• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hm, y'know, I never really gave it that much thought, but I think Cloud might be the one character Sakurai and the development team over at Nintendo and Bandai might be the farthest they've gone, when it comes to replicating their original design into the game.

Looking back at the FFVII Remake of Cloud and comparing him to Smash For/Ultimate, they seem to have completely toned down the fact that Cloud had some MC Hammer JNCO jeans. Same goes with the belt buckle and design of the belt, in general.

I dunno, just an interesting fact as we head to the full reveal of FFVII Remake.
holy **** was smash clouds arm that jacked

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
16 ****ing alerts.

Holy ****, thats a scary sight to wake up to.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Really? I get up to 50 alerts every week or so, I just see it as people liking a lot of my stuff.
After I go to sleep, I usually get to 0-9 alerts when I wake up.

I don't expect much normally, so you can see why I was surprised.:laugh:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Though, my pipe dream want is a Danganronpa fighter.
A Danganronpa fighter? Really? I don't think it really fits the series.

You know what would be a pretty fun spin-off though? A Danganronpa Party, instead of losing friends in this party game, you kill them!!
a very fitting genre for the atmosphere if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Same here pretty much. Sometimes I get 15-20 alerts but most days when I get up I get about 6-9 alerts.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fun fact: Kodaka (the creator of Danganronpa for those of you who don't follow the series) has actually specifically stated he wants to make a DR fighter.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I dunno if anyone here keeps up with the 2017 DuckTales reboot, but after watching the most recent episode, there's only one thing to say.

Let's get dangerous.
Now you're speakin' my language. I posted about it last night.

That episode was so ****ing good.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Spider-Man specific fighting game could be cool, or a Mega Man fighting game, wouldn't choose it over an MVC though.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I normally get at least 10-11 ones. Today was 21 for a reason, so it's a stressful morning for me. -_-

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

That ending though... I already loved this series, but this sets up some great stuff for the future. I'm glad I gave this show a chance, because dangit, they're giving classic Disney some real love and that's always wonderful.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Fun fact: Kodaka (the creator of Danganronpa for those of you who don't follow the series) has actually specifically stated he wants to make a DR fighter.
Didn't Kodaka say he was done with Danganronpa though?
I mean, he couldn't have made it more obvious after V3.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Now where I'm coming from with Monster Hunter is that normally there has always been one MH game periodically and has massive marketing focus, be it 4 Ultimate, Double Cross or otherwise. With World being such a gigantic success for them, no doubt they wanna keep the stride going, so to then make another game exclusive to the Switch, my thing is "how can you balance two of these with one having such a massive focus and audience and get them to buy this other game that could very possibly be drastically different/also buy a Switch for it?" It's true that the Switch is making massive moves - most recently beating the PS4 in Japan, so it'll no doubt have some leverage there. But we're talking about almost a whole new game and engine that isn't on the lines of Generations Ultimate or World, possibly.
The simple answer to that would be that they could devote this year to World and then slow down with that and focus on MH Switch for next year. Even if they were to announce it at this year's E3 (which I don't think anyone has implied), it's likely not coming out this year as they already released their financial report and stated they're relying on current releases for the majority of the fiscal year. That means World would have this year to itself, which with Iceborne incoming gives it a huge incentive for fans of the series to invest in the game and that DLC and get their fix of the series if they don't want to wait. After that, they can then shift their focus somewhat (as likely they'd still release small updates in World up until its release) to MH Switch since that game would appeal to fans looking for a portable experience akin to Portable 3rd or 4.

As for the point of getting the audience to buy another Monster Hunter game for another system, Generation Ultimate already dipped their toes in that. It was a late port with little advertising left in the shadows of World that still managed to pull around a million in sales in the west, so there is a dedicated fanbase that's already itching to buy a MH game on the system. With a new entry that can use Generation Ultimate as a base (likely with some QoL updates from World) they could potentially tap into a very lucrative market for them and expand MH's reach even further.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dunno if anyone here keeps up with the 2017 DuckTales reboot, but after watching the most recent episode, there's only one thing to say.

Let's get dangerous.

Still haven’t seen it. I did catch up on all the others the other day though. They’ve been really great episodes I’m gonna try to catch it tomorrow with the star vs finale. I can’t wait!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Didn't Kodaka say he was done with Danganronpa though?
I mean, he couldn't have made it more obvious after V3.
Well, he said it before he gave up the series.

To be fair, I only said he "wanted" to do it, not that he ever actually would. :p

That ending though... I already loved this series, but this sets up some great stuff for the future. I'm glad I gave this show a chance, because dangit, they're giving classic Disney some real love and that's always wonderful.
That ending threw me for a loop for sure. First the actor playing Darkwing in the movie is revealed to be Drake Mallard, then we get NEGADUCK? If they don't make a Darkwing Duck reboot, I'll be very disappointed. I know they could do it so well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I got passed up by both Faygo and Idon despite thinking I was climbing well myself. I stagnated hard.
Yeah I got passed by Faygo hard as well.

On one hand though, at least I'm not the Marvel ****poster now, and now I'm just the resident cynic.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, he said it before he gave up the series.

To be fair, I only said he "wanted" to do it, not that he ever actually would. :p

That ending threw me for a loop for sure. First the actor playing Darkwing in the movie is revealed to be Drake Mallard, then we get NEGADUCK? If they don't make a Darkwing Duck reboot, I'll be very disappointed. I know they could do it so well.
The second I heard "Drake Mallard" I just flipped and had to pause and say "they didn't!" And then Jim going Negaduck.... hot damn, that's great writing. Here's hoping this was a test run for a potential Darkwing reboot. You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize Disney has been knocking it out of the park with their cartoons since Gravity Falls first showed up. Star vs, Wander Over Yonder, now DuckTales and maybe Darkwing? Jesus Disney, chill with the greatness! XD

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
>Game of Thrones ends tomorrow
>Star vs. the Forces of Evil ends tomorrow

I'm not ready....

I'm just not ready for it all to end tomorrow, man...
And no new Ducktales until September...no cartoons to help me cope...oh god

D

Deleted member

You can either take the blue pill or the red pill.

With the blue pill, you become a popular user through thought out, well written posts.

With the red pill....you ****post.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

You know what would be a pretty fun spin-off though? A Danganronpa Party, instead of losing friends in this party game, you kill them!!
a very fitting genre for the atmosphere if you ask me.
Well I mean you just said it...Danganronpa is all about friends murdering each other (well, the main theme is hope always prevails but still).
Perfect for a fighter.

Dangan Party sounds great too I'll admit.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You can either take the blue pill or the red pill.

With the blue pill, you become a popular user through thought out, well written posts.

With the red pill....you ****post.
So the red pill is a laxative?

Shroob

Sup?
Higurashi had an arena fighter, and Umineko had a straight up 2d fighter.

I dunno anything about Dangan but if Higurashi can do it, I'm sure that can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom