• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under-Represented Gaming Series, Duplicate Characters & Uniqueness: A Theory (Updated

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Apart from the fact that the Metroid Prime series is the most casual of the Metroid series.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ridley is more popular than DS, but I think anyway that they both deserve a spot. That would make 3 characters for the Metroid franchise, which is about the same size the others have.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I agree with everything...maybe I want Y.Link more than Midna, but w/e. Good analysis. As much as Geno is a poopular character, I think he is too obscure. I'd still like to see him though. What the crysis here is does not involve characters, it involves series. I'd rather see new franchises represented such as Golden Sun, Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Advance Wars e.c.t. Think of Isaac, Ray 01, Villager, and Andy.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of Custom Robo but I can't see Ray 01 as a PC, but then again
this is brawl. Let's just hope Sakurai doesn't crush our hearts.

raul

Smash Lord
You could read my post on page 3 for starters.
Hahaha, I know what you think and I appreciate the feedback, but I am more interested in the hello's point of view.

And for the record, I didn't say Ike played exactly like either Marth or Roy, I said he had similar aspects of their move sets but I'll clarify better in an edit.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't know if someone mentioned it already, but you forgot Dr. Mario at the Melee percent thingy.

Nice job btw, I agree with most of the things.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well I disagree on three things here...

Dark Samus: I agree that Ridley should get in before her, but I think that she should get in, as the 3rd(Zamus=FS) Metroid rep. And for those who think she's just another Samus, read her trophy in the game XD. Dark Samus has several different properties than Samus. Phazon attacks, she's very floaty, she's Metroid Prime, etc. 3 reps from Metroid isn't asking to much, especially since the influence of MP.(JP hates Prime, not the rest of the world) :)

Yoshi series: It's obviously popular ATM, especially seeing how there is a new Yoshi's Island game. IMO, I think Yoshi deserves another rep. I think that Kamek the Magikoopa would fit very nicely as that rep. He's a villain, magic user, uses a wand/staff, has gained recent popularity in some Mario games, and there's not really any other Yoshi reps(Birdo=/=Yoshi rep).

Pokemon reps: Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd best selling series, they deserve all 5 of those as reps :cool:

Well, those are my opinions I guess, just thought I'd share em.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Hahaha, I know what you think and I appreciate the feedback, but I am more interested in the hello's point of view.

And for the record, I didn't say Ike played exactly like either Marth or Roy, I said he had similar aspects of their move sets but I'll clarify better in an edit.
You mean the fact that they share two moves or the fact that they both use swords.:laugh:

Seriously though, have you read any of the feedback on Ike from Gimpyfish and other people from E for All? Everyone who's played Ike says that Ike is the exact opposite of Marth (even in how he was ranked compared to the other characters).

I know I'm hassling you, but it's just an arguement that I'm tired of seeing as it's just plain false.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Metriod and Star Fox got 4 reps each....especially
since pokemon already have 4.
:eek: do you realize you're comparing the world's second best selling video game franchise with two series that put together roughly have the half of the pokemon games.

I don't like pokemon and i know they are annoying, but they are important, REALLY important, accept it

ANYHOW! well i like the analysis, nothing really new and needs new series rep

die roy and never come back!!! exept as a sticker

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
:eek: do you realize you're comparing the world's second best selling video game franchise with two series that put together roughly have the half of the pokemon games.

I don't like pokemon and i know they are annoying, but they are important, REALLY important, accept it

ANYHOW! well i like the analysis, nothing really new and needs new series rep

die roy and never come back!!! exept as a sticker
Thats cause Star Fox and Metriod don't always appeal to little kids who go crazy over pokemon. They're are both better games in my opinion. Nintendo can make a horrible pokemon game(diamond and pearl) and it will sell like hotcakes.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
This thread is epic failure.

Dark Samus =/= Samus. The name / suit is a plot device.

I'm sure anyone who's buying Brawl also has access to wikipedia.

raul

Smash Lord
This thread is epic failure.

Dark Samus =/= Samus. The name / suit is a plot device.

I'm sure anyone who's buying Brawl also has access to wikipedia.
Yeah, I do. And if a thread is an epic fail over one disagreement, I guess every thread ever post falls into that category.

I understand that Dark Samus is not the actual Samus. However, regardless of the fact that Dark Samus can be a completely unique character, in the eyes of many, some which are not as die hard a Metroid fan, Dark Samus is still another armor suit wearing near look-a-like character of the regular Samus. That's why I selected Ridley as getting in the game before Dark Samus. When you can get a character as original and unique and Ridley why would you bother with anymore SAMUS-like characters? Remember, we're not debating plot devices here, although we could, its not needed. I know that Dark Samus isnt the actual Samus under that suit, but the idea is what I've already stated: Something outside the Samus like character realm. Oh and on a personal note, I like Dark Samus and would like DS in Brawl, but again, there is no room for that in this theory.

As for the Fire Emblem discussion. There are many that know more than me. However I never said Ike was a copy of Marth or Roy, simply that he takes some of his move from both, with alterations. Yes, his game play is different, but thats also not the issue. My issue is, if you say Ness won't be in the game because Lucas takes all his moves, that you have to apply the same idea to Ike, Marth and Roy. Yes its not as blatant as Lucas and Ness, but Ike does in fact have similiar moves to Marth and Roy and that could hinder one if not both there chances. Personally, I expect to see Marth back, but I'm trying to keep that out of the arguement. I did update that as best I could. If you still disagree, then I cant do anything about it because I am not going to change my views regardless of what anyone says on the forums. They could have played Brawl back on December 3rd for all I care and know more that anyone here, but until I play Brawl and see somethings for myself, I won't admit that I'm 100% wrong. Could I be 50, 60, 70, 80, 90% wrong? Sure. And when I found out Im 100% wrong, I've got zero problems admitting it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ok, but couldn't you add Dark Samus as the 3rd Metroid rep? 10 games should be deserving of 3 reps..
And does it really matter that she is Samus-like? The same goes for Mega Man, both shouldn't be affected by that..

raul

Smash Lord
Ok, but couldn't you add Dark Samus as the 3rd Metroid rep? 10 games should be deserving of 3 reps..
And does it really matter that she is Samus-like? The same goes for Mega Man, both shouldn't be affected by that..
I suppose I could, but I'll have to choose my words carefully. I'll make an edit cautiously.

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
What!? What IS so special about her? She has a little bit of (Crappy at best) character development, people make out as if:

I don't like you Link -> Now I like you Link

Is such an amazing thing.

Edit: If I would recommend a Zelda game I would recommend OoT or WW TP is good as well if your new to the franchise and dont give a **** about originality or story.
:mad:midna is way better choice than ww link as he would just have a move set only slightly (if at all) different to tp link also he would not fit in with the other characters i mean can you seriously imagine ww link in brawl? its way easier to imagine midna (perhaps with wolf) in brawl . also tp is a great game i dont see whats wrong with you but tp is waaaay better than your trying to make it out to be :mad:

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
sorry for double-posting but

i dont know why people want dark samus so much! i mean even if you protest infront aof sakurai for a month the best you would get ould be a "maybe we could have dark samus as another color for samus" also I agree with alot of this

Top Bottom