• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also, if Gheb keeps on acting the way he does, I'm definitely replacing out. My fault for forgetting the "don't join games with Gheb in them" mental rule I had.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Choosing not to go into walls only because they ALWAYS (used to?) do it = more than null?
Most people agree that not trading walls with your scumreads is a reasonable policy. I don't think any good comes off it.

:059:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Most people agree that not trading walls with your scumreads is a reasonable policy. I don't think any good comes off it.

While this is understandable, I still don't understand why you're getting a read from this considering the situation.

To continue from my 322, Spak's focus on the church aspect seems really misplaced at this point. Only thing is that I'm not sure if it's just a huge misunderstanding between the two or if he really wants to keep on talking about something that's been dead for quite a while.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't get it. Is there anything about "the situation" that should affect the way I read people?

Yes?

If Soup and Kantrip have gotten into tons of arguments, to the point where 1 player is wanting to replace out and both players have stated that they're not willing to go into it yet again, why are you town reading them from it? Why is this anything that isn't null? If all they're doing is avoiding a huge headache, why is this indicative of alignment?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
OKAY

We have two days until deadline? We need to get our eggs in a basket. Or our ducks in a row. Metaphor.

Here's the playerlist:

J, Sang, He-man, Koops, Rake, JD, Gheb, Kantrip, Maven, Kary, Soup, Joey, Spak

These people I am completely fine with losing:
Maven, He-man, Spak, Soup.

These people I want to keep right now:
Sang, JD, Joey.

Who we lynching boys and girls?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Soup had a change of heart about replacing out and then did absolutely nothing. I have valid concerns about him that haven't been addressed and I think it best that we just lynch him rather than let him off the hook for his grimy play because of a replace out stunt that could've been an AtE ploy for all we know.

So I say we go soup toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Maven and tHe-man are fine lynches but they would just be policy which is meh when we have someone scummy who hasn't even tried to answer for his actions in soup.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah I don't see why we'd lynch an inactive when they can get replaced + there's Soup in the game.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I had a long(-ish) post but my internet went down and I effectively lost all of it, so this is going to be short(-ish) (like my attention span atm).

I'm really starting to dislike Spak as of his last back and forth with Kary. I don't have a specific reason besides that right now as it might just be a gut feeling, but all of his posts in that part just seem like he's trying to make it seem like he's doing something relevant while not actually contributing.

I'm also just really disliking Rake. In my opinion, he hasn't really explained his reasons for anything besides saying "I find something this way and you should too" without giving reasons as to why or even trying to convince anybody. He's probably the person I'm disliking the most at the moment, and he needs some pressure.

Also, Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake if you could answer my questions that'd be great.

Since my vote should be on someone, here's a little insight to who I am looking at currently.

Vote: Kary
Okay, but can you explain, please? And, like, actually explain? You and gheb both have been very closed and diplomatic with your answers (Gheb more-so, which you pointed out, but still). And, while I understand there may be reasons behind it, we're getting dangerously close to deadline and I'd like some explanation.

To continue from my 322, Spak's focus on the church aspect seems really misplaced at this point. Only thing is that I'm not sure if it's just a huge misunderstanding between the two or if he really wants to keep on talking about something that's been dead for quite a while.
So, what's your opinion of Spak, then? Are you leaning more to town or more to scum?

Also, Kary, did you ever explain your vote?

Anyway, my vote has been on nobody for long enough.

Vote: Rake

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
spak is town. Also, until someone can give me a solid reason not to be voting him thats where my votes going to stay. I'm also voting tHe Man in spirit because that slots done nothing to deserve the pass it's gettng frrom you guy. I honestly don't understand how ryker is getting away with posting once and it was just to join karys cult and everyone's just like "yeah ok"

Here's a solid reason, we've got two days left and you've made no push on him. No case. No effort to explain or expound on your vote. You're just sitting on your hands and asking people why it's bad you're voting him while ignoring all the other wagons for today and him.

As far as I remember the most you've contributed is explaining what you were doing at the time of Kantrip vs J because it tangentially involved you, and now this vote you've done nothing with. What are you doing this game?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry I've been gone for the past way too long, but here's the reasoning:
1. My big sis is home from college. She's cool and I like hanging out with her.

2. So I'm building my dad a $1000 gaming computer for Christmas (he's financing, I'm building) and I have it fully put together, but we noticed that games were running fairly slowly. I then tried to open up the NVidia control panel for the MSI video card and discovered it wouldn't work. I then remembered that I forgot to install drivers for the motherboard and graphics card, so I went to the MSI Live Update app to get the latest drivers. It then updated BIOS without my permission and it was successful in doing so (if it wasn't, it would have bricked the motherboard), but there was another problem on our hands.

We have a RAID 0 setup with two 500GB SSDs and the update booted one out of the RAID volume. For those of you who know how RAID 0 works you know this is a problem, but for those of you who don't know how RAID 0 works, it basically splits a file in half to almost double the speed of read/write; the only catch is that if one of the disks fails, gets corrupted, or is unreadable, all data is corrupt because the remaining good disk only has half of every file. That means we had to format the SSDs and start over. We only had the computer running for about a day so we thought it wasn't such a big deal, but then Dad and I started to look for the Windows 10 installation disc. We then discovered that we couldn't locate it and almost gave up after 2 hours of searching the house, but then Mom suggested it might have fallen inside the TV cabinet (I remembered placing the installation disc in the drawer).

As it turns out, the disc was inside the cabinet because it got caught on an inside edge while we were pulling the drawer open, but my dad already went to bed by the time Mom found the disc. The TV cabinet is too large for me to get the DVD even if I lifted it, Mom refused to help, and my sister is on Skype. Basically, I have to install in the morning, but I probably won't be able to actually install it for another week because we're leaving for my Grandmother's house in Marion tomorrow. RIP me.

Hey Spak, care to do something relevant? Nobody gives a single **** about Kary's church thing, nobody joined it and even Kary himself never actually did anything with it. Amount of people who took note of it / took it serious: zero.

Why do you bring it up again?

I brought it up again because I saw it in one of Dietz's posts and missed it while I was reading that portion the first time. It was a big thing early game, I thought it would have made a good point of conversation, and it ended up turning up Kary contradicting himself twice. I thought those were pretty interesting results, but apparently the rest of the thread disagrees that making such a group is excusable despite having no townie aspects.
This post is just blegh.

Kary isn't defending the system, as you can see in the quote you posted right above this. It says that grouping together generally doesn't work. Kary was defending his/her (ive seen both pronouns before im sorry) thought process on why the church was set up.

We literally just had something like this with Kantrip. He didn't think his "scummy" actions were wrong, yet when he explained his thought process, it made more sense to everyone else. Not only that, but I've seen games you were in where Mafia was just fence-sittin a good portion of the game.
Voting Kary for these reasons is just a huge stretch and you know it.
Vote: Spak
I agree that Kary isn't defending the system now, but he was arguing it was null (which it isn't) and I'm DEFINITELY not convinced that his actions had town intent based upon his thought process. I thought his explanation was bad and don't agree that things added up (even trying to look at it from his PoV assuming he is town). I'd be fine with letting this conversation go so that town can get on with their lives, but I still don't look at Kary favorably.

Also, BarDulL BarDulL the last vote count is still slightly wrong; Koops is voting me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes?

If Soup and Kantrip have gotten into tons of arguments, to the point where 1 player is wanting to replace out and both players have stated that they're not willing to go into it yet again, why are you town reading them from it? Why is this anything that isn't null? If all they're doing is avoiding a huge headache, why is this indicative of alignment?
I'm not "townreading" them. All I said was that I can't help but actually like Kantrip for the way he's playing. Mind you, he wasn't just having a back and forth with soup but one with J as well. I don't know how you'd feel about that but as for me I think this game could do very well without an endless wall battle between them two, especially because there's always a chance that other players could have joined in [and in this case I have reasons to believe that certain slots *would* have joined in]. He may have done it for entirely selfish reasons but by backing out he definitley saved us a few headaches and did the town a great service. Make of that what you will but the result of his play definitely helped town and it was not without a certain risk either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm somewhat indifferent towards toDay's lynch choice. Mainly because there's a ****load of slots that I think can just ... die. Its basically Sang, Kary and Kantrip that I think have actually contributed enough to 'deserve' making it past toDay. Past that I honestly don't care much whether it's Adam, Koops, Rake, Maven, soup or Spak that goes. Chances are that I will just blatantly sheep whatever lynch actually turns out to be likely to happen.

Unvote

These people I want to keep right now:
Sang, JD, Joey.
What exactly is it that makes Dietz stand out as one of the slots that you wanna keep around?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm not "townreading" them. All I said was that I can't help but actually like Kantrip for the way he's playing. Mind you, he wasn't just having a back and forth with soup but one with J as well. I don't know how you'd feel about that but as for me I think this game could do very well without an endless wall battle between them two, especially because there's always a chance that other players could have joined in [and in this case I have reasons to believe that certain slots *would* have joined in]. He may have done it for entirely selfish reasons but by backing out he definitley saved us a few headaches and did the town a great service. Make of that what you will but the result of his play definitely helped town and it was not without a certain risk either.

Thank you. This makes sense.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior I promise you can hold me to my Kary read, but I'm just realizing the deadline is tomorrow night. I'm more than okay with the Rake push and it actually has my support as well.

Unvote

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If it comes down to deadline, I'd vote Rake because he's in the same pile as He-man + Maven at this point for me. I still feel like he hasn't gotten into the game yet (Even though he's had multiple opportunities).

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru

Here's a solid reason, we've got two days left and you've made no push on him. No case. No effort to explain or expound on your vote. You're just sitting on your hands and asking people why it's bad you're voting him while ignoring all the other wagons for today and him.

As far as I remember the most you've contributed is explaining what you were doing at the time of Kantrip vs J because it tangentially involved you, and now this vote you've done nothing with. What are you doing this game?
I'm not ignoring them. And I know it's my job to prove my vote and my push on him is I dint see town intent. I'm not seeing anything to put him as town. LITERALLY NO ONE IS EXPLAINING THIS. IT'S THE SAME WITH RYKER. HIW THE ****.KARY IS ALLOWED TO TOWN RED RYKER FOR THAT NE POST IS LITERAL BULL****

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior I promise you can hold me to my Kary read, but I'm just realizing the deadline is tomorrow night. I'm more than okay with the Rake push and it actually has my support as well.

Unvote
What are you even supporting this for. This push is ****ing ********. I'm not even gonna acknowledge anyone else pushing me. I'm ****ing /out. This game is ****ing ********. Literally no one answers **** and them I try to pursue it's like "oh no rake. What a bad guy was person to want an EXPLANATION FOR ****TY READS. "

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

So, now that I actually understand these massive walls:

Well, what's your thought on it now that he made the 180?

There has been literally no context for this. Either this is to tell me to be active or you're actually waiting for me before you say it.

*snooty anime character gasp*
I'm waiting for you to do anything. Nothing you've done had progressed the game and I see no intent to push or do anything. Who are you pushing. What are you doing. How do you feel about all these people blindly town reading you literally woth no substantial evidence

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Why? You keep being vague until provoked when you have no real reason to be. :bowser:

We're not. We've been tagging him and now he's probably being replaced.
All of Spak's posts ate extremely genuine especially illy his opinions on j/kary. His approach is nothing like the jittery scum he constantly plays and I can see clear intent in what he's doing

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That's such a....political answer to my question.

It's not Koopy being regarded well if that's what got you the FoS. Plus if Koopy isn't more than a passing thought to you, why are you voting him? Shouldn't you be voting for who you think is scum?
He's a scum lean of mine. He's padding in the sense that if he shows any intent to do anything or do something townie then I'd consider the other side but it's not happening. I would only otherwise vote ryker because afk xonar / ryker is likely scum and we all know it. Waiting for him to come back is a literal pardon at midnight for a deadslot

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm with Koops- why is Spak town? What part of which posts in particular?

You could equally ask how Maven is 'getting away with' not doing anything. Being inactive is not a very strong tell, bro.
At least maven outed. Xonars never this afk as town.and ryker constantly dies this as scum. Ryker is more important because he isn't even attempting to try. At least maven replaced out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Soup had a change of heart about replacing out and then did absolutely nothing. I have valid concerns about him that haven't been addressed and I think it best that we just lynch him rather than let him off the hook for his grimy play because of a replace out stunt that could've been an AtE ploy for all we know.

So I say we go soup toDay.
What concerns are these ? Besides soup being weird

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
At least maven outed. Xonars never this afk as town.and ryker constantly dies this as scum. Ryker is more important because he isn't even attempting to try. At least maven replaced out
This is bull****.

I just told you that inactivity is not a strong tell. Are you telling me you have outside information that Xonar/Ryker could be posting but choose not to? Trying to base reads off of this **** is complete bull****.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I had a long(-ish) post but my internet went down and I effectively lost all of it, so this is going to be short(-ish) (like my attention span atm).

I'm really starting to dislike Spak as of his last back and forth with Kary. I don't have a specific reason besides that right now as it might just be a gut feeling, but all of his posts in that part just seem like he's trying to make it seem like he's doing something relevant while not actually contributing.

I'm also just really disliking Rake. In my opinion, he hasn't really explained his reasons for anything besides saying "I find something this way and you should too" without giving reasons as to why or even trying to convince anybody. He's probably the person I'm disliking the most at the moment, and he needs some pressure.

Also, Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake if you could answer my questions that'd be great.

Okay, but can you explain, please? And, like, actually explain? You and gheb both have been very closed and diplomatic with your answers (Gheb more-so, which you pointed out, but still). And, while I understand there may be reasons behind it, we're getting dangerously close to deadline and I'd like some explanation.

So, what's your opinion of Spak, then? Are you leaning more to town or more to scum?

Also, Kary, did you ever explain your vote?

Anyway, my vote has been on nobody for long enough.

Which questions ? I'm voting koopa because he's done nothing townie from my perspective. He's done nothing to deserve a town reaf from anyone. Does anyone know what his pushes or intent is ? Cause to me he's just coast posting and nor achieving anything. So.to me that's scummy hence me voting him

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This is bull****.

I just told you that inactivity is not a strong tell. Are you telling me you have outside information that Xonar/Ryker could be posting but choose not to? Trying to base reads off of this **** is complete bull****.
No I'm saying it's a different circumstances. Ryker or xonar hasnt done anything to try to be active. AR least maven came around once before repacking out. I want both gone but ryker more purely because he deserves it more than other afks

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This is bull****.

I'm not basing any read off it ****. I just said I wanted him dead because he's afk. Because ryker / xonar deserves to die for doing hack ****. And koopa deserves the noose because he's done nothing to be town either

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You know what I'll pull a soup and stay in and finish this **** just to spite the afks in the game

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Wanting to lynch koopa ? Wanting to lynch ryker. Being generally displeased with people having koopa as town at all. .being disappointed with people literally scum reading me like you who are doing it because they have nothing better to do

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

What are your scum reads exactly dietz ? Because I know I'm not seriously one of them because your reason to dislike me applies to 7/8 of the damn fame and even yourself ? Who besides me is scum? Why should I have more priority than.my two reads ? Who's more worth my vote and why ?

Top Bottom