• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
actually, this is an interesting proposition. I'll look into it and test it out, because I think I might be able to make that happen. I can't promise anything, but my method might work for the climbers.
I would be eternally grateful if you were able to do this. I was trying for hours the other day, but I have very limited experience with brawl modding so I probably missed a lot of things I could have done.

I don't know why, but when I read that, I had this image in my head of two hammer-weilding Ridleys fighting together as a tag team.
He's TWO big!!!!!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would be eternally grateful if you were able to do this. I was trying for hours the other day, but I have very limited experience with brawl modding so I probably missed a lot of things I could have done.

He's TWO big!!!!!
Problem: Bagan chose Pit for a reason. He has a glide, projectile and a reflector. Therefore it was possible to create Ridley's current moveset

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
Problem: Bagan chose Pit for a reason. He has a glide, projectile and a reflector. Therefore it was possible to create Ridley's current moveset

That makes sense, and if that makes it not possible to port the PSA then I'll gladly carry two versions of PM with me, one with pit and one with ridley.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Man This Mod is great, he feels like a full on new fighter, If this were to be in the like actual PM, he'd fit right in. I now have 2 PM versions one with Ridley, and one with Pit, if only I could have both... Anyway, I think Ridley is working his way to being my PM main...

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
This is true, but my method doesn't consist of traditional PSA porting; all three of those abilities are accounted for in the four ports that I've already made, and the ICs would be the fifth, and likely final, port that I'll do. The only characters who will not function properly when replaced are Zelda, Sheik, Samus, ZSS, Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would honestly take that low quality Ridley over "Pit" as a placeholder.
The only difference right now between the ported Ridley and the full version is the number of sound effects that he can have and the color of his sword trail. Everything else is identical between the two versions. If anyone wants to try the unfinished version that I've set up, I can post it later today.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
This is true, but my method doesn't consist of traditional PSA porting; all three of those abilities are accounted for in the four ports that I've already made, and the ICs would be the fifth, and likely final, port that I'll do. The only characters who will not function properly when replaced are Zelda, Sheik, Samus, ZSS, Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur.
I'm guessing you can't port Ridley over any of those seven is because they transform mid-match? If so, that makes them Ridley's "Forbidden Seven" since they're the only ones that he can't replace due to technical reasons.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
The only difference right now between the ported Ridley and the full version is the number of sound effects that he can have and the color of his sword trail. Everything else is identical between the two versions. If anyone wants to try the unfinished version that I've set up, I can post it later today.
Sorry mate. Was responding regarding the announcer clip.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you can't port Ridley over any of those seven is because they transform mid-match? If so, that makes them Ridley's "Forbidden Seven" since they're the only ones that he can't replace due to technical reasons.
Correct, the transforming characters share modules, so it wouldn't be possible to replace them without overwriting their partners. I could edit the shared modules, but their filesize limits are strict enough that ridley would likey fail to load.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I think his DAir need to have more endlag to it,his neutral combo should be slowed down,and finally I think he should be a little bit bigger.

super m.png

Just enough to match his brawl counterparts size so about 5% bigger or whatever, I think he should be on all fours has his idle and then you could make him even lager.

d8cwLes.png

Something like this.

So with all that said this is a awesome mod and I look forward to whatever updates you do to this mod however big or small.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
More stuff.

I think he shold get some reptilic "backroll" jump, for th elooks.

And I noticed that Ridley can do some sort of double grab.
First, you dash grab, then shorly after, turn around, and you'll automatically do a pivot grab.

Is that intentional?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
More stuff.

First, you dash grab, then shorly after, turn around, and you'll automatically do a pivot grab.

Is that intentional?
I'm pretty sure it isn't.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More stuff.

Is that intentional?
Backroll jump?

No. It was fixed in new version.
I think his DAir need to have more endlag to it,his neutral combo should be slowed down,and finally I think he should be a little bit bigger.

View attachment 39505

Just enough to match his brawl counterparts size so about 5% bigger or whatever, I think he should be on all fours has his idle and then you could make him even lager.

View attachment 39506

Something like this.

So with all that said this is a awesome mod and I look forward to whatever updates you do to this mod however big or small.
Its already ridicolous (60 frames by default) and jab is still slowest jab in the game.

That would be ridicolous and you can't do much with Ridley if he is on all fours.

