• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
If I understadn correctly, it just fixed the codes. It shouldn't affect my other existing hacks?
The fixed codes should not affect any of your other existing modifications; I reorganized the costume pointers for Pit, and I added extended costume data for pit in a blank space in memory. I'm pretty confident that none of your hacks will write or be written to that spot in memory, so I don't foresee any complications.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
This was a much needed patch. Although in team battles, Ridley still hurts his allies with his Final Smash, not sure whether that should be considered a glitch or him staying in character.

Also, use Ridley's Final Smash in the Hanenbow stage, and let the hilarity ensue!

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I just noticed that when Ridley dashes, his first few steps are quicker than the continuous running. Or, it's more like, crawling faster than normal.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Why is it that when I use the PM with Ridley it messes up the menu music?

Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that when I use the PM with Ridley it messes up the menu music?

Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem?
What exactly do you experience when you enter the menu? Are you using ggmonx's latest pack? Several known issues have been fixed in it. Also, are you using the homebrew or the hackless method?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
The music is mixed up with a few other songs and some stage music are like this too, hackless.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow. This is so cool. Those throws have to be some of the coolest if not the coolest throws in the game.

A few things:

1. Once again, awesome. It feels so right seeing an actually quality Ridley on the CSS next to Samus, and he feels great. Mostly.
2. Like I said, mostly; his nair feels clunky as hell and doesn't ever seem to actually hit. Apologies if this has been addressed. The timing to l-cancel the dair seems extremely tight, although maybe that's intentional with how solid the dair is.
3. I know there was a recording of the Brawl announcer saying "RIDLEY!"; is it possible to rip that and put it in so he'll stop saying "PIT!"? I know I've seen that done for other characters before, not just including Mewtwo and Roy.
4. I know Kirby hats are low priority, but it'd certainly be cool to see eventually.

All in all love it; hoping for the clone engine release eventually so I can put him over someone besides poor Pit. But for now, he's Ridley, so he's more important.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
3. I know there was a recording of the Brawl announcer saying "RIDLEY!"; is it possible to rip that and put it in so he'll stop saying "PIT!"? I know I've seen that done for other characters before, not just including Mewtwo and Roy.
It is possible indeed, but it will sound awful. Apart from the low quality of that recording you're talking about (I guess you're talking about the one from the "Brawl Announcer Does Some Additional Voicing"), it already has some echo applied. Due to how Brawl's engine manages that, it will sound awful and won't match the rest of the announcer voices at all.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This is so cool. Those throws have to be some of the coolest if not the coolest throws in the game.

A few things:

1. Once again, awesome. It feels so right seeing an actually quality Ridley on the CSS next to Samus, and he feels great. Mostly.
2. Like I said, mostly; his nair feels clunky as hell and doesn't ever seem to actually hit. Apologies if this has been addressed. The timing to l-cancel the dair seems extremely tight, although maybe that's intentional with how solid the dair is.
4. I know Kirby hats are low priority, but it'd certainly be cool to see eventually.

All in all love it; hoping for the clone engine release eventually so I can put him over someone besides poor Pit. But for now, he's Ridley, so he's more important.
I've almost finished a version that you could place over Jigglypuff, Olimar, ROB or Lucas. Once the soundbank is done, I'll post a download link. He won't have as many voice clips, but I was able to salvage a surprising amount of his audio.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I get a freeze when I try to select Toon Link's alternate costumes :( I don't know if it has something to be with the fact that I added the codes by my own, instead of using the .gct file Bagan provided.

EDIT: Can confirm that it may some issue with the files. I switched to vPM .gct and an untouched common5.pac file and still got the freeze.

Also, I made an announcer call for Ridley using various existing calls. It's not thaaat good, but I think it's tolerable lol. At least the quality is just as good as any other character call and doesn't sound out of place (except for the editing lol). So if you'd like to hear some consistency with the announcer, go ahead:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4y5fu7u7thxtwn/R-I-DL-EYYY_announcer_call.rar

I included the .wav file in case you'd like to hear it before installing it.
Thanks.. So which folder would I put that file in? (still kind of a newbie at this, but I did make a replacement for the new .gct that PyotrLuzhin posted earlier)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've almost finished a version that you could place over Jigglypuff, Olimar, ROB or Lucas. Once the soundbank is done, I'll post a download link. He won't have as many voice clips, but I was able to salvage a surprising amount of his audio.
I'll be able to put him over Puff? Hallelujiah!

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
its been I think 1 and half weeks since Bagan said anything....
I am starting to wonder...
Perhaps he's just taking a break because... hm.. y'know... I heard he released a certain mod...

A time- and nerve-consuming project, which took a gigantic amount of work...
So far as I recall, he did it all by himself...
Not sure what it was... but it was enormous. You could almost say...

...it was too big.

yea whatevs i can't remember was probably insignificant then :070:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Ok, I just figured that Ridley's Down Special is OP.
Not only do you have reflector and heavy armor after it, but you also get those buff while charging.
That's pretty crazy.

His getup attack is pretty strong too, aftr 100%. First getup attack I have seen that can be used as a kill move.

Perhaps he's just taking a break because... hm.. y'know... I heard he released a certain mod...

A time- and nerve-consuming project, which took a gigantic amount of work...
So far as I recall, he did it all by himself...
Not sure what it was... but it was enormous. You could almost say...

...it was too big.

yea whatevs i can't remember was probably insignificant then :070:
Subtle.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure whether or not this is a glitch or not, but sometimes when I use Ridley's aerial down special (the one where he pounces down onto the ground and creates a mini-shockwave) instead of falling down quickly he slowly falls down. Only reason why I think it might not be a glitch is because I've had something similar happen with Sonic and Zero Suit Samus in Brawl with their Dair that catapults them downwards. I'll make a quick video of it later showing what I mean, because it looks kind of silly when Ridley slowly descends with a move that's intended to be a quick drop.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not sure whether or not this is a glitch or not, but sometimes when I use Ridley's aerial down special (the one where he pounces down onto the ground and creates a mini-shockwave) instead of falling down quickly he slowly falls down. Only reason why I think it might not be a glitch is because I've had something similar happen with Sonic and Zero Suit Samus in Brawl with their Dair that catapults them downwards. I'll make a quick video of it later showing what I mean, because it looks kind of silly when Ridley slowly descends with a move that's intended to be a quick drop.
That's in Sm4sh too, does it happen after you get launched upwards?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
It's momentum based, it sends you straight down, but because you're flying upwards, you slow down
Ok, thanks. I may make a mod showcase video later on this week once I've figured out how to get my recording setup to work properly. Look forward to that!

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
Would it at all be possible to have a version that replaces Ice Climbers instead of Pit? I use my PM build with a group of people and I along with another friend play Pit, but absolutely no one ever touches the climbers.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Would it at all be possible to have a version that replaces Ice Climbers instead of Pit? I use my PM build with a group of people and I along with another friend play Pit, but absolutely no one ever touches the climbers.
There would have to be a bunch of coding because IC are 2 people

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Any chance someone could put the old announcer file back but use the times he's said Ridley to make the css names sound normal? I know it's a minor thing but I think it'd be pretty cool. I can't find it at the moment but I could have swore the Smash announcer was asked to say several characters names at a con once and Ridley was one of them. He also said Ridleys name several times during the 50 fact direct where they showed off that god awful hazard "Ridley".

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I don't think the Sm4sh announcer said "Ridley" outside the 50 Fact video, because it would have landed trouble on him.

Though, as a temporarily suggestion, I say, use Ridley's scream as his name announcement in meanwhile?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
actually, this is an interesting proposition. I'll look into it and test it out, because I think I might be able to make that happen. I can't promise anything, but my method might work for the climbers.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Sm4sh announcer said "Ridley" outside the 50 Fact video, because it would have landed trouble on him.

Though, as a temporarily suggestion, I say, use Ridley's scream as his name announcement in meanwhile?
I like the idea of using his scream. Though I coulda swore he said a bunch of different names at a con back when Brawl came out. If he didn't though, one of the times he says his name in the fifty fact thing should be good for his css selection.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well. I think I now know where PM Crew got their Roy and Mewtwo clips from.

Pretty sure using Ridley would fit pretty well as well, considering it's the BRAWL's announcer.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
This has been brought up so many times:
The clip is too low-quality and already has an echo on it. The Brawl engine does this manually so basically it'd sound absolutely ****ty in-game.

The PM Crew made the announcer clips for Mewtwo and Roy themselves by editing other clips. (For example: The "oy" in "Roy" is the one from "Grab the Coins". It's pretty obvious once you hear it.)

Top Bottom