• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Minnesota Tourney series

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If you're interested in being interviewed for featured smasher and you will be at this tournament, please send me the following in a pm:

Name
Melee or brawl
Main(s)
When did you start playing smash?
What makes you unique or different from other smashers?

Wake

Smash Master
MMs with Deepak and Lucas... you guys are crazy!

1. Teflon- $1 mm
2. Luca- $1 mm
3. Lucas- $? (we should make it like $1-2 since Deepak will be taking my money)
4. Deepak- $5

I think I'll have to cut my MM's here! haha (Moe still owes me like $2 from our MM. I guess if I get that, I'll mm someone else if they really want to...)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
My priorities for tomorrow will be:

1) Playing melee teams
2) playing melee singles
3) recording melee
4) recording brawl
4.5) recording a featured smasher interview
5) playing brawl singles
6) mm'ing everyone I can (bring your 1's and 5's ppl)

edit: Oh yeah, zeus lets talk about psychology at this tournament!

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
people really need to get here before noon for doubles.

and dont just bring 20's!

and setups of course

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Shoutouts post!

I had such a great time at this tournament today. Thanks so much to Ocho for hosting!! Sorry to anyone who I forget when going through these shoutouts, I'm sure I'll forget someone :(

Tempest: Always a pleasure teaming with you! We had our on games and our off games. When we were on, we were doing really well. I'll be looking into that chipotle sponsership :bee:. Nice job in singles, I hope your sets vs Deepak and Zeus got recorded. I would have watched them but I got so distracted playing friendlies with all the people I haven't had a chance to play with in so long.

Disciple: Thanks for teaming with me in Brawl. I gave it my best shot!! Wish I would have done better. Though I think I was starting to improve and your advice was really helping. Nice work in melee, I thought you and Zeus had the GF in that 2nd set after you pulled off game 2.

Chexr: You're too good at Melee. Honestly wtf. Let me know if you or Aaron ever want a noob to beat up on and I'll stop by and provide my services.

Zeus: I learned a lot watching you play teams today. You have such good game sense. I am looking forward to the next time we play each other, it's always fun playing against you.

Deepak: If I were to give anyone free food, it would be you. It just seems right.

TripleR: Absolutely outstanding performance in melee teams. I hope all the hype from the commentary wasn't distracting. It didn't seem to be because you were owning. Fun sets in brawl and fun times in melee friendlies at the end. I think that's one of the first times I've played anything besides your kirby in melee. Marth Dair, too good!

Ocho: Thanks for showing me that platform shield/aerial trick, you made me realize how useful it was by using it on me a bunch in our friendlies. Thanks again for hosting a great event! And thanks for letting me use the power strip.

VI MHFLUX IV: wtf I don't think we played at all. :( Hang out soon. Nice job commentating!

Abbie: Awesome sketches! Thanks for commentating too. ...is that the one about the demon baby??

Velinxs: Only got to play a few, but they were fun. It was great seeing you again, hope to see you again soon!

Austin: Thanks for the tip for fighting Kirby

JayJay: I might have to steal some of the dtilt stuff you were doing with falco, those were pretty boss.

Nappy: Thanks for trolling the **** out of me with every character in brawl. You're really good at that game. Idk how you lost.

Amanze: Always a pleasure to hang out with you, thanks for the brawl friendlies and melee Samus advice.

Moe: You have cool glasses, sir.

Marinator: So glad you made it, it was fun playing with you. Hope to see you around at upcoming events!

Wake: Holy crap you got really good. Super intense tourny set, and fun friendlies!!

Teflon_Climbers: I'll probably be giving you a call sometime this week to come over and play some LoL :)

Everyone: Thanks for being smashers, I really enjoy our community, and it's people like YOU that make it that way.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts post!

I had such a great time at this tournament today. Thanks so much to Ocho for hosting!! Sorry to anyone who I forget when going through these shoutouts, I'm sure I'll forget someone :(

Tempest: Always a pleasure teaming with you! We had our on games and our off games. When we were on, we were doing really well. I'll be looking into that chipotle sponsership :bee:. Nice job in singles, I hope your sets vs Deepak and Zeus got recorded. I would have watched them but I got so distracted playing friendlies with all the people I haven't had a chance to play with in so long.

Disciple: Thanks for teaming with me in Brawl. I gave it my best shot!! Wish I would have done better. Though I think I was starting to improve and your advice was really helping. Nice work in melee, I thought you and Zeus had the GF in that 2nd set after you pulled off game 2.

Chexr: You're too good at Melee. Honestly wtf. Let me know if you or Aaron ever want a noob to beat up on and I'll stop by and provide my services.

Zeus: I learned a lot watching you play teams today. You have such good game sense. I am looking forward to the next time we play each other, it's always fun playing against you.

Deepak: If I were to give anyone free food, it would be you. It just seems right.

TripleR: Absolutely outstanding performance in melee teams. I hope all the hype from the commentary wasn't distracting. It didn't seem to be because you were owning. Fun sets in brawl and fun times in melee friendlies at the end. I think that's one of the first times I've played anything besides your kirby in melee. Marth Dair, too good!

Ocho: Thanks for showing me that platform shield/aerial trick, you made me realize how useful it was by using it on me a bunch in our friendlies. Thanks again for hosting a great event! And thanks for letting me use the power strip.

VI MHFLUX IV: wtf I don't think we played at all. :( Hang out soon. Nice job commentating!

Abbie: Awesome sketches! Thanks for commentating too. ...is that the one about the demon baby??

Velinxs: Only got to play a few, but they were fun. It was great seeing you again, hope to see you again soon!

Austin: Thanks for the tip for fighting Kirby

JayJay: I might have to steal some of the dtilt stuff you were doing with falco, those were pretty boss.

Nappy: Thanks for trolling the **** out of me with every character in brawl. You're really good at that game. Idk how you lost.

Amanze: Always a pleasure to hang out with you, thanks for the brawl friendlies and melee Samus advice.

Moe: You have cool glasses, sir.

Marinator: So glad you made it, it was fun playing with you. Hope to see you around at upcoming events!

Wake: Holy crap you got really good. Super intense tourny set, and fun friendlies!!

Teflon_Climbers: I'll probably be giving you a call sometime this week to come over and play some LoL :)

Everyone: Thanks for being smashers, I really enjoy our community, and it's people like YOU that make it that way.

^this guys so nice

shout outs :D

Heath, gj in teams :) but your right, we were kinda on and off in our team work it felt like, it was fun when we were on, and just kinda frustrating when we weren't, but oh well. GG's. fun set in singles too, wish we coulda recorded, but you probably have enough videos to deal with already lol.

Chexr, I'm surprised i did so well against you in singles, even if it was a 2-0 sweep, both matches were fairly close, and i almost had a sweet comeback in game 2, we should hang out sometime i wanna see this MvC3 stuff.

Zeus, your falco is so incredibly annoying in teams (which is a good thing). good **** in singles tho, it's fun to watch you play, i try to take tips when i watch you.

RRR, wow your kirby was really playing well in melee teams, but i think thats about all i got to see of it. :/

Deepak, thank you for letting me stay the night and stuff. good games all around.

(note: i find it funny i have less and less to say about each smasher i get too, i'm really tired tho :/ johns...)

Kyle, i dont think we played wtf lol

Wake, damn your peach really REALLY stepped up, but you still can't touch this marth :) :) :)

Marinator, i think by the time i had to play you, i had already won 3 sets vs peach, so i was kinda in that peach slayer mode, but GG's, and good luck working on some new characters, your sheik wasn't too shabby.

i'm probably missin some ppl, but i'm gonna go pass out.

GG's to all who i forgot <3

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Ya I think most of our "off"ness was caused by me being nervous and losing focus. It's my biggest obstacle in smash right now. I feel like I have tech stuff and decision making pretty good, but only when I can focus on what's going on instead of other stuff, idk.

MVC is so fun Matt, you'd love it.

Btw, speaking of mvc3, delayed shoutout to Mike E: You were missed today, hope to see you at the next tourney man!

Wake

Smash Master
This was an awesome tourney! Thanks for hosting Ocho!

Stevie- Keep coming to tournies and work on that Marth and Falcon! ggs

Sin- You're pretty good in Melee so stop saying you aren't! I'll take you out in Brawl one of these days, just wait!

Daniel- I'm not sure if your Ganon was very used to the Peach match up, but your Fox is awesome!

Tempest- I'm not exactly sure, but I think you've knocked me out of almost every tournament I've ever been to hahaha. You're one of the few smashers that actually intimidate me in the game. I get so nervous when I see that I have to play against you because it'll be brutal haha. I really enjoy playing against you though. I'll catch up to you soon and your little Marth too!

Sparrow- That Falco. I can't wait to play you again, you're so good. I'll watch that Rainbow Cruise match once you upload it. I actually think it's fun playing there.

Ocho- Thanks for hosting. I didn't play you in tourney, but we played a lot of friendlies so it's all good.

Max- I neither played you nor saw any of your matches :urg: We will play next tourney!

RRR- Good job today. I didn't play you at all though, and I really wanted to. Oh well, next time.

Jim- Nice Peach! I think you're much better at the Falcon match up than I am. Falcon wrecks me haha. We actually didn't play in tourney this time! Wow!

Teflon- I beat you in that MM, but Flux beat me right after so I lost all of it (all of it being 1 dollar haha). You're really fun to play against.

Chexr- Good job winning singles and doubles. You are so good, hopefully some of the rest of MN will be able to make you flinch soon.

Flux- We only played like 2 matches, and both of those involved you taking my money :(

Seed- Good job! I'm always rooting for you! Keep playing and you'll be really good!

Amanze- The one time I get to play you Amanze and you don't even use Samus against me... I hope we play in brackets next tournament.

Anyone I might've forgotten... sorry about that...

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
melee singles
1: Chexr
2: Zeus
3: Tempest
4: Deepak
5: Sparrow
5: Disciple
7: Maronator
7: TripleR
9: Wake
9: Max
9: FluxGoesHard
9: Jim!
13: Daniel
13: TD
13: Ocho
13: PD
17: Seed
17: Sin242
17: Jay
17: Ian
17: Teflon
17: Casey
17: Nick
17: Mez
25: Battleaxe
25: Phinehas
25: Stevie
25: Josh
25: AFS

melee doubles:
1: ChexRRR
2: Zues & Disciple
3: Chipotle for Breakfast (tempest heath)
4: Wishdragon (deepak max)
5: Jake & PD
5: TD & Jim
7: Purple Stuff (battleaxe mez)
7: No Drugs (teflon abby)
9: Pete & Kurt
9: Joe and Dylan

brawl singles:
1: based god ($45.50)
2: Sin242 ($13.00)
3: D. Disciple ($6.50)
4: kjell
5: Amanze
5: Breezy
7: colin
7: near
9: xeelt
9: Sparrow
9: Triple R
9: wake
13: Seed

brawl doubles:
1: sin and amanze ($48.00)
2: just bought a chicken... AND IT COST THIRTEHHHHHHH ($24.00)
3: kirbstomp ($8.00)
4: black history month
5: african americans
5: 1 coke
7: curt and pete
7: team mutt

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
moe got first, using the name based god.

nappy lost to colin and moe.

tripleR lost to sin and nappy i think

Triple R

Smash Lord
Sin242 entered singles bracket and got 2nd? Lol how the hell? What happened to Triple R and Moe and Nappy? Good stuff either way.
moe got first, using the name based god.

nappy lost to colin and moe.

tripleR lost to sin and nappy i think
Yeah, based god = Moe and kjell = Nappy

I lost to Sin in winners, which was a pretty legit set. Then Nappy decided to sandbag and drop a match to a kid in winners because his controller wasn't working. This in the process doomed me or him to basically last in the tourney. The bracket was seeded good, it just happened to be how stuff worked out. In the end it's kinda funny how much it mixed things up.

Shoutouts in a little bit.

Top Bottom