• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shiameyo

Smash Rookie
Thanks but as I said, won't be in Austin until Monday, so I'll have to miss this smashfest either way.

Be happy to go to the ones after this one though haha.

Kal

Smash Champion
I sent several players League of Legends invitations to come play. It's free and really fun! Hopefully I'll see some of you guys online.

MT_

Smash Ace
Kal you should hit me up on LoL. If you're new then I wouldn't mind teaching you (and any others) some of what I know of the game. My IGN is sworly.

Kal

Smash Champion
Thanks for noticing Sharif. <3 We should play LoL some time.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So at your gatherings at your place Kal is it just melee or is there SSF4 and other games? Also is there drinking involved?! I'll be moving back very soon thats why I'm asking! :D

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
we had demon souls, melee, and bayonetta this past saturday. the previous time kal's friend had mvc3 and sf4. no drinking either time however 'cause we were all broke and didn't want to go buy stuff.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Awesome, well I can contribute alcohol here whenever I move back for drunken shenanigans maybe? If Kal is okay with that. MvC3 and SF4 ****! :D

Kal

Smash Champion
How about instead of those games, we just play smash? >_>

Shiameyo

Smash Rookie
In Austin now, if anyone wants to smash near campus (red river). Or I can go to you.

Also, go HoN instead of/ in addition to LoL (or at least wait and buy it when the next $10 deal comes out). LoL's an okay game (I play with my roommates), but HoN is just much more competitive (and we're the competitive type, are we not?).

Kal

Smash Champion
I can play Saturday but on Sunday morning I'm driving to SA.

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
I'm up for playing on Saturday. Granted, I would be coming later in the day, like 6:30-ish.

But, me and Kal can play more LoL! (and I can get wrecked by Anne and Miss Fortune Bots)

XD Haha I just realized the pun in her name; wow.

MT_

Smash Ace
Holy crap Sharif I've been playing this game since forever and didn't notice the pun until you just mentioned it to me...LOL

And for the record, I won't be in Austin at all this summer so I won't be able to join any smashfests =(

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
We play almost every weekend. Wasn't the last smashfest advertised in this thread? In any case, just call me or hit me up on AIM and maybe we could play during the week (my info's in the OP).

Kal

Smash Champion
I may not be able to host anything. Since I hosted the last one, I think Tirno should host this one. Seems like a good idea for us to alternate regardless, so that no one can ***** about the distance traveled.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
can I get there around 12-ish and play with ya? I would like to get a couple of hour's practice before I leave.

offtopic, I would've liked to host a smashfest but I have now moved back to san antonio ('till fall semester) so I won't get to go to all those crazy parties. am I kicked out of the thread?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
can I get there around 12-ish and play with ya? I would like to get a couple of hour's practice before I leave.
Sure. Also, I have three TVs but only one Melee-box. If people could bring another console + Melee, that'd be nice.

offtopic, I would've liked to host a smashfest but I have now moved back to san antonio ('till fall semester) so I won't get to go to all those crazy parties. am I kicked out of the thread?
GTFO <3

MT_

Smash Ace
By the way Edgar I don't think I'm gonna be able to pick up my TV anytime soon. Sorry to make you take care of it for me >_>.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So I'm finally back in Austin TX. What setups weekly are there if any? I might be able to play sometimes during the week but not often. Anyway yeah hit me back.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok, so smash fest at my place on Saturday. However, it would be best if AustinRC and Tirno left their firewood and matches at home, to keep camping to a minimum.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
As long I can bring my gun and infinite ammo.

Also, I hear there's a tourney in Galveston this next weekend, and then one in Houston the weekend after that. Since Wobbles is in Houston now, I assume he's likely to be at both. Anybody interested?

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Ohhh snap, 'ish just got real up in here. XD I'm really tempted to quote that one saying Kal likes, but I'll be polite.

I definitely lol'd when I read that comment though. Oh, and yay for smashfest! =]

Top Bottom