• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
But first, i need to make sure you meet requirements:
  • Can you use all of the fancy AT stuff in PM?
  • Can you easily beat lv9 CPUs?
  • Are you used to fast or slow characters?
  • Can you use characters that are more about aerial stuff than fighting on the ground?
  • Do you have any kind of e-mail adress? I be needin' t' send files t' me crew after all.
And thats it.
1. I can l cancel regularly and can kinda wavedash.
2. yes
3. used to med speed chars like Ike and roy(used to disjoints)

Lastly Ill do my best but I may not be able to post feed back within a day due to real life stuff but will try to post as often as necessary.

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Also, is it possible to use Giga Bowser's final smash files to make an Omega Ridley Final Smash transformation from Prime 3? that would be sooooooooooooo cool.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Just a recommendation guys, maybe you should message Bagan directly instead of disclosing your email accounts publicly. I can't imagine anything bad would happen but it would be a shame if something did as a result.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
1. I can l cancel regularly and can kinda wavedash.
2. yes
3. used to med speed chars like Ike and roy(used to disjoints)

Lastly Ill do my best but I may not be able to post feed back within a day due to real life stuff but will try to post as often as necessary.
  • A bit irregularly, but yes.
  • Of course!
  • Both, but in P:M I'm used to mid-ranged speeds.
  • Yes, absoulutely.
  • Me email address be ultradester306@hotmail.ca, me captain!
Ok, thats 2 now. Files required will be sent once i'll have at least 2 more.
Just a recommendation guys, maybe you should message Bagan directly instead of disclosing your email accounts publicly. I can't imagine anything bad would happen but it would be a shame if something did as a result.
Good idea.
Also, is it possible to use Giga Bowser's final smash files to make an Omega Ridley Final Smash transformation from Prime 3? that would be sooooooooooooo cool.
No, its not possible and even if it would be, i wouldn't do that.

Also, FThrow is not going to change. That FThrow idea i had didn't worked on all characters. Some fell out too quickly, others were just barely out of reach, etc. Its just completly unreliable.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Hey Bagan I want to ask you something, You said after you were done with this mod you said that you might want to work on other character's right?, well I was wondering if you we're interested in doing Metal Face / Mumkhar?

It would be pretty to see you make Metal Face fighter like what you did with Ridley, Mumkhar might be easier to do though since someone has already made a mod of him over Wolf, even if you say no at least think about it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey Bagan I want to ask you something, You said after you were done with this mod you said that you might want to work on other character's right?, well I was wondering if you we're interested in doing Metal Face / Mumkhar?

It would be pretty to see you make Metal Face fighter like what you did with Ridley, Mumkhar might be easier to do though since someone has already made a mod of him over Wolf, even if you say no at least think about it.
Kinda. Metal Face (but not Mumkhar because humans are boring) would certainly be one of character i would at least try to make. Just need to do some research on him and his model. I already have his sounds and his voice. He will make less sense scaled down though because...well, you know. I know at least 2 things - sword trails on his claws would never disappear or at least rarely and character i would put him over would be ROB because of his laser beam (which can be used for his head cannon thing) and Up B (which can be used for his flight).
Also, i decided to not make K.Rool because...well, you'll find out soon or later. Nothing personal. But i won't spoil anything. I'll just say that its not related to PMDT.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
  • Can you use characters that are more about aerial stuff than fighting on the ground?
  • Do you have any kind of e-mail adress? I be needin' t' send files t' me crew after all.
And thats it.
AT?
Yes.
Yes.
I'm an even mix of both.
Yeah sure.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
2.0 Ridley looks dope AF, Bagan. As a Ganon main, i can't wait to play around with the new side B.

Also, i'd love to help with testing:
And thats it.
Yes.
Yes.
I'm more used to slow characters, but i can handle fast ones too (except Fox).
Yes, yes, yes.
I do, i'll send it to you.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
  • Do you have any kind of e-mail address? I be needin' t' send files t' me crew after all.
And thats it.
1. I can't do ATs effectively for battle. The best I have ever done is Luigi's wavedash but that's super easy to do. I can do L-canceling though.
2. Level 9 CPUs are scrubs in this game. I destroy teams of three with team attack off with Ridley all the time.
3. I'm not good with super fast characters like Sonic and Shiek. I'm really good with moderately speedy characters like Samus and Kirby. Give me a good heavy weight like King Dedede (or Ridley) and I can be really good.
4. Doesn't matter for me, I'm proficient in both forms of combat.
5.I do have an email address. I'll shoot a Private message to you with it.

