• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unnamed Tournament of Doom - Stockholm, Sweden [CANCELLED - DUH!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Could you please hurry up and confirm a date? I have arrangements to make regarding summer school other stuff and I just want to make sure this tourney wont conflict with that.

stelzig

Smash Lord
^I'm gonna third that. I'm considering France more and more though because it seems like this might not even happen...

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I also believe so, but it annoys me that it takes so much time to get the date done. I might not be able to go.

plz not 15. aug tho ugh

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Why there is never a big BRAWL tourney in Europe :/. It's always looked as a bonus by TOs.
Because there´s no brawlplayers that seems willing to do the work for hosting a tournament. There is a big one in germany but mostly for germans (110+on the list if I remember correcly, no foreigners)

Abild

Smash Rookie
I agree with Stelzig.. If you wanna pound on the danish scrubs then a date is needed. Otherwise it'll probably be France for us danes.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had to go London for 2 1/2 weeks because of schools and then I had a book to read, followed by an exam, followed by two more exams next week, a project and yet another book. It's bad timing, so I haven't been able to update this thread as much lately.

I apologize for that.

We have one date that's for sure: The weekend of 30th of July - 2nd of August. This is the week before Super Lyon. It's free and he's keeping it free for our sake. I asked him to look into two other dates to see if we could hold the tournament then because there's an event on July 31st - 2nd of August I'd like to go to.

If no other date is free, I'll bok 30th of July to 2nd of August and either skip the other event of relinquish hosting rights to the other Swedes (I'm still gonna be there, but I might leave towards the end of the tournament, probably the Brawl-part of the tournament, to go to that other event).

I'm going to call him tomorrow to finalize the date.

I still want another European tournament (because goshdarnnit, Lyon is literally in the middle of nowhere. It's massively expensive to go to from out-of-country) soon, especially one in Sweden. We haven't had an international tournament (no, Norwegians do not count! :p) in Sweden since RoX4 (which was ages ago).

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm going to Lyon at the end, same for Greward.

I still want to go to Sweden at least once for smash, maybe the next big tournament.

Samochan

Smash Master
Sounds good.

Does that mean there will be two days of Melee only and two days of Brawl only?
Eew no, I want my daily melee fix thx. >_> Cause if there's like only 2 days of melee and other days are only for brawl and lots of tv's are dedicated for brawl play and all the possible melee casual tv's are gonna be taken like all the time... I could as well go home after those two days. <_< And I doubt brawl could even take 2 whole days to finish both singles and teams, for an european brawl tourney. More like 1 day for setting up, casuals and good night of rest, 2 days for melee and 1 day for brawl.

But hey yuna, I approve the date you got there. I wasn't really sure when my school would start but it won't start so early in august, so I don't need to worry bout school overlapping this anymore if this date becomes confirmed. :3 2 weeks of tournaments in a row makes it feel like smack and esa3 all over again lol, too good.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
could any swedes pick me up from the airport, the coach is a rip off

srsly im getting fed up paying £15 return just to get away from the airport

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
You can get from the airport to Stockholm C for ~70kr (7€) the right time of the day.
Check sj.se, "Skavsta flygplats" to "Stockholm C".

Easiest is to take the bus all the way though, and it's not much more expensive: 170kr/16€ two ways, or 200kr/19€ if you're over 18 years.

BTW, if it's 30/7-2/8, have Melee at the end because I'm in Finland then and will be home at 31st or 1st (can't remember)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Sounds good yuna. Just stay away from the late dates, and me and a few others danes will be there.

Still a shame it took so long to get a date, i think we lost alot of players who'll be going to France instead now :(

Samochan

Smash Master
Sounds good yuna. Just stay away from the late dates, and me and a few others danes will be there.

Still a shame it took so long to get a date, i think we lost alot of players who'll be going to France instead now :(
Which can be totally blamed on yuna who's being on a trip outside sweden >_> *obvious sarcasm*

But I kinda doubt people have already booked tickets to france on 3 day notice, at least last time I checked people talked about going to france instead of this like 3 days ago. And those who go to france most likely would have gone nevertheless. Those that are coming to this are coming. :3

Anyways marc, what's better than to spend your bday playing smash on tourney? :3 Unless you're planning on hooking up with your friends and going somewhere to have fun and all... but you could like pre-party at home, then come here and spend good time smashing. At least I'm not too picky about when I spend my bday party (if there is any celebration), who wants to party in the middle of the week anyway? And this time I shouldn't have problems bringing some finnish chocolate, seeing as we shouldn't go via airplane and even if we did, I think I can buy finnish chocolate from swedish stores lol.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I didn't say it should be blamed on yuna. It's still a shame samo :p
Especially for the reason that i really wanted to meet up with aqua who's now attending TSL with the other dutchies (brawlers), and most likely not this because he can't afford it. We were even going to team even though he's supposedly very good in brawl, and i hardly ever play it... While i'm likely better than him in melee (but still so crap and inexperienced that we'll likely be eliminated very early... Maybe even our first match :p)

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
What he said. It's rather ironic that I do happen to be in Sweden for two weeks prior to this tournament, but leaving just the weekend before the 30th. Still not excluding the possibility of attending if I manage to gather sufficient financial support, or if the dates change to make this happen earlier.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
So guys....will it be brawl teams or not in this tourny? Count me in if it is!

Abild

Smash Rookie
It would be nice if the date was confirmed. Then I can start plannning a danish warm up tournament. Scrubs only hehe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom