• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Well, reardless of your feelings or mine, the Pokemon craze has yet to completely lose steam in Japan, and so the developers of Brawl will undoubtedly be using them. I suggest you simply smile and take it in stride. Besides, you can turn the pokeballs off, and you're not required to use the characters or the stages, so you really don't have any basis for an argument. There will probably be more characters in Brawl than there are in Melee, should the trend continue, and I suspect that there may be one or two new Pokemon as playable characters, also following the trend from 64 to Melee. But in addidtion there will also be non-Pokemon characters a plenty, so my advice to you is to grin and bear it. Don't complain about trivial matters like this. Rather, rejoice in a new Smash, and a chance for Nintendo to showcase some fresh characters to duke it out for our entertainment.

Jrob2k6

Smash Cadet
The characters section is up on the official website now. I like Pit's logo too. and that pic of his dash attack.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Everyone is talking about kicking clones of,especiall G&W.Have you read the video saying no characters would be removed?Or how about a G&W combo video.Oh,and te difference between Marth and Roy is vast.I mean,Marth is 10X harder to approach,and sucks at target test and cruel melee.All clones have different strength,you just have to find them.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
saying that clones should be removed is noobish >_>
mario and doc are completely different,
look at bob money's doc music vid...
and then look at the cape's mario music vid

those 2 chars may look almost the same, they are not really, no... as you can see, Doc doesn't have any difficulty to kill, not like mario

and it's only 1 example

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
In my opinion about the clones, just change them a bit more and leave them in the game. Example:

Maybe a different moveset for Ganondorf with special attacks (B button)
Give Falco a different forward B
Change Young Link's bow to slingshot (as stated before) and maybe a new move from majora's mask

What you guys think that should be changed for them?

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
About the popularity of Pokemon... 4 of the 10 best selling videogames of all time are Pokemon games. Including Red/Blue/Green which is #2, and Gold/Silver which is #5. However, even the more recent Ruby/Sapphire outsold all the Grand Theft Auto and Halo games.
http://www.everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg/worldtotals.php

Given the fact that Pokemon has in ten years become the second most popular videogame franchise of all time, behind Mario who already has more characters in Smash, and given the fact that the series has a ton of cool characters with a basis for a moveset, I can't see any reason to complain about 2 or 3 new Pokemon in Smash Bros. Brawl.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
ArichTheViking said:
And thats exactly what they're most likely to do. They'll try to power up the weak characters and power down the strong ones before they cut anyone.

The only character I would give a >50% chance to get cut is Roy. He could go out in favor of a newer FE character.
I kinda doubt it and I kinda believe it. Another funny though would be taking him out and putting Eilwood in. The joke here, they look pretty much the same. I just can't remember if Eliwood is Roy's son or father.

Kereokacola said:
It's rather ridiculous if you ask me. I have nothing really against Pokemon, it's just that they completely overused the idea of them in Melee. I think the general usage of them in the first Smash was enough, but the fact that there were 4 playable Pokemon out of 26 characters, and there were two arena's dedicated to Pokemon, as well as Pokeball's with a trememdous amount of Pokemon popping out of them, it was just too much for me.

There is plenty of other Nintendo material for them to use. I think they need to downsize on the Pokemon selection that comes out of the Pokeballs (for instance, just the major and popular ones), and take out Pichu and Mewtwo as playable characters (why not enter in Meowth? He's Team Rockets mascot for goodness sake, whom plays a big role in the show.)

And 550? That's ludicrous. The first 100 or so was enough, how on earth can you know anything and everything about each one? You need to draw the line somewhere.
For starters, try to avoid mix matching the game and the anime, and before you bring up that Misty trophy, it was removed in later SSBM versions,

And really it's only about 300 or so and it's not hard to know about them if you're a competitive Pokemon player. I mean look at people who play card games where there's over 2000 cards and they know about most of them.

And you cannot deny the fact that Pokemon is still huge, people are more quiet about it but it's still played and enjoyed. Diamond and Pearl were on Japan's charts for months before it was no longer making big sales. And for the most part, the Pokemon that were added into Smash are recognizeable ones. Everyone and their mother knows Pikachu and Mewtwo, and can easily get familar with Pichu and Jigglypuff. I figure Pokemon characters will be added based on popularity, and while I don't know about Pichu, but Pikachu, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are among the popular ones (and I'd prefer Clefairy over Jiggly, but hey you can't win em all). I wouldn't be surprised if Deoxys made it into Brawl, in fact, I look forward to it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ok Shocker, since you don't want to listen to everyone else, here's something from an Admin:

DON'T DOUBLE POST

If you have more to say and not on else has posted yet, Edit your post. That's the reason we have the Edit button available, so you can edit your posts instead of just continuing to post. Seeing 2 or 3 posts from the same person in a row is just annoying.

The reason the last 40 posts are available to you when you press "Add Reply" is so that you can quote more than one person at a time.

And in the future, if multiple members tell you that you're breaking a rule, please listen to them. Because they're right.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
G-Ron said:
ahhh true, if anyone was i could see roy playing the left out position. I don't know if G&W would make the cut either, to my knowledge everyone plays with him for fun, not real competition. I think that sounded right. Maybe if his b moves weren't random :ohwell:

Thats where we disagree; i think that until not one, single, person, ever picks a specific character in the game then thats the only time a character should be cut. But if someone plays with him/her at all, then cutting a that character would eliminate that characters fanbase which in turn cuts from the game. You understand where i am comming from?

Majority rules. If more people want them out than they must leave. Please dont respond to this. thank you

JmcShocker14

freeman123 said:
Yes it would.

Who cares if they complain. No one's forcing them to be those characters. Just because some people don't like Pichu, no one should be able to use him? How is that better then keeping him in the game & letting the people who like him use him while the people who don't like him use someone else?

No, you'll have to learn to follow the rules.

There is no information about that. That was his whole point.
You need to stay away

JmcShocker14

McFox said:
Ok Shocker, since you don't want to listen to everyone else, here's something from an Admin:

DON'T DOUBLE POST

If you have more to say and not on else has posted yet, Edit your post. That's the reason we have the Edit button available, so you can edit your posts instead of just continuing to post. Seeing 2 or 3 posts from the same person in a row is just annoying.

The reason the last 40 posts are available to you when you press "Add Reply" is so that you can quote more than one person at a time.

And in the future, if multiple members tell you that you're breaking a rule, please listen to them. Because they're right.
Look dont get smart with me ok. I asked them if there was a way to respond to more than one person with one messege. They didn't say anything. I dontn care if you're the mod or not. Are you mad because i replied your silly messeges? Ok if you have a problem with me double posting. Show me how to work this darn site!

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
The edit button is under your post after you make it. Now if you have trouble quoting like I do and using a browser that can tab. I have quote open in a new window, copy the quote and paste it into my current post, rather than making multiple posts.

And stop being so obnoxious, you have your opinions other people have theres. Don't expect people to listen to what you have to say when you're not going to listen to what other people have to say. The whole "I'm right, you're wrong." attitude will quickly get you disliked.

You also have no say in what characters will or will not be removed. Why take a character out when they can simply change them, or give a similar replacement. Do you have any idea how fighting games work? :p

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the general goal of the design team is going to be to try and have the most characters they can feasibly manage. For the characters that have already been designed the work is mostly done. So it makes no sense to eliminate an existing character.

MewMewKachooTwo

Smash Apprentice
JmcShocker14 said:
Look dont get smart with me ok. I asked them if there was a way to respond to more than one person with one messege. They didn't say anything. I dontn care if you're the mod or not. Are you mad because i replied your silly messeges? Ok if you have a problem with me double posting. Show me how to work this darn site!
It's a little harder, but you can use the [QOUTE="name"] [/QOUTE] multiple times. When posting, there's a list of posts below you. Just copy and paste their name into "name" and post their message between the qoutes!

JmcShocker14

THK said:
The edit button is under your post after you make it. Now if you have trouble quoting like I do and using a browser that can tab. I have quote open in a new window, copy the quote and paste it into my current post, rather than making multiple posts.

And stop being so obnoxious, you have your opinions other people have theres. Don't expect people to listen to what you have to say when you're not going to listen to what other people have to say. The whole "I'm right, you're wrong." attitude will quickly get you disliked.

You also have no say in what characters will or will not be removed. Why take a character out when they can simply change them, or give a similar replacement. Do you have any idea how fighting games work? :p
ok thanks for helping me with the edit thing. I guess you're right

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
JmcShocker14 said:
Majority rules. If more people want them out than they must leave. Please dont respond to this. thank you
i will respond because i dont get your reasoning for this issue. You say majority rules...ok so if the majority doesn't make sense then what? Bottom line a developer of a video game will do all that he/she can too keep the orginal fanbase of the game, hence keeping all characters. Just because most people want a few characters to go doesn't say anything. So in retrospect, your reasoning is flawed.

Please form a valid rebuttal, not vapid one liners that make no sense. I am trying to understand why you are saying what you are saying, this is not a personal attack and don't take it that way.\

Please respond to this.

JmcShocker14

G-Ron said:
i will respond because i dont get your reasoning for this issue. You say majority rules...ok so if the majority doesn't make sense then what? Bottom line a developer of a video game will do all that he/she can too keep the orginal fanbase of the game, hence keeping all characters. Just because most people want a few characters to go doesn't say anything. So in retrospect, your reasoning is flawed.

Please form a valid rebuttal, not vapid one liners that make no sense. I am trying to understand why you are saying what you are saying, this is not a personal attack and don't take it that way.\

Please respond to this.

I still dont think you understand. Stop trying to make your words fancy and try to make more sense. If people complain to nintendo about thses characters why would they keep them in? I'm done with this conversation. Pichu needs to go bottom line

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I don't see anything "Fancy" about his wording. Infact, there's a typo in there. Who would be more pissed:

1) You, because Pichu is still in the game, although except for the occasional fight against him, he has no effect on you.
2) Some other guy, because his favorite character was removed and now he has to get used to a different character with which he may not be as good, and will spend the rest of his time playing the game saying: "****it! If I still had ___, I would have won!"

Don't be an idiot. Your logic is fatally flawed.

JmcShocker14

Paranoid_Android said:
I don't see anything "Fancy" about his wording. Infact, there's a typo in there. Who would be more pissed:

1) You, because Pichu is still in the game, although except for the occasional fight against him, he has no effect on you.
2) Some other guy, because his favorite character was removed and now he has to get used to a different character with which he may not be as good, and will spend the rest of his time playing the game saying: "****it! If I still had ___, I would have won!"

Don't be an idiot. Your logic is fatally flawed.
You should just stay out of this. You dont know the full story so just shut it. Stop giving me your little opinions cuz i just dont care. Pichu needs to go! and alot of people agree. now lets end this before it gets worse.

JmcShocker14

Mr.Victory07 said:
:mad: Pichus the best and fastest and Iloved the challenge of getting good with him. :mad:

ok your one vote versus millions. pichu must go. i'm sorry. i'm sure nintendo will put someone else in that you'll like

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Kereokacola
It's rather ridiculous if you ask me. I have nothing really against Pokemon, it's just that they completely overused the idea of them in Melee. I think the general usage of them in the first Smash was enough, but the fact that there were 4 playable Pokemon out of 26 characters, and there were two arena's dedicated to Pokemon, as well as Pokeball's with a trememdous amount of Pokemon popping out of them, it was just too much for me.
There's 6 characters in Melee from Mario, & 5 from Zelda.

Falco&Victory
Have you read the video saying no characters would be removed?
The one that doesn't exist?

THK
and before you bring up that Misty trophy, it was removed in later SSBM
I'm pretty sure that's not true.

JmcShocker14
Ok if you have a problem with me double posting. Show me how to work this darn site!
It's called not being an idiot.

JmcShocker14
If people complain to nintendo about thses characters why would they keep them in?
Because the kind of people that complain sound like idiots & make posts like yours.

JmcShocker14
ok your one vote versus millions. pichu must go. i'm sorry. i'm sure nintendo will put someone else in that you'll like
Where are these millions? Because it sounds like the majority of people disagree with you.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
I'd be pissed if any characters except Roy- but including Pichu- are cut. Roy can be replaced with a similar character (hopefully one with some personality) but Pichu cannot be. So they'd just be throwing away a spot on the character select screen. FACT: the more impressive the character select screen looks, the more copies this game will sell. Thats why they aren't likely to cut even the least used characters. ;)

Also, I look forward to beating a team of three low-level Snakes with Pichu- just because I can!!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

JmcShocker14

freeman123 said:
There's 6 characters in Melee from Mario, & 5 from Zelda.

The one that doesn't exist?

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

It's called not being an idiot.

Because the kind of people that complain sound like idiots & make posts like yours.

Where are these millions? Because it sounds like the majority of people disagree with you.

Freeman stay out of this. You are so bent on calling me an idiot you miss the point. You should be banned from this site for calling people idiots. I already talked to the mod about the double posting thing so just shut the *** up about it ok. I wish this game would come out this year so i could stump your lonely *** online. Stop talking to me.

JmcShocker14

ArichTheViking said:
I'd be pissed if any characters except Roy- but including Pichu- are cut. Roy can be replaced with a similar character (hopefully one with some personality) but Pichu cannot be. So they'd just be throwing away a spot on the character select screen. FACT: the more impressive the character select screen looks, the more copies this game will sell. Thats why they aren't likely to cut even the least used characters. ;)

Also, I look forward to beating a team of three low-level Snakes with Pichu- just because I can!!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

well if they keep pichu they should atleast give it better moves or somethin

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Oops,sorry,not a video,interview,and it said nintendo was not planning to remove any chararceters..And on the topic of Pichu,you are wrong.pichu is stronger,faster,lighter,cooler,and his down-B hits multiple times,not just 1.Also,he has a smaller hitbox.If you say the vote is 1 VS. 1,000,000,you aren't stupid,you are just a jack@$$.Just shut up,no one in this site likes you anymore.Seriously though,anyone who agrees that pichu should go,respond,and JmcShocker14,don't try changing your name and avatar,or getting a new account.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And now you're warned Shocker. Instead of continuing to break the rules, why not TRY doing what you were told. If you had tried clicking the "Edit" button even one single time (like various people including me told you to do), you would've seen how the code for quoting people working. Once you know the code (which is unbelievably simple), you can quote as many people as you want to in a single post (as you've seen freeman doing). But, in case you are, and I have the creeping suspicion that you are, blind, here's the code:

[quote=Name of the member here]What they said here.[/quote]

If you had even tried editing your post, you would've seen this immediately, and you wouldn't sound so ignorant in pretty much every post you've put on our forum so far.

*EDIT* And here's how you can edit a quote into your post:

whateverShockerwhatever said:
You should just stay out of this. You dont know the full story so just shut it. Stop giving me your little opinions cuz i just dont care. Pichu needs to go! and alot of people agree. now lets end this before it gets worse.
Everyone is free to post their opinions on this forum, and you have absolutely no right to tell them that they don't. You do have the right disagree with them, but don't let me catch you putting down people and telling them what they can and cannot post again. That's the job of the Mods of this forum, and for obvious reasons, you won't be one any time soon. You do not run this forum, and it's pretty arrogant of you to act like you do. And by "act like you do," I mean making posts like the above and continuing to double post long after it was brought to your attention that it's against our rules.

JmcShocker14

Falco&Victory said:
Oops,sorry,not a video,interview,and it said nintendo was not planning to remove any chararceters..And on the topic of Pichu,you are wrong.pichu is stronger,faster,lighter,cooler,and his down-B hits multiple times,not just 1.Also,he has a smaller hitbox.If you say the vote is 1 VS. 1,000,000,you aren't stupid,you are just a jack@$$.Just shut up,no one in this site likes you anymore.Seriously though,anyone who agrees that pichu should go,respond,and JmcShocker14,don't try changing your name and avatar,or getting a new account.
WHo the hell do you think you are. Lets take this to the floor baby! Show me the facts. I dont care if any of you like me or not? No skin off my bones. Somebody please put up a link to somethin that says that characters wont be removed. Alot of people think that pichu sucks. You are just a pichu fanboy so you cant see the light. I'm done with you. Next?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
First of all,I am not a pichu fanboy,second,there is a link somewhere on this sight,so i will try to find it again.Third,i don't care what other people think,go watch a pichu comboa video on youtube.com

"When thy hammer falls,thy nation shall rise,and once more shall justice rain upon thy lands of Beralya."

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It was never said that all the character will stay. It was NEVER SAID.

I wish people would stop saying that it was.

Falco&Etc., you are thinking of when Sakurai said that following:

Sakurai said:
They would make Smash Bros. without changing any of the 26 characters in any way whatsoever.
BUT

You didn't read the entire interview. Here's what he ACTUALLY said:

Sakurai said:
Several companies had requested my game creation skills, but I asked them to wait until after I had seen everything at E3. That was so I could make plans after seeing each company's next gen machines with my own eyes.

Then this muscled its way in. What if I had declined this offer?

"We'd work to make the game independently, but we might be told to simply focus on making the game Wi-Fi compatible, and may be instructed not to lay a hand on any of the 26 characters in the current game, Super Smash Bros. Melee."

They would make Smash Bros. without changing any of the 26 characters in any way whatsoever. What kind of a new installment would that make. And Mr. Iwata wouldn't be too hot on the idea of just handing the franchise over to someone else. Probably.
If you READ that instead of just repeating the falsehoods you've heard, you'd realize that Sakurai was talking about a FICTIONAL situation where he HADN'T become the director of the game, and he did.

Stop flaming, and this applies to Shock and Falco. You're both getting on my nerves and breaking the rules of our forum.

Shocker, people have every right to like Pichu if they want to. I'd appreciate it if you didn't flame people for liking a character. And by "appreciate it," I mean I'll warn you if you continue to do it.