I would also like to tell you that I happen to mess around with the game quite a bit. Things such as messing with stage hazards and items. I also enjoy playing Subspace Emissary. It's these that have helped me find things such as Ridley surviving the Ultimate Chimera (doesn't work any more) and Pitley (the horrible abomination that I showed you during 1.7). If I found anything new I would definitely tell you.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I'll research how to perform them then I'll let you know. I'd prefer to master these (if I haven't already) if I were a tester. AT...
Scratch that, I know these, but never use them.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
And thats it.
I have never used ATs before.
Lv9's I can handle just fine.
I like both play styles. I'm very versatile.
I can do aerial combat.
I will pm the address to you if you'll have me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes.
Yes.
I'm more used to slow characters, but i can handle fast ones too (except Fox).
Yes, yes, yes.
I do, i'll send it to you.
1. I can't do ATs effectively for battle. The best I have ever done is Luigi's wavedash but that's super easy to do. I can do L-canceling though.
2. Level 9 CPUs are scrubs in this game. I destroy teams of three with team attack off with Ridley all the time.
3. I'm not good with super fast characters like Sonic and Shiek. I'm really good with moderately speedy characters like Samus and Kirby. Give me a good heavy weight like King Dedede (or Ridley) and I can be really good.
4. Doesn't matter for me, I'm proficient in both forms of combat.
5.I do have an email address. I'll shoot a Private message to you with it.

I would also like to tell you that I happen to mess around with the game quite a bit. Things such as messing with stage hazards and items. I also enjoy playing Subspace Emissary. It's these that have helped me find things such as Ridley surviving the Ultimate Chimera (doesn't work any more) and Pitley (the horrible abomination that I showed you during 1.7). If I found anything new I would definitely tell you.
I have never used ATs before.
Lv9's I can handle just fine.
I like both play styles. I'm very versatile.
I can do aerial combat.
I will pm the address to you if you'll have me.
Good. Will send files today (today for me at least - its 2:16 AM here and my eyesight already is failing) and probably will have something else finished other than improved UTilt:

It deals 8% on sourspot and 13% on sweetspot and can hit behind him. It has longer start up (17 instead of 13) and hitboxes disappear earlier (13 frames instead of 17) while still having same (or higher, don't remember) end lag (15 frames). Animation itself looks like this without any GFX and from the other side:

It looks a lot better than before. A lot less sliding and doesn't looks as similar to nB as it was before. I also want to remake FTilt because it doesn't fits SSB animation style at its current state. Its too smooth (not as in it has very high quality and more like overall movement during the animation) while SSB animations usually have sudden movement at some points in animations.
Ok then...er...And i'll see YOU in the next time...buh bye!
...am i stealing anything?

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Good. Will send files today (today for me at least - its 2:16 AM here and my eyesight already is failing) and probably will have something else finished other than improved UTilt:

It deals 8% on sourspot and 13% on sweetspot and can hit behind him. It has longer start up (17 instead of 13) and hitboxes disappear earlier (13 frames instead of 17) while still having same (or higher, don't remember) end lag (15 frames). Animation itself looks like this without any GFX and from the other side:

It looks a lot better than before. A lot less sliding and doesn't looks as similar to nB as it was before. I also want to remake FTilt because it doesn't fits SSB animation style at its current state. Its too smooth (not as in it has very high quality and more like overall movement during the animation) while SSB animations usually have sudden movement at some points in animations.
Ok then...er...And i'll see YOU in the next time...buh bye!
...am i stealing anything?
Hum, that left leg REALLY needs more movement, it feels weird being static like that. The rest of the animation looks good, and the flames are gorgeous.

Do I hear a Markiplier fan? :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hum, that left leg REALLY needs more movement, it feels weird being static like that. The rest of the animation looks good, and the flames are gorgeous.

Do I hear a Markiplier fan? :D
I think it needs less movement since it slides noticably...when viewed close enough. And it looks better when viewed from the other side.

...maybe...he is entertaining to watch.
...thats also the only outro line i can remember other than "*something" and take care."

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If I'd reccommend any minor animation tweaks, it'd be making the animations more dynamic (modifying foot position to make it more natural, etc.); as it is, some animations look pretty weird due to odd bone positioning; stuff like the running stop make him seem less like he's skidding and more like he's on a slippery surface.

