• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
oh no a smash fest with one less campy sheik wut will we do? like rly

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't think any of us are as good as SoS, though. I'm maybe close possibly but not really.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
the only memory i have of SoS is him getting 4 stocked by FLT's fox vs his marth on FD hahaha.

and some others but thats the most vivid one..

And i'm nowhere near SoS in skill level, the people i could toe-to-toe with were like fear and mrc

MT_

Smash Ace
You know, I think having IT2 on August 21 is a poor decision. That's the weekend everyone is moving back to college and **** so the turnout is going to be ****ty compared to the first. Anyways, if they have IT2 on 8/21 then chances are I won't be able to attend. They should have it a week earlier or something.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
How could it be any worse than 20 ****ing people? Half of Houston didn't show and it was in their own ****ing town. FAIL

MT_

Smash Ace
I wish I had played melee back when it was more popular. 25 people is like the biggest I've ever been to...lol

reqy

Smash Journeyman
lol good luck with tournaments in Austin. They happen only when the stars align and that's only getting someone to host.

Can't even get any successful melee gatherings going. (Smashfest just sounds kinky to say <_<).

I miss Jester Fridays.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
I wish I had played melee back when it was more popular. 25 people is like the biggest I've ever been to...lol
I just wish I lived in California or Florida, the smash scenes over there are very active and almost anyone is willing to have smashfests and tourneys. We have to try here in Texas lol.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to host a smashfest after I get settled into my new apartment. I'd hold one this weekend, but I gotta move out.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hey matt remember when you came back from christmas break claiming to have improved tremendously by playing your sister's boyfriend? lolz.
I wonder how much you improved this time

MT_

Smash Ace
Yea my sister's boyfriend was serious business. Anyway I have played a bit with the Houston community here and while at first I was getting owned I'm now able to hold my own against most of them. You guys better watch out because I'm a lot better than I was before summer! Also, I found out that I'm moving into my apartment on the 14th. Holy crap summer is about to end...

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
lucky you. the san antonio community's dead and lazy and whenever I had the time/felt like playing, they're all 'I don't feel like playing today' or 'I'm not in town.'
I've practiced about 4 times this summer and haven't touched falco at all. I've been aching to play somebody but I'm not at the position to go around cities traveling and stuff. will you be going back to houston next summer?

MT_

Smash Ace
Lol next summer? Who knows. Hopefully I'll be in some place crazy doing some crazy internship like Singapore or China or Hong Kong or California or Boston or Florida. But if I get rejected from everything I apply to like I did this year then yeah I'll probably be back in Houston lol.

@Rohan my sister's boyfriend (did I mention it's ex-boyfriend now?) was pretty **** good. He was solidly above me back in winter and probably around Edgar's level back then. But he doesn't play that much and I have gotten a better so I THINK I'd be able to beat him (but who knows). He's too busy doing stuff like attending Brown University, scoring high on the MCAT, and making a good life for himself. Lul.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
dang.
I'm just kinda disappointed since I think we'll hardly get to play. you know how we always used to chase justin around and he was either always working or hanging out with his friends? I think that's gonna be me during this year and I was thinking it would simmer down during next summer. but if you got aspirations to go somewhere... dang. I supposed there are still people in austin though, but I got a liking to you since we both kinda got better at around the same pace and you don't **** that hard.

MT_

Smash Ace
Lol were you going to be in Houston next summer? Anyways we can always play during meetings, and maybe I can stop by at Jester from time to time to get some in (are you living at Jester again?).

ANYWAY just so you know I DO **** that hard now. =)

Kal

Smash Champion
Would people prefer a smashfest on Friday or on Saturday?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
lol good luck with tournaments in Austin. They happen only when the stars align and that's only getting someone to host.

Can't even get any successful melee gatherings going. (Smashfest just sounds kinky to say <_<).

I miss Jester Fridays.
This. Jester Fridays <3 Also, Friday would be better for me.

Kal

Smash Champion
Saturday it is. I suppose if enough people want to come over Friday, I can have smash fests both nights (or sort of a "friday night + all of saturday" smash fest).

Top Bottom