• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Do you think you could show me a side by side comparison of the classic mod ridley and bowser for me?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Are you guys familiar with this? (Same as pic below)
It's by the same guy that is making that Kraid model for you. I figure that if he's willing to do that for you, and is making a Ridley thing already, might as well ask him about that custom Ridley model...

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys familiar with this? (Same as pic below)
It's by the same guy that is making that Kraid model for you. I figure that if he's willing to do that for you, and is making a Ridley thing already, might as well ask him about that custom Ridley model...
I agree with Bagan but holy moly, this Ridley model looks amazing.

Loochi

Smash Rookie
I only need one more thing for this mod: custom announcer ! Idk if you'll be able to do that but it would be like Ridley is 100% into the game with the announcer saying his name instead of Pit :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I only need one more thing for this mod: custom announcer ! Idk if you'll be able to do that but it would be like Ridley is 100% into the game with the announcer saying his name instead of Pit :D
Thats what everyone needs. But unfortunately, its impossible without using SSB Crusade announcer since they have Ridley as a playable character, so, there is a character call for him. But thats a completly different announcer voice.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Thats what everyone needs. But unfortunately, its impossible without using SSB Crusade announcer since they have Ridley as a playable character, so, there is a character call for him. But thats a completly different announcer voice.
What if you got the new PM announcer to do it? Would that work?

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
You know, I came across an announcer clip a long time ago that may be of help. I don't remember where I found it (it may have been here), but I have been using it and it seems to sound alright. I will track it down and post it in a little bit.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know, I came across an announcer clip a long time ago that may be of help. I don't remember where I found it (it may have been here), but I have been using it and it seems to sound alright. I will track it down and post it in a little bit.
If its that one by Brawl announcer or it doesn't sounds like Brawl or PM announcer, then don't bother. Its better to stay consistent with announcer while keeping high quality.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
If its that one by Brawl announcer or it doesn't sounds like Brawl or PM announcer, then don't bother. Its better to stay consistent with announcer while keeping high quality.
It sounds like the Brawl announcer, but its not the one with the horrible echo. I have the sound file as well as a preview .wav file but I am having trouble posting it here. How should I go about sharing it with you guys?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It sounds like the Brawl announcer, but its not the one with the horrible echo. I have the sound file as well as a preview .wav file but I am having trouble posting it here. How should I go about sharing it with you guys?
Try using dropbox or put it into a .zip archive...if you didn't already tried it.
You could try reaching out to them and see what they say, maybe.
Don't know. I doubt they would reply to random modder.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe not, but that's okay. If they're willing to help people that aren't in the PMDT at all, I think you're legitimate enough to ask.
Um...i'll try then. I'll ask them how they got that guy to do announcer calls first and if it was for free, i'll ask for announcer call. Keeping my expectations low of course.
...wait...how to contact them?

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Um...i'll try then. I'll ask them how they got that guy to do announcer calls first and if it was for free, i'll ask for announcer call. Keeping my expectations low of course.
...wait...how to contact them?
I guess you could talk with Warchamp. He's on here pretty often and he's one of the leading members.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Could you pass that model over to Edwguard Flows when you get a hold of it (with the creator's permission of course)? It'd be great for Brinstar Depths. @Edwguard Flows
Not a problem, first we need to get the model. Speaking of which, Frayark Frayark how has Kraid's progress been or you haven't started on Kraid as of yet?

Orthographic:

Normal:

Added platforms this time.
Could I get a frontwards view of these? I'd like to see how much his wings spread while closed.

Last edited:

Loochi

Smash Rookie
I found that on the web:
Would the voice in this video do if converted to mp3 then cut ?

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I found that on the web:
Would the voice in this video do if converted to mp3 then cut ?
I don't think that would work because that would cause it to have double the echos because of the way Brawl's announcer calls are coded.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hey, I could use some help putting some folders in the right places.

So I'm setting up the Ridley stage on my PM card (my SD), and I come across some unfamiliar folders. Inside the "stage" folder, I can bet the contents of either folder goes to project > pf > stage > melee, but what about "SSS" or "Music (BRSTM"? Where should they go?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Hey, I could use some help putting some folders in the right places.

So I'm setting up the Ridley stage on my PM card (my SD), and I come across some unfamiliar folders. Inside the "stage" folder, I can bet the contents of either folder goes to project > pf > stage > melee, but what about "SSS" or "Music (BRSTM"? Where should they go?
The contents of SSS are the images that need to be placed within the menumain and selmap.pac's within the menu 2 folder. You need Brawl Box in order for the SSS Cosmetics to be properly inserted in the game.

As for the Music, yes those are BRSTM's. They need to go in the strm folder within the sounds folder IIRC. You will however need to name each song according to whether or not you're replacing skyworld. Go to here for an easy to access list of all Project M and vBrawl BRSTM's. All of Skyworld's songs are P01 through P04 so songs like Skyworld and Underworld will be replaced. For the nitpicky stuff, you can also rename the song titles. You can find them in any of the .pac's in the info2 folder, it'll be a misc. data that work with all of those pac's within the info2 folder.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
The contents of SSS are the images that need to be placed within the menumain and selmap.pac's within the menu 2 folder. You need Brawl Box in order for the SSS Cosmetics to be properly inserted in the game.

As for the Music, yes those are BRSTM's. They need to go in the strm folder within the sounds folder IIRC. You will however need to name each song according to whether or not you're replacing skyworld. Go to here for an easy to access list of all Project M and vBrawl BRSTM's. All of Skyworld's songs are P01 through P04 so songs like Skyworld and Underworld will be replaced. For the nitpicky stuff, you can also rename the song titles. You can find them in any of the .pac's in the info2 folder, it'll be a misc. data that work with all of those pac's within the info2 folder.
.......This rocket science is ahead of my league.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
.......This rocket science is ahead of my league.
But this is rocket science that is actually understandable compared to the real thing. :) My advice is to get to know brawlbox and the folder hierarchy for project m. The background knowledge gained will help you in your future modding endeavors; it's the first step that's the hardest.

Frayark

Smash Rookie
The only thing I have done is reorginize de UVs of the model so it uses one texture only, I havent been able to work on it further because of my job. I got myself into some projects which I have to prioritize. But I will keep working on it to make it.

Top Bottom