But that's just a small thing that just bugs me a little. :p

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
May I ask why it's not possible to use an altered version of Giga Bowser's files for Ridley? As far as I know, the PMBR managed to do something similar with M2 and Roy's final smashes (altered versions of Lucario's and Marth's respectively). I'm just curious is all.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Biggest problem with your animations is that the left leg is almost always static. Have it move or stretch or whatever would help with making it look realistic.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
May I ask why it's not possible to use an altered version of Giga Bowser's files for Ridley? As far as I know, the PMBR managed to do something similar with M2 and Roy's final smashes (altered versions of Lucario's and Marth's respectively). I'm just curious is all.
Because Giga bowser is essentially another character whereas m2 and roy's final smashes are part of the moveset files and project m hasn't released their version of the clone engine so we cannot add characters just replace them

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Because Giga bowser is essentially another character whereas m2 and roy's final smashes are part of the moveset files and project m hasn't released their version of the clone engine so we cannot add characters just replace them
So hypothetically, if Bagan did have the PMBR's version of the clone engine, could he add an Omega Ridley final smash? Or would it still be impossible?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Will he inject Phazon like Bane does his concoction?
Bagan I did want in the team... If you don't mind...
I have keen eyes on detail. :3

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Im not using Bowser nor Wario as a base for him, so, no. And i wouldn't do it anyway.
So hypothetically, if Bagan did have the PMBR's version of the clone engine, could he add an Omega Ridley final smash? Or would it still be impossible?
It probably would be, but Ridley wouldn't have much stuff and animation limits would most likely put an end to it.
Will he inject Phazon like Bane does his concoction?
Bagan I did want in the team... If you don't mind...
I have keen eyes on detail. :3
I don't mind.
If I'd reccommend any minor animation tweaks, it'd be making the animations more dynamic (modifying foot position to make it more natural, etc.); as it is, some animations look pretty weird due to odd bone positioning; stuff like the running stop make him seem less like he's skidding and more like he's on a slippery surface.

But that's just a small thing that just bugs me a little. :p
Which animations? And im not sure how to fix running stop.
Biggest problem with your animations is that the left leg is almost always static. Have it move or stretch or whatever would help with making it look realistic.
I'll probably fix it along with sliding issue.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I think Ridley would have more of a Yoshi final Smash in my opinion as opposed to giga bowser.
Not to mention I feel he was more of a threat in Metroid Prime as Meta Ridley as opposed to Corruption's Omega, he was more intelligent. It was backed up by the creators saying MP1's battle was vastly more difficult.
Bagan I have a suggestion! Also pming my email.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
I think Ridley would have more of a Yoshi final Smash in my opinion as opposed to giga bowser.
Not to mention I feel he was more of a threat in Metroid Prime as Meta Ridley as opposed to Corruption's Omega, he was more intelligent. It was backed up by the creators saying MP1's battle was vastly more difficult.
Imo MP3 was also much easier than MP1

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Although the in-game fight against omega ridley in MP3 was easier than in MP1, canonically (according to the logbook scannings anyway) Omega Ridley is more powerful than Meta Ridley, look: "Revived and regenerated through Phazon exposure, Omega Ridley has been energized to a new combat threat level. Target retains extremely durable, Phazon-enhanced armorskin, as well as protective armored plating" so it would make more sense to choose him as his final smash over Meta Ridley.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Although the in-game fight against omega ridley in MP3 was easier than in MP1, canonically (according to the logbook scannings anyway) Omega Ridley is more powerful than Meta Ridley, look: "Revived and regenerated through Phazon exposure, Omega Ridley has been energized to a new combat threat level. Target retains extremely durable, Phazon-enhanced armorskin, as well as protective armored plating" so it would make more sense to choose him as his final smash over Meta Ridley.
Oh I know haha. I wasn't suggesting Meta become the smash (I want him to be an alt). Though we (somehow) need a way to get Omega in there, hence my joke with the Bane juice comparison. I dunno, a supercharged Ridley would do (in a similar style to Yoshi's, completely aerial combat with quite a few moves in mind).
I have a neat idea for that things move set but no idea if we'd have enough space or if Bagan is capable (not doubting him).

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Oh I know haha. I wasn't suggesting Meta become the smash (I want him to be an alt). Though we (somehow) need a way to get Omega in there, hence my joke with the Bane juice comparison. I dunno, a supercharged Ridley would do (in a similar style to Yoshi's, completely aerial combat with quite a few moves in mind).
I have a neat idea for that things move set but no idea if we'd have enough space or if Bagan is capable (not doubting him).
Yeah, at this point I'm just wondering why Bagan wouldn't even want to do something like this

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Also, i decided to not make K.Rool because...well, you'll find out soon or later. Nothing personal. But i won't spoil anything. I'll just say that its not related to PMDT.
New model made by someone else? I still hope that K Rool will get a legitimate move-set and not be a Dedede skin like I've seen on the vault...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Which animations? And im not sure how to fix running stop.
The running stop animation should just be fixed by modifying the foot position to make it look less like he's sliding and more like skidding, really. The only other animations that really need tweaking are really the aerial cracker launcher fire (which would look slightly better if more than his legs, tail and head reacted, like his wings) and some other miscelaneous tweaks to make it look a little better.

