• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Unlock everything in SSBM

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Since Khepri had the good grace to clear my memory card, recently I've been able to enjoy singleplayer a lot more. I thought it would help people if I wrote a concise guide on what must be done to unlock everything in melee with minimal effort. Game Spot source

Do these in any order:
  • Play 200 VS matches.
    gamefaqs said:
    play a ''1 Stock Survival Test'' against the CPU. Make sure that you are player one (you can use any character) and Ness is in the 2nd slot. Set his CPU level to 9. Select ''Jungle Japes'' as your battlefield. When the fight begins, dont move. Ness will go up, over, and right into the river everytime.
  • Play with all characters as a human in VS mode.
  • Plug in 4 controllers, start a 4 human FFA stocks match, let it sit for at least 5 hours, and finish without quitting.
Then these:
  1. 100 man melee -- I used marth and just uptilted. Whatever works for you.
    Whenever you play classic mode, be sure to complete the target test, that will save you time later.
  2. Beat classic mode with 10 characters on easy, 5 stocks, and no continues , using marth and mario once, but not last.
  3. Clear Adventure mode (any character), complete the first stage with a TWO in the seconds time.
  4. Complete break the targets with the characters who havent yet.
Finally these in any order:
  • Beat classic mode with game and watch. (skip the target test)
  • Complete break the targets with game and watch.
  • Beat events 40-51.
  • 15 minute melee -- lots of ways to do this. I planked with jiggs (Just fly away and come back to the ledge).
  • Beat all star mode on easy.

Now, if you don't have MKII yet, it's because you're missing the Birdo Trophy. Try going to the lottery, and if that fails, play through adventure a bunch until you get it (apparently it's random).

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
theres just 1 thig you forgot to unlock everything..and get the other music during options and such..and thats have over 5000 KOs to get score display...

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Yea, there's also Yoshi's64: hit over 1,350 ft. with yoshi in the home-run contest.
The focus is preparing a cube for tourney play, but the title makes the guide easier to search.

Geist

Smash Master
I thought it would help people if I wrote a concise guide on what must be done to unlock everything in melee with minimal effort.
lol action replay and file copy

So when you say "everything", I assume you mean stages and characters, right?
Is this guide finished? Because if this is all you have to do to get everything, I wasted alot of time.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
heh, if you have action replay or a file TO copy, then you won't even bother searching for a guide. Yea, there's lots more to do and get in melee, but the goal is being able to turn off stages, and this guide delivers that.
As for wasting time... in melee? impossible.

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
I have a question regarding the 200 versus matches...

If i plug in 4 controllers, do I only have to do 50 matches instead of 200?

I'm asking because Mewtwo required 20 hours of VS match time, and this can be shortened to 5 hours with four controllers plugged in.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! This will be very useful because my gamecube memory became corrupted after getting nfsu2.
All the characters and stages, gone :( , along with wind waker, pikmin, etc. The guide will be very useful to get them all back.

metashinryu

Smash Ace

I'm asking because Mewtwo required 20 hours of VS match time, and this can be shortened to 5 hours with four controllers plugged in.
just put your melee options to infinite time with all the controllers you have plugged an entire night on a match,when you wake up just quit to the no contest and mewtwo pops up to battle

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well actually, I thought that you had to complete the match? No quitting, (no 'no contest') or else it won't work.

DeletedGod

Smash Cadet
just put your melee options to infinite time with all the controllers you have plugged an entire night on a match,when you wake up just quit to the no contest and mewtwo pops up to battle
Did you actually read his post? He asked if you needed to do 200 matches, or just 50 with four players, not how to get mewtwo.

ajw tko

Smash Rookie
ya left out the trophies and several other things. I relise that "everything" realy ment "everything important" but just sayin.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
donkey kongs down B for 15 minute melee for sure, you can read a book or something while doing it :)

13Potter

Smash Rookie
A great way to get massive amounts of KOs is: Every Friday, go to a store like Game Knights, Mana Werx, Gamer's Inn with your Gamecube/Wii, Melee, and a TV. Ask to set up and just wait for people to come over and play. I did that for almost a year till the store had to close and I have over 5000 (based off Jboy's comment)

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Or set the damage ratio to 2.0, and put a level 9 with a 9 handicap up against 3 level 1s with 1 handicaps. =p

'V'

Smash Lord
The best and fastest way I think is to just go through the game and play 4 players with your friends for a while. It's pretty fun.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I got a way to do many matches in short time:

I used Pikachu VS a cpu DK (I don't remember his level....) in Pokéfloats.
If you use thunder in the start of the match (With the damage ratio 2.0), it will hit DK and he'll die in about 2-3 seconds!

