• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Oh nvrmind. Alright so with Ridley 1.0 there was a minor issue... After using his down special (the super armor reflective one) sometimes he completely freezes (particularly in the air). I was curious if this was ever noticed before. Other than that (and the Pit heads for the amount of kills your for had on you), no other problems detected. Its wonderful, these are very minor things.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
If I do a 4-player CPU match with Ridley and perform an aerial Up Special, the entire game freezes. Maybe I'm the only person getting this freeze.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Me either. The stage I freeze the most in though with the Armor Special is at the Frigate Orpheon, though its rare to happen. Nonetheless it does happen. On a side note, CPUs are dumber than a doorknob.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Wavedashing, rolling and Dash Dancing seem to be fixed. Awesome! I think the Bair still does too much though. Also I am getting the game crash problem.

Last edited:

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I like this character, he plays like a mix of sentinel and firebrand with a fair amount of Kirby in the mix. However, I have a few qualms.

Namely, almost all of his attacks are incredibly telegraphed (his fsmash being the worst offender by far). It makes it incredibly difficult to hit smaller, faster targets, which is by no means a fun experience.

Also, my game frequently crashes when a game ends in which I played as Ridley. I would for that to be fixed as soon as possible.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I like this character, he plays like a mix of sentinel and firebrand with a fair amount of Kirby in the mix. However, I have a few qualms.

Namely, almost all of his attacks are incredibly telegraphed (his fsmash being the worst offender by far). It makes it incredibly difficult to hit smaller, faster targets, which is by no means a fun experience.

Also, my game frequently crashes when a game ends in which I played as Ridley. I would for that to be fixed as soon as possible.
Yeah friggin Sonic. Snake laying down shouldn't count haha.
For now use the 1.0 version of Ridley.
@ WEK-Sector Pirate WEK-Sector Pirate
Yup I appreciate it.
By chance is there a file that makes Ridley's Emblem a Metroid one instead of that stupid bow and arrow (sorry I was never a fan of Pit to begin with)?

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Yeah friggin Sonic. Snake laying down shouldn't count haha.
For now use the 1.0 version of Ridley.
@ WEK-Sector Pirate WEK-Sector Pirate
Yup I appreciate it.
By chance is there a file that makes Ridley's Emblem a Metroid one instead of that stupid bow and arrow (sorry I was never a fan of Pit to begin with)?
its not a file,its code. You replace pit's fran. icon with a metroid one,though

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I just installed 1.5 and it's great. Love that Ridley has a ladder animation now, and all those other fixes. I'm not sure what's wrong or if I messed something up, but the color I choose during the select screen isn't the one that shows up during a match. I noticed Bagan say there's a file that fix some of his flub-ups, but this didn't rectify the wrong color issue. (If that was one of the flubs.) So did I mess something up and what file do I need to fix and replace with what file?

I LOVE the mod, Bagan, so I hate to bring up even the slightest bit of complaint. Which isn't what I'm doing really, just want that to be clear so you don't feel ragged on after all that work. I'm just curious how to fix it is all. Sorry for any bother.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright I see the two codes. What do I do with them? :3
Put into your codes folder on sd card.

Ok, i see that game crashing issue arrived again. I personally don't have it, but that may be because i modify Ridley often. And i just noticed that PyortLuzhin's .gct file with fixed costumes for other characters messed up order of Ridley's costumes (black instead of red, green instead of red, blue instead of green and red instead of black). I fixed that already, so, it will be fine in the next update.

That kinda was the point. His attacks are telegraphed to match the source and to balance out his range and attack strength.
Oh nvrmind. Alright so with Ridley 1.0 there was a minor issue... After using his down special (the super armor reflective one) sometimes he completely freezes (particularly in the air). I was curious if this was ever noticed before. Other than that (and the Pit heads for the amount of kills your for had on you), no other problems detected. Its wonderful, these are very minor things.
I think it happens if platform below him disappears. I fixed similar bug with his neutral B.