On the Omega Ridley thing; I already asked Bagan and this is the answer I had gotten;
I doubt it will work. It can be done, but not with such complex model and it would require rigging a new model and in such case its better to spend this time on alt costume. And even then, this Final Smash makes no sense since it requires Ridley to loose half of his body, its a downgrade in a very important part (speed) and i just hate transformation Final Smashes. Current Final Smash is fine as it is. Well, except for the animation. Either way, all kinds of transformation Final Smashes are out of question from both personal reasons and because it can't be done.
So the answer is that Omega Ridley's most likely method of inclusion is being an alt costume, not a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
...Or a Final Smash for Meta Ridley. :-3
Either way, its not necessarily Bagan's "not wanting to do this" as him "not being able to". Gotta remember he's a team of one who occasionally gets some freelancer work. Not to say the help he gets isn't reliable no no! Its just not often.
Regardless, had this been a final smash he could implement his own variations of moves from the Ridley boss battle in Brawl. Example being and don't quote me, but that tail grind he does in that fight. He could add that as a normal melee attack, along with neutral fireball special like yoshi's smash, along with that air game, perhaps that gust of wind as a forward special, the loop up special he already has (no glide since infinite air game, think Meta Knight), and so on. I dunno its unlikely we'd get that due to its inconveniences, but its fun to think about.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That would require either using inferiour base or have him without projectiles.
Yeah, he is more difficult from what i've heard (still haven't finished MP because playing as walking camera with an arm cannon attached isn't fun, so, can't really tell if he is more difficult or not and i haven't even tried MP3 yet) because there is no god mode in that game.
What kind of suggestion?
But it doesn't makes much sense to have either one at all...
What kind of idea?
New model made by someone else? I still hope that K Rool will get a legitimate move-set and not be a Dedede skin like I've seen on the vault...
No, its better. But i won't tell what exactly. Only that its not just a model.
The running stop animation should just be fixed by modifying the foot position to make it look less like he's sliding and more like skidding, really. The only other animations that really need tweaking are really the aerial cracker launcher fire (which would look slightly better if more than his legs, tail and head reacted, like his wings) and some other miscelaneous tweaks to make it look a little better.
I can't really tell difference between skidding and sliding. I'll try to look at other characters' animations then.
Haven't really gotten much feedback on cracker launcher stuff...Other than that it is misaligned (only because i can't really make him aim down properly without the launcher clipping through the ground since he has long arms and kinda-but-not-really short legs).
...Or a Final Smash for Meta Ridley. :-3
Either way, its not necessarily Bagan's "not wanting to do this" as him "not being able to". Gotta remember he's a team of one who occasionally gets some freelancer work. Not to say the help he gets isn't reliable no no! Its just not often.
Regardless, had this been a final smash he could implement his own variations of moves from the Ridley boss battle in Brawl. Example being and don't quote me, but that tail grind he does in that fight. He could add that as a normal melee attack, along with neutral fireball special like yoshi's smash, along with that air game, perhaps that gust of wind as a forward special, the loop up special he already has (no glide since infinite air game, think Meta Knight), and so on. I dunno its unlikely we'd get that due to its inconveniences, but its fun to think about.
I could do a lot of stuff even without Brawl boss fight. Oh, and that tail grind attack will return, but for other Ridley.

Ok, im sending the files. Gonna take a while for me though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All files sent to all 6 of testers. There is few rules on the whole thing though. Read them in the message i sent.
Oh, and have a nice day.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
You ever play Marvel vs Capom 3? When a character gained the upper hand their theme started playing. Instead of a chant was wondering if segment of themesong could be played.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
You ever play Marvel vs Capom 3? When a character gained the upper hand their theme started playing. Instead of a chant was wondering if segment of themesong could be played.
Actually the theme switched when ever a new character came in and it'd be kinda weird to just hear a snipet of a theme song. It works in MvC3 because the theme keeps playing till another character switches in lol

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Actually the theme switched when ever a new character came in and it'd be kinda weird to just hear a snipet of a theme song. It works in MvC3 because the theme keeps playing till another character switches in lol
However it worked lol (didn't play the game much).

Bagan emailed you an issue. Though I'm not going to triple email you so I'll state here.
He still retains the Assist Trophy issue here on a Wii. Glued to his hand... Claw... Whatever haha.

Top Bottom