• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Unlock everything in SSBM

S l o X

Smash Champion
I just used some Wii hack that put a save from GameFaqs into my memory card with all trophies etc...

Get @ me (do the searching, I'm sure its somewhere in wiibrew)

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
isn't flatzone supposed to be unlocked when you unlock game an watch?

aarosmashguy's file has everything unlocked, except that stage.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
I have everything except maybe one or two trophies.
I think nintendo took out the use of c-stick as a move in order to make 1-p mode more difficult.

Steelia

Smash Champion
donkey kongs down B for 15 minute melee for sure, you can read a book or something while doing it :)
This is now old-school. Master Hand's the way to work that thing now.

1) Activate glitch for Master Hand
2) Sit for 15 min
3) ???
4) PROFIT

(Same applies for 100 Man, if you're really up for it. Hahaha.)

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I tried to complete 15 Minute Melee with the DK slap I would get hit by bombs on the last 7 minutes so I tried something else. I used Ice Climbers and picked up two beam swords, ran to the lower right corner, and spammed A. The wireframes literally can't touch you. However use a smash attack whenever the male wireframes come near you. Those guys are game over when they use Captain Falcons utilt; as it DOES outrange your beamswords and has high knockback. The females are wimps and easy to knock back and will not kill you while you're spamming A, so you really want to keep only those on the field as long as you can.

I took risks when the pokeballs appeared because if Lugia comes out then it's just not even fair.

john!

Smash Hero
use freeze glitch to complete 15 minute melee, you can walk away and do something else after you freeze them all. just make sure you stay under a side platform so a bomb doesn't drop on you.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Down-B DK for 15-Minute Brawl? Hang on, brb.

*PLEASE STAND BY*

Worked. Now if only...

Alright, on to HRC. I'm playing Yoshi, doing the Down-A thingy. However, I still can't seem to get it far enough.

Also, we really should make a guide to every single one of the 51 event matches. Because some of them are populated with *******s ("Slippy's Invention," and all other matches where your outnumbered and outstocked by opponents without a handicap can burn in hell).

Hm... Your avatar looks shopped.
Ack, nuuu! He never said that! Gahhh! That bugs me!

Odd happening.
I remember when I first unlocked All-Star and played it on very hard several years ago.
I didn't fully understand the heart thing until the 3rd 2 v 1 match. When i realized what I did, I just L+R+A+Start to back out and poof! Battlefield was unlocked. Somehow.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS WONDEROUS TRICK.

standardtoaster said:
it just doesn't. there isn't anything you can do to make cstick work in 1 player without using hacks

ALL OF MY HATRED!

SAUS

Smash Ace
Very handy, well done. My gamecube said my ssbm file was corrupted so it had to reformat my memory card, so I had to unlock everything again.

During the classic mode bonus stage with the falling trophies, be on the lookout for the birdo trophy. That's how I got it.

Also, **** mewtwo. Took so long to unlock him lol. Everything else was kind of fun/easy/quick, but then I had to leave my gamecube on for 10 hours - I only have 2 controllers right now :( Before and after him it was non-stop beating stuff and unlocking things.

15 minute melee sucked, but I beat it by planking with shiek.
200 games took a while, too, but I got it by playing 1v1 with 1 stock against bowser and just comboing him to death with captain falcon... 200 times. Poor bowser.
The events were mostly easy but a few were annoying. Died on the last second for the yoshi one where you have to protect the egg. I was quite sad.
Event 50 was easy with ganon up-smash. Event 51 was easy with jiggs rest. They punish by jabbing you.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
for getting mewtwo you can exit the match through "no contest" and it'll still count as timed.

Last edited:

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
The requirements to unlock Mewtwo are too much for me, especially since I have access to only one controller. Good thing I can set the Start Button on auto fire, so I can do other things while trying to clock in at least 700 VS matches.

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
It's a backup/restore program. You can find a completed melee save online without much trouble.

AirFair

Marth tho
well, if there was another way to get mewtwo through hours, you could put handicaps on a stock match with 99 stock.
If your handicap is 9 and the cpus handicap is 1, then it could bash you around for hours, and you have 99 stocks to lose so you could be there awhile and probably unlock mewtwo with one controller

Jackson

Smash Lord
The lack of C-stick in one player frustrates me SO MUCH because i've learned to play using C-stick for all my aerials and Smashes except Nair. Without it im struggling on events and its generally just not fun. All i want is to unlock FD and legit stages like that.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I'm actually in the same boat when picking up Melee again. One of my memory cards was corrupted, so I had to make another file for SSBM. Thankfully I did, because I never though I would enjoy playing Melee again. Thank you again for these tips, especially because I'm struggling to complete a few. Your guide has helped as well!

They really made some of these unlock characters incredibly hidden. I like that, but I know my 10 year old self didn't.

febLey

Smash Cadet
NNID
febLey
Has someone an idea, what could be the reason that Ganon isn't unlocked? Followed every step, but now I'm stuck with unlocking Game and Watch, because I haven't got Ganon in the first place, ...

Top Bottom