require a separate model for GFX used and i nearly ran out of file space when adding it (one it happens, it fails to load).
In other words, if you were to ever make a Meta Ridley with blue shockwaves, it would have to be in a separate pack just like the extra colors you've made, and players would have to choose between installing one Meta Ridley or the other.

Here's hoping that you, or someone in the Brawl Vault community, create this optional variant sometime in the future. As for the Ridley with the Super Metroid colors (the one made by WEK-Sector Pirate), would it be difficult to transfer those colors onto your latest mod?

So, i recently saw Predator in MKX and heard his laugh, so...gotta try some Audacity magic.
A little warning BaganSmashBros: his laugh in MKX varies between his opponents. Just like in the first movie, the Predator tries to imitate the voice of his target in order to laugh in their tone (his laughter in the movie was based on Billy's, who laughed loudly at a bad joke earlier on). So, in MKX, if you were to make Predator fight against Mileena, his laugh would be a distorted version of her voice for example.

If you plan on using his laughs, choose wisely :).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In other words, if you were to ever make a Meta Ridley with blue shockwaves, it would have to be in a separate pack just like the extra colors you've made, and players would have to choose between installing one Meta Ridley or the other.

Here's hoping that you, or someone in the Brawl Vault community, create this optional variant sometime in the future. As for the Ridley with the Super Metroid colors (the one made by WEK-Sector Pirate), would it be difficult to transfer those colors onto your latest mod?
Oh. That would be possible.

No. I just need to recolor holes where his spikes were placed before. That can be done by anyone.
A little warning BaganSmashBros: his laugh in MKX varies between his opponents. Just like in the first movie, the Predator tries to imitate the voice of his target in order to laugh in their tone (his laughter in the movie was based on that soldier who laughed loudly at a bad joke earlier). So, in MKX, if you were to make Predator fight against Mileena, his laugh would be a distorted version of her voice for example.

If you're planning on using his laughs, choose wisely :)
I know. I heard his more common laugh. One he uses for himself and Jason (who has no voice)...and maybe few others. Im not going to use his laughs. Just make my own version using Ridley's roars.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
"If I lived under the sea-sea-sea, I think it would be neat as it could be-be-be. I could visit all the fish, anytime I wish, if I lived under the sea."
I wonder if anyone will get where did this came from.
I had to Google those lyrics. I hope nobody sees my web history and judges me.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I remember hearing something about you making it so we could play as both Ridley and Pit or something along those lines? I probably misheard but can you shed light on that?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I remember hearing something about you making it so we could play as both Ridley and Pit or something along those lines? I probably misheard but can you shed light on that?
That's the BrawlEX port, which is currently on the backburner; right now we're busy ironing out kinks for a new alt costume.

We're still working on it, but it's taken a backseat.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It wasn't a joke lol.
You liked his laugh so you're doing something similar haha.
I know it wasn't a joke. But thanks for explaining.
What Ridleylash said and there were few .rel ports by PyotrLuzhin over ROB and i think Toon Link, but i haven't done much with those.

Top Bottom