• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The problem with that kind of stuff is that you have to constantly update both versions and its not very fun to do. There is a BrawlEx port already (just needs to have GFX and SFX fixed), but its outdated. So, this is "eh, maybe later" kind of thing.
Where can I download this BrawlEx port? I can't seem to find it.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Time for an important question.
Should i bother making Brawl Ridley alt model for this mod or should i just go with a separate mod? Im asking this because while preparing the model for rigging (which i won't do for a while), i noticed how weird it looked with Other M Ridley's proportions.
View attachment 85346
It looks acceptable from this angle, but then you have this:
View attachment 85347
Im not talking about some rought parts like his pelvis. Those shoulders are the main problem. This model simply doesn't works with such wide shoulders. Now compare it to this:
View attachment 85349
Late response on this one but, I'm apart of the group that thinks this should be an alt. That is if you can get pass the issue with his shoulders in the rigging of course. Although I'd like to see more screenshots of him like this in different animations and such to form a better opinion. That is if you can provide more screenshots.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Late response on this one but, I'm apart of the group that thinks this should be an alt. That is if you can get pass the issue with his shoulders in the rigging of course. Although I'd like to see more screenshots of him like this in different animations and such to form a better opinion. That is if you can provide more screenshots.
Shoulders can't be fixed. And i can provide more screenshots, but i'll need some time to move around his bones again. I didn't save it.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Shoulders can't be fixed. And i can provide more screenshots, but i'll need some time to move around his bones again. I didn't save it.
Well if that's the case how bad does it look? Does he like completely clip through that shoulder pad like thing he has? Or does it weirdly deform? I mean if it isn't too glaring then the alt could still be possibly worth it IMO.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well if that's the case how bad does it look? Does he like completely clip through that shoulder pad like thing he has? Or does it weirdly deform? I mean if it isn't too glaring then the alt could still be possibly worth it IMO.
He gets very wide shoulders.
ScreenCapture121.png

This model or just design was not meant to have wide shoulders. But this is not because wide shoulders on thin body can't work.
00000000-67.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, well if its just wide shoulders then I could live with that. I think it looks okay, totally worth it IMO. When will it get finished and released? Or is it done?
I just stretched this model. Its not done and i don't know when i'll finish it. Probably somewhere in 2016.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh what a shame. That trailer got me too hyped.
I don't think that one appeared in any trailers. I remember only Captain Ridley being in April Fools trailer.
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros There is a problem with the Alt Model, The Meta Ridley one doesn't work, It crashes my game and I have no clue why..
I tested it and it gave me same results. But the only difference between Meta Ridley and others is that his wings' materials and textures, but textures shouldn't affect this kind of stuff and those materials are from Brawl Meta Ridley.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I don't think that one appeared in any trailers. I remember only Captain Ridley being in April Fools trailer.

I tested it and it gave me same results. But the only difference between Meta Ridley and others is that his wings' materials and textures, but textures shouldn't affect this kind of stuff and those materials are from Brawl Meta Ridley.
So, There isn't any reason why this is happening?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion you're being too harsh on Ridley. The enormous end and start up lag on most his moves are just unwarranted. He's too easy to avoid in my experience. Also, I loved his original down tilt because it allowed for a combo game in the air, where he excels.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In my opinion you're being too harsh on Ridley. The enormous end and start up lag on most his moves are just unwarranted. He's too easy to avoid in my experience. Also, I loved his original down tilt because it allowed for a combo game in the air, where he excels.
He is also strong, has best recovery in the game (he fails to recover only if Ridley player messes up too much) and has long range on pretty much every attack thanks to his long tail (disjointed and has transcended priority), big wings (mostly disjointed) and long arms. And this is just on the ground. In the air (where you'll spend most of the time as him), his start up/end lag are shorter, but attacks aren't that much weaker here than on the ground. And then there are his Side B (which is easy to avoid, but it really sucks when you get hit by it) and Neutral B, which has no proper end lag if you land while using it (like with the whole short hop double laser thing).
And current Down Tilt can be used to launch opponent up (if A is pressed after first swipe) and for jab resets, so, its better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom