• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unintended Consequences Mafia: The Saga Concludes

Purple

Hi guys!
Ah, i don't want to assume that there is or is not an amount of mafia, only that if someone is scummy we pressure until information is given etc.

/meaningless talk

Yes i did claim, I am overeager doctor. I doc and in consequence they cannot vote the next day. You can go as far as d1/d2 to see my soft claim.

However I felt Mafia wouldn't kill me because of how I would be considered an idiot and not necessary to kill. I hit you with a vote-block d2 EE if you remember. I honestly don't remember all of them, Virg was one, and i think i protected myself once out of fear that someone saw my softclaim.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Not to drive talk to what is probably non-essential, but I wonder what the difference between Chibo's "plain vanilla townie" role and Moronik's "Regular Townsperson" is, if there is any at all.

Can some one repost Gheb's claim ad the list of people who voted TPK so we can have it on the page? I'm a little too tired at the moment.

Also, anyone think we should roleclaim and piece this out. Typically I'm all for this but the last few times I got gung ho about it things got messy fast so I'd personally be fine with not, but it's a group decision.

Purple

Hi guys!
Virg, thank you for making me re-type this because i just found something

1 indy
1 mafia
6 towns people

scamp, moronik, virgilius, heatstroke, kevinm, xonar, sold2, nicholas102

vote: Gheb

your census is incorrect. Find an explanation

Purple

Hi guys!
Sorry to repost, but to make it painstakingly obvious to you what the correction is

there are two mafia in that list. (kevinM and Xonar) The only thing i can see here is that if Gheb is clear, one of those two people were actually an Indy, and that mafia would be EE, Macman, or whoever else is left.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
If we massclaim, I'd like it to be in this order:

Scamp, then Virg, then Nicholas, then Sold2

Then me, of course.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Roxy who did you choose to voteblock/protect each night and why? Your math also doesn't add up, considering we've had three nights and you said you protected/blocked three people and yourself. What?

Purple

Hi guys!
Ah, i know what happened. One of the days i told Keke to protect virg incase i wasn't at a computer to give my night roles. I must've thought about protecting myself sometime during then.

EE n1, Virg n2, Scamp n3

:i'll take the infraction, but edit due to ninja: - thanks for the note Mac, so all of this is correct.

unvote: gheb

so that still leaves me with scamp, nicholas102, sold2, and virg.

I'm feeling virg is pretty town, so i'm willing to go with either nicholas102 or sold2

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm fine with mass claim. Also, note that KevinM was a Godfather. Godfather detects as townie to cops, so I'd assume they do to census too.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also Macman, how does Gheb's census make you not scum/indy. I never caught that.

Purple

Hi guys!
From mac's POV, he took out KevinM, assuming there's only one GF (which we really can't assume) All potential threats would be gone except for Macman's miller poisoner.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
scamp, virgilius, heatstroke, sold2, nicholas102
So based on Gheb's census, there is an indy in this group. I know I'm not and I'm leaning towards roxy being town (I like the claim as town if it's a true claim; the doctor part is nigh unprovable unless we have a bonafide tracker).

Of the three remaining I'd probably lean towards Scampopo or Nick. I'm trying to think what both have done to benefit town but am drawing blanks/blending Scamp in with other games. Need to go back and look at voting history.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think I know what could have caused Gheb's census to be inaccurate, but I'll let him answer first. Unless you want me to answer it.

And yes I am voteblocked. Thanks a lot Roxy/Heatstroke/whatever your name is.

On the other hand I guess I was also night-protected too. So actual sincere thanks for that.

Purple

Hi guys!
I just thought about it, Macman you don't think there's potentially two indies?

\ignore my last post that included you, i just realized you didn't even vote with TPK, hence why you feel you aren't an indy.

@Scamp - you didn't claim.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well I just got ninja'd like crazy. But yeah, I agree with Sold2 on the Godfather thing.

Also Virg I don't think you're going about it correctly, and not just because you're targeting me. An indy usually plays to blend in with the town, and not to try to be unhelpful.

Also we shouldn't rule out a cult leader. That would mean that up to four people could be working against us at this point.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
And no, I didn't claim. Was I supposed to? I don't think we've agreed upon anything yet.

I don't think a massclaim will be beneficial right now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
im ruling out cult leader cause it would be annoying for me not to. Also there is no evidence showing that there might be a cult. Also, by the time gheb did his census, the cult should have been able to recruit people, but only one indy showed up. So unless me and/or ee are culted,(and i'm not) then I doubt theres a cult.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
bleh cult leader ._.
I'm unsure how you guys work cult leaders on SWF, but it's a pretty basic rule elsewhere that you do not put both a cult leader and a mafia faction in a game. It'd have to have some wacky restrictions to work and I don't like the idea of it.

IMO mentioning cult leader now is like if someone mentioned Jester. It distracts town, and it's very unlikely to get anything done.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dang everyone just disappeared when claiming was brought up. Or maybe cus it's 11. I'd claim but I don't wanna go first unless everyone wants me to.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I think we should all give our preferred order of claims, then tally up from there. But I do think we should do it. We have an advantage now.

By the way, if we did have a cult, and they recruited all Nights up to now, we would have already lost. 4 v 3.

To reiterate, my order of priority was Scamp, Virg, Nic, Sold2. From first to last.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
The thing about the cult possibility is that it ties in directly to the claiming. Usually if there is a cult there are also townies or even mafia with powers to stop them. If someone does have such a power then they'd be unlikely to keep it to themselves this long, so yeah. Sorry for bringing it up.

Anyway, I'm still against the massclaim. I'm curious as to EE's reasoning that we have an advantage now so we should do it. It just seems like we're hoping the mod didn't give the indy any safeclaims, or that the indy is bad at lying. It also kind of sounds to me like he said we're trading the advantage we have for this massclaim.

I just don't see the benefits town gets from it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
1) My reasoning is that the indy will have to lie, and the longer they have to maintain a lie, the more difficult it will be to do.

2) I'm curious why you're so against the nameclaim, when our doctor is already in the open. That's pretty much. You know. A bad thing. Like the worst case scenario in a mass-claim.

3) If we have a vigilante we can direct them as a second lynch. If they're SK, well, their best fake claim is vig, so there you go.

4) Counterclaims are fun.

5) Right now I'm asking people to just post their order of priority. Surely, you at least have an idea of who should claim that hasn't, and in what order. Share it.

@Everyone: Post yay or nay on a massclaim, and the order you would prefer.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So a doctor is out in the open. And because of this you want to also throw any detectives, vigs, and whatever other power roles we have out there as well? I don't see how that helps.

So yeah, I'm against it if that wasn't obvious.

If we do do it, though, I'm most suspicious of Virg and Nick. Nick first. The rest I don't really care what order.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1.) My census wasn't wrong. Kevin simply showed up town like he's supposed to as godfather
2.) I doubt we have a 5th mafioso left (but you never know). I think we're only after indies now.
3.) Sold2 is to me 100% clear now.

Anybody noticed we had a NK even with 4 mafiosi dead already? Anybody remember who's the other player with a killing role? Yep, that's Macman and his power fits the independent allignment pretty well. That'd make him one of my top suspects.

As for claims I want Scamp to claim the most, then Nick and then Virg.

:059:

Purple

Hi guys!
Scamp is pushing pretty hard against the mass claim.

At this point Scamp, i don't feel there's many scum/indys left. Mass Claim gives us something to base this last lynch off of. Or information to discuss.

Scamp, Virg, Nic, Sold2 is my list as well

Purple

Hi guys!
Gheb, did you have any information of how the census could have been taken another day?

You never explained that. Only (mid-day mind you) that you had were a town-aligned census taker with -this- information.

That kind of makes me 'bleh' about the whole idea of you being town-aligned, you pushed lynches extra hard regardless of who it was everyday, and as soon as that person wasn't the majority available, you moved to someone else, and even when the threat for the time being clearly doesn't include Macman (your census), you still want to lynch Macman.. Wouldn't it be better to scum hunt in that list since it's guaranteed?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Scamp, Virg, Nic, Sold2 is my list as well
Why Sold2?

Gheb, did you have any information of how the census could have been taken another day?

You never explained that. Only (mid-day mind you) that you had were a town-aligned census taker with -this- information.
I don't understand this.

I had the option of using my ability once in the game. When I saw the mafia flip - and assuming that it was Pap - I figured it'd be a good time to use my power to see if there was a bus.

That kind of makes me 'bleh' about the whole idea of you being town-aligned, you pushed lynches extra hard regardless of who it was everyday, and as soon as that person wasn't the majority available, you moved to someone else, and even when the threat for the time being clearly doesn't include Macman (your census), you still want to lynch Macman.. Wouldn't it be better to scum hunt in that list since it's guaranteed?
Just because I don't post a clear reason for every time I push a lynch doesn't mean that there isn't any. I've been wagon happy in this game but I don't see how that's bad - there are 16 players in this game and the movement we got from these pushes helped us a lot to find our scumbags.

:059:

Top Bottom