Version 1.5 released. Link is still same: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
Changelog:
+Replaced jab finisher with another claw swipe, which is more effective;
+All tail blade sweetspots and Neutral B firebreath now deal extra shield damage;
+Increased damage and knockback on Down Smash and now it can hit behind Ridley twice;

-But range was decreased and end lag increased;
+Slightly increased damage, range and knockback on Side Smash;
+Increased knockback on Glide Attack;
+Slightly increased knockback on Side Tilt's sweetspot and now it can be angled up and down;

+Signifficantly increased Down B Super Armor tolerance;
+Slightly buffed air jumps;
+Increased damage and knockback on Neutral B fireballs, now slightly stronger than Samus' Super Missiles;

-But Neutral B's start up was increased and fireballs' speed was decreased by 1/3rd;
+Instead of glide activation, aerial Side B is now a quick dash forward with damage and knockback close to Ganondorf's ground Down B, giving Ridley a quite effective finisher in the air;
+Increased range on FAir;
+Now DTilt has Off The Ground/OTG properties

-Slightly decreased knockback and damage and increased end lag on BAir;
-Increased end lag on UAir;
-Now glide is activated by holding B button during aerial Side B's start up, which increases its start up;
-Decreased damage on fireballs;
-Decreased knockback on Side B;
-Glide's speed reduced by 35%;
-Increased end lag on Side Tilt;
-All tail sourspots now always deal 3% damage;
-Slightly reduced grab range;
-Decreased max first jump height;

*Decreased volume on special Down Taunt;
*Improved gloss effect on model;
*Improved How to Install instructions;
*Fixed double grab bug;
*Added common5.pac and RSBE01.gct files with codes and CSPs pre-installed for those who can't do that by themselves;
*Added 3 new sound replacements - Metroid Prime Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley voices;
*Now Ridley is a lot darker while under Down B's effect to better match the source;
*Increased time Ridley spends with Metroid capsule during one of victory animations
*All SSE attributes set to match defaul attributes with only few things buffed;
*Added ladder animations and fixed trophy stand throw state, so, now Ridley is compatible with PM's SSE with only few weird things like wrong name, wrong CSS icon and not being present in cutscenes (for obvious reasons);
*Fixed few animations and added extra GFX to few animations.

I was working based on feedback i've got before i left for ~9 days. I reduced DAir's hitbox so it could hit only with the tail blade, but nothing else about it - right now, its just inferiour version of PM Wario's DAir (less damage, less knockback, no chance to survive once it misses off-stage, longer end lag, etc.) and no one has problems with that. I will disappear for a while again after few more posts. Unfortunately, what themaziest suggested didn't worked, so, sounds are still repetitive and everything, but now there are 3 extra sound replacements (Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley's voices).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Whoops, i just caught up with this thread and noticed that PyotrLuzhin made this little gem that fixes my f***-ups with .gct file (which i made using cBliss tool for PM 3.0). Here it is for those who missed it: https://mega.co.nz/#!axI3WRiZ!3oq-fVWH7qGNRTGgVEkiIYXwMxuQL6baNrW7fwbbUd4
And reason for my...forgot that word...is not that im taking break - i jus lost access to internet and will not regain it for a while. Right now im using a different way that will last for hour or two and then i'll go back to nothing.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Sorry to hear that. :-( I'm a bit slower than most and need very specific instructions for where to put the files to this masterpiece on PM if someone wouldn't mind...

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Whoops, i just caught up with this thread and noticed that PyotrLuzhin made this little gem that fixes my f***-ups with .gct file (which i made using cBliss tool for PM 3.0). Here it is for those who missed it: https://mega.co.nz/#!axI3WRiZ!3oq-fVWH7qGNRTGgVEkiIYXwMxuQL6baNrW7fwbbUd4
And reason for my...forgot that word...is not that im taking break - i jus lost access to internet and will not regain it for a while. Right now im using a different way that will last for hour or two and then i'll go back to nothing.
Hiatus is the word.
You deserve a break anyways. Enjoy, man. Thank you for blessing us with your work.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Backroll jump?

No. It was fixed in new version.

Its already ridicolous (60 frames by default) and jab is still slowest jab in the game.

That would be ridicolous and you can't do much with Ridley if he is on all fours.

Version 1.5 released. Link is still same: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
Changelog:
+Replaced jab finisher with another claw swipe, which is more effective;
+All tail blade sweetspots and Neutral B firebreath now deal extra shield damage;
+Increased damage and knockback on Down Smash and now it can hit behind Ridley twice;

+Slightly increased damage, range and knockback on Side Smash;
+Increased knockback on Glide Attack;
+Slightly increased knockback on Side Tilt's sweetspot and now it can be angled up and down;

+Signifficantly increased Down B Super Armor tolerance;
+Slightly buffed air jumps;
+Increased damage and knockback on Neutral B fireballs, now slightly stronger than Samus' Super Missiles;

