• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unique Peach Edge Gaurds.

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
We all know that peach has amazing recovery, and can pull off some pretty nasty edgegaurds. But while some people stick to the basic ledge gaurd, or turnip barrage, there are other ways of edgegaurding that are not only Effective, but flashy. :grin:

Here are a few edgegaurds that I myself have thought up of.​

1) While the opponent is recovering back to the stage, quickly grab a turnip throw it in the air, grab another and throw it at the recovering opponent, once you throw the turnip quickly jump and grab the first turnip youve thrown and launch it again at the opponent, while your falling from your last turnip throw, quicly float and Either F,U,B-Air your opponent. This edgegaurd is very effective at higher %'s.

2) A Very simple edgegaurd, barely jump off the ledge with a turnip in hand ( While Facing the stage), and drop the turnip on the opponent, it should land near the ledge , it should then hit the recovering opponent, quickly drop down and give them a good B-Air. This is very effective on opponents with predictable recoverys, and can often times send them at a extremely poor angle.

Take this Forum as a chance to share your creative peach edgegaurds, So that the Peach community out there can develop a whole list of new and exciting edgegaurds. .

JthmNny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bob-Omb
Well its not very flashy but I like to backair ff onto someone hanging onto the edge, not going off the ledge just onto the tip of it, works preety well

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
Heres another way to do a edgegaurd, (This only works on opponents with predictable recoverys ex: Cfalc, Gan). Simply knock the opponent off, quickly jump off the stage, (Facing the Stage), allow yourself to fall slightly below the ledge of the stage, quickly Start a float and move slightly away from the ledge, allowing the recovoring opponent to almost reach it, when they make their approach to the Ledge, give them a F-Air, if done correctly it should send them into the side of the stage and put them in a difficult spot.: Comeon Peach Players we need some more ideas.

Clouded Reason

Smash Rookie
I tend to edgeguard differently depending on who I am playing against. Against space animals, B-air can knock them out of either side or up b recovery as long as you time it well. . . and nothing's more badass than hitting someone with peach's HUGE ***. for sword-ish recoveries from below, i drop turnips and wait for the downsmash edgeguard.

The jiggz strat is mad stylish. . . throw a turnip straight up, throw another one straight out, and jiggz is forced to float in between the two. . . jump into jiggz with the n-air, works wonders i tell ya.

If you want to have fun. . . on people with slower getbacks, float to the other side of them, toss the turnip at them (sending them into the side of the level), then fall towards them with the fair or nair. won't kill 'em if they tech, but it's funny as hell when you catch 'em offguard. after all, style's what counts when you're weildin the wonderful woman, aint it?

TBag

Smash Rookie
I always float with a turnip in my hand, drop the turnip off the stage, and grab the ledge right after, it kills marths so bad.

also against sheik throw a turnip straight up on the stage next to the ledge, and grab the edge after, sheik will be forced to recover right above the edge, and the turnip hits her, leaving you open for anything you want.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how practical this is b/c I haven't tried it on a human yet but, sometimes I do a full jump to get maximum altitude and then do a djc'ed fair. Peach gets the air slap out right at ground level.

I think it could be a pretty good tool.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I like to reverse jump, throw turnip straight up, then edge hog. (turnip will hit them if they get past edge hog.)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Jump off with a turnip in hand facing the stage, as they recover in between you and the ledge throw the turnip, so it either hits them before it hits the stage, or after it bounces off the ledge. Follow it up with a nair or fair. It's a little inconsistent so far, but I've pulled off some nasty kills with it.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Edgehog with a turnip in hand and wait to see what they do (make sure you haven't used your float yet). If they're coming in from horizontally, press down and immediately hold jump, float out to em and give them a bAir. If from below, release, jump, drop the turnip, and fastfall to grab the ledge again (you should still have your float, too.) If from above, release, jump, throw the turnip up, land on the stage and get ready for how they decide to avoid the turnip. If it hits them, free aerial attack. If they airdodge or up+B around/through it, free aerial attack. If they fastfall towards the ledge, downtilt to fAir if it doesn't spike them. In concept it sounds pretty flawless against anyone.

Then of course there's the lightshield edgeguard against Marth.

FlowingEdge

Smash Rookie
One Edgeguard I use sometimes depending on opponent, I face the stage, hold down then jump to hover almost touching the ground then float to opponent and bair them, can also be done with anyother air as well, doesn't work so well against players who like to go under stage then get fast up like swordsmen.

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
The other day i saw this guy jumped off the stage with turnip in hand, used the peach bomber on the side of the stage, then when it finished the animation he threw a turnip at the recovering opponent, and followed the turnip with a floated b-air.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
mine is sooo unique! i stand at the edge and when my opponent gets close, i dsmash. sad part is i really do that.
You know, I actually did that at CoT. It works, but don't rely on it. To be honest, I tend to spam turnips. Then I FC out to a Nair of Bair. Sometimes, I even Dsmash to toss them from side to side until I can open up for a Nair. Kinda weird, but it works, lol.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Heres a few ways I do it....

1. Float lowly by the edge (stationary), then use bair when they try to recover. (basic)
-Good against recovery techs that are easy to counter eg>Fox upB & sideB, C.Falcon upB, etc.

2. Pursue with float off the edge and abuse bair until they're knocked off screen. (FUNNY)
-Works extremely well with floaties

3. Throw turnip to cancel their 2nd jump, then edgehog (basic)
-Works good against characters with bad horizontal recovery

4. Time Peach's sideB to damage them during recovery. Use this only if you know they missed sweet spot and recovered onto the edge. (precise timing)
-Works good against anyone, but doesn't kill (usually).

Most of the rest I use have been covered already. . .

Niko_K

Smash Master
I always snipe people out with my turnips, if they get past my sniping then I drop one overtop of them and then either bair or nair. Then proceed with edgehogging /repeat.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I saw an interesting one in a match on youtube....
PC chris did it vs M2K (marth)match 2.2 at about 2:26 or so

he FC'd near the edge and dropped into a fair, i was surprised to see it hit but it worked.
But marth's head might've been slightly above the edge meaning a d-smash would've been just as effective.

Anyone know how much the fair hitbox extends downward? and if this tactic has any specific advantage.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
this is what i do

Vs a marth: i spam turnips. or i FC off the stage and down throw the turnips and try to get them off guard.
Vs a fox/Falco: i use the up smashwhen they fire fox or the illusion to knock them in the air then hit them with a nair or a bair. you could take a chance and chase them off the stage with a bair.
Vs a Capt Falcon: chase him off the stage with bairs but watch for the upB cuz if u mess up you will get hit with the "YES" you can also spam turnips vs a falcon.
Vs a sheik: mind game the sheik into trying to grab the ledge then grab it. like any other person spam turnips.
Vs a Doc and a mario: watch for that cape. this is what i do throw 1 or 2 turnips then bair him and grab the ledge and he won't come back.

Thats all the exp i have to share i hope that this has helped anyone at all

Gary

Smash Apprentice
WoP Jigglypuff style!

(Float, bair bair bair bair bair until death.)

Eh, I've only been able to do that to computers, but it's FUNNEH!

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
well usually i jump up and throw a turnip down when its a character thats vertical recovery like marth, for falcos n foxes its turnip barrage

but once in a while i use down smash and once in a while i duno how but i spiked them directly down while theyr hanging on the edge

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Vs. an opponent with limited recovery like falcon or gannon D-tilt spikes are wick :D anything else is usually turnips or float to Nair or Bair.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
haha what a jerk...

i like to randomly run off the stage and kick in to float mode when i'm at there level belowe the stage and nair 'em... never depend on this... recomended for space animals only...

Top Bottom