• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlimited - A South Mississippi Brawl/Melee Tournament (DELAYED)

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
We want everyone who will/has interest in joining the tournament to post if so in this thread as soon as possible. Along with that, I require you to mention if you can bring anyone with you, and how many you can bring. If they also post they want to come, specify their name. Also note if you can bring a set up for the tournament, and what that is (TV, Wii, GCN, ect.). I will make a list in this post of who has interest in coming. This will help us determine how many we will possibly have, and to show sponsors for their continuing support.

• Sariku (TV, Wii, GCN, Brawl)
  • 3GOD (TV, Wii, Brawl, Melee)
  • Baky [3-10 People] (Wii, Brawl, Melee?) < Transportation Issues >
  • theOnejanitor < Needs Ride! >
  • Ever_Power [7 People]
Dude. Don't forget. I can supply Wii, Brawl, and a few T.V's.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I dunno if I will go to this or not. Depends. I don't want to drive very far, so if 3GOD goes then I might drive to Starky just to tag a ride with him.

If I go I will probably do both.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I dunno if I will go to this or not. Depends. I don't want to drive very far, so if 3GOD goes then I might drive to Starky just to tag a ride with him.

U need to bring your a** down here ****it, I wANT FRIENDLIES WITH U. So you'll br there

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I will consider coming If the Melee Tourney Gets big, Texas comes (<3 Forkgirl), and I can get Chad to team with me

and if i come ill probably bring a group with me

*edit Gah 7 and a Half Hours from me. I still would consider this for Teamsies with Chad and Hanging out with forkgirl lol.

3GOD

Smash Ace

Yeah I'm planning to go, and I would be glad to have someone riding in the car with me. You should plan to come.

I will consider coming If the Melee Tourney Gets big, Texas comes (<3 Forkgirl), and I can get Chad to team with me

and if i come ill probably bring a group with me

*edit Gah 7 and a Half Hours from me. I still would consider this for Teamsies with Chad and Hanging out with forkgirl lol.
Yeah I'm hoping TX will show up...

...needs more GA...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Stop lying Jason you won't come.
Just for that I really want to go now. If this was your intention, congratz on the manipulation.

@Baky:
Are you going? If so, how?

@3GOD
How many people can you take? Is Shai coming? Could it be possible to take Baky to this as well if he doesn't have a ride (I would just take him down to Starky with me).

I can't play Brawl right now, even though I really want to work on some ****... I left my wiimote in Starky and it makes me sad. I even invited Baky to smash at my house and realized that I didn't have it. It was full of phail, and I cry about it at night.

3GOD

Smash Ace
@3GOD
How many people can you take? Is Shai coming? Could it be possible to take Baky to this as well if he doesn't have a ride (I would just take him down to Starky with me).
I can fit myself, you, and two others comfortably (one more could fit but bit a little cramped) in my car. I'll be glad to include Baky as one of those if he wants to come along, and I'm not sure if Shai is going or not, but he'd probably be headed out from Madison if I had to guess.

We really need to see if we can crash at NES n00b's place or something because I'm sure the venue housing surface isn't particularly plush.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If I go I'll be leaving from Madison so I'll be driving by myself unless I can get some other Madison people to go with me. There's two Madisonians in particular who I MIGHT be able to convince to come but I wouldn't bet on it. I say there's a 50% chance at least one of them will want to go, in which case I will definitely go. But if neither of them wants to go there's a 50% chance I will go by myself. So I guess that's a combined probability of 75% for me, but I haven't taken probability so who knows? I made up all the numbers anyway.

I also calculate a 41% chance that Jason comes based on formulae in my head too difficult for mere mortals to comprehend.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I also calculate a 41% chance that Jason comes based on formulae in my head too difficult for mere mortals to comprehend.
Well unless something crazy comes up I'll go to this thing. I no longer am dating that girl that hated my playing of smash due to her own insecurities, so unless something work related (not likely) or this coincides with the time I was going to move out of my apartment in Starkville and into the new house (more likely).