Also, about what i will do after my break once i finish this thing - K.Rool. Plain and simple. I will try to keep him somewhat cartoonish with realistic, yet similar to original sounds. One thing i will do first with his model is make his eyes always remain white for 2 reasons:
1. So it would match DKC, where enemies had glowing eyes when there is no light source.
2. To make them stay clean if his Blunderbuss explodes like they do in DKC2.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Bagan, I have a minor nitpick even though the crashing problems in VS mode and another modes are more important. One of Ridley's legs when being in a grab animation looks kind of janky. Example: Bowser's Downward grab, and Ganondorf's Side Special command grab, if you were to pause at the right point you can see Ridley's leg put in an odd position.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah, Bagan, I have a minor nitpick even though the crashing problems in VS mode and another modes are more important. One of Ridley's legs when being in a grab animation looks kind of janky. Example: Bowser's Downward grab, and Ganondorf's Side Special command grab, if you were to pause at the right point you can see Ridley's leg put in an odd position.
One leg? ONE. LEG? Nah. Its more messed up than that. HIS ENTIRE RIGHT HALF if messed up except for right wing since it doesn't moves when thrown. Next time, look at his right arm. Im aware of this issue since day 1. Thats the way Other M models were rigged. I don't know is it the standard way to rig such parts or not, but its not like that in Brawl and thats all that matters. Im not sure should it be fixed or not at this point since it will require every animation to be fixed as well and that will be very hard to do.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Oh so the CSS thing wasn't me messing it up somehow. :x I am releived, as I'd not be surprised if I had screwed something up. Take your time Bagan, you seem more on the ball than Sakurai in regards to Ridley. Can't wait to see what you do with K. Rool.

Hope your internet troubles are resolved soon, Bagan. If you're like me, going a week without internet sucks!

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Alright so I put this note file into the codes folder?
And yeah thanks! That would make sense since we all know the Frigate Orpheon bounces about so that is a great conclusion.
I love your Ridley so take your time, haste makes waste and if you rush it and stress yourself out there will be more bugs. One of these days soon we will get a flawless Ridley from you and I am very patient to see that day come.

I'll let you know anything that comes up.
When I post what's wrong its not me complaining none its to help you make you job easier, I just hope you know that... If there's anything I can do to assist let me know. Would love to donate.

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Alright so I put this note file into the codes folder?
And yeah thanks! That would make sense since we all know the Frigate Orpheon bounces about so that is a great conclusion.
I love your Ridley so take your time, haste makes waste and if you rush it and stress yourself out there will be more bugs. One of these days soon we will get a flawless Ridley from you and I am very patient to see that day come.

I'll let you know anything that comes up.
When I post what's wrong its not me complaining none its to help you make you job easier, I just hope you know that... If there's anything I can do to assist let me know. Would love to donate.
Do you have Brawl box?
it will help with this

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Nope, sorry I'm very new to this. What is Brawl Box? I only have the two codes in a note form, which reads...
File: (Only if you know how to edit RSBE01 gct file) Codes required
Put those into RSBE01.gct
-Pit is called "Ridley" on results screen;
0445583C 03000000
-Ridley has Metroid franchise icon;
044565BC 8059E060

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
- Download Brawlbox
- Open Brawlbox
- Go to: Tools -> Code Manager -> File -> Open -> (find your RSBE01.gct)
- Click on New Code and past the code into the textbox
- Do this for both codes

(At least that's how I did it and it works so hey)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol @ Ridley being balanced or not being able to keep fast characters away. means you aren't Bairing enough.

we played 1.0 at casuals on Wednesday and my old training partner Life had some critisims that I will share when I get to a real computer on Monday afternoon, and I have some new issues with it too.

on both counts some of these issues have been addressed by the update but from what I have seen a few of the biggies remain.