-But Neutral B's start up was increased and fireballs' speed was decreased by 1/3rd;
+Instead of glide activation, aerial Side B is now a quick dash forward with damage and knockback close to Ganondorf's ground Down B, giving Ridley a quite effective finisher in the air;
+Increased range on FAir;
+Now DTilt has Off The Ground/OTG properties

-Slightly decreased knockback and damage and increased end lag on BAir;
-Increased end lag on UAir;
-Now glide is activated by holding B button during aerial Side B's start up, which increases its start up;
-Decreased damage on fireballs;
-Decreased knockback on Side B;
-Glide's speed reduced by 35%;
-Increased end lag on Side Tilt;
-All tail sourspots now always deal 3% damage;
-Slightly reduced grab range;
-Decreased max first jump height;

*Decreased volume on special Down Taunt;
*Improved gloss effect on model;
*Improved How to Install instructions;
*Fixed double grab bug;
*Added common5.pac and RSBE01.gct files with codes and CSPs pre-installed for those who can't do that by themselves;
*Added 3 new sound replacements - Metroid Prime Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley voices;
*Now Ridley is a lot darker while under Down B's effect to better match the source;
*Increased time Ridley spends with Metroid capsule during one of victory animations
*All SSE attributes set to match defaul attributes with only few things buffed;
*Added ladder animations and fixed trophy stand throw state, so, now Ridley is compatible with PM's SSE with only few weird things like wrong name, wrong CSS icon and not being present in cutscenes (for obvious reasons);
*Fixed few animations and added extra GFX to few animations.

I was working based on feedback i've got before i left for ~9 days. I reduced DAir's hitbox so it could hit only with the tail blade, but nothing else about it - right now, its just inferiour version of PM Wario's DAir (less damage, less knockback, no chance to survive once it misses off-stage, longer end lag, etc.) and no one has problems with that. I will disappear for a while again after few more posts. Unfortunately, what themaziest suggested didn't worked, so, sounds are still repetitive and everything, but now there are 3 extra sound replacements (Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley's voices).
These Changes sound pretty good, i'm surprised you all made some already.

Also can't do much with him when he's on all fours? Son i'm a disappoint. (Not really this is still an awesome mod.)

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Perhaps everyone is a bit busy, or no one noticed. Either way I have the image working but as for playing as Ridley, nada. I'm positive I am doing something wrong haha.
Again would be nice if someone could give me the specifcs on what to put where, I'm pretty bad at that ehehe...

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
He's quite busy with making this guy. I personally do not want to burden him none. Though I am curious. I have to put Ridley's data into Pit's folder correct? The pf folder for Pit or some other? And do I delete Pit's data?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Ah this'll be my 19th time reviewing it haha. Again I'm not particularly... Competent with this likthis but might as well give it another whirl. Not anyone's fault but my own allow me to be sturn on that, I'm not saying anything is bad either. I am just not up to date.
:Edit:
Ah I see there was always a video there, sneaky little thing never loaded for me before.

Last edited:

Norfair

Smash Rookie
Since upgrading to the 1.5 ridley I can't seem to end a match without the game freezing up. I just made a fresh copy of project m 3.5 and installed the 1.5 ridley by merging the pf folders. The game just hangs as soon as a fight ends with ridley. What's going on?

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
So watching the video, and I see something... "All of this" 5:04 what are those files he highlights and where do I get them from here? I may have missed that.
From here http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676 I only get one file, I do not get multiple like what he highlighted. A file named PM Ridley v1.5, I believe that this file contains the data I need to put into Pit's folder but it is (for me at least) a singular file much unlike the files the guy pastes into Pit's folder. Sorry if I am pestering anyone, I just wanna play with Ridley like everyone else haha.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
...is it a .rar file you can't open?

If yes, you might consider downloading something like WinRar or 7zip first. You'll need one of those anyway, lol.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Yup I officially used Ridley. Works great, but there is just one issue... As stated before after winning the game freezes and stays that way. Minor fix. Alright, as for the maker of this Ridley, do you have a Paypal? I'd like to donate a little something for your work here and your continued works in the future. :-D

Norfair

Smash Rookie
Yup I officially used Ridley. Works great, but there is just one issue... As stated before after winning the game freezes and stays that way. Minor fix. Alright, as for the maker of this Ridley, do you have a Paypal? I'd like to donate a little something for your work here and your continued works in the future. :-D
Did the game freeze after trying to manually quit a match too?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Perhaps its the ending theme that's the issue. I'm going to look around and see if I can merge 1.0 with 1.5 in a way that allows me to have the balanced Ridley and be able to end the battle. I'll let you guys know if I find anything, I really want Bagan to take a nice long break.

Top Bottom