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think I should be primed and ready for this tournament, at least for Brawl. I still haven't played any Melee.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I think I should be primed and ready for this tournament, at least for Brawl. I still haven't played any Melee.
why, you were real good in melee. Train in melee too, you have plenty of time to get your skills up to par.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'm getting ready for both, but I've been playing more Melee than Brawl as of late. I think my Wario is getting greedier though. We should do a ROB/Wario team in Brawl.

I think I'm gonna go mostly Ganondorf in Melee, but I like to change up my characters on the day of the tournament to lessen my chances of winning. :ohwell:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm getting ready for both, but I've been playing more Melee than Brawl as of late. I think my Wario is getting greedier though. We should do a ROB/Wario team in Brawl.

I think I'm gonna go mostly Ganondorf in Melee, but I like to change up my characters on the day of the tournament to lessen my chances of winning. :ohwell:
who are u teaming with in brawl, because i might play it. But i mostly i might just go for melee

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
this is about four hours away and I doubt any AL people are driving to this that I can ride with. if anyone from GA goes, consider picking me up on the way. otherwise I probably aint makin this

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
So is anybody actually coming to this? I'd like to go but not if it's going to be like 15 people.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
So is anybody actually coming to this? I'd like to go but not if it's going to be like 15 people.
I understand were you coming form, you have a long drive to make, like 4 to 5 hours right, well is would be nice to see you again, but if you don't come I'll see you again some other tourney, hopefully.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I heard something about Tom (in the MS thread) about bringing his crew.

I guess Im coming @_@

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Seeing this delayed is sad. Still, LA will probably try to make a showing whenever this actually happens.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Sariku make a pre-reg LIst at least you can get a decent count of will come and who won't

3GOD

Smash Ace
Delayed = Sad Face

I seriously want to go to a good Melee tournament...maybe I should see about FAST 1...

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm sorry I forgot to make a post. We had the venue secured, but the city of D'Iberville's Mayor is having a weddining, and he, sadly, choose our date for the place. All the rest around that are taken, so I don't know what day it will have to be.

Does anyone have good dates during school months? ._.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well, I know state starts up on the 18th, and that's also when Baky goes off to the marines. So if it is before then it would be nice.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Delayed = Sad Face

I seriously want to go to a good Melee tournament...maybe I should see about FAST 1...
I might be helping my brother move that weekend, but if not and if you want to go to FAST 1 maybe we could meet up with ragnarock in mobile. I should know within a few days...

And why was this tourney delayed? Lack of interest? Nvm just read it. And there aren't really any good dates during the school year. I could maybe go any given weekend but it just depends on how much school work I have at that point which is a major unknown up until right before the tourney.

Sariku

Smash Master
I might be helping my brother move that weekend, but if not and if you want to go to FAST 1 maybe we could meet up with ragnarock in mobile. I should know within a few days...

And why was this tourney delayed? Lack of interest?
I'm sorry I forgot to make a post. We had the venue secured, but the city of D'Iberville's Mayor is having a weddining, and he, sadly, choose our date for the place. All the rest around that are taken, so I don't know what day it will have to be.

Does anyone have good dates during school months? ._.
10 Charizards.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Look two posts up for the answer you seek.

EDIT: He beat me to it. Stupid internet =(

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well, looks like Baky won't be able to attend. By the time this tournament happens he will be the best Brawler in Afganistan or Iraq or some ****.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
What about something like Labor Day weekend? Students will all have the extra day, which would make traveling easier.

micheelgeorge

Smash Rookie
Re:A South Mississippi Brawl/Melee Tournament

Really looking forward to Brawl, Melee was a class game, only problem I have it that no one I know is as excited about it as I am. Ether they don’t own a Wii or they just don’t like this type of game… sadly this means I’m going to become THAT Person aren’t I, you know the one the one that spends to much time on the game so when I do manage to convince someone to try it I’ll kick there *** because I’ve done nothing for three months other than play this game.
-----------------
micheel
http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/mississippi

Top Bottom