also, 1.5 is crashing my Project M as well, while exiting training mode and matches. it is making it unplayable lol =\

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
- Download Brawlbox
- Open Brawlbox
- Go to: Tools -> Code Manager -> File -> Open -> (find your RSBE01.gct)
- Click on New Code and past the code into the textbox
- Do this for both codes

(At least that's how I did it and it works so hey)
Thanks but what is Brawl Box lol?
:Edit:
Forgive me just noticed the link. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fireguy458

Smash Rookie
So I've been using this mod on dolphin and instead of the crashing is just a game freeze for me, and I can definitely see that as being a crash on wii. I've been trying to pinpoint what's causing it because sometimes i don't even freeze/crash, and it normally happens when i do a prolonged match. I don't think it's a single move because i've tried many of them and quit out after and everything was fine. However I also did an entire 4 stock match which 99% of the time causes a freeze for me but it ended up ending fine. I'll keep looking if it helps anybody. Also if you're using dolphin you can create a save state with Shift + F1 and load it after the freeze by pressing F1 to help avoid closing the game and re-opening it.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Welp, something I did with the codes reset the opening look of Ridley to Pit (before battle that is, its still Ridley in battle).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think the Sm4sh announcer said "Ridley" outside the 50 Fact video, because it would have landed trouble on him.

Though, as a temporarily suggestion, I say, use Ridley's scream as his name announcement in meanwhile?
You mean hear his screech through the Wiimote when selecting him? (like how you hear Mewtwo's pokedex battle cry when you select it in PM) That would be kinda cool if possible, as opposed to always hearing PIt's "the fight is on!" phrase. Typically use Gamecube controller more anyway, but still... Addressing the freezing problem on 1.5 comes first of course, which I'm glad I read about from people before downloading it myself.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Also, about what i will do after my break once i finish this thing - K.Rool. Plain and simple. I will try to keep him somewhat cartoonish with realistic, yet similar to original sounds. One thing i will do first with his model is make his eyes always remain white for 2 reasons:
1. So it would match DKC, where enemies had glowing eyes when there is no light source.
2. To make them stay clean if his Blunderbuss explodes like they do in DKC2.
Joined just to say thanks for making this mod and saw this. Yes, at last my two favorites will be in Smash. I have one request, make one of his taunts: "Yeah, Thank You".

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So after Ridley and King K. Rool are done then that means... WE HAVE THE HYPE THREE IN PROJECT M! :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You mean hear his screech through the Wiimote when selecting him? (like how you hear Mewtwo's pokedex battle cry when you select it in PM) That would be kinda cool if possible, as opposed to always hearing PIt's "the fight is on!" phrase. Typically use Gamecube controller more anyway, but still... Addressing the freezing problem on 1.5 comes first of course, which I'm glad I read about from people before downloading it myself.
That could be done. I just need to properly edit it so it would match other sounds like that (those sound like this not because they are heard from wiimote actualy).
Joined just to say thanks for making this mod and saw this. Yes, at last my two favorites will be in Smash. I have one request, make one of his taunts: "Yeah, Thank You".
Never heard of this line, but sure.
So after Ridley and King K. Rool are done then that means... WE HAVE THE HYPE THREE IN PROJECT M! :D
Yeah. Something Sakurai unfortunately didn't do...SAKURAI!!!
...That would be a great archievement without any doubts.

So, other than slight fireball nerf, BAir nerf, freezing fix (which is already done...somehow) and CSP order fix, is there anything else required that i can do before next update?

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wait, the freezing thing with 1.5 somehow fixed itself? How do you know?

Just want to be sure before I download it and replace the 1.0 Ridley.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait, the freezing thing with 1.5 somehow fixed itself? How do you know?

Just want to be sure before I download it and replace the 1.0 Ridley.
I somehow fixed it sometime AFTER uploading v1.5. It still freezes, but not version I have. So, it wll be fixed in the next update and i won't have to spend time on doing that since its already done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom