• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
What are you going to be in the country for? There's no one in NY who's willing to house? I mean there are people around here who will definitely house you, but that seems an awfully long way to travel.

edit: also, that is what I meant, Vist. Thanks for correcting me.

Bones0

Smash Legend
OMG, I actually need a cube. It would be kinda pointless without a Melee disc though. I'm so deprived of tech skill practice. D:

LOL! I'm such an ebay shark. Just found a Melee disc for sale for $4 and won. If someone from CP could pick up that cube for me, I'd pay you $10. $5 just for picking it up for me. :D

CTL17

Smash Lord
So, we don't have that much time left of this semester. Then after summer break, I will suck majorly at this game, unless my intern colleagues in Taiwan play, hah.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
So, we don't have that much time left of this semester. Then after summer break, I will suck majorly at this game, unless my intern colleagues in Taiwan play, hah.
Are you bringing a setup to Taiwan? <_<

CTL17

Smash Lord
Are you bringing a setup to Taiwan? <_<
Right, I'm totally going to connect my Gamecube into the airplane's TV and challenge people on the plane. Play for the 15 hours across the Pacific.
But no, no setup in Taiwan, but that doesn't mean I can't find it there.

The Cape

Smash Master
Just money match the stewardess for some "first class service" if you catch my drift.

Hint: She L cancels for you ;-p

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm always free to Smash.

WAIT! YOU TRICKED ME!!!

Would you be at CP still? Maybe we can get Smashfest at UMBC or something.

hot$

Smash Ace
We're off school by then. But that also means we are going to be split up into our respective homes so far away from each other.
Where are you guys located during summer break? i assume spread throughout MD, but just curious.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I got that dollar of yours hanging on my wall ;)
Wooooww... low blow. I believe it was Thunderhorse(?) who put it best when he said something like:

"It sucks because there's no way he could possibly know how to play against any of these characters."

XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
2 of the 3 characters I used were in the demo, so if you had any human practice, you could've been prepared.

To be fair, Bones was the only person there man enough to challenge me in Project M, as hopeless an endeavor as that may be. Gotta give him props for that.

cmart

Smash Lord
Bones - I said that, and it was in reference to Rob. That said, Sonic's metagame is still mostly unknown, especially for someone who might not play the game all the time like the legion does. So props for using him in a mm.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
2 of the 3 characters I used were in the demo, so if you had any human practice, you could've been prepared.

To be fair, Bones was the only person there man enough to challenge me in Project M, as hopeless an endeavor as that may be. Gotta give him props for that.

I'll def. MM you next time. =) Though it's kinda unfair not having the game LOOOOOOL oh well challenge accepted and such. Falco da bess.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Here's the demo, get crackin.

I'll accept pretty much any conditions for a money match. If you want me to stick to demo characters, that's fine with me. I just prefer to use the backroom build because we've fixed so many of the problems that the demo has, like landing detection and DI.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I have my full concert on Saturday afternoon. I will not be super offended if you guys can't make it, since we're likely to run out of seats due to our apparently increasing popularity.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Bones - I said that, and it was in reference to Rob. That said, Sonic's metagame is still mostly unknown, especially for someone who might not play the game all the time like the legion does. So props for using him in a mm.
Yeah, I hadn't played any humans in Project M, so I felt like it was mostly my defensive game that was suffering. I think had you scared a few times with my sexy spindash nairs, though! haha Even from Game 1 to Game 3 I felt I had started to get a real feel for Sonic in actual games. Like I stopped trying to moonwalk into dthrow tech chases all the time. XD I will just need to practice, but I'm usually focused on my Melee game at events, so it's kinda hard to tear myself away from that to play P:M. :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fair enough. Maybe you can come to one of our Project M smashfests sometime. And for what it's worth, I've played several different P:M Sonics and yours is the only one I've ever seen pillar like that. Must be that Falco blood in your veins.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Fair enough. Maybe you can come to one of our Project M smashfests sometime. And for what it's worth, I've played several different P:M Sonics and yours is the only one I've ever seen pillar like that. Must be that Falco blood in your veins.
Definitely had some Falco influence. lol I have more tricks up my sleeve. ;) (SD = spindash) I just wasn't comfortable doing any except SD-nair. Have you ever had anyone SD into grabs? I started doing it against CPUs and it seems like it would dominate. Instead of having to jab reset you can just SD to pop them into the air and then grab, but I'm not sure how easy it is to DI out of it. I also would like to work on aerials OOSD. Since Sonic has such a hard time killing, stuff like SD -> SH fair/bair could help a lot, but I think you'd have to read their DI from the SD instantly; not sure. I also wasn't using his uair as well as I should have. It's probably his best kill move on some of the lower ceilings, especially if I can get a simple uthrow -> uair -> Spring -> uair. I only did that to you like once. Inventing new metagame is MAD fun, but intimidating. @_@

Also meant to ask, is there any way I can get some of the mods you have? Like 'Stand Up' as the menu song and the costumes? My Wii doesn't have homebrew if that's required, but I figured there'd be someway to just download a file into a folder on the SD.

Top Bottom