• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Kentucky 2/28/09 BRAWL PARADISE! ***METAKNIGHT BANNED***

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yep, that's why i wasnt wanting to explain why i like the olimar vs mk matchup lol
but it's all good, you can use whomever you'd like :D

and infern!
"olimar vs ike vs pirate ship" money match
;D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, i just have a lot of mk experience. by matchup i mean... the way the characters have to fight each other. The way the matchup works.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I think anyone who plays activly in torunaments by default has alot of mk experience @.@. I don't mind the match up as much as i once did but meh its still hard IF the mk is good. if the mk is average i generally tear them apart.

Paper ratios dont mean everything, especially when it excludes player skill and mindgames. I always chuckle a little bit when someone blindly goes to mk against me in game 2 when its not their main, and have not practiced him much.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've had a lot of people ask where we're holding the tournament.

I will provide some very easy directions on how to get to the UK tournament:
If you have any questions, you can contact me [Eric] at 606-434-9996 and I will do my best to have you here and playing Smash Bros. in a jiffy!
Mister Eric’s awesome directions:
ALRIGHTY!

1.) Coming in from I-64E or I-64W, take exit 113 into Lexington. (Not 115, or these directions won’t help you).
2.) Once you take that exit, turn right off of it.
3.) Now continue driving straight until you get to the downtown area and then begin looking for Maxwell St. (It will be after the Rupp Arena).
4.) Turn LEFT on Maxwell and after a few lights you will see Martin Luther street.
5.) Turn RIGHT there.
6.) Now it will only be but about 15 seconds before you see a really big parking lot to your left. You can park there. (If you're unsure whether it is the right lot or not, look for a big letter "E" [for employee] on a sign as you're pulling in). There is free parking here on weekends so don't worry.
7.) Once parked, start walking in the direction you were driving when you turned into the parking lot. You will soon arrive to Avenue of Champions, if you cross that street and look dead ahead, you should be able to spot The Student Center clearly.
8.) You should see a building with a lot of glass windows surrounding it, that is the UK Bookstore part of the Student Center. Take the sidewalk to the right of that building, and follow it until you see an entrance on your left leading to the bookstore.
9.) When you see this, turn right instead and you should spot a small set of steps leading to the right entrance of the SC. Your best bet is to take the doors that is directly infront of those small set of steps but furthest away.
10.) Once you enter inside, you'll be in a lobby with a Dance Dance Revolution machine and vending machines. Right beside the vending machines are a set of stairs (or an elevator if needed). Go to the third floor and Waa-laa! You are now ready to beat some fools at Smash Bros!

goodkid

Smash Lord
why have a MK banned tourney? the same people that win w/ MK will still win because their player skill is very good. Plus having MK banned is not preparing smashers for national/large regional tournies, where 50% is MK. That still leaves Snake & the other high tiers that dominate the rest -_-

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
why have a MK banned tourney? the same people that win w/ MK will still win because their player skill is very good. Plus having MK banned is not preparing smashers for national/large regional tournies, where 50% is MK. That still leaves Snake & the other high tiers that dominate the rest -_-
let's... not start a mk debate in here please.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
I agree. I'd prefer MK weren't banned, seeing as how I main him, but that would increase the chance of OS and Kel coming, and I could probably beat most MK's in the area but them, so yeah. Let's just drop the subject.

e__

Smash Ace
I agree. I'd prefer MK weren't banned, seeing as how I main him, but that would increase the chance of OS and Kel coming, and I could probably beat most MK's in the area but them, so yeah. Let's just drop the subject.
Kel mains MK, if anything this would be a tournament he's less likely to go to.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I like how no one challenges the robot.
Must mean something ^_^

I sense that the Gods will be in the building?

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
$1 MM against bloodyhands ROB.

Also yeah its looking like we will be going, prepare yourselves!

Also Shadown Pheonix, $5 Crew battle against The God Kais?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Meta-knight is banned.

Debating about whether it is a good idea to ban meta-knight is BANNED!

Anyone else want a taste of the mighty ban-hammer?

woo

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta-knight is banned.

Debating about whether it is a good idea to ban meta-knight is BANNED!

Anyone else want a taste of the mighty ban-hammer?

woo
I banned your mom last night.

That ***** cped Metaknight. =\

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
how about me debating whether or not we should be able to debate about him being banned ;D

looking forward to this btw
delvro/may has a decision on pools been decided upon? or will that be decided during the tournament?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm looking forward to it too. ^.^ btw I have some tokens I got for free so if anyone wants to play ddr it will be free for them, just ask me.

Hilt, we're not sure how many tvs/people will show up so it's going to be decided during the tournament. I think something like 60 and less people there will be pools.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
If my crew is able to get that much money, sure. But honestly, it's doubtful that one of our members will be. If he does, that would be fine by me however.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm going to have to recommend singles only be bracket. it seems a lot of people are wanting to play friendlies and MMs. plus even though you may have the room late, some may not be able to stay as late. like paladin for instance. but this is only a suggestion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I'm here, I will crew battle any crew. Me vs. their crew.

For every person you get, I get 3 stocks from a different character. $1, $5, $10 per person in a crew, I pay the exact same amount as your crew combined if I lose for you to divide between you all.

MK not banned in my crew battles.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
If I'm here, I will crew battle any crew. Me vs. their crew.

For every person you get, I get 3 stocks from a different character. $1, $5, $10 per person in a crew, I pay the exact same amount as your crew combined if I lose for you to divide between you all.

MK not banned in my crew battles.
I've never heard of MK being banned in a crew battle... or anywhere, outside of small tournies like this one. Besides, aren't you pro-MK ban?

Top Bottom