Try for yourself!

And if you say everything, you have to put those hard trophies too! (Like Diskun!!)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure for the matches that you don't have to be he winner so the quickest way to finish matches would be to SD on 1 stock

john!

Smash Hero
Actually I figured out the fastest way to do it is playing P4 Yoshi vs. a lvl 1 CPU P2 Fox, with damage ratio 2.0, handicap 1 on Fox and 9 on Yoshi. Pick Mute City and just Dsmash at the start of the match. If you time it right the match timer does not even start.

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone's actually noticed this before, but whenever you just play vs. matches when starting the game, you get the Maximum Tomato trophy. I've seen that quite a lot because people keep forgetting to bring memory cards. lol

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Thank you! This will be very useful because my gamecube memory became corrupted after getting nfsu2.
All the characters and stages, gone :( , along with wind waker, pikmin, etc. The guide will be very useful to get them all back.
Thank YOU, metaknave. I'm glad it helped, that is exactly why I made this guide. Your gratitude makes this worth doing :)

I'm not sure, Zakosai. I'll find out as soon as I get 4 controllers, and I'll edit my main post too.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
What is MKII? Do you mean Mewtwo or Mew2King? Btw, how do you unlock Battlefield? It has been so long. lol I accidentally deleted my friend's Melee data, so I was helping him get everything back.

Hax

Smash Champion
my file got deleted recently; wait, i don't have to go through classic with all the characters? this is all i have to do?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
my file got deleted recently; wait, i don't have to go through classic with all the characters? this is all i have to do?
Nope. I think that's it. You'll eventually come across all the characters if you play enough matches. Plus, the other stuff you need to do.

Edit: I didn't read OP...xD
Edit 2: Falco needs to be unlocked via 15 man Melee (or whatever the easy one is.) if I'm not mistaken.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Easier way to beat 100-man Melee, 15-minute melee, and 50-51.

Play as Player 3 and use the name entry glitch to use master hand and:

-100 man: Spam the Master Hand slap.
-15 minute melee: Don't even need to do anything. Master Hand can't die.
-Events 50: You can always use Yoshi and Dair, but hey! Master Hand can't be knocked back!
-...and 51: Spam the slap. Not even Giga Bowser can touch that.

Renth

Smash Hero
event 50? the one with master hand and crazy hand?

Take ganon and spam up smash mad easy

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Easier way to beat 100-man Melee, 15-minute melee, and 50-51.

Play as Player 3 and use the name entry glitch to use master hand and:

-100 man: Spam the Master Hand slap.
-15 minute melee: Don't even need to do anything. Master Hand can't die.

Wait a minute, unless you're using an AR, how are you playing as Master Hand in those events as you mentioned using a "name entry glitch"?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet

Wait a minute, unless you're using an AR, how are you playing as Master Hand in those events as you mentioned using a "name entry glitch"?
what you do, is, press b and a at the same time, with no characters selected, on the name box as player three. if you time it right, the b held down will bring you back to the menu before, but right as it tries to, you click on the name entry button. the game doesnt know what to do, either go back, or go to name entry, and so it just sends you to the stage select. since you havent chosen a character, your "character id" is 0, which is the id for master hand. you then play as master hand.

that is probably the worst description i can give, cause im bad at that stuff. if you can understand it the way i expect you to, it makes complete sense, lol.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Odd happening.
I remember when I first unlocked All-Star and played it on very hard several years ago.
I didn't fully understand the heart thing until the 3rd 2 v 1 match. When i realized what I did, I just L+R+A+Start to back out and poof! Battlefield was unlocked. Somehow.

Top Bottom