• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Norfair

Smash Rookie
I agree completely, i'm very impressed with the ridley we have now and a simple DIY fix would be much better than bothering Bagan after the high quantity of work that was already put in.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Lets see... Nope my idea ultimately failed. ^.^
Well, I am very patient lad, so after his much needed break Bagan will amaze us again. Do you suppose Bagan would be interested in a commission from me? I treat this as digital art and I would be ecstatic if I paid him to have something made for me, seeing his capabilities. :-D
Oh wait, how rude of me... Thank you for your hard work btw, Bagan.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
How many people are having problems with Ridley v1.5? I'll take a look at it tomorrow night and I'll debug any crashes that I notice.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
How many people are having problems with Ridley v1.5? I'll take a look at it tomorrow night and I'll debug any crashes that I notice.
Its the after battle that crashes PM. Whether you win, lose, cancel or other it pans out to the same thing. Sadly... The screen turns black and stays that way. After playing with him for a whole two hours on infinite this is the only issue I have run into- Ending the journey.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Okay, just two or three questions with the 1.5 settup:

1. Are the Brawl/Meta/Omega SFX files supposed to go in the same SFX folder, or are they supposed to be separate?

2. I was wondering if you could flatten the beak in his Other M coloration, seeing the base is already highly based off that incarnation; just a small, but neat touch-up.

Speaking of alts, I remember you showing off your version of Meta Ridley, yet it never popped up in the mod. I wonder why...

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
K, new problem. The game now crashes whenever I exit training. I haven't tested this on anything else. Not only that, but I think it has decreased the likelihood of the game booting up successfully.

But yeah, listen to the guy above me...Meta Baganley 4 PM

Because I'm currently too tired to test, myself, is the Meta SFX from Brawl, Prime, or Prime 3?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Its the after battle that crashes PM. Whether you win, lose, cancel or other it pans out to the same thing. Sadly... The screen turns black and stays that way. After playing with him for a whole two hours on infinite this is the only issue I have run into- Ending the journey.
Ah so it happened to you two uh?

Norfair

Smash Rookie
I'm having this exact problem since using 1.5 ridley. Crashes on quitting a match and winning/losing a match with ridley.

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
I read about this before installing it. hopefully it will be fixed soon so I can use the balanced version of Ridley.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Does Ridley crash training mode in 1.5? Just curious since I haven't downloaded that one yet. While I'm thinking of it, does the game crash when you finish a match when Ridley isn't in it?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I think he is pretty balanced considering the fact he can barely touch Kirby. Ike and Marth kill him easy too. Starfox's Wolf is also good to use against him, only Wolf though. Same with ZS Samus. Yeah... Don't nerf him once someone figures out his moves he's not overpowered. Study thy enemy well.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty sure his aerial mobility needs to be slightly toned down to make his juggling game less free because you can basically 0 to death everyone at any percent if you know what you are doing. But that's the only major thing atmo.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
MAYBE Ridley could gain some pounds. But that's about it haha.
So I went back to 1.0 for the time being... Could someone please tell me where the items in the folders "Stock" and "CSP" go exactly projectm? That is it yup yup and I would highly appreciate help. :-D

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
We can live for now don't choke on stress Bagan, breaks in between are important.
On another note...
With Ridley 1.0, no matter what the end result KO heads (the amount of kills your opponent had on you) will be Pit's heads or am I missing something (wrong file in wrong area)?

Last edited:

Norfair

Smash Rookie
We can live for now don't choke on stress Bagan, breaks in between are important.
On another note...
With Ridley 1.0, no matter what the end result KO heads (the amount of kills your opponent had on you) will be Pit's heads or am I missing something (wrong file in wrong area)?
I'm actually having that problem also, I only just noticed now since you mentioned it. I followed the instructions in the video at the beginning of the thread for 1.0 ridley so i'm not sure what's up there.

Did anyone make a good announcer call sawnd file for ridley yet? the one from crusade that was posted earlier in the thread had only glitch noises for sonic, snake and mewtwo. I'm not sure if it was just a limitation of the crusade announcer or not.

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I'm actually having that problem also, I only just noticed now since you mentioned it. I followed the instructions in the video at the beginning of the thread for 1.0 ridley so i'm not sure what's up there.

Did anyone make a good announcer call sawnd file for ridley yet? the one from crusade that was posted earlier in the thread had only glitch noises for sonic, snake and mewtwo. I'm not sure if it was just a limitation of the crusade announcer or not.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4y5fu7u7thxtwn/R-I-DL-EYYY+announcer+call.rar

It may not be the best edit ever, but I tried. At least it sounds consistent with the rest of the cast. Same quality, same announcer, but a bit of bad editing lol. I included the .wav file in case you want to hear it before using it.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I think I'm willing to pay Bagan to make a Meta Ridley (design from Metroid Prime naturally). No... I am willing to lol.
All that metal... <3
He's gorgeous.
@ Norfair Norfair
It just may be the normal thing then. No edit for it...
@ UltimateHylian UltimateHylian
Where would I pit that file? :-)

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I think I'm willing to pay Bagan to make a Meta Ridley (design from Metroid Prime naturally). No... I am willing to lol.
All that metal... <3
He's gorgeous.
@ Norfair Norfair
It just may be the normal thing then. No edit for it...
@ UltimateHylian UltimateHylian
Where would I pit that file? :-)
The .wav file is there just to be played if you want to hear it first, so you don't need that one. Copy 223.sawnd to *your sd card*/projectm/pf/sfx

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Does Ridley crash training mode in 1.5? Just curious since I haven't downloaded that one yet. While I'm thinking of it, does the game crash when you finish a match when Ridley isn't in it?
Yes, yes, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaáåæææànd yes.

All that metal... <3
He's gorgeous.
No! It must be Meta Baganley!
IT MUST ALWAYS BE META BAGANLEY!!

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ah I can't believe I didn't see the update yet! :(

I'll try it out after work and let @Bagan know what I think.

Also I'll work an a new video for the op if it's any different.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
So.Question.I use libertyernies stage expansion pack on one sd and ridley on another.Is there a way to combine the two gcts or edit the existing ones so I can get the best of both worlds? Or more simply,does anyone know the pm codes so I can make an entirley new gct?

Last edited:
Top Bottom