JmcShocker14

McFox said:
It was never said that all the character will stay. It was NEVER SAID.

I wish people would stop saying that it was.

Falco&Etc., you are thinking of when Sakurai said that following:

BUT

You didn't read the entire interview. Here's what he ACTUALLY said:

If you READ that instead of just repeating the falsehoods you've heard, you'd realize that Sakurai was talking about a FICTIONAL situation where he HADN'T become the director of the game, and he did.

Stop flaming, and this applies to Shock and Falco. You're both getting on my nerves and breaking the rules of our forum.

Shocker, people have every right to like Pichu if they want to. I'd appreciate it if you didn't flame people for liking a character. And by "appreciate it," I mean I'll warn you if you continue to do it.
Dont that being the mod makes you right. You weren't there the whole 9 yards so just stay out of it. I didn't say that they dont have the right to like pichu. I said that pichu shouldn't be in the next game. do you understand now?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Thanks for correcting me,and i am just trying to say just because a few people hate a character,it still has it's strengths.Also,aren't there 25 characters?Oh,and can you give me the link to that entire interview?Thnx.

BentoBox

Smash Master
McFox here never implied holding the obsolute truth. You are breaking rules and that is a FACT.

And please, don't ask people to "stay out of this" because this is a friggin forum, and its meant to discuss opinions. You are just making yourself look like a fool.

JmcShocker14 said:
I still dont think you understand. Stop trying to make your words fancy and try to make more sense. If people complain to nintendo about thses characters why would they keep them in? I'm done with this conversation. Pichu needs to go bottom line
Lot's of people complain about Shiek being cheap as hell. Does that mean they're going to remove her? No. Your logic fails. And who the hell complained directly to Nintendo about these characters being unbalanced? First of all, if they complain about something, it means that these people actually care about them. And removing them isn't going to fix Anything. But hey, if I write the Big N a letter about how I think all top tiers suk, they might take em out huh? :D

I surely hope Hal's dev team isn't made out of people like you.

JmcShocker14

BentoBox said:
McFox here never implied holding the obsolute truth. You are breaking rules and that is a FACT.

And please, don't ask people to "stay out of this" because this is a friggin forum, and its meant to discuss opinions. You are just making yourself look like a fool.

Lot's of people complain about Shiek being cheap as hell. Does that mean they're going to remove her? No. Your logic fails. And who the hell complained directly to Nintendo about these characters being unbalanced? First of all, if they complain about something, it means that these people actually care about them. And removing them isn't going to fix Anything. But hey, if I write the Big N a letter about how I think all top tiers suk, they might take em out huh? :D

I surely hope Hal's dev team isn't made out of people like you.
You should stay out of this too. You're right this is a forum. So people should be able to see the things that i said and not get it twisted. So dont get it twisted Bento!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Fine, you didn't say people can't like Pichu. You just have a Pichu-hating bias and a rules-bias that's really getting on my nerves.

JmcShocker14 said:
Pichu needs to go bottom line
JmcShocker14 said:
JmcShocker14 said:
Alot of people think that pichu sucks. You are just a pichu fanboy so you cant see the light.
No matter whether you like a character or not, that's still somebody's favorite character. There is no reason to remove any characters from Melee. Do you understand now?

And Shocker gets warned again. I explicitly TOLD you to STOP acting like a mod, which includes telling people what they CAN and CAN'T talk about (which I also mentioned to you).

People on this forum are trying to tell you about the rules and customs on our forum, and you're ignoring them and generally just being a complete ***hole to everybody that's trying to help you. Keep it up and you'll be banned from our forum for a week. Come back and continue and you're banned for good.

You're already halfway there. I'd recommend that you actually start listening to the people telling you what the rules are, because they're right.

JmcShocker14

McFox said:
Fine, you didn't say people can't like Pichu. You just have a Pichu-hating bias and a rules-bias that's really getting on my nerves.

No matter whether you like a character or not, that's still somebody's favorite character. There is no reason to remove any characters from Melee. Do you understand now?

Well if they do keep her/him they should atleast make it better. Thats all i'm saying. They should atleast cut game & watch and throw paper mario in

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I was wondering,did anyone ever say what happened to board the platforms?Thats was fun.Also,i think some characters just will look weird at first,like Snake and Wario.When the game comes out,I am not going to look up the characters,but rather,i shall discover them myself.Just thinkin some random stuff. :[

Seriously though Shocker,you are hyper spamming.And you have no right to tell people they can't voice their opinions.McFox,can you give me the link to the Miyamota interview plz?

Top Bottom