• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Hey Bagan I have a question, do you think you recreate Riley's Nes proportions and size using the Other M model that you have edited, the thick one not the nightmare one.

When you're done with it, can you please do a size comparison like you did with the Classic model, if you're not busy that is with
King Metal Kraid that is.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yep, The one in the Video looks pretty OP, I want to use it but, I know it doesn't exist right??
Dev builds or whatever they should be called are never backed up unless im doing something that might break it or has valuable code that i might need again.
Hey Bagan I have a question, do you think you recreate Riley's Nes proportions and size using the Other M model that you have edited, the thick one not the nightmare one.

When you're done with it, can you please do a size comparison like you did with the Classic model, if you're not busy that is with
King Metal Kraid that is.
Sure. Just wait a bit.

I have time for random things. Lots of things.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Dev builds or whatever they should be called are never backed up unless im doing something that might break it or has valuable code that i might need again.

Sure. Just wait a bit.

I have time for random things. Lots of things.
Ah Okay, Then all I need is the First Release..

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Because its so OP? And i have files for first Release. All releases still exist. I just need to dig them out of my dropbox profile.

No, thats what revers it to Beta. You must take codes from the text file near readme and put them into PM 3.6 full's RSBE01.gct file. I do this with BrawlBox.
So what do you use to edit gct files? I put in the codes using GCTEdit, but then once I did, the Project M wouldn't start, it would just send me back to the home menu.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So what do you use to edit gct files? I put in the codes using GCTEdit, but then once I did, the Project M wouldn't start, it would just send me back to the home menu.
Use Brawl Box to add in the codes, Just open the RSBE01 PM gives you and add the Ridley codes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Samus, DK, Bowser, Zero suit, and Ganondorf.

Time for an important question.
Should i bother making Brawl Ridley alt model for this mod or should i just go with a separate mod? Im asking this because while preparing the model for rigging (which i won't do for a while), i noticed how weird it looked with Other M Ridley's proportions.
ScreenCapture120.png

It looks acceptable from this angle, but then you have this:
ScreenCapture121.png

Im not talking about some rought parts like his pelvis. Those shoulders are the main problem. This model simply doesn't works with such wide shoulders. Now compare it to this:
00000000-54.png

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

Should i bother making Brawl Ridley alt model for this mod or should i just go with a separate mod? Im asking this because while preparing the model for rigging (which i won't do for a while), i noticed how weird it looked with Other M Ridley's proportions.
View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
Im not talking about some rought parts like his pelvis. Those shoulders are the main problem. This model simply doesn't works with such wide shoulders. Now compare it to this:
View attachment 85349
Since I'm a huge fan of the retro look, I would be completely okay with it being used as an alt. If after rigging, however, it would be easier to make a separate mod, I would be also okay with that.

It's really your call at this point.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since I'm a huge fan of the retro look, I would be completely okay with it being used as an alt. If after rigging, however, it would be easier to make a separate mod, I would be also okay with that.

It's really your call at this point.
I wouldn't say it would be easier to make a separate mod, but that would certainly be worth doing.

I'll see what others think of it.

Wolley2xjd

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
Thanks, can you make the arms thicker and a little long please?

You should just make make use the model for when you use it as part of the Classic Mod.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
Being honest, the Brawl Ridley model just doesn't fit Other M's proportions that well. It would be cool if this was an alt, but it doesn't look as clean/nice as the Other M model already being used and would look strange with the proportions.

Out of curiosity, do you get help with anything in terms of moves, animations, rigging, etc.? You seem pretty busy trying to make Ridley, K. Rool, and Metal Face around the same time.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Being honest, the Brawl Ridley model just doesn't fit Other M's proportions that well. It would be cool if this was an alt, but it doesn't look as clean/nice as the Other M model already being used and would look strange with the proportions.

Out of curiosity, do you get help with anything in terms of moves, animations, rigging, etc.? You seem pretty busy trying to make Ridley, K. Rool, and Metal Face around the same time.
Mostly coding (and 80-90% of the time its KingJigglypuff) and some model fixes. SilentDo0m made few animations for Ridley (standing, crouching, walking, running, jumping, FTilt, FSmash, jab, NAir, FAir, UAir, DAir and...something else), but i never got any of them, so, its not much different from just using animations from Metroid and then replicating them. Getting custom models for K. Rool and Kraid (well, i don't have it yet, but it already exists) are the biggest contributions yet.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I've always been partial to just making a new classic Ridley model. Didn't that guy that's doing the Kraid model also have a Ridley model done? I'd just see if he could make one that looks good enough with your Ridley's proportions. Doing a whole new moveset seems too much IMO.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've always been partial to just making a new classic Ridley model. Didn't that guy that's doing the Kraid model also have a Ridley model done? I'd just see if he could make one that looks good enough with your Ridley's proportions. Doing a whole new moveset seems too much IMO.
Classic design probably just doesn't looks good with very wide shoulders and such toes. And there are people who just don't like those proportions.
Also, wouldn't that still be asking for a bit too much? I still need to get Kraid's model here, so, asking him to remake another model might be too much.

