• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Minnesota Tourney series

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i don't think i'll need a place to crash deepak.

mostly because i told aaron i'd pick him up. i wish i could come over and play before the tourney, but then i'd have to back track to get aaron :(

edit: anyone bringing a recording set up??

i'd like to try and record some if possible. no biggie if no ones bringing one though.

Sin242

Smash Cadet
I second tempest bringing a recording setup, I've never had a melee match filmed and I've always wanted to.

Maybe he can leave it for brawl too LOL

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
L

I have a concert this weekend. Have fun gents, do well and such.

As for requests for when to do it in February, I'd rather do it not the weekend of the 19th. Spending my birthday with smash friends is cool, but I want to get smashed here in ND for my bday.

<3 you guys though, seriously.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I second tempest bringing a recording setup, I've never had a melee match filmed and I've always wanted to.

Maybe he can leave it for brawl too LOL
i didn't say i'm bringing one. i don't have one. i asked if someone is

Triple R

Smash Lord
3 days! Hype!

On the recording side of things, anyone who has hacked their Wiis probably should just get infinite replay hacks. I don't see why they wouldn't already if they hacked their Wii for textures and other stuff. Seems like an obvious thing to get.

yoshq

Smash Master
3 days! Hype!

On the recording side of things, anyone who has hacked their Wiis probably should just get infinite replay hacks. I don't see why they wouldn't already if they hacked their Wii for textures and other stuff. Seems like an obvious thing to get.
only thing is they would have to get the forced replay save as well. otherwise the situation in a serious match happens 90% of the time to be that the person who lost forgets to save the replay because they are salty and the person who won doesn't want to be a ****.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i need a teammate for melee im down to team w pretty much anyone good preferrably a spacie but anythings cool

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I'm Mike. I think I posted a long time ago about how I would be moving from Austin/SA TX to Minneapolis. Well I'm here! I haven't played Smash in a very long time but I'll definitely be attending on saturday. Ill see how bad TX sucks compared to MN ; ). I plan to definitely do Brawl singles and I'll probably convince myself to do Melee singles as well. If any1 wants to team with "the new guy" for Brawl or Melee I would also be interested. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the tourney.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
welcome axewray, you should def. register for our local forum MNSmash too! (www.z6.invisionfree.com/mnsmash) theres a lot more threads than just this one to keep in touch with us and a chatbox at the bottom for im's and such. also you have to register in order to see the forum because we had too many spammers X)

andd looks like im teaming with amanze pretty sure we're gonna win easyyyy

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
Hey everyone,

I'm Mike. I think I posted a long time ago about how I would be moving from Austin/SA TX to Minneapolis. Well I'm here! I haven't played Smash in a very long time but I'll definitely be attending on saturday. Ill see how bad TX sucks compared to MN ; ). I plan to definitely do Brawl singles and I'll probably convince myself to do Melee singles as well. If any1 wants to team with "the new guy" for Brawl or Melee I would also be interested. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the tourney.
thats great!

welcome to Minnesota!

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

cool, did you know bluezaft?? he's from texas too and just moved up here not too long ago.

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
LOL. Yup I know Bluezaft he lived in SA before he moved to Dallas. I used to host bi-weeklys at my house for SSBM and he would come a good bit. Funny story too. I had a tourney a long time ago and there wasn't a high attendance but he was there and at the time he mained Marth. Well he won every match except to me b/c I also played Marth at the time and Marth dittos in SSBM were terrible lol. Ahh, good times. I'm excited to have many more good times here, and from what I've seen so far all the MN Smashers seem like awesome and welcoming people.

So, thanks for the wonderful welcome guys and I look forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm going to embarass the people who actually care about melee by beating at least a few of you :D

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
Thanks Triple R!

And unfortunately I don't have a setup to bring but I'm working on getting my Wii back and investing in a cheapy tv for future tourneys.

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
I had a ton of fun! Glad to meet all of you! Txt/call me at 2103856804 if you hosting any other casuals/tourneys soon. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Im glad you came too mike!

& everyone should post shoutouts and stuff in the thread in the results discussion section. I updated the thread.

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
I'll enter melee next time for sure, especially if you guys teach me some stuff.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Hey the sooner you get the February date up, the sooner you'll know if North Dakota is coming.

Please do the 26th, I've got obligations up until then XD

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
all I know for february is it wont be on the 19th. 26th is sounding like a good option right now.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you're not thinking about doing it the 19th. I want to get smashed hardcore on my birthday lol.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I know this is 3 weeks away yet, but it's never too early!

Nappy do you wanna team for Brawl?

Any takers for Melee?

Wake

Smash Master
Ok so February 26... Is Melee going to be first this time? I thought I heard people talking about the order of Melee and Brawl altenating every monthly.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
the games dont necessarily switch which one goes first. every time i just do which one i feel like will work better for most people. hasn't been decided yet.

Top Bottom