• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, what's the expected time frame for release(beta or full character, whatever floats your boat and schedule)?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Looking at your wonderful model.... How the hell did Sakitai say it's impossible to make Ridley playable? You aren't even a professional game designer and you made Ridley look wonderful and ferocious! You caught all things that made Ridley great into playable form! Seriously how does a professional like sakurai can't do so wthing like this!? He can make a yoga instructor, a space princess who only makes barriers playable and unique but said Ridley can't happen and said he's dull? So annoying. I really hope your Ridley becomes official for PM! O really hope it becomes true! :)
Sakurai: I don't want Ridley playable in Smash Bros because I want to accurately portray him by making him a boss that fights for the player that beat him up too much. So all the players can take turns beating on Ridley so Ridley will switch sides all the time. What fun! What joy!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Okay if I want to add Ridley into my personal build, but don't want to replace a character slot, what can I do?

Because this mod is really good and I want the metroid series to get more representation in Project M.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Okay if I want to add Ridley into my personal build, but don't want to replace a character slot, what can I do?

Because this mod is really good and I want the metroid series to get more representation in Project M.
BrawlEX.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

In Brawl, BrawlEx of course. BUT if you use Project M, then you have no choice since they use their own clone engine and we don't know how it actually works.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
In Brawl, BrawlEx of course. BUT if you use Project M, then you have no choice since they use their own clone engine and we don't know how it actually works.
unless Project EX get's up to 3.5's new look, then I have no choice...

*sigh*

Edit: or by PM's last release, if no new characters are made, have 3 or so "blank" character slots for custom characters and such (though this is a major pipe dream)

Last edited:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
unless Project EX get's up to 3.5's new look, then I have no choice...

*sigh*
Hopefully someone not necessarily project ex does make the brawl ex compatible with project m 3.5, Their are several characters, not just Ridley I would like to clone in.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hopefully someone not necessarily project ex does make the brawl ex compatible with project m 3.5, Their are several characters, not just Ridley I would like to clone in.
STABLE BrawlEx for Project M.

So, OP is updated yet again to include links to those gifs and now has proper name - Unofficial Project M Ridley. Other, more important news - yet another bug was found out after model was fixed:

His feet now sink into the ground during animations like running animation. In animation, as you can see on one of the previous pages, it doesn't looks like this. His feet remain properly posed on the ground. It isn't present on attacks fortunately and is only on few animations, but still should be fixed.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Only new model because proportions are too different and brawl model is a lot bigger (2x bigger), so, it can't be used.

Speaking of it, KingJigglypuff/ofChaos/ofDreamland/whatever name he is using right now rescaled model, so, it has normal size now! This means i will have to fix all animations already done. Fortunately, i didn't went too far, so, it won't take more than 3 hours.
Were you talking about this model?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30460

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Got a couple things made for this mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq32v8wh6jz9r4d/RIDLEY.wav?dl=0

The above link is for the announcer's voice when you select Ridley. (I tinkered with a clip I found on brawl vault)

Finally:

That's the Character name that goes under Ridley's CSP; font is genuine, the First letter is 4 point's bigger than the other all caps letters.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Got a couple things made for this mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq32v8wh6jz9r4d/RIDLEY.wav?dl=0

The above link is for the announcer's voice when you select Ridley. (I tinkered with a clip I found on brawl vault)

Finally:

That's the Character name that goes under Ridley's CSP; font is genuine, the First letter is 4 point's bigger than the other all caps letters.
Thanks for the CSP name. That announcer call is better than one already available on brawl vault, but there is too much echo.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thanks for the CSP name. That announcer call is better than one already available on brawl vault, but there is too much echo.
Well it was voiced by the offical Brawl announcer and I don't know how to remove the echo, so this is the best for now. All I did was take the one from brawl vault and got rid of the "fizz" noise that happens when there's silence, and experimented with Audacity's high and low pass filter until I found a suitable volume (The original clip was WAY louder). Not to mention, the announcer clips for Mewtwo and Roy have a bit of echo to them as well. (Presumably due to these guys having the same source for the clips)

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Well it was voiced by the offical Brawl announcer and I don't know how to remove the echo, so this is the best for now. All I did was take the one from brawl vault and got rid of the "fizz" noise that happens when there's silence, and experimented with Audacity's high and low pass filter until I found a suitable volume (The original clip was WAY louder). Not to mention, the announcer clips for Mewtwo and Roy have a bit of echo to them as well. (Presumably due to these guys having the same source for the clips)
The PMDT grabbed some existing voice clips and edited them to get Mewtwo and Roy's announcer voice clips. Roy was made from "gRab the cOIns".

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The PMDT grabbed some existing voice clips and edited them to get Mewtwo and Roy's announcer voice clips. Roy was made from "gRab the cOIns".
Then where did Mewtwo come from, aside from the "TWO" clip the announcer says during the count down?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll see if it will sound well in-game and then decide. Maybe it isn't noticable.
Then where did Mewtwo come from, aside from the "TWO" clip the announcer says during the count down?
Thats a good question. It says "Meeewtwo!" and there is nothing like that.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I remember that Thany got the "Roy" soundclip from the announcer saying "Battle ROYale"

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
It may not be the Brawl announcer, but I took a clip from the 50 fact extravawhatever of Smash4's announcer saying 'Ridley'. You can use it if you want.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it's possible to use the five remaining clone slots in Project M. In my own personal build, I've added characters WITHOUT BrawlEX, but only certain characters work as of right now. I also can't confirm whether the process is completely glitch-free, although I personally haven't encountered anything too weird. However, for now, I won't divulge the specifics, since I don't want to be responsible for save corruption, bugs, etc. caused by people performing the process incorrectly.

Last edited:

Ezoroth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Generalray
3DS FC
0877-1587-0191
Wow that's amazing.
I need to get my wii back and a copy of SSBB to install project M.
Brace yourselves, Ridley is coming...
(I'M RIDLEY FEELIN IT! :4shulk:)

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it's possible to use the five remaining clone slots in Project M. In my own personal build, I've added characters WITHOUT BrawlEX, but only certain characters work as of right now. I also can't confirm whether the process is completely glitch-free, although I personally haven't encountered anything too weird. However, for now, I won't divulge the specifics, since I don't want to be responsible for save corruption, bugs, etc. caused by people performing the process incorrectly. Here's a screenshot from PM 3.02, featuring Waluigi and Knuckles. I'd be happy to set up a build of PM with your Ridley once it's finished; it looks phenomenal!
My Brawl EXxProject m roster is almost done. All it needs is this Ridley

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
My Brawl EXxProject m roster is almost done. All it needs is this Ridley
When this Ridley and Marioking64DS's Waluigi are completed, then my own dream roster will have been completed. Personally, I prefer the PMDT's method over BrawlEX; you don't have to deal with the config files and having to exit out of the CSS so often with their clone engine. The only tedium comes with editing modules, but if you know what you're doing, it's not difficult; it's just boring.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
When this Ridley and Marioking64DS's Waluigi are completed, then my own dream roster will have been completed. Personally, I prefer the PMDT's method over BrawlEX; you don't have to deal with the config files and having to exit out of the CSS so often with their clone engine. The only tedium comes with editing modules, but if you know what you're doing, it's not difficult; it's just boring.
Same with mine except that too bad waluigi never had progress since augest tho
Well if it sounds a bit weird try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn30pd3zr68czdb/RIDLEY B.wav?dl=0

I also made Mewtwo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dqxr85y9y6uvmq/MEWTWO.wav?dl=0

And Roy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj6bo98sdfte72h/ROY.wav?dl=0

I'm one step closer to completing my dream roster...

That smash 3 pichu icon tho!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
All right, back to Ridley lol. If anyone feels up to it, it would be awesome if someone could create a Project M 3.5 Ridley CSS icon. With all of the CSS stuff present in this thread, I could take a screenshot of what Ridley would look like in-game on the CSS in PM. Basically, I'd have enough resources to make his slot, but it wouldn't load anything.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Bagan already do that?

And it also looks like something Ridley would do. Firebrand only needs a purple alt and he would be tailless Ridley.
That willl be fixed soon.

So, here is CSPs for Ridley:

That is basically all i can do right now unfortunately. Those are not transparent on this image, but they are in common_5 file. Based off his SSB4 trophy pose. Will change lightning settings if required. There will be 1 more recolor based off Firebrand because why not?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. For the time being wouldn't it be easier to take the CSP images that Bagan has made and crop it? Just a suggestion. (Of course, assuming this is okay with Bagan as this is his work)

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see. For the time being wouldn't it be easier to take the CSP images that Bagan has made and crop it? Just a suggestion. (Of course, assuming this is okay with Bagan as this is his work)
Well, yes, that would be the easiest thing to do. I just don't know what purple color gradient the PMDT used for their CSS icons. Ideally, I'd like for this to look as professional as possible

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All right, back to Ridley lol. If anyone feels up to it, it would be awesome if someone could create a Project M 3.5 Ridley CSS icon. With all of the CSS stuff present in this thread, I could take a screenshot of what Ridley would look like in-game on the CSS in PM. Basically, I'd have enough resources to make his slot, but it wouldn't load anything.
All of them are already done:

Only stock icons remaim. Thanks to Solbliminal for CSS icon. For better view of it, open this:
Sounds better. Echo isn't noticable in this one. Thanks for it.

I realized i went out of order with Down Smash (i should have done Up Smash instead), but anyway, it now needs some more testing to balance its strength.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
All of them are already done:

Only stock icons remaim. Thanks to Solbliminal for CSS icon. For better view of it, open this:

Sounds better. Echo isn't noticable in this one. Thanks for it.

I realized i went out of order with Down Smash (i should have done Up Smash instead), but anyway, it now needs some more testing to balance its strength.
Nice, this is exactly why I waited to make anything haha. I'm sure that mine wouldn't have looked as good as Solbliminal's version. Would you mind sharing just the CSS icon in its native dimensions? I'd love to set up a slot where Lucario isn't replaced.

Top Bottom