• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
No I don't wanna MM you, that takes the fun out of Melee for me. The way we currently play I'm my most relaxed, and I hence play my best, until I get tired.
But I like to think you're trying your hardest when you play against me.

And if you'd been watching Matt, you'd know its not BS. If you're claiming I can't say that cuz I haven't faced Clay in tournament-like conditions on that stage, it aint gonna happen.

btw, anyone else seen Inception?

Kal

Smash Champion
I ****ing hate it when you are required to complete a game once in order to unlock the hardest difficulty. It's even worse when they encourage some pseudo replay value by forcing you to beat the game to unlock each higher difficulty. Thanks a lot NGII.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
My bro Josh made a sweeet logo for the OP of our thread and avatar for our smashboards account! I have sent an email to the club gmail account with these images attached.

Taku

Smash Rookie
Yeah Rohan, great job ending it early by making your point and tacking on a remark at the end stating that you don't want to argue. You know, if you don't want to argue, don't argue.

Matt: **** you. You don't like the arguments, great, but adding little obnoxious remarks doesn't help. Ever hear of the ignore feature? Nothing would make me happier than to discover that you no longer pay attention to what I have to say.

Andrew, why do you always have something to say when Rohan and I get into an argument? It's not like it's super-****ing-difficult to skip over our posts, and it's not as though we're taxing the world's limited resources by debating on smashboards.
This is the most butthurt post i've read in this whole thread, congrats !

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Awesome changes!
Can I just be a runaway stormtrooper? =D

Oh yeah, you could add the youtube channel to the first post. I can just delete the post I first made for the club after you do that.

Hey Matt, how would you like to travel all the way to Alief to play me? Are you still taking summer classes?

Kal

Smash Champion
Be glad that games like that at least have difficulty modes.
If you think this way, you'll just encourage poor standards in video games. The developers would absolutely love for the consumer to just be "grateful" for what they dish out, without inserting any critical thought into what they purchase.

Justin, I changed your rank to "Derelict Stormtrooper." I think the word "derelict" is cool.

Who's down for smash tonight?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If you think this way, you'll just encourage poor standards in video games. The developers would absolutely love for the consumer to just be "grateful" for what they dish out, without inserting any critical thought into what they purchase.
That's true, but the thing is, a large number of people need to think that way for the developers to change their minds. Hence why Nintendo isn't really listening to what hardcore gamers want now, and why they're receiving so much hate from them.

There's so many casual gamers who would rather just buy the game, beat it, and give no 2nd thought to higher difficulty settings.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not going to disagree that they probably won't change it because of a small number of complaints. On the other hand, that doesn't really justify the "you should just be grateful" attitude. Also, it depends largely on what we are asking to be changed. Some things are easy enough to change without harming sales or even changing the experience for other gamers. It doesn't effect the rest of the market to have the harder difficulties unlocked by default. I lost my Bayonetta save and have to go back through on normal and hard in order to continue PP running nonstop climax, which is bull ****.

Also, I'm almost positive Nintendo will announce a WiiHD soon in order to win more hardcore gamers. The Wii only displaying in 480 made sense when it was released, because many people hadn't yet translated to HDTVs, but now they would benefit from the release of such a console. Since they've already won the casual market, the logical next step (which goes hand-in-hand with the transition to HDTVs) is to try and win over the hardcore gamer market.

Also, if the WiiHD is a significantly more powerful machine than the Wii, we can expect ports of games from the other consoles. Most game developers would be more than happy to port their titles to the WiiHD for an easy profit.

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/07/02/nintendo-wiihd-last-console-youll-ever-need-says-analyst/

Rohan, you mentioned possibly staying in Houston in the fall. Is that the plan?

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
if a WiiHD were to come out, you're right, companies can port alot of their games to Wii. but i severely doubt we would see a WiiHD. Michael Pachter has been predicting WiiHD for years already. even Nintendo themselves said they are uninterested in it.

im not a big graphics ***** as i care more about the gameplay rather than it looking exceedingly over the top.

Kal

Smash Champion
When did Nintendo say it was uninterested in the WiiHD? Also, I don't care about fantastic graphics. I just want my console to be able to display in high definition. That, and games wouldn't lag as much on an HDTV if they were rendered in HD.

MT_

Smash Ace
Justin I'll think about it. I haven't been playing anyone recently because I've been all smashed out from HOBO and IT. If I ever become THAT desperate for smash that I need to play you then maybe =P.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I try not to constantly think about it Andrew cuz its stressing the **** out of me, but yeah, they apparently enjoy keeping me in suspense.

It's a combination of the problem with my application, and my cumulative GPA thanks to starting in Engineering, and my grade in Historical Linguistics, the most ****ing ******** class in the world.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
i live in south part of town, but getting around isn't hard for me either:laugh:
Someone else on the southern side of austin? Should really play sometime soon (PM if interested?).

Austin should seriously get a non-last-minute fest going on at least once over the summer since some people are here for school and/or visiting over the summer.

MVPaintballer said:
hai guys

do u guys still play a lot of melee? I'll be a freshman this year at UT so yeah.
You going to be living in the dorms?

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
@Matt: That desperate?
JERK! haha, I'm up for it any time though

Derelict sounds cool... if I were neglected and didn't have a home haha. I guess I will be though for the next year... meh.

Is anyone actually going to Apex, or Good S*** German? Just wondering.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
Okay!

I'm moving in 8/20 at night, Are you guys getting together to smash anytime near after that?? Im really eager to get back into melee, I have a cube

Kal

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind throwing a smash fest for you that night. If that's too soon, I can set up a smash fest whenever you're ready.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Kal or Edgar, you should update the OP and avatar with those cool logos Josh made. I sent them in png format to the club gmail address.

Edit: also maybe add link to our facebook group to OP. AND would be cool to embed our google calendar on OP.

Kal

Smash Champion
@Matt: That desperate?
JERK! haha, I'm up for it any time though

Derelict sounds cool... if I were neglected and didn't have a home haha. I guess I will be though for the next year... meh.

Is anyone actually going to Apex, or Good S*** German? Just wondering.
I was worried about this too, but luckily, it's considered proper to call someone derelict if he neglects his duties:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/derelict

–adjective
left or deserted, as by the owner or guardian; abandoned: a derelict ship.
neglectful of duty; delinquent; negligent.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
There is a chance that Insane Triumph 2 will occur on that day. If it is, Austin can't miss it or darkrain will cry. (and if darkrain misses it everyone will cry lol)

Top Bottom