Last edited:

IROX568

Smash Cadet
View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
Doesn't look too bad as an alt. if you ask me, but the curved wings look a little odd.

Cahalan

Smash Ace

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
I can see the shoulders being more natural if this was for Meta-Ridley (bulky metal parts and such), but I think some vertex editing on regular Ridley would do the trick.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
this is the ridley thread right, so wheres the king k rool one or does it not exist

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
I think brawl ridley should totally be an alt.

this is the ridley thread right, so wheres the king k rool one or does it not exist
http://smashboards.com/threads/baga...tent-king-k-rool-kraid-and-metal-face.422657/

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Classic design probably just doesn't looks good with very wide shoulders and such toes. And there are people who just don't like those proportions.

Also, wouldn't that still be asking for a bit too much? I still need to get Kraid's model here, so, asking him to remake another model might be too much.
That may be true. I don't have a lot of expertise there, so I can't say.

Nah, I think asking is always okay. At worst, he says no and something else will have to be done. He seems to like being involved with this stuff too.

Wolley2xjd

W Wolley2xjd can you also make Riley's lower midsection wider too has well ?
It's should be more wide but the top half should still be wider than it.
Basically, don't give him a beer belly like in the gift below.
little_ridley_animated_by_solusnox-d5jjzdq.gif

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
do both anyways

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
It may be easier to rig him to the skeleton and then modify his proportions, like how I tend to do things.

Basically, what I tend to do is take the default model's skeleton rig, use it on the new model and then mess with it's proportions untill it looks correct while still retaining all the same bones. As long as the rig's bone positioning is untouched, I think you can muck about with thickness of parts and such just fine. So making his torso thinner shouldn't interfere too much with the animations, but then I haven't had to rig from scratch, so take my words with a grain of salt.

The Mewtwo mod I made follows that system, and outside of some quirks due to a proportion change (like his legs in the idle being kind of wonky because they're a bit longer than normal), it otherwise looks fine.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It may be easier to rig him to the skeleton and then modify his proportions, like how I tend to do things.

Basically, what I tend to do is take the default model's skeleton rig, use it on the new model and then mess with it's proportions untill it looks correct while still retaining all the same bones. As long as the rig's bone positioning is untouched, I think you can muck about with thickness of parts and such just fine. So making his torso thinner shouldn't interfere too much with the animations, but then I haven't had to rig from scratch, so take my words with a grain of salt.

The Mewtwo mod I made follows that system, and outside of some quirks due to a proportion change (like his legs in the idle being kind of wonky because they're a bit longer than normal), it otherwise looks fine.
Old and modern Mewtwo...s still have similar proportions, with legs and head size being main differences. You can make his head smaller (and it has no functional bones attached) and his legs thicker without problems. But Brawl Ridley will still need wide shoulders, shorter legs and stiff wing fingers. Even if i would make his bones longer or shorter, they would be forced to have certain length in all animations outside of thrown animations.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
Wow, it does looks weird with the wide shoulders :/
I guess a separate mod would be cool, since it would let you explore other gameplay possibilities that wouldn't fit the OM!Ridley one.
And i never expected the NES proportions to look so good, it looks a bit like Mewtwo. With a few fixes to the model, it would actually be a potential redesign.

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet

View attachment 85346
View attachment 85347
View attachment 85349
Do you have more pictures of brawl ridley with OM ridleys skeleton? Like a picture of how he would stand in game?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
gack, seem like we're moving this mod to vBrawl

PM is officially dead

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow, it does looks weird with the wide shoulders :/
I guess a separate mod would be cool, since it would let you explore other gameplay possibilities that wouldn't fit the OM!Ridley one.
And i never expected the NES proportions to look so good, it looks a bit like Mewtwo. With a few fixes to the model, it would actually be a potential redesign.
True.
He looks more like Mew than Mewtwo with those small arms.
Do you have more pictures of brawl ridley with OM ridleys skeleton? Like a picture of how he would stand in game?
No, i didn't save it.

PM is officially dead
No, we are not moving it anywhere. vBrawl is s**t.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
True.
He looks more like Mew than Mewtwo with those small arms.

No, i didn't save it.

No, we are not moving it anywhere. vBrawl is s**t.
ikr? do what you can dude.

major problem is who's going to host the downloads to PM to play the Ridley and K.Rool mods?

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet

PM is officially dead
I don't think so.

If developpement coming to a stop meant the death of a game, Melee would have been dead long ago. Same with any game actually.

But I'm still ****ing sad about that annoucement.

And the download will be handled by the community i guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom