• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
The beer was for me, Andrew. This just shows how ungrateful you all are.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
Perhaps they didn't know what kind of beer to get you.
exactly! they didn't want to buy beer you probably hate, and then woulda been worse if you had to forcefully drink them or randomly give them away. if you forcefully drink them, you hate us for getting the wrong beer. if you give them away, then we waste money getting beer for somebody else. so in retrospect, they were thinking ahead :p

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
you guys think perhaps we could additionally number the active melee players that are in austin on the first post and state their location and stuff? I know most are in campus but other than that...

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Dang it, every time, I always check this thread a day late ;~;

I haven't played anyone good since last club meeting.

Kal

Smash Champion
This weekend I'll be in Houston, but I think I'll try and set something up for next week. Or maybe Edgar can do his job and get some sort of club "meeting."

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Dear officers of Smash Club '10-'11,

Let me explain how you reserve rooms online. I think you can even reserve rooms during the summer if you wanted to hold some smash events at UT this summer!

Simply go to this site, http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sald/events/roomres.php, click "online room application form," and fill out this straightforward form. Good room choices would be WEL 1.316/1.308/3.502, JGB 2.324/2.216, ART 1.102, and UTC 2.102A. (See this pdf for other room ideas.) Remember that, to allow for time to set up before the meeting and move out afterwards, you'll want to set the room reservation times to maybe an hour before and after the planned meeting times. After you submit the form, it takes 2-4 working days for them to assign you a room, so it's best to submit at least a week before the date of reservation. They may change the times or choose a different room depending on what's available when.

If you plan to collect money:
If it is not membership dues, then you are supposed to collect it with the rolled ticketing procedure. However, it should be fine to collect a venue fee with the rolled ticketing procedure and collect tournament entry fees without it. Just remember that you must take all money collected with the ticketing procedure along with unsold tickets to the student organization bank within ten days. So, if you wanted to get pizza or something during the meeting, you cannot purchase it with the venue fees you collect; one of the officers must pay for it and get reimbursed from the club bank account later.

Before you hold any meetings, you guys should decide who will be the authorized banking representatives, add the names to the pink "bank account authorization form" I gave to Edgar, and turn that in to the student org bank. There must be between 2 and 5 banking reps. I recommend you have more than 2 since there's no drawback (it is no longer required for auth banking reps to attend a treasurer's workshop) and that way, when there is a need for somebody to go the bank, it is more likely that one person will be available to do so.

Feel free to contact me if you ever have questions about running the club. You can also find answers on the SALD website and in the student org manual.

One more thing: you guys should check the club email (texas.smash.club@gmail.com, PM me if you forgot the password) periodically, there have been a couple emails asking about the club patiently awaiting a response.

♥,
Clay
tirno get to it!
actually, it may be too late otherwise I'd plan it all myself.

G-Man512

Smash Rookie
Oh hey guys. So I only have one class on Friday from 1-2 and I was wondering if anybody (that lives on campus of course) would wanna play some friendlies before or after that time.

Kal

Smash Champion
I have two classes on Friday. I think I'm finished at 3:00 so I'd be happy to play then. However, this Friday is no good for me, as I'm headed to Katy.

Kal

Smash Champion
We need somebody who lives there, otherwise they'll kick us out.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
hey I gots no problem with dat.
How about first meeting weekend of 11th? I've got a car to transport set-ups, and one of us needs to get snacks.

But Edgar needs to at least post on here, keep us updated.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking first meeting this Saturday. I have to go to Houston on the weekend of the 11th.

Also, snacks are a no go until we figure out the budget. Last year I remember the club always owing Juan money cause of the snacks. Our club isn't aggressive about fees (and it may not be feasible anyways), and I'm not gonna have the club spending money it doesn't have.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'll be in lubbock this weekend so I won't be able to make it.

And I'll be gone again weekend of 18th, UT/Tech game. Basically only two weekends I can see my girlfriend.
I do have Clay's Wii with me, including a Melee disc.
Edgar, I'm guessing all those TVs are in ur apartment?

Kal

Smash Champion
I also have a laggy TV. Since people are going to be gone this weekend, why don't we just have it next week?

Top Bottom