• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I wish Project M online was still a thing. My dear Ridley. <3
Oh yeah, what was his new (grounded) Down Special supposed to be?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Well hey you never know, some fans might make a server for PM like the fan server for MK Wii

DPBOX

Smash Rookie
AceGamer said:
Well hey you never know, some fans might make a server for PM like the fan server for MK Wii
I believe that's already possible. You still can't play "with anyone" though. You must still play "with friends".

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
There's also the option of using BrawlEx to make Ridley a full-out cloned slot (like Mewtwo to Lucario and Roy to Marth) without having to replace Pit; that way, Pit doesn't get erased to have Ridley in; I think that'd be the best way to go just so it feels more like an actual new fighter and not a replacement.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
There's also the option of using BrawlEx to make Ridley a full-out cloned slot (like Mewtwo to Lucario and Roy to Marth) without having to replace Pit; that way, Pit doesn't get erased to have Ridley in; I think that'd be the best way to go just so it feels more like an actual new fighter and not a replacement.
the problem with that method currently is that the current BrawlEx port of Ridley still uses Pit's sounds. If that kink gets iron out, then by all means go for it. But for now, this is the only way (unless @PyotrLuzhin comes back from who-knows-what and makes that addition he mentioned way back.)

Edit: :4greninja:'d; he was last seen on Tuesday on his profile (yep, on here you can check when the last time someone was online if you have an account)

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
the problem with that method currently is that the current BrawlEx port of Ridley still uses Pit's sounds. If that kink gets iron out, then by all means go for it. But for now, this is the only way (unless @PyotrLuzhin comes back from who-knows-what and makes that addition he mentioned way back.)
That should actually an easy fix; just copy the .sawnd file containing his sounds from the normal version and rename it to the new slot's ID number (so instead of 10.sawnd, you name it to whatever slot Ridley has in the BrawlEX system); if done right, that should reassign that file to the ID (Ridley's ID) and thus Ridley will have his regular sounds.

But I haven't actually used the BrawlEX port, so maybe I'm totally wrong. :p

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That should actually an easy fix; just copy the .sawnd file containing his sounds from the normal version and rename it to the new slot's ID number (so instead of 10.sawnd, you name it to whatever slot Ridley has in the BrawlEX system); if done right, that should reassign that file to the ID (Ridley's ID) and thus Ridley will have his regular sounds.

Only one way to find out...

TO BE CONTINUED... TOMORROW!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh Gods do something guys!
Ask and you shall receive.
Awesome. That begs the question... Would someone do that honour of replacing Mewtwo for Ridley?
I assume I could find that here? I will tinker with that after you finished him and we got someone to "eliminate" Mewtwo for him.
Microsoft Sam? Is there a way to make him sound like the announcer and say Ridley?
Ah good. Can't have something spoil all the fun you know?
Also, the idea of having his frozen body as a trophy really made me laugh. Thanks for that.
That certainly won't be me.
F***, forgot to put the link.

No. But you can have fun with names like this. Replace Link with Zelda, Samus with Metroid, Ridley with Ridley Motherf***er, etc.

Of course.
NUUUUUUUU!!! WHY LUCARIO?! D: He's the best Pokémon out there!

:mewtwopm:

......Second-best....

:jigglypuff:

....Third...?

I like Lucario too much to let him go, is what I'm saying.
Because his files doesn't crashes when i try to edit it?
Mewtwo>Pokemon>Ridley Just my opinion
Ridley>Everything.
This is a fact.
Netplay is still a thing...
He jumps, goes into flight mode (which is Mewtwo's hover, but lasts for longer and can be used as long as there is some "fuel" left, like with vBrawl ROB's Up B). If used in the air while holding B button, he will go into flight mode instead of using his normal aerial Down B. None of this will be in 2.0 though.

...thats not how its done. And he also needs his GFX to be fixed. But DarkDeity from KC-MM said he will fix it since he is making a BrawlEx pack.
Yes, it is, but its rather unstable.

All of this Lucario stuff still has to wait until that bug is fixed, something i don't expect to hapen for a while.
Anyway, Down Taunt is done:

I added a hitbox to the...fire saliva...spit...whatever that is. It deals only 8% damage, there is no knockback on it at all (still makes you flinch) and range is very limited. Its kinda like Zelda's damaging taunts. It can't really be used for anything other than blowing up Blast Boxes and annoying your opponent. Can be seen in action here:

Also, i updated GFX for his firebreath. Now it looks better:

Only Final Smash was left with its old GFX. Other than that, i made all images required for new readme. All specials have their names too and i think they are kinda lame:
  • Neutral B - Norfair's Flames
  • Side B - Pulverize (ground version) and Dragon's Grip (aerial version)
  • Down B - Varia Armor (ground version) and Bone Crusher (aerial version)
  • Up B - Dragon Loop (it pretty much is same as Shuttle Loop anyway)
  • Final Smash - Hellfire (...yeah...ow the edge...?)
I can't be creative with names, ye know.
Note: all images shown have outdated wing textures - that purple thing was fixed. Just forgot to put updated version on the SD card.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Ask and you shall receive.

All of this Lucario stuff still has to wait until that bug is fixed, something i don't expect to hapen for a while.
Anyway, Down Taunt is done:

I added a hitbox to the...fire saliva...spit...whatever that is. It deals only 8% damage, there is no knockback on it at all (still makes you flinch) and range is very limited. Its kinda like Zelda's damaging taunts. It can't really be used for anything other than blowing up Blast Boxes and annoying your opponent. Can be seen in action here:

Also, i updated GFX for his firebreath. Now it looks better:

Only Final Smash was left with its old GFX. Other than that, i made all images required for new readme. All specials have their names too and i think they are kinda lame:
  • Neutral B - Dragon's Flames
  • Side B - Destroyer (ground version) and Dragon's Rage (aerial version)
  • Down B - Varia Armor (ground version) and Bone Cracker (aerial version)
  • Up B - Dragon Slash Swoop.
  • Final Smash - The flame's of Norfair.
I can't be creative with names, ye know but Wolley can.
Note: all images shown have outdated wing textures - that purple thing was fixed. Just forgot to put updated version on the SD card.
Fixed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
IMO, Bone Crushes is more fitting (especially in the new version since now its a meteor smash and results in opponent getting crushed by Ridley and launched up), Dragon Slash Swoop sounds funny, and Destroyer isn't as fitting as Pulverize (since thats what he would do if that would be a game that would allow such things, like Mortal Kombat). Im fine with others.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
IMO, Bone Crushes is more fitting (especially in the new version since now its a meteor smash and results in opponent getting crushed by Ridley and launched up), Dragon Slash Swoop sounds funny, and Destroyer isn't as fitting as Pulverize (since thats what he would do if that would be a game that would allow such things, like Mortal Kombat). Im fine with others.
Alright then, When is the release going to be?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
So no more stun taunt? Cuz I actually used that like a move.
Oh boy, now we gotta hunt for YET ANOTHER person. Ah my life lol!
Looking good though. I still miss old Up B. I need a custom model for me. Time to get good with code.
Is it me or does he look more... Ferocious?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright then, When is the release going to be?
When i will ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F___ER.
In other words, idunno.
So no more stun taunt? Cuz I actually used that like a move.
Oh boy, now we gotta hunt for YET ANOTHER person. Ah my life lol!
Looking good though. I still miss old Up B. I need a custom model for me. Time to get good with code.
Is it me or does he look more... Ferocious?
Its still there. I just moved it to Up Taunt. Would be more fitting. It just will be harder to hit with.
Yeah...hate when things like this happen.
Code? Why code? Because models are not related to any codes.
...Where and why?

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
When i will ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F___ER.
In other words, idunno.

Its still there. I just moved it to Up Taunt. Would be more fitting.
Yeah...hate when things like this happen.
Code? Why code? Because models are not related to any codes.
...Where and why?
Thank God.
Its not your fault lol!
And I don't know things Bagan. I just test them!
Plus I'm not gonna ask you to make me a custom model, that's just rude, what you've given me is good enough, so if I want to change something I should do it.
I... I don't know where and why! He looks more ferocious than before... Somehow.
You know what? He's shaping up to be Zero Mission Ridley. (Which is a vety good thing as it has many traits the others had)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Thank God.
Its not your fault lol!
And I don't know things Bagan. I just test them!
Plus I'm not gonna ask you to make me a custom model, that's just rude, what you've given me is good enough, so if I want to change something I should do it.
I... I don't know where and why! He looks more ferocious than before... Somehow.
You know what? He's shaping up to be Zero Mission Ridley. (Which is a vety good thing as it has many traits the others had)
I know.
Not that i would be able to do it outside of just changing proportions...

More like a hybrid design. He has proportions (outside of wings and tail) and overall look of Other M Ridley, but he also has Zero Mission Ridley's jaws length (not a huge overbite, but not equal either), tail (spiked segments) and beak (not too curved, but not flat either) and maybe some other design's teeth since ZM Ridley's teeth are short and more like cones and this Ridley's teeth are long and curved.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I know.
Not that i would be able to do it outside of just changing proportions...

More like a hybrid design. He has proportions (outside of wings and tail) and overall look of Other M Ridley, but he also has Zero Mission Ridley's jaws length (not a huge overbite, but not equal either), tail (spiked segments) and beak (not too curved, but not flat either) and maybe some other design's teeth since ZM Ridley's teeth are short and more like cones and this Ridley's teeth are long and curved.
Is Prime's teeth accurate?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity if this ever became an official PM mod, what would you do?
Main him and adapt to changes done to him since those obviously would be done to make him more stable (as in glitch-free) and balanced, make several videos, commit mass murder to make my day even better, go to the Ridley section of PM Characters discussion. You know, common things people do in such cases.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Main him and adapt to changes done to him since those obviously would be done to make him more stable (as in glitch-free) and balanced, make several videos, commit mass murder to make my day even better, go to the Ridley section of PM Characters discussion. You know, common things people do in such cases.
As I thought. Drop your Ridley for an official one.
I kinda want you to be in their team rather than some plucky efforts. Not saying I want you to work on Ridley forever, but this is your baby.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
As I thought. Drop your Ridley for an official one.
I kinda want you to be in their team rather than some plucky efforts. Not saying I want you to work on Ridley forever, but this is your baby.
Well, i wouldn't drop mine. I didn't said that. Some of my ideas are unacceptable for PMDT.
While i can do some good stuff, they without any doubt have members with more experience and better (is this the right word?) skills. And its my creation, not my baby, because i actually care about it.
Someone make an image of this, please. :p
...that would be rather...disturbing...

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Sure, the only metroid game i played was Super Metroid on a snes emu on a PS2, and i have a Metroid Prime copy for wii(never played), but i'm ok with that size, since he's not going to be a official character.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The metroid game he's 8'4.
RUINED FOREVER!

...anyway, to get back to the topic...
Have i already said anything about new FThrow? Here it is:

Just a simple claw slash. He steps forward while swinging his arm rather than just standing in one spot. I may change it to be :4mewtwo:'s FThrow (i know :mewtwomelee: had it too, but it worked a bit differently), except adapted to Ridley (so, it would be fireballs instead of shadow balls) because that way it won't be as boring.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
that sounds kinda non canon, like a super crash bandicoot
Why exactly? He won't use shadow balls (he has fireballs for that and he can shoot them from his mouth at any time) or telekinesis (he has his long arms for that), so, whats wrong with that? And there won't be any problems with it being similar to another character's throw since no one in PM has such throw.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Have i already said anything about new FThrow? Here it is:

Just a simple claw slash. He steps forward while swinging his arm rather than just standing in one spot. I may change it to be :4mewtwo:'s FThrow (i know :mewtwomelee: had it too, but it worked a bit differently), except adapted to Ridley (so, it would be fireballs instead of shadow balls) because that way it won't be as boring.
I can imagine seeing Ridley hold his opponent in place in midair using his tail and bombard them with fireballs.